Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

5 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 3 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:08 pm

[Villa]

Wha...? Simply meant like a few metres away from me while we're waiting in the lot, not several blocks away.'

"I see, very well pardon me then Miss Bouchard that do sound like it should be safe enough."
Hildegard replied.

'For fuck's sake...' Nicole muttered in an annoyed tone, giving Adley a glare as he got out the car. Mentally cursing the facts he didn't see fit to do this while she was patching herself up, didn't answer her question and for talking in a barely-intelligible manner like he was getting dirty with a thesaurus. A short moment where she wondered whether this was one of the reasons her forebears blasted his ones out of their wizard's towers with cannon all those centuries ago...

Then she sighed, pulling out her cell again. Well, if time was to be wasted, she might as well call Trina and see if the Kinfolk had any updates.

And if something happened to Henrietta while she was waiting at the lot; Nicole would know where to pin the blame for their tardiness. And she'd do it with a nail-gun...

Hildegard gave the Etherite a bit of a look then she typed out a message to Colin.
"Mr W, if they have not gotten on their way by the time you are done with your private affairs in the living room I do believe your Cabal are in dire need of some leadership."

You called Trina the kinfolk picked up.
"Yeah Nicole..."
They said, you could hear that they where tense and scared.
"Please tell me you have found out something more, that you have found the guys who took Karin."
Clearly now it had been confirmed that someone had taken the kinfolk girl and Trina did not sound like they knew what to do about it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 3 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Adley Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:36 pm

[Villa]

He ran off towards the Villa's overgrown orchard area pulling his phone out as he went. He looked at the ominous twisted trees and thought of the day they'd buried people in the yard, when he'd found out about Beatrice, and out of the small spirit's immediate influence, the pain blossomed again and in earnest since he was just waking up again and now moving. He used it as a gauge to sense when he was alone enough, keeping an ear out for the singing angel, and cast his privacy spell to the name and call number. He hadn't tried this spell in a while; the first time had been to call someone in Chicago. Since then he had learned to adopt more appropriate hand signs, but he kept the same words. Much longer and Mr Wong would already be there and the bit of prep time he was trying to earn them would be lost. As the man had said, there wasn't much he could do, but saving them a few minutes to get a car and trustworthy person ready might save the Enforcer's life. But only if the communication was secure and he didn't tip their hand.

ooc: Vroom is adorable
ooc 2: Correspondence 1, Forces 2, check line - 2, 8, 2

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:55 pm

[Villa]

The line seamed to be fine. And the guardian angle could be heard singing further down the orchard, she should not be able to overhear either. You found no other influences on the line so it should be as safe as you could make it. The orchard was a bit nippy this late in the year but with the sharp ache in your Avatar and the sadness it was hard to notice. This is where is had begun back in September, back when everything changed.

You called your Mentor and the older mage picked up.
"Yes mea filius."
He said, the man had finally learned how to use caller ID though he could not set names yet so he only memorized the numbers.
"How goes the mission? Mr Bridges should be there shortly with his truck to pick your group up."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:03 pm

[Villa]

Anja's Post:

'Not yet. But wheels are moving; about to go into Mattapan heavy and to meet up with a rat. Has there been any other happenings I need to know about?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:51 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:'Meaning what, exactly..?' Nicole replied in a faux-innocent tone, looking at Colin with a smirk.
Colin gave her an flat stare, "Meaning I don't wish to have to get Dr. Lee to prescribe Plan B or the like. On the bright side, we've got plenty of babysitting options at the Chantry, so I suppose it wouldn't be too much of an undue burden after the first year or so..."

Anja wrote:Hildegard gave the Etherite a bit of a look then she typed out a message to Colin.
"Mr W, if they have not gotten on their way by the time you are done with your private affairs in the living room I do believe your Cabal are in dire need of some leadership."
He sighed and typed back, 'If they're still here by that time, I'm going to have to drop selected Cabalmates off somewhere halfway between here and Horizon, if only to make a point. If they're lucky, I'll pick them up on the way back again.'

Anja wrote:"I...I would like that Sir but I would not want to bother Mr Yager."
Shawn said and he looked down.
He grinned, "Far be it from me to volunteer my Cabalmate's work, but he might appreciate the challenge."

Anja wrote:"The child of the egg?"
The young vampire asked.
"Ehm sorry I read a fantasy story full of alchmists who had that concept."
And indeed that is what a Rebis was called and Heylel had to endure a endless flurry of egg jokes from their Cabal through the years they was with them.
"Well they are beautiful then Sir."
The boy said as he looked at the image of Heylel Teomim.
He arched an eyebrow, 'Very good. Heylel Teomim did, in fact, hatch from an egg. They took the name from the first things they saw as they wobbled out, the twin dawn of Horizon, both suns rising... And they were beautiful, though slightly unfixed, shifting between more masculine and more feminine traits...'

Anja wrote:"She looks like a Renaissance painting Sir."
Shawn said as he looked at Eloine, and indeed she did, back then she had been the pinnacle of female beauty in Europe, today she would have been seen at rather plump, still pretty though but back then the Lady Eloine was a legendary beauty.
He smiled, "She was a rare beauty, immortalized in a number of paintings at the time..."

Anja wrote:"So...the reason why my grandfather had that ring is that he and I are descendant from the son this Heylel placed at a Convent door? Well that do fit with the story my grandfather said, that the furthest back he had been able to trace our family was to a child left at a Convent door, dressed in fine clothes and with that ring on a string around his neck. How he was adopted and lived a simple but rewarding life until he was well into his nineties and then passed away with his family around him, not a bad way to live or to die."
The young boy said.
"It must have been horribly sad for Heylel to leave behind his children though, and betraying his friends."
He muttered sadly.
He nodded, 'Heylel did what they could to save the innocent, but betraying their Cabal like that was the only way to ensure the only possible outcome was the excising of Moloch from their Avatar.'

Anja wrote:"W...wait mages destroy one another's souls as a punishment but that is...that is horrible!"
Shawn exclaimed mentally then he looked down apologetically.
"Forgive me please I did not mean any offense I really did not and I am glad some of Heylel's souls survived and I understand that it had to be done for him...ehm they not to become that Moloch thing but still that is a really, really harsh punishment."
The boy said nervously and he seamed rather shocked.
He nodded, 'It is overly harsh, and quite frankly used to excess... but it was the only way to stop Moloch then, and hopefully, we can find a less gruesome way to stop him this time... The First Cabal, save one, is reborn in this time, and Moloch is trying once again... We've got to stop him, and make good on the promises made 550 years ago...'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:17 am

[Villa]

Anja wrote:The young boy considered for a moment then he nodded and asked.
"Vroom are you happy? Is there anything you need?"
The little spirit stopped for a moment to look at Shawn then it continued racing around happily.

"I think he likes you." Serge said with a smile. "I'm pretty sure playing the game is all the spirit wants. Make sure to think about him when you start up the game."

Colin wrote:He smiled and looked to Serge, "You know, Shawn will need a window of sorts in his underground room, perhaps you can paint one for him, something that will at least give a small illusion of seeing the day outside?"
Anja wrote:"I...I would like that Sir but I would not want to bother Mr Yager."
Shawn said and he looked down.
Colin wrote:He grinned, "Far be it from me to volunteer my Cabalmate's work, but he might appreciate the challenge."

"That's easy. I can have that done in a day." Serge said confidently, glancing at Shawn, "It won't be a bother at all. I can even add birds flying overhead and other ambient stuff like that. Stuff that you don't normally get to see if your nocturnal."

Colin wrote:He smiled sadly, 'Akrites was a gentle, innocent man, full of child-like wonder, very much like you. I just hope Paradox won't affect you like it did him; reeking of pot is rather disapproved of today. But that's beside the point. Now, where were we... Oh, yes, another person of immense personal importance in this story was the lovely Eloine,' He recalled Eloine's visage, as it were while they were traveling together that first year, 'She and Heylel grew close, and eventually, they had twins together. The day Eloine gave birth, Heylel was pacing a quite literal groove in the carpet... but the twins were a lovely pair, boy and girl, already bound together in the reincarnation cycle for the past several centuries, as well as the ages to come... But there was a problem, a danger of which only Heylel and Akrites were aware: with Heylel's imperfect transformation into a rebis, they had unwittingly become host to a seed of evil; a being called Moloch, who would arise from the dissonance between Heylel's two Avatars. Akrites knew of what would happen if Heylel were not stopped, if Moloch were to be allowed to grow strong - it would be the end of magic, in a way; the end of free will, and an age of machine men with machine minds... Akrites' prophecy is readily available, by the way, and I can get you a copy of that. In any case, Heylel also knew, even if they never told Akrites, and there was only one way to stop Moloch. Heylel's souls would have to be torn apart, shredded to little bits. So, Heylel did the only thing they could that would ensure so harsh a punishment - they betrayed the First Cabal to the Order of Reason, with every intent to rescue them afterwards, before anything worse could happen. Things did... not go as intended; some died, some were tortured... the price paid by their loved ones broke Heylel, far more than the tortures heaped upon them by the angry Traditions after their capture. But between the rescue and the arrest, Heylel had the time to do one last desperate act: they saved the children. The daughter was placed with a simple farmer's family, and raised as their own, whereas the son...' He brought up the memory of Teomim placing the boy at the convent door, with the ring, 'The son was left at a convent, and eventually adopted, and his lineage trickled down the centuries, culminating in you, Shawn.'
He paused for a moment, 'And as for Heylel Teomim, they were eventually captured by the Traditions, put on what was supposed to be scarcely even a trial, but the trial was done as properly as could be, thanks to the incredibly dedicated, fresh, young defense attorney named Udella Adimari Hermes bani Quaesitor. Despite all her work, Heylel's plan worked in that regard; they were sentenced to Gilgul, or soulflaying, and their Avatars were shredded... or so the record shows. A small piece, the last fragment of each Avatar, managed to finally merge, the ultimate success of Heylel's attempt to become a true rebis, and that merged shard hid and slowly rebuilt itself into a full-fledged Avatar, taking what pieces she could, over the next five hundred years. To the day, in fact... and then she chose a newborn baby boy to reincarnate into; an English child whose mother named him Colin.'

Serge stayed silent, taking in everything that he could from Colin's tragic story and submitting it to memory. He knew bits and pieces of the story already, but much of it was as new to him as it was to Shawn.

After a bit Serge responded with his own questions. "So if I'm getting this right, I'm surrounded by two different version of Heylel right now? His descendent... he said glancing at Shawn, "And his avatar?", glancing at Colin.

Colin wrote:He smiled sadly to Serge, 'So, I cannot forgive Akrites for what he did - because he did exactly what he needed to do. There's nothing I could forgive, I can only ask his forgiveness, on behalf of Heylel's Avatar...'

After a bit of thoughtful silence Serge thought back, "I've only met him once...but in that short time I could tell what kind of man he was. It was clear that he was truly sorry for what happened to Heylel. I'm sure he would accept your apology wholeheartedly."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:13 am

[Villa]

'Not yet. But wheels are moving; about to go into Mattapan heavy and to meet up with a rat. Has there been any other happenings I need to know about?'

"Yeah we have found out someone took Karin."
Trina said.
"I was looking for her when i met one of the guys she sells sex to sometimes, he said he had been talking with her when this car pulled up and two men got out and dragged her inside. He was pretty stressed about it but had not gone to the police since he did not think it would help and he is probably right, the police would not care about a homeless girl being kidnapped."
They said sounding pretty scared.
"And I do not know what to do or how to help."

He sighed and typed back, 'If they're still here by that time, I'm going to have to drop selected Cabalmates off somewhere halfway between here and Horizon, if only to make a point. If they're lucky, I'll pick them up on the way back again.'

You got a reply back.
"That might do them some good Mr W."

He grinned, "Far be it from me to volunteer my Cabalmate's work, but he might appreciate the challenge."

Shawn looked at you but he said nothing he just nodded and looked down.

He arched an eyebrow, 'Very good. Heylel Teomim did, in fact, hatch from an egg. They took the name from the first things they saw as they wobbled out, the twin dawn of Horizon, both suns rising... And they were beautiful, though slightly unfixed, shifting between more masculine and more feminine traits...'

"The land of two suns...I have seen that, the land of two suns but truly there can not be such a place Sir?"
The vampire muttered surprised.
"So they changed their shape Sir?"

He smiled, "She was a rare beauty, immortalized in a number of paintings at the time..."

Shawn nodded at that.

He nodded, 'Heylel did what they could to save the innocent, but betraying their Cabal like that was the only way to ensure the only possible outcome was the excising of Moloch from their Avatar.'

"It can not have been an easy choice Sir."
The boy muttered.

e nodded, 'It is overly harsh, and quite frankly used to excess... but it was the only way to stop Moloch then, and hopefully, we can find a less gruesome way to stop him this time... The First Cabal, save one, is reborn in this time, and Moloch is trying once again... We've got to stop him, and make good on the promises made 550 years ago...'

"They where very brave to make such a sacrifice in order to stop Moloch Sir."
Shawn said.
"Do mages use that punishment against one another allot? It is terrifying to think about. Do they destroy the souls of non mages as well? Francis Miliner got to eat the soul of another vampire."
He said fearfully and looked down.

"I think he likes you." Serge said with a smile. "I'm pretty sure playing the game is all the spirit wants. Make sure to think about him when you start up the game."

"I can do that Sir."
Shawn said and he perked up.

"That's easy. I can have that done in a day." Serge said confidently, glancing at Shawn, "It won't be a bother at all. I can even add birds flying overhead and other ambient stuff like that. Stuff that you don't normally get to see if your nocturnal."

"I...I would like that very much Sir."
Shawn said with a half smile.
"B...but I can not pay you and I do not want to be a bother..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:37 am

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"I...I would like that very much Sir."

"I don't care about payment. Stuff like that just gets in the way of a good deed." Serge said with a slight shake of his head. "As long as it's fun for me and makes you happy, that'll be payment enough for me."

Anja wrote:"They where very brave to make such a sacrifice in order to stop Moloch Sir."
Shawn said.
"Do mages use that punishment against one another allot? It is terrifying to think about. Do they destroy the souls of non mages as well? Francis Miliner got to eat the soul of another vampire."

"It's the strictest punishment in the book. Only used in the most extreme circumstances. When a person's magick and soul needs to be cut from the world entirely." Serge thought to Shawn, a cold shiver in those mental emanations as he thought about the cruel practice of the Traditions.

"I don't think they would ever use gilgul on non-mages. Don't think they'd ever bring a non-mage to Horizon to perform the deed. If they needed to destroy a non-mages souls I'm sure they'd use a different method. But don't quote me on that." he thought, glancing at Colin for a more accurate answer to the question.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:53 am

[Villa]

"I don't care about payment. Stuff like that just gets in the way of a good deed." Serge said with a slight shake of his head. "As long as it's fun for me and makes you happy, that'll be payment enough for me."

"Well if you are sure Sir and it is not a bother to you then I would love that, when you have the time off course."
Shawn said nervously not really sure how to accept a gift and he looked down at his hands.

"It's the strictest punishment in the book. Only used in the most extreme circumstances. When a person's magick and soul needs to be cut from the world entirely." Serge thought to Shawn, a cold shiver in those mental emanations as he thought about the cruel practice of the Traditions.

"I don't think they would ever use gilgul on non-mages. Don't think they'd ever bring a non-mage to Horizon to perform the deed. If they needed to destroy a non-mages souls I'm sure they'd use a different method. But don't quote me on that." he thought, glancing at Colin for a more accurate answer to the question.

"It sounds horrible, I think it would be better to be killed Sir."
Shawn thought and he noticed your reaction and looked down.
"It is good it is rare then, but it is stil horrible if you will allow me to say that...ehm think that...poor Heylel they must have been terrified."

Colin you know that you can Gilgul a sleeper who have an Avatar and this is done against unawakened widderslainte children, they are not normally taken to Horizon though. You can not however do the rite on something that do not have an Avatar like a vampire. Shawn's unawakened soul would have either shattered or left to be reborn when he was Embraced it was not known what happened to the Avatars of non mages who become vampires but it was believed they simply left their dead hosts.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 am

[Villa garden - Call]

You called your Mentor and the older mage picked up. "Yes mea filius." He said, the man had finally learned how to use caller ID though he could not set names yet so he only memorized the numbers. "How goes the mission? Mr Bridges should be there shortly with his truck to pick your group up."

"A private word, please sir," he said, then when given the go-ahead he continued, keeping an eye out around him as he spoke and the quality of the call. "There is someone on their way with news regarding what happened earlier when I was on the way home from the pizza place. It may save time to have my cabalmate, the doctor, ready to go on an 'errand' if they are available, but we must be cautious. The information that my amicus left you before this mission may also prove relevant. I am about to go on to the next mission."

[Villa - Suburu]

Once he had ended the call, he hurried back to the car and thanked Hildegard. 'Come, my friend, there is work yet to do,' he asked of Flicker, opening his hands towards her in a friendly way. Then he got into the passenger side, shut the door and put his bag down at his feet. "Alright, please tell me what is going on, so I can help. We are meeting Ms Day, I take it?" After a moment, he put the seatbelt on and took the tablet out to clear it. "And no, I could not have waited ten minutes, because by then it would have been too late."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:09 am

[Villa]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back.
"That might do them some good Mr W."
Colin hcuckled darkly and replied, 'That depends on whether or not I remember to pick them up on the way back...'

Anja wrote:Shawn looked at you but he said nothing he just nodded and looked down.
Jeremy wrote:"That's easy. I can have that done in a day." Serge said confidently, glancing at Shawn, "It won't be a bother at all. I can even add birds flying overhead and other ambient stuff like that. Stuff that you don't normally get to see if your nocturnal."
Anja wrote:"I...I would like that very much Sir."
Jeremy wrote:"I don't care about payment. Stuff like that just gets in the way of a good deed." Serge said with a slight shake of his head. "As long as it's fun for me and makes you happy, that'll be payment enough for me."
Anja wrote:"Well if you are sure Sir and it is not a bother to you then I would love that, when you have the time off course."
Shawn said nervously not really sure how to accept a gift and he looked down at his hands.
He smiled, "I know you're not used to being given things sincerely... but that's how things will be from now on - you've got some healing to do, and I don't mean just your arm..."

Anja wrote:"The land of two suns...I have seen that, the land of two suns but truly there can not be such a place Sir?"
The vampire muttered surprised.
"So they changed their shape Sir?"
He nodded, 'I've been there a few times over the past couple of months, it's beautiful. The twin suns are not as strong as the one on Earth, though. And... they did not exactly change their shape, if is more accurate to say that it fluctuated, much like the tide, or the phases of the moon, only less regularly and predictably. Not much conscious control over it.'

Jeremy wrote:Serge stayed silent, taking in everything that he could from Colin's tragic story and submitting it to memory. He knew bits and pieces of the story already, but much of it was as new to him as it was to Shawn.

After a bit Serge responded with his own questions. "So if I'm getting this right, I'm surrounded by two different version of Heylel right now? His descendent... he said glancing at Shawn, "And his avatar?", glancing at Colin.
He nodded, 'I wouldn't use the word 'version' for it, but yes. As you are the Seer's heir. And Anna is the reincarnation of Louis DuMonte, the Hermetic of the First Cabal.'

Anja wrote:"It can not have been an easy choice Sir."
The boy muttered.
He shook his head, "When it came down to it... it was a simple choice, but not an easy one. To commit a crime which would likely be the end of all Teomim was, or to let Moloch rise to power and become the end of all Teomim loved, and of humanity's freedom..."

Anja wrote:"They where very brave to make such a sacrifice in order to stop Moloch Sir."
Shawn said.
Jeremy wrote:"It's the strictest punishment in the book. Only used in the most extreme circumstances. When a person's magick and soul needs to be cut from the world entirely." Serge thought to Shawn, a cold shiver in those mental emanations as he thought about the cruel practice of the Traditions.

Anja wrote:"It sounds horrible, I think it would be better to be killed Sir."
Shawn thought and he noticed your reaction and looked down.
"It is good it is rare then, but it is stil horrible if you will allow me to say that...ehm think that...poor Heylel they must have been terrified."

Colin you know that you can Gilgul a sleeper who have an Avatar and this is done against unawakened widderslainte children, they are not normally taken to Horizon though. You can not however do the rite on something that do not have an Avatar like a vampire. Shawn's unawakened soul would have either shattered or left to be reborn when he was Embraced it was not known what happened to the Avatars of non mages who become vampires but it was believed they simply left their dead hosts.
He frowned, 'I've watched it done too often lately - punishment for the Fallen captives of the battles in Chicago and here, two months back... it's done to Magi and sleepers - people whose Avatar, or magical soul, is not yet Awake. Vampires do not have an Avatar, for example, only a Beast that has supplanted it... and death is vastly preferable, it's just... not always an option. On one spectacular occasion, the Avatar had to be torn to pieces. Other times... best not dwell on that, really... too horrible.'

Jeremy wrote:After a bit of thoughtful silence Serge thought back, "I've only met him once...but in that short time I could tell what kind of man he was. It was clear that he was truly sorry for what happened to Heylel. I'm sure he would accept your apology wholeheartedly."
He slowly cracked a smile, a couple of tears forming in the corners of his eyes, as he stepped up to Serge and pulled him into a hug, "Thank you... I think we both needed to hear that..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:02 am

[Villa Call]

"A private word, please sir," he said, then when given the go-ahead he continued, keeping an eye out around him as he spoke and the quality of the call. "There is someone on their way with news regarding what happened earlier when I was on the way home from the pizza place. It may save time to have my cabalmate, the doctor, ready to go on an 'errand' if they are available, but we must be cautious. The information that my amicus left you before this mission may also prove relevant. I am about to go on to the next mission."

Jeffry was silent and listened as you spoke and when he spoke himself he was clearly concerned but also matter of fact.
"Very well I shall heed your advice mea filius, thank you for the heads up. Please keep me updated."

[Villa Subaru]

Once he had ended the call, he hurried back to the car and thanked Hildegard. 'Come, my friend, there is work yet to do,' he asked of Flicker, opening his hands towards her in a friendly way. Then he got into the passenger side, shut the door and put his bag down at his feet. "Alright, please tell me what is going on, so I can help. We are meeting Ms Day, I take it?" After a moment, he put the seatbelt on and took the tablet out to clear it. "And no, I could not have waited ten minutes, because by then it would have been too late."

Hidegard nodded when you thanked her.
"My pleasure Mr Roth Hicks."
She said. Flicker was in one of the apple trees fluttering around but when you spoke to her she returned to your hand and she hummed plesantly seaming having gotten new energy from spending time around plants.

[Villa Living Room]

Colin hcuckled darkly and replied, 'That depends on whether or not I remember to pick them up on the way back...'

You got a reply back which said.
"I think the Chief might be displeased if you stranded his student in the Umbra Mr W"

He smiled, "I know you're not used to being given things sincerely... but that's how things will be from now on - you've got some healing to do, and I don't mean just your arm..."

"I but...I am just a Thin Blooded I am not worth it Sir."
Shawn said sadly looking down.

He nodded, 'I've been there a few times over the past couple of months, it's beautiful. The twin suns are not as strong as the one on Earth, though. And... they did not exactly change their shape, if is more accurate to say that it fluctuated, much like the tide, or the phases of the moon, only less regularly and predictably. Not much conscious control over it.'

"My Sire told me that her Sire had told her that mages do alot of strange things, visiting other worlds though that is so cool."
The young vampire exclaimed.
"Hum..well that would make sense, like if their form was not completely set?"
He asked.

He shook his head, "When it came down to it... it was a simple choice, but not an easy one. To commit a crime which would likely be the end of all Teomim was, or to let Moloch rise to power and become the end of all Teomim loved, and of humanity's freedom..."

"Well when you put it that way Sir...I guess you are right but not many would be able to make such a choice non the less."
Shawn said and he nodded.

He frowned, 'I've watched it done too often lately - punishment for the Fallen captives of the battles in Chicago and here, two months back... it's done to Magi and sleepers - people whose Avatar, or magical soul, is not yet Awake. Vampires do not have an Avatar, for example, only a Beast that has supplanted it... and death is vastly preferable, it's just... not always an option. On one spectacular occasion, the Avatar had to be torn to pieces. Other times... best not dwell on that, really... too horrible.'

Shawn looked at you then he nodded.
"Yeah it is to horrible Sir."
He muttered, he did not know what a Fallen was but he did not seam to think it was appropriate to ask right now.

He slowly cracked a smile, a couple of tears forming in the corners of his eyes, as he stepped up to Serge and pulled him into a hug, "Thank you... I think we both needed to hear that..."

You could feel Mia's emotions, she was happy and yet also sad, her burst of emotion overwhelming as she thought of her lost friends, tentatively she reached out with a hand and touched Serge, touched his Avatar, the contact lasted only for a moment but you saw for that moment a form full of color, a manifestation of creativity itself, a muse who always changed her shape into whatever was needed or whatever she wished, she was a proud bandit swords woman, a cloaked super hero, a giggling child, forever changing, never staying still. She was magnificent and you could feel inspiration for new jewellery pieces flooding into your mind from the brief contact and a need and desire to create.

Serge you felt something as Colin hugged you as if a part of him touched something deep in your innermost being and you saw a woman, she was beautiful and dressed in a blue dress which belonged in the Renaissance but which was to low cut to belong to a member of proper society, even so she had a dignity about her, like a queen in her domain, the same dignity you had seen in your own grandmother. The woman's face was beautiful but she was cracked, like a porcelain doll which had been shattered and put back together from different pieces. The vision lasted for but one moment and then it was gone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:28 pm

[Villa]

Colin's Post:

'Not gonna happen. No hat, no fun. If them fails, the Clinic. Simple as.' Nicole replied confidently, though her body language made it rather obvious this was something she was worried about.

Anja's Post:

'Fuck... know any details 'bout the men? Like what they were dressed like, or the kind of car?'

[Subaru]

Adley's Post:

'Too late for what?' Nicole replied, a little curtly as she switched on the car's engine and began to back out the drive.

[Colin; you keep on tagging Nicole's posts as Anja's! Almost missed this one.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:40 pm

[Villa]

Fuck... know any details 'bout the men? Like what they were dressed like, or the kind of car?'

"He said it was a blue van of some sort and that the men was nicely dressed, that is all the john said to me."
Trina replied she sounded rather stressed.
"What do we do now Nicole?"

(OOC: Apparently I am now hobby Nicole or Nicole is hobby Anja. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:17 pm

[Villa garden - Call]

Jeffry was silent and listened as you spoke and when he spoke himself he was clearly concerned but also matter of fact.
"Very well I shall heed your advice mea filius, thank you for the heads up. Please keep me updated."

"Yes sir.Until later," he said, ready to end the call.

[Villa - Suburu]

"My pleasure Mr Roth Hicks."
She said. Flicker was in one of the apple trees fluttering around but when you spoke to her she returned to your hand and she hummed plesantly seaming having gotten new energy from spending time around plants.

He smiled a touch as he noticed the spirit's renewed vigor.

'Too late for what?' Nicole replied, a little curtly as she switched on the car's engine and began to back out the drive.

"Too late for a call to make any difference, if it was going to have a positive effect in our favor. Unfortunately, there are other things going on. Since I cannot go myself I contacted home but those that are working on it are playing it close to the chest for the moment. Please tell me about the mission we're going on,and relevant information, so I can help," he repeated.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:47 pm

[Villa]

"Take care is yourself and yes later mea filius."
Jeffry replied before the call ended.

[Subaru]

Flicker dance around happily her humming and glowing green aura helping to dull your headache.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:50 pm

[Villa Living Room]

Anja wrote:"Well if you are sure Sir and it is not a bother to you then I would love that, when you have the time off course."
Colin wrote:He smiled, "I know you're not used to being given things sincerely... but that's how things will be from now on - you've got some healing to do, and I don't mean just your arm..."
Anja wrote:"I but...I am just a Thin Blooded I am not worth it Sir."

"It'll be my pleasure. I might add some extra things as well. Can't stand a plain room." he mused.

Colin wrote:He nodded, 'I wouldn't use the word 'version' for it, but yes. As you are the Seer's heir. And Anna is the reincarnation of Louis DuMonte, the Hermetic of the First Cabal.'

"So Anna's in on this as well." he thought tilting his head slightly. "How many of the first cabal's reincarnations have you met?"

Colin wrote:He slowly cracked a smile, a couple of tears forming in the corners of his eyes, as he stepped up to Serge and pulled him into a hug, "Thank you... I think we both needed to hear that..."

Serge nodded and accepted the hug. "There's a lot of bad blood between the members of the first cabal. That needs to be fixed. Friends shouldn't stay mad at each other."

Anja wrote:Serge you felt something as Colin hugged you as if a part of him touched something deep in your innermost being and you saw a woman, she was beautiful and dressed in a blue dress which belonged in the Renaissance but which was to low cut to belong to a member of proper society, even so she had a dignity about her, like a queen in her domain, the same dignity you had seen in your own grandmother. The woman's face was beautiful but she was cracked, like a porcelain doll which had been shattered and put back together from different pieces. The vision lasted for but one moment and then it was gone.

Serge focused on the vision for the short while it lasted and when it vanished from his mind's eye he thought, "I-I think I may have just seen Heylel's Avatar. She's quite beautiful, if you don't mind me saying."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:39 pm

[Villa Living Room]

"It'll be my pleasure. I might add some extra things as well. Can't stand a plain room." he mused.

"Thank you Sir."
Shawn muttered.
"If you are sure it is no bother."
Then he was silent as Serge and Colin spoke and hugged one another, he did not really understand what was going on but he did not ask any questions for now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:51 pm

[Villa Subaru]
Nicole wrote:'Not gonna happen. No hat, no fun. If them fails, the Clinic. Simple as.' Nicole replied confidently, though her body language made it rather obvious this was something she was worried about.
Colin nodded, "Just be careful, all around... And keep in mind that there may be other interested parties on the prowl, too."

[Villa Living Room]
Anja wrote:"I but...I am just a Thin Blooded I am not worth it Sir."
Jeremy wrote:"It'll be my pleasure. I might add some extra things as well. Can't stand a plain room." he mused.
Anja wrote:"Thank you Sir."
Shawn muttered.
"If you are sure it is no bother."
Then he was silent as Serge and Colin spoke and hugged one another, he did not really understand what was going on but he did not ask any questions for now.
He smiled, "You've got to stop thinking like that, Shawn, that's the Capo speaking. And he had a vested interest in keeping you from recognizing your worth."

Anja wrote:"My Sire told me that her Sire had told her that mages do alot of strange things, visiting other worlds though that is so cool."
The young vampire exclaimed.
"Hum..well that would make sense, like if their form was not completely set?"
He asked.
He nodded, "That's about right... We do a lot of strange things. And yes, their form was not fully set."

Jeremy wrote:"So Anna's in on this as well." he thought tilting his head slightly. "How many of the first cabal's reincarnations have you met?"
He shrugged, 'One other, for now. If you remember Captain Welder, who visited us the weekend of the battle? She was Sister Bernadette.'

Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded and accepted the hug. "There's a lot of bad blood between the members of the first cabal. That needs to be fixed. Friends shouldn't stay mad at each other."
He nodded, 'One at a time... I've got to find their reincarnations first. Fall Breeze should be the easiest one to contact...'

Anja wrote:You could feel Mia's emotions, she was happy and yet also sad, her burst of emotion overwhelming as she thought of her lost friends, tentatively she reached out with a hand and touched Serge, touched his Avatar, the contact lasted only for a moment but you saw for that moment a form full of color, a manifestation of creativity itself, a muse who always changed her shape into whatever was needed or whatever she wished, she was a proud bandit swords woman, a cloaked super hero, a giggling child, forever changing, never staying still. She was magnificent and you could feel inspiration for new jewellery pieces flooding into your mind from the brief contact and a need and desire to create.
Jeremy wrote:Serge focused on the vision for the short while it lasted and when it vanished from his mind's eye he thought, "I-I think I may have just seen Heylel's Avatar. She's quite beautiful, if you don't mind me saying."
He grinned, slowly letting go, 'That would be Mia de Napoli, Teomim's better half. And yours is quite impressive, too - one hell of a muse.'

((OOC: Oopsie, my bad - I do that a lot, actually, but most of the time, I catch the slip-up before posting...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:03 pm

[Villa]

He smiled, "You've got to stop thinking like that, Shawn, that's the Capo speaking. And he had a vested interest in keeping you from recognizing your worth."

"Yes Sir I will try."
Shawn agreed but he still looked rather doubtful.

He nodded, "That's about right... We do a lot of strange things. And yes, their form was not fully set."

"Well I think the things you do are cool Sir."
Shawn commented.
"I guess that makes sense Sir making two people into one person is probably really hard."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:10 pm

[Villa Living Room]

Colin wrote:He shrugged, 'One other, for now. If you remember Captain Welder, who visited us the weekend of the battle? She was Sister Bernadette.'

Serge nodded and went on to his next question, "You mentioned that Shawn is the descendent of Heylel's son. But you also mentioned that Heylel had a daughter? What happened to her and her descendents?"

Colin wrote:He nodded, 'One at a time... I've got to find their reincarnations first. Fall Breeze should be the easiest one to contact...'

"Do you mind if I join you in the search when the time comes? Wouldn't want to shirk the duties Arkites gave me now would I?" he asked with a grin.

Colin wrote:He grinned, slowly letting go, 'That would be Mia de Napoli, Teomim's better half. And yours is quite impressive, too - one hell of a muse.'

"You managed to see mine as well? I'd introduce you but she doesn't exactly have one singular name." Serge thought, chuckling to himself. "She changes her name to fit whatever form she has on. Doubt she'd enjoy having one singular name. What form did you see her in? Anything cool?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:25 pm

[Villa]

Serge nodded and went on to his next question, "You mentioned that Shawn is the descendent of Heylel's son. But you also mentioned that Heylel had a daughter? What happened to her and her descendents?"

"Yeah I was wondering about that to Sir, I would be related to her to would I not, do you know what happened to her?"
Shawn asked and he hesitated but curiosity won out.
"Also you guys mention something you call and Avatar all the time Sir, what is that? If I may ask that is."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:47 pm

[Villa]

Colin's Post:

'Shit... you mean the Army has those scumbag recruiters out again?' the Etherite replied brightly.

Anja's Post:

'By telling me the time and location of this, so camera footage can be checked.' Nicole replied, digging through her pockets to locate paper and a pen.

[Subaru]

Adley's Post:

'Yeah, "playing it close to the chest".' the Etherite echoed sarcastically, clearly aiming at Adley's own opaqueness, finishing backing the car out and heading off into the night.

'Been getting reports that rat-shifter kin have been going missing in Boston - and one of the 'shifters themselves were attacked. Dunno why this is exactly - Colin and me have different theories on this - but both are linked to this fucking plague and shit. I got Henrietta to work her contacts while we were on the rescue mission, and she's managed to get a meet with one of them 'shifters. I'm going 'cos I know what questions to ask.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:54 pm

[Villa]

By telling me the time and location of this, so camera footage can be checked.' Nicole replied, digging through her pockets to locate paper and a pen.

"Yeah he said it happened around one today as in 13, and it was by that pizza place right to the cinema that is about next door to the mall she was going to."
Trina said not having the best grip on how to explain an address.
"You know Lucy's Pizza the John said it happened there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:05 pm

[Villa]

Anja's Post:

'So, blue van, by Lucy's Pizza around thirteen-hundred. Place will be camera'd up to fuck, so we'll be able to get a lead off that.' Nicole replied, writing the details on a bit of card she'd found in her pocket. 'I think I've got her cell number too, see if we can do a trace.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next