Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:12 am

[Empty Apartment]

Colin smiled, "She thought it was amusing, too. Lovely laugh on the dear woman. And yes, it is sneaky."

"I can not imagine a Nephandus to have a lovely laugh."
Flavian muttered.

He nodded, "Hope springs eternal. And even if it doesn't work, figuring out the sand's limitations will be well worth it."

"Well I am all in favor of experimentation Mr Wainwright."
Nico agreed.

He grinned, "Excellent, that would leave me two of them before heading into combat... so how was tea?"

"Two of them? And it was nice...Bruce is...nice."
The Verditius said and you could hear them blushing.
"Ehm...he asked me out for dinner tomorrow providing that we are alive by then."

(OOC: Sorry I did not see your post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:42 am

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I can not imagine a Nephandus to have a lovely laugh."
Flavian muttered.
Colin shrugged, "Well, now, not being Fallen helps... and there's context. One of the... captives from Chicago a couple months back had a lovely laugh, too, so long as the reason did not involve malice..."

Anja wrote:"Two of them? And it was nice...Bruce is...nice."
The Verditius said and you could hear them blushing.
"Ehm...he asked me out for dinner tomorrow providing that we are alive by then."
He grinned even more broadly, "Well, I have one left from the original batch from the future... well, that is a little complicated, you know. In any case, we'll have to make sure that tomorrow comes along for the both of you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:00 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin shrugged, "Well, now, not being Fallen helps... and there's context. One of the... captives from Chicago a couple months back had a lovely laugh, too, so long as the reason did not involve malice..."

Ah yes you and your team was in Chicago as well was they not Mr Wainwright...well I suppose even Nephandi can be human...in some ways."
Fabian said with a sigh.

He grinned even more broadly, "Well, I have one left from the original batch from the future... well, that is a little complicated, you know. In any case, we'll have to make sure that tomorrow comes along for the both of you."

"Ah yes off course...from the future."
Nico said.
"Well you have inspired me Mr Wainwright I might try to learn a little of Ars Temporis though for me it's practice would be through the creation of magickal items, I am and artificer after all, and yes if there are no reality for me and Bruce to have our dinner tomorrow I will be most cross."
They added wryly.
"Well then was there anything else Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:07 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:Ah yes you and your team was in Chicago as well was they not Mr Wainwright...well I suppose even Nephandi can be human...in some ways."
Fabian said with a sigh.
Colin nodded, "It's dangerous to consider them all mere monsters... they are humans, with human emotions, desires, and motivations, and remembering that does give a strategic and tactical advantage. It means they can be negotiated with - bluffed, scared, even convinced into surrender. You can't do that with a literal monster under the bed."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes off course...from the future."
Nico said.
"Well you have inspired me Mr Wainwright I might try to learn a little of Ars Temporis though for me it's practice would be through the creation of magickal items, I am and artificer after all, and yes if there are no reality for me and Bruce to have our dinner tomorrow I will be most cross."
They added wryly.
"Well then was there anything else Mr Wainwright?"
He grinned, "While that requires rather higher rank, I suppose you'd like a Stopwatch, so you could stop time around you while enjoying dinner, for example... or perhaps stop time for someone else, whether to keep someone alive until the healer could get there, or merely detain an enemy..."
He shook his head, "Well, no, that's all - I just had the urgent idea about the lens; I'll leave you to your work, and I'll swing by for the bullet in a bit. Good evening."

After hanging up, he returned to the bedroom to see what, if anything had happened there, "Pardon that, I just had an urgent commission to bounce off our resident Solificati."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:20 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin nodded, "It's dangerous to consider them all mere monsters... they are humans, with human emotions, desires, and motivations, and remembering that does give a strategic and tactical advantage. It means they can be negotiated with - bluffed, scared, even convinced into surrender. You can't do that with a literal monster under the bed."

"Well i guess you are right, however it is hard to imagine someone being human doing the things the Nephandi do or wishing for the end of everything like they do."
The now hedge wizard replied.
"But yeah sure they do have emotions, I have never claimed otherwise."

He grinned, "While that requires rather higher rank, I suppose you'd like a Stopwatch, so you could stop time around you while enjoying dinner, for example... or perhaps stop time for someone else, whether to keep someone alive until the healer could get there, or merely detain an enemy..."

"Well yes that would be nice but I would go for creating a proper scrying glass for past and future vision first."
Nico replied.
"That would be quite useful."

He shook his head, "Well, no, that's all - I just had the urgent idea about the lens; I'll leave you to your work, and I'll swing by for the bullet in a bit. Good evening."

"You do that Mr Wainwright and no problem I will see what I can do."
The Rebis relied.
"Yeah good evening to you as well."

After hanging up, he returned to the bedroom to see what, if anything had happened there, "Pardon that, I just had an urgent commission to bounce off our resident Solificati."

Richard had tended to Flavian's wound and bandaged it and now he was helping the man take a sip of water, probably to swallow down some pills for the discomfort.
"That is quite all right Colin. I have examined the patient and he will be fine but he is exhausted, I am giving him something to help him sleep. The wound should be cleaned and the bandages changed daily but it should be fine, I find I can not heal it with magick though. I am going to draw some blood to find if there is anything out of the ordinary really and to see if any of the properties of the sand are in his blood steam."
Richard said and Flavian nodded.
"Solificati eh...Master Haagen then?"
He asked.

(OOC: Nico is still a Verditius.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:29 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Well i guess you are right, however it is hard to imagine someone being human doing the things the Nephandi do or wishing for the end of everything like they do."
The now hedge wizard replied.
"But yeah sure they do have emotions, I have never claimed otherwise."
Colin shrugged, "Every living thing has emotions; the key thing to remember is that the Fallen have explicitly human emotions. Well, the vast majority of them, at least. I suppose a few of the truly ancient ones might differ, though then again, the Jade Demon seemed more to be in control of his emotions than lacking them... and I've encountered regular people easily as monstrous as any Nephandi I've had the... experience of dealing with."

Anja wrote:Richard had tended to Flavian's wound and bandaged it and now he was helping the man take a sip of water, probably to swallow down some pills for the discomfort.
"That is quite all right Colin. I have examined the patient and he will be fine but he is exhausted, I am giving him something to help him sleep. The wound should be cleaned and the bandages changed daily but it should be fine, I find I can not heal it with magick though. I am going to draw some blood to find if there is anything out of the ordinary really and to see if any of the properties of the sand are in his blood steam."
Richard said and Flavian nodded.
"Solificati eh...Master Haagen then?"
He asked.
He nodded, "It's a magical sore, in many ways, I'm not surprised magical healing won't take."
He paused, then shook his head, "Ah, no, I meant Verditius. I keep having to correct myself regarding Adept Markov; it's their... alchemical nature that persistently confuses me."

((OOC: I know, I keep mixing them up. And by extension, so does Colin. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:05 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin shrugged, "Every living thing has emotions; the key thing to remember is that the Fallen have explicitly human emotions. Well, the vast majority of them, at least. I suppose a few of the truly ancient ones might differ, though then again, the Jade Demon seemed more to be in control of his emotions than lacking them... and I've encountered regular people easily as monstrous as any Nephandi I've had the... experience of dealing with."

"I guess you are right and even my ever so beloved Mentor said as much and that often the key to victory is manipulating said emotions to get someone to do as you wish or to gain an edge in combat."
Flavian said.
"But even so...with Nephandi it is hard to imagine them as anything but monsters."

He nodded, "It's a magical sore, in many ways, I'm not surprised magical healing won't take."

Richard nodded at that.

He paused, then shook his head, "Ah, no, I meant Verditius. I keep having to correct myself regarding Adept Markov; it's their... alchemical nature that persistently confuses me."

"Ah this person is a Rebis then perhaps?"
Flavian asked.
"Well no matter I guess that when you get an idea...you get an idea."
He said and Richard spoke up.
"Well then...regardless you can just leave Adeptus Flavian here once I am done he needs sleep but should not need close monitoring."
Flavian shook his head and sigh.
"I am not an Adeptus anymore...I am not much of anything anymore really."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:13 pm

[Steelhaven]

"Really Sir? That is cool. I guess now is not the time for those ideas or is it?"
Anna asked and she looked up at you and smiled.

"Not yet."

Crexia turned to Adley to ask him.
"Sodalis it might take some time to explain things to the magi from Worchester, perhaps you can check on your brother while I talk with these fine people to make better use of our time?"

"Certainly," he said with a slight bow and nod to the others. Then he asked Anna, "Did you wish to accompany me?"

// Had to go out into the world to gather goods for the first time in about three weeks. That was a pretty good run for staying inside as much as I could aside from walking doggo.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:30 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I guess you are right and even my ever so beloved Mentor said as much and that often the key to victory is manipulating said emotions to get someone to do as you wish or to gain an edge in combat."
Flavian said.
"But even so...with Nephandi it is hard to imagine them as anything but monsters."
Colin nodded, "It can be hard with some, but then, they may surprise you with a spark of humanity, all the same. There was one who got away from us in Chicago, he did subsequently contact us to save his daughter and the child's mother from Abigail's claws - the child is a precious little Mage, mind you - and that rescue mission happened to be the first time I saw Anna. She'd already seen me seven years earlier, mistaking me for Hephaestus, but that's a different complicated matter altogether... but the Fallen kid had been compelled into the Caul on the promise of being able to grant his tortured Mentor death instead of continued torment, and he's not a bad sort. Well, not entirely, since he wants the world to keep on spinning for his daughter to live in..."

Anja wrote:"Ah this person is a Rebis then perhaps?"
Flavian asked.
"Well no matter I guess that when you get an idea...you get an idea."
He said and Richard spoke up.
He nodded, "They are. And yes, I suppose I do. Some times, I even get ideas from my Avatar, though not all of them are good... comes with the territory of a chatty shard cluster, I suppose."

Anja wrote:"Well then...regardless you can just leave Adeptus Flavian here once I am done he needs sleep but should not need close monitoring."
Flavian shook his head and sigh.
"I am not an Adeptus anymore...I am not much of anything anymore really."
He nodded, "The good Lady Crexia will want a word with him, too. Under the circumstances, leaving him alone is out of the question, even if he's in a bit too much pain to escape on his own. And Flavian... you're still a member of a proud Hermetic House - perhaps a little too proud, but that's beside the point - and you are still a Linear Mage who should not be all that easily dismissed. Though... I suppose you might have felt a bit more vindicated if I acted like a Bastard about your change in station."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:18 am

[Empty Apartment]

Colin nodded, "It can be hard with some, but then, they may surprise you with a spark of humanity, all the same. There was one who got away from us in Chicago, he did subsequently contact us to save his daughter and the child's mother from Abigail's claws - the child is a precious little Mage, mind you - and that rescue mission happened to be the first time I saw Anna. She'd already seen me seven years earlier, mistaking me for Hephaestus, but that's a different complicated matter altogether... but the Fallen kid had been compelled into the Caul on the promise of being able to grant his tortured Mentor death instead of continued torment, and he's not a bad sort. Well, not entirely, since he wants the world to keep on spinning for his daughter to live in..."

"That is a really tragic tale, this kid will have to be hunted down eventually though and dealt with eventually but yes I guess there are some very tragic tales with the Nephandi, and I hope his child will do well. There are many more Nephandi though who have let themselves turn into just monsters."
Flavian replied.
"Also you speak like a Cultist and it is giving me a headache...or did I already have one?"

He nodded, "They are. And yes, I suppose I do. Some times, I even get ideas from my Avatar, though not all of them are good... comes with the territory of a chatty shard cluster, I suppose."

"My ideas are always good."
Mia protested. Flavian nodded.
"A shard cluster eh...well i guess that is an interesting...experience."

He nodded, "The good Lady Crexia will want a word with him, too. Under the circumstances, leaving him alone is out of the question, even if he's in a bit too much pain to escape on his own.

"Very well...so do you want me to put him in restraints?"
Richard asked.

And Flavian... you're still a member of a proud Hermetic House - perhaps a little too proud, but that's beside the point - and you are still a Linear Mage who should not be all that easily dismissed. Though... I suppose you might have felt a bit more vindicated if I acted like a Bastard about your change in station."

"I am not so sure that I am...member of a proud House that is. I went through my Gauntlet and was Initiated as a true mage, I am not longer a true mage, and yes I am a hedge wizard and that...might be enough to live for, but it is not much, and yes perhaps I would feel a bit vindicated if you did, I don't really know."
Flavian said with a sigh.

[Common Room]

"Not yet."

Anna nodded at that.

"Certainly," he said with a slight bow and nod to the others. Then he asked Anna, "Did you wish to accompany me?"

"Ok Sir."
Anna said and she smiled at the Cultist she had been talking with.
"Nice talking with you Ma'am."
She said and Vanja nodded.
"The same kid."
She replied before she nodded to Adley.
"I will see you later then Mr...ehm Roth Hicks was it?"
The Cultist said as Anna went over to you to join you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:30 am

[Common Room]

"Ok Sir."
Anna said and she smiled at the Cultist she had been talking with.
"Nice talking with you Ma'am."
She said and Vanja nodded.
"The same kid."
She replied before she nodded to Adley.
"I will see you later then Mr...ehm Roth Hicks was it?"

He gave Vanja a nod. "We will be back shortly," he said to her. He headed towards the stairs, as usual keeping an eye out for anything out of the norm.

// Okay I've totally forgotten if Adley already knew that Kyle was with Serge and Helena's brother, I've lost track. I think so, since he was upset from the Carnival, and he was with him at the Infirmary.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:23 am

[Steelhaven]

Everything seamed rather normal as you headed up the stairs. You remember that last you heard where Kyle was he was in his room with Helena's apprentice watching over him and Serge was going to head up there to check on him. Anna went with you up the stairs.

(OOC: It is easy to loose track, yes Kyle is in his room with Stephen and Serge and Adley knows this.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:35 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:The Flambeau did seam to play even more strategically, avoiding the edges of the arena and moving in to take quick, cheap shots, from what you could see his tactics seamed to be avoid getting hit and widdeling down your health just a little so he would win when the time ran out if he could not bring it all the way down.
Anja wrote:Your more erratic play style did make Stephen play more carefully, through he continued to only use special moves when needed and relied on basic motions to take small amount of damage when he could, staying out of range as much as possible. Voldo was super fast but hard to control and he did not have much defense, Sophetia had speed and defense but her moves did not do allot of damage and fit the Hermetic's play style well.

Serge leaned into the advantages brought about by his character. Voldo didn't seem like a guy who'd sit idle while his opponent chipped away at him. No, Serge launched himself full force at Stephen.

After all, Stephen could only avoid him for so long. As long as he pushed forward, constantly pushing the advantage and driving Stephen into a corner, the match would be decided by reaction speed and agility regardless of strategy. Things the cultists excelled in in both the game and in real life. His fingers were more attuned to a controller and his character was incredibly quick. He'd only use his special moves when he'd be sure they'd hit, otherwise he'd continue his quick unpredictable play style using the Hermetic's logical mind against him as he felt more and more like the character he was playing.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:00 am

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"That is a really tragic tale, this kid will have to be hunted down eventually though and dealt with eventually but yes I guess there are some very tragic tales with the Nephandi, and I hope his child will do well. There are many more Nephandi though who have let themselves turn into just monsters."
Flavian replied.
"Also you speak like a Cultist and it is giving me a headache...or did I already have one?"
Colin shrugged, "Perhaps he will, though he has gone rogue from the Nephandi since - I understand he's joined a commune of sorts of Fallen runaways and Orphans, gathering together for mutual protection. I don't know where it is, but they've reached out to us. We're not allowed to respond, though..."
He grinned, "And perhaps you're just remembering the headache you'll have tomorrow."

Anja wrote:"My ideas are always good."
Mia protested. Flavian nodded.
"A shard cluster eh...well i guess that is an interesting...experience."
Colin smiled thinly, thinking inward, 'Your ideas, yes, but there are fragments in there who have less beneficial ideas.'
He nodded to Flavian, "Very much so, just ask our Senior Quaesitor in Boston. Or for your safety, perhaps don't. I understand she's still a bit sore."

Anja wrote:"Very well...so do you want me to put him in restraints?"
Richard asked.
He nodded, "Might be for the best. And I suppose someone ought to get around to uninviting his magic, too... though we might want to confer with Crexia and Adley about that first."

Anja wrote:"I am not so sure that I am...member of a proud House that is. I went through my Gauntlet and was Initiated as a true mage, I am not longer a true mage, and yes I am a hedge wizard and that...might be enough to live for, but it is not much, and yes perhaps I would feel a bit vindicated if you did, I don't really know."
Flavian said with a sigh.
Colin nodded, "Well, the bureaucracy tends to run a bit slowly, so until that catches up with events, I do believe you're still a member. And I suppose the Mercere could prove willing to welcome you with open arms; there's not a more valorous House around, not even the Flambeau..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:21 am

[Empty Apartment]

Colin shrugged, "Perhaps he will, though he has gone rogue from the Nephandi since - I understand he's joined a commune of sorts of Fallen runaways and Orphans, gathering together for mutual protection. I don't know where it is, but they've reached out to us. We're not allowed to respond, though..."
He grinned, "And perhaps you're just remembering the headache you'll have tomorrow."

"So this commune, if it is mostly Fallen should we not find it and hunt it down?"
Flavian asked.
"Though if this man i no longer working for the Nephandi that is something but what do this commune want?"
He added then he frowned.
"Yeah well...I hope not that gets to timey wimey for me."

Colin smiled thinly, thinking inward, 'Your ideas, yes, but there are fragments in there who have less beneficial ideas.'

"That is true I can not deny it."
Your Avatar admitted but she did not like to admit it.
"And they are all me...in a fashion."

He nodded to Flavian, "Very much so, just ask our Senior Quaesitor in Boston. Or for your safety, perhaps don't. I understand she's still a bit sore."

"Ehm...I do not understand Mr Wainwright."
Flavian said and he looked confused. Mia though sounded amused.
"Well the Senior Quesitor should not put her magic where it is not welcome. I was simply instructive as to proper manners."

He nodded, "Might be for the best. And I suppose someone ought to get around to uninviting his magic, too... though we might want to confer with Crexia and Adley about that first."

"Is restraints really necessary?"
The Tytalus asked sounding dismayed.
"Hum...yes we should ask the Hermetics I am not sure how the Aegis will affect a linear mage if we un invite his magic."
Richard said then he turned tu Flavian.
"Don't worry I have some meant for medical use, they will not hurt you."
"Yeah well...it is still not something I particularly relish."

Colin nodded, "Well, the bureaucracy tends to run a bit slowly, so until that catches up with events, I do believe you're still a member. And I suppose the Mercere could prove willing to welcome you with open arms; there's not a more valorous House around, not even the Flambeau..

"Well i guess I can go though my Gauntlet again and be initiated as a Second Degree...forever a second class citizen and little more than a damned servant but still a member of the Order."
Flavian muttered bitterly.
"Second degrees never rise in rank no matter how powerful one get though, one is just a hedge wizard and nothing more."

[Kyle's Room]

Serge leaned into the advantages brought about by his character. Voldo didn't seem like a guy who'd sit idle while his opponent chipped away at him. No, Serge launched himself full force at Stephen.

After all, Stephen could only avoid him for so long. As long as he pushed forward, constantly pushing the advantage and driving Stephen into a corner, the match would be decided by reaction speed and agility regardless of strategy. Things the cultists excelled in in both the game and in real life. His fingers were more attuned to a controller and his character was incredibly quick. He'd only use his special moves when he'd be sure they'd hit, otherwise he'd continue his quick unpredictable play style using the Hermetic's logical mind against him as he felt more and more like the character he was playing.

Stephen was disciplined, many might be tempted to abandon strategy and react to your more aggressive play style but he kept up now just avoiding Voldo, blocking and dodging, he had more life than you and all he really had to do was keep his life up until the timer ran out, you where a more experienced player but Stephen's fingers was nimble and quick and his character fit his play stile perfectly, he did not even notice when Kyle put a cup of hot chocolate in front of him and then sat down in the sofa with his own cup.
"Who is winning?"
Kyle asked.
"We will see..."
The other young Fambeau said just as he swung away from one of your attacks and jumped away from another.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:45 am

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"So this commune, if it is mostly Fallen should we not find it and hunt it down?"
Flavian asked.
"Though if this man i no longer working for the Nephandi that is something but what do this commune want?"
He added then he frowned.
"Yeah well...I hope not that gets to timey wimey for me."
He shook his head, "I don't know the exact ratio, but I'd suspect this... house of the lost and abandoned is about equal parts Fallen and Orphans. I suppose they could be hunted down, but that would be... diplomatically unwise; they're just trying to hide and survive without getting dragged into the war to die for any of the sides. I'm personally inclined to leave them be unless they actually become a problem. Who knows, when we can lead Fallen to restore their Avatars, the residents there might flock to our banner willingly..."

Anja wrote:"Ehm...I do not understand Mr Wainwright."
Flavian said and he looked confused. Mia though sounded amused.
"Well the Senior Quesitor should not put her magic where it is not welcome. I was simply instructive as to proper manners."
He chuckled, "Best not ask the Senior Quaesitor where she tried to poke her, well... I'm sure rumours abound, all the same."

Anja wrote:"Is restraints really necessary?"
The Tytalus asked sounding dismayed.
"Hum...yes we should ask the Hermetics I am not sure how the Aegis will affect a linear mage if we un invite his magic."
Richard said then he turned tu Flavian.
"Don't worry I have some meant for medical use, they will not hurt you."
"Yeah well...it is still not something I particularly relish."
He nodded, "Well... it's either the medical restraints which are comfortably padded and will hold both your wrists, or the plain metal handcuffs to lock one wrist to the bed... but the latter chafe like an immoral set of orders."

Anja wrote:"Well i guess I can go though my Gauntlet again and be initiated as a Second Degree...forever a second class citizen and little more than a damned servant but still a member of the Order."
Flavian muttered bitterly.
"Second degrees never rise in rank no matter how powerful one get though, one is just a hedge wizard and nothing more."
He shrugged, "Well, I suppose you could ask Morningstar's Security Chief about his experiences in that regard, and keep in mind, Linear work makes the best, most effective Talismans at an earlier stage than Awakened magic can, it seems."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:44 pm

[Empty Apartment]

He shook his head, "I don't know the exact ratio, but I'd suspect this... house of the lost and abandoned is about equal parts Fallen and Orphans. I suppose they could be hunted down, but that would be... diplomatically unwise; they're just trying to hide and survive without getting dragged into the war to die for any of the sides. I'm personally inclined to leave them be unless they actually become a problem. Who knows, when we can lead Fallen to restore their Avatars, the residents there might flock to our banner willingly..."

"Yeah no, once you Fall that is it, there is no coming back from that, just leaving the war and joining some other group will do nothing and when these folks die, they become widderlsiante, that is why they have to be hunted down and ended before that happens, someone do not just stop being Fallen."
Flavian said and he shook his head.

He chuckled, "Best not ask the Senior Quaesitor where she tried to poke her, well... I'm sure rumours abound, all the same."

The Tytalus still looked rather confused. Mia gave a slight satisfied chuckle and sipped her tea.

He nodded, "Well... it's either the medical restraints which are comfortably padded and will hold both your wrists, or the plain metal handcuffs to lock one wrist to the bed... but the latter chafe like an immoral set of orders."

"Well the cuffs at least will give freedom of movement, so that is better."
Flavian said with a frown.

He shrugged, "Well, I suppose you could ask Morningstar's Security Chief about his experiences in that regard, and keep in mind, Linear work makes the best, most effective Talismans at an earlier stage than Awakened magic can, it seems."

"I don't need to ask the man, I know how the Order of Hermes work, if you do not Awaken you stay at the second degree no matter how skilled you get with hedge magic, you are below the rank of every single apprentice who manage to Awaken you are everyone's bitch. That Morgingstar have chosen to give a high position to a hedge wizard is one thing, a Chantry are free to do so, but his rank is still Second Degree, he is still in the Order's eyes just a hedge wizard."
The Tytalus muttered bitterly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:08 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Yeah no, once you Fall that is it, there is no coming back from that, just leaving the war and joining some other group will do nothing and when these folks die, they become widderlsiante, that is why they have to be hunted down and ended before that happens, someone do not just stop being Fallen."
Flavian said and he shook his head.
Colin smiled thinly, "As it happens, the sand which was used to break your contract was excreted by an Avatar in the process of reverting itself... There's not just evidence of it being possible, there's stone cold proof of it having happened... and it will happen again."

Anja wrote:"Well the cuffs at least will give freedom of movement, so that is better."
Flavian said with a frown.
He nodded, then turned to Helena, "Miss Mar, would you be so kind as to retrieve a plain set of cuffs from your Pater's office? I believe you're the one most likely to be safe from his wards in such an errand."

Anja wrote:"I don't need to ask the man, I know how the Order of Hermes work, if you do not Awaken you stay at the second degree no matter how skilled you get with hedge magic, you are below the rank of every single apprentice who manage to Awaken you are everyone's bitch. That Morgingstar have chosen to give a high position to a hedge wizard is one thing, a Chantry are free to do so, but his rank is still Second Degree, he is still in the Order's eyes just a hedge wizard."
The Tytalus muttered bitterly.
He shrugged, "Fair point. But then, well, we'll see how things turn out. It's amazing what changes will happen in just a few years..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:20 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin smiled thinly, "As it happens, the sand which was used to break your contract was excreted by an Avatar in the process of reverting itself... There's not just evidence of it being possible, there's stone cold proof of it having happened... and it will happen again."

"Well the thing is this, even if what you say is true, let us say some few exceptional individuals should manage to do such a thing, that do not mean it will start happening with every Nephandus that are regretting their choice and leave the Faction if it did then it would be common knowledge that such cleaning happened left and right."
Flavian scoffed.

He nodded, then turned to Helena, "Miss Mar, would you be so kind as to retrieve a plain set of cuffs from your Pater's office? I believe you're the one most likely to be safe from his wards in such an errand."

"No need Mr Wainwright I always keep a pair on me, after all you never know when you need to chain someone to a chair."
Helena said and she fished a pair of handcuffs and matchmaking keys out of her jacket pocket.

He shrugged, "Fair point. But then, well, we'll see how things turn out. It's amazing what changes will happen in just a few years..."

"Yeah I don't have much hope for any radical changes to the Order's structure any time soon."
Flavian replied with a frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:05 pm

[Steelhaven]

Everything seamed rather normal as you headed up the stairs. You remember that last you heard where Kyle was he was in his room with Helena's apprentice watching over him and Serge was going to head up there to check on him. Anna went with you up the stairs.

He headed towards Kyle's room, with Anna.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:39 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Well the thing is this, even if what you say is true, let us say some few exceptional individuals should manage to do such a thing, that do not mean it will start happening with every Nephandus that are regretting their choice and leave the Faction if it did then it would be common knowledge that such cleaning happened left and right."
Flavian scoffed.
Colin nodded, "No, it's not something every Fallen Mage can do... and the one we know of by name who has succeeded in the past was... buried in a kangaroo court. The reckoning for that is coming, though. Long overdue, but inevitable... There are powerful people willing to be quite the bastards to keep this a secret, to protect their own interests over the Traditions..."

Anja wrote:"No need Mr Wainwright I always keep a pair on me, after all you never know when you need to chain someone to a chair."
Helena said and she fished a pair of handcuffs and matchmaking keys out of her jacket pocket.
He chuckled, "Ah, an incurable romantic, like your Pater."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I don't have much hope for any radical changes to the Order's structure any time soon."
Flavian replied with a frown.
He smiled thinly, "Oh, you will be surprised..."

((OOC: So, D&D 5th Ed - why the hell are Intellect Devourers only Challenge 2 encounters, when the Intelligence damage they do can only be healed by a 5th-level spell? Something's seriously messed up with that. 3d6 Intelligence damage and no way to naturally heal it by RAW? That's preposterous... Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:34 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin nodded, "No, it's not something every Fallen Mage can do... and the one we know of by name who has succeeded in the past was... buried in a kangaroo court. The reckoning for that is coming, though. Long overdue, but inevitable... There are powerful people willing to be quite the bastards to keep this a secret, to protect their own interests over the Traditions..."

"Well that may be so, but one person managing this do not mean this rouge faction will be able to do so, it is no reason not to hunt them down, that is like saying it is safe to jump out of an airplane as someone have survived the fall."
The Tytalus replied.

He chuckled, "Ah, an incurable romantic, like your Pater."

"Certainly so Mr Wainwright."
Helena said with a bit of a grin.

He smiled thinly, "Oh, you will be surprised..."

Flavian raised an eyebrow at that.

[Kyle's Room]

He headed towards Kyle's room, with Anna.

You got to Kyle's room and knocked on the door. Kyle himself answered, the boy looked a bit better than before but he was clearly still rather weak and he was very pale and looked drawn, he did seam to cheer up when he saw his brother though. From inside of the apartment you heard video game noises.
"Hi Adley...oh and Anna, come in."
Kyle said and he moved to the side so you could enter his apartment.
"Is there something I can help you with?"

(OOC: Yeah they seam to be more dangerous than they are given credit for and two of them sent four level 5 characters running for their lives...well three of them dragging the forth, and even if they do not take out a character they will end up permanently damaging them without a very powerful healer's help.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:50 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:Stephen was disciplined, many might be tempted to abandon strategy and react to your more aggressive play style but he kept up now just avoiding Voldo, blocking and dodging, he had more life than you and all he really had to do was keep his life up until the timer ran out, you where a more experienced player but Stephen's fingers was nimble and quick and his character fit his play stile perfectly, he did not even notice when Kyle put a cup of hot chocolate in front of him and then sat down in the sofa with his own cup.
"Who is winning?"
Kyle asked.
"We will see..."
The other young Flambeau said just as he swung away from one of your attacks and jumped away from another.

"Who cares, as long as we're having fun." Serge said through gritted teeth. Nothing about his demeanor made his words seem truthful though, as even Serge was starting to get a little competitive himself. Serge himself was also disciplined, knowing that even with the timer going down he still had a chance to win. Voldo's quick and high damage attacks gave him a chance to kill or at the very least knock down Stephen's health low enough so that he would win when the timer ran out.

Thus Serge continued playing as best he could. Getting used to Stephen's movements and countering them as best he could. Blocking whatever chip damage Stephen attempted and focusing more and getting hits which he could hopefully combo into large amounts of damage. Enough to swing the time out victory in his facor.

Anja wrote:You got to Kyle's room and knocked on the door. Kyle himself answered, the boy looked a bit better than before but he was clearly still rather weak and he was very pale and looked drawn, he did seam to cheer up when he saw his brother though. From inside of the apartment you heard video game noises.

As he heard Kyle greet his cabal made Serge commented casually, "Sounds like your Uncle's here."

It was just a casual remark, wih no intended ulterior motive. Although Serge couldn't help but hope that respectful disciplined Stephen would feel compelled to greet or acknowledge his elder in some way. At the very least, Stephen might get momentarily distracted by his cabalmates sudden appearance, curious as to why he may have arrived, which may allow him time to quickly go for the win. Regardless, Serge played vigorously, hoping to eke out another victory.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:40 am

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Well that may be so, but one person managing this do not mean this rouge faction will be able to do so, it is no reason not to hunt them down, that is like saying it is safe to jump out of an airplane as someone have survived the fall."
The Tytalus replied.
Colin paused for a moment, then replied softly, "This is essentially a bunch of kids who are just trying to get out of the line of fire. They are neutral to the war, because they don't want to be dragged into it. If we go after them, we have little if anything to gain, we risk our own lives, and we'll most likely deserve a reputation for cheerfully accepting Orphans as acceptably expendable casualties. Right now, we have the option to not do that instead - to leave this house of the lost and abandoned be in peace and try to guide them to us by example instead of by force, and in turn start mending bridges that your grandmentor cheerfully burned. Bringing the Crafts and the Orphans home, as it were, will only strengthen us, and help us mount a stronger, united force against the Union and the Fallen alike... but we can't do that through callousness and cruelty."

Anja wrote:Flavian raised an eyebrow at that.
He smiled thinly, "A bit of a long story... and not one to be told under these circumstances."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:01 am

[Kyle's rooms]

"Hey. I know I promised to come back sooner, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. We had another unexpected visitor, thankfully they didn't stick around though." He gave him a once over noting how pale he looked. "Did you get some water, and a snack?" He walked in with Anna and then shut the door behind them, noting the others playing video games. "Everyone okay?"

// some things have challenge ratings that don't make sense. Banshees can really mess your party up, even TPK with a bad set of saves. Shambling mounds are kind of a nightmare too even with the appropriate level party! Most times parties don't want to run away from a junk pile.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next