Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 12, 2020 8:50 am

[Kyle's Room]

"It would be a sight to behold. And be a good sequel to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." He said with a chuckle.

"Yeah it really would be, and that movie is so much fun."
Kyle exclaimed.
"Though we better not show that one to Shawn..."
He mushed.

"I'm down with playing something else if you two are." Serge said, stretching his arms after having sat still for a good while. "Stephen should probably choose the next game though, if he wants too that is."

"Hum...what about something with a little less action? We could start a JRPG and work on it slowly from time to time when I visit."
Stephen suggjested and Kyle nodded.
"Sounds good to me what do you say Mr Yager?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 12, 2020 9:05 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Hum...what about something with a little less action? We could start a JRPG and work on it slowly from time to time when I visit."
Stephen suggested and Kyle nodded.
"Sounds good to me what do you say Mr Yager?"

"I'm game. What JRPG's do you have? PS3's got a lot of them." Serge agreed, leaning back into the couch.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 12, 2020 10:20 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Hum...what about Eternal Sonata, I just got it, the game is a typical JRPG but it is music themed I was thinking it might be cool."
Kyle said and Stephen nodded.
"That could be cool...what do you think Mr Yager?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 12, 2020 10:44 am

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:This made Kyle chuckle.
"It would be a cool thing to see though."
He commented.
Jeremy wrote:"It would be a sight to behold. And be a good sequel to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." He said with a chuckle.
Anja wrote:"Yeah it really would be, and that movie is so much fun."
Kyle exclaimed.
"Though we better not show that one to Shawn..."
He mushed.
Colin grimaced, "While I won't claim you're wrong about it being spectacular, there are things I am willing to endure Paradox for, and things I am quite unwilling to endure Paradox for. Also, Abraham Lincoln what? No, you're not showing Shawn any movies about vampire hunting. At all. Not even Leslie Nielsen's Dracula movie."

[Ritual Room 3]
Anja wrote:"Exactly so Mr Wainwright the Nephandi language are made to destroy ideas rather than crate them, it is a foul thing."
Crexia said then she nodded.
"I am glad to hear that you are able to keep your shards under control Mr Wainwright or that Mia is, then hopefully you yourself will not be corrupted."
S7trif3 wrote:"And by paper or chalkboard we mean the whole Tellurian, unfortunately." He made a face then added, "At least there is that then I am glad things are ordered."
Anja wrote:"Unfortunately this is so so, there was a poet once who fell to the Nephandi who surrendered to the Traditions when she learned what their language did to the words and language she so loved."
The archmage replied.
He frowned, "Poor dear, that must've been the worst wake-up call ever... And yes, Mia's aware of corruption and the dangers of it - I have full confidence in her ability to hold them in check. Though she, too, is eager to find methods to set them aright."

S7trif3 wrote:"Those hard corners are reserved for those that would try to harm them. In which case they will not find themselves in a comfortable position."
He grinned, "I volunteer to play the part of the rock, if I am available."

Anja wrote:"Excellent Mr Waintwright and I can inform the workings done in her presence. Yes the girl seam to suck up information and knolwedge like a sponge."
Crexia said with a smile.
S7trif3 wrote:"She may, and as she will be in my presence to do them, I doubt that I could stop her observing. Of course, I cannot instruct her directly so I do not know what she will get out of it, but she does tend towards a system like my brother and one other we've met, there seemed something near a hermetic underpinning to it, if it were not inverted."
Anja wrote:"Well I can get away with instructing the girl directly a bit of allowance comes with age...though off course direct instruction comes with a cost, but the girl may ayway observe the workings off course."
Crexia said with a hint of a smile.
He smiled, "She does indeed have some Hermetic instruction. You've both seen her personal library, after all... I can't be certain, but I suspect Gabriel was a Hermetic who Fell long ago... precisely who he was then, however, I can't even guess..."

S7trif3 wrote:"You were playing video games?!" he said. Then he shook his head. "Well, nevermind, perhaps like you said something will prove fruitful. I hope that the ghosts you were talking about have been dealt with...what a difference a word made to my understanding. Ghost army, army /of/ ghosts...not the same. Both problems of different magnitudes..." He sighed.
Anja wrote:Crexia raised an eyebrow to this.
"Video games you say...well like I said if this shard is speaking to you there is probably a reason for it."
He shrugged apologetically, "The boys were quite insistent about challenging me after I'd reassured Kyle I'd just spoken with him a decade in the future, as he had an ethical question for me. Knowing I've seen him come out intact after his trial seems to have calmed him greatly; he might even sleep well tonight. Also... Miss Jacobs won't survive. I spoke with her reincarnation at that future point, a sweet, little blind Verbena apprentice... she let me know the Labyrinth has a secret back door, a green marble altar that opens a doorway or portal if someone is killed on it. I think perhaps that was what our other infiltrator's Avatar tried to tell me, without letting him know. Someone fluent in Enochian should question his Avatar directly..."

S7trif3 wrote:"They're going to love you in that part of the Umbra, amicus," he said with a wry smile. "What, no joke about holding a spelling bee?" he smiled.
Anja wrote:The lich lady chuckle.
"Ah if there was such a thing as a bad pun jail...then again perhaps the Letter Bees will know of one."
She commented.
He grinned wryly, "Kyle told me I should be put in pun jail once already today, ten years in the future. I don't necessarily see what all the buzz is about. Hum, though on that note, one might wonder what sort of honeyed words those bees might put out..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 12, 2020 10:59 am

[Kyle's Room]

Colin wrote:Colin grimaced, "While I won't claim you're wrong about it being spectacular, there are things I am willing to endure Paradox for, and things I am quite unwilling to endure Paradox for. Also, Abraham Lincoln what? No, you're not showing Shawn any movies about vampire hunting. At all. Not even Leslie Nielsen's Dracula movie."

"Awww, you haven't seen that masterpiece? At least tell me you've seen Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters." Serge said sarcastically. "Relax, I don't plan on showing those movies to Shawn. I don't plan on showing any of those movies to anyone. It takes a certain mindset to enjoy them."

Anja wrote:"Hum...what about Eternal Sonata, I just got it, the game is a typical JRPG but it is music themed I was thinking it might be cool."
Kyle said and Stephen nodded.
"That could be cool...what do you think Mr Yager?"

"That sounds fun. A music themed JRPG. That's an interesting premise. Haven't head of that game either, which is rare thing for me." Serge said with a grin. "Go ahead. Pop it in."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 12, 2020 11:15 am

[Kyle's Room]

Colin grimaced, "While I won't claim you're wrong about it being spectacular, there are things I am willing to endure Paradox for, and things I am quite unwilling to endure Paradox for. Also, Abraham Lincoln what? No, you're not showing Shawn any movies about vampire hunting. At all. Not even Leslie Nielsen's Dracula movie."

"Yeah no some things it is not worth enduring Paradox for, but the mental image of the whole thing is funny."
Kyle said then he nodded.
"No I will not show Shawn any such movies, they are sure to scare him."
The boy promised.

"Awww, you haven't seen that masterpiece? At least tell me you've seen Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters." Serge said sarcastically.

"That one is pretty fun as well."
Kyle commented.

That sounds fun. A music themed JRPG. That's an interesting premise. Haven't head of that game either, which is rare thing for me." Serge said with a grin. "Go ahead. Pop it in."

Kyle went to his game shelf and took out a game. Soul Calibur 5 went back into it's box and soon soft piano notes by Chopin came from the TV as the intro for Eternal Sonata played introducing you to a young girl who was the first member of your party, a child who was kind and sweet but everyone avoided her because she got magical powers and in the game world those who was close to death got magic since they where closer to the other world, so everyone thought the young girl was sick and would soon die or that some calamity would soon befall her and anyone else who got to close to her.

[Ritual Room 3]

He frowned, "Poor dear, that must've been the worst wake-up call ever... And yes, Mia's aware of corruption and the dangers of it - I have full confidence in her ability to hold them in check. Though she, too, is eager to find methods to set them aright."

"Yes it certainly was, she suddenly realized what she had done."
Crexia said then she nodded at your comments about Mia keeping order.

He smiled, "She does indeed have some Hermetic instruction. You've both seen her personal library, after all... I can't be certain, but I suspect Gabriel was a Hermetic who Fell long ago... precisely who he was then, however, I can't even guess..."

"Well what Anna herself have said is that her old Mentor was a Fallen Tytalus and you can see that in her library and the way she work her magick, it is not exactly the same as the Hermetic system, but it is close to it."
Crexia agreed.
"Close enough for her to be able to understand Hermetic workings I believe if the magick being used is within her ken."

He shrugged apologetically, "The boys were quite insistent about challenging me after I'd reassured Kyle I'd just spoken with him a decade in the future, as he had an ethical question for me. Knowing I've seen him come out intact after his trial seems to have calmed him greatly; he might even sleep well tonight. Also... Miss Jacobs won't survive. I spoke with her reincarnation at that future point, a sweet, little blind Verbena apprentice... she let me know the Labyrinth has a secret back door, a green marble altar that opens a doorway or portal if someone is killed on it. I think perhaps that was what our other infiltrator's Avatar tried to tell me, without letting him know. Someone fluent in Enochian should question his Avatar directly..."

"Well a bit of fun and games now and again are allowed at times."
The ancient maga said then she nodded.
"Well it is good to hear that young Kyle will make it, at least in your vision Mr Wainwright...as for this altar though have Master Morgan been informed about it?"
She asked.
"Which prisoner was this again? I can try to contact his Avatar but it might not work getting them to interact with someone who is not their host is not easy."

He grinned wryly, "Kyle told me I should be put in pun jail once already today, ten years in the future. I don't necessarily see what all the buzz is about. Hum, though on that note, one might wonder what sort of honeyed words those bees might put out..."

"Well are not you a hoot."
Crexia said with a mock stern look on her face.
"Pun jail for you indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 12, 2020 12:11 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:"Yeah no some things it is not worth enduring Paradox for, but the mental image of the whole thing is funny."
Kyle said then he nodded.
"No I will not show Shawn any such movies, they are sure to scare him."
The boy promised.
Colin nodded, "Quite... Ah, speaking of mental images, I was supposed to show you something, Serge... This is Anna's cardiologist."
He showed the boys the selfie Dino had sent, "Now, he let me know that one of his packmates has nearly managed to get himself killed chasing cars on several occasions... that does make for a rather amusing mental image, doesn't it? And please, just cherish the mental imagery, don't commit it to a more permanent medium."

Anja wrote:"That one is pretty fun as well."
Kyle commented.
He smiled wryly, "I shall admit that they've both slipped under my radar... and quite likely shall remain there."

[Ritual Room 3]
Anja wrote:"Well what Anna herself have said is that her old Mentor was a Fallen Tytalus and you can see that in her library and the way she work her magick, it is not exactly the same as the Hermetic system, but it is close to it."
Crexia agreed.
"Close enough for her to be able to understand Hermetic workings I believe if the magick being used is within her ken."
He nodded, "Very much so. I assume Anna's been told the truth about Gabriel's origins, but as I said, I cannot be certain. Even if Gabriel was sincere and protective of her, in his own way."

Anja wrote:"Well a bit of fun and games now and again are allowed at times."
"Well it is good to hear that young Kyle will make it, at least in your vision Mr Wainwright...as for this altar though have Master Morgan been informed about it?"
She asked.
"Which prisoner was this again? I can try to contact his Avatar but it might not work getting them to interact with someone who is not their host is not easy."
He smiled wryly, "Yes, well, the boys were, as I said, quite insistent, and I decided to take those three extra minutes to show them that youth and enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery. Poor Stephen thought I'd be an easy win, when I've actually become quite good at that one game over the past two months, thanks to Freddy... I'm sure she'll love to hear that when she is a bit more clear-headed. And it was Tauge, the chap who tried to assassinate Anna. I think his soul was never quite on board with Jace's plans in the first place..."

Anja wrote:"Well are not you a hoot."
Crexia said with a mock stern look on her face.
"Pun jail for you indeed."
He smiled innocently, "Jareth certainly seems to think I am. And I've been attempted detained for worse. Hasn't tended to stick, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 12, 2020 1:18 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Colin nodded, "Quite... Ah, speaking of mental images, I was supposed to show you something, Serge... This is Anna's cardiologist."
He showed the boys the selfie Dino had sent, "Now, he let me know that one of his packmates has nearly managed to get himself killed chasing cars on several occasions... that does make for a rather amusing mental image, doesn't it? And please, just cherish the mental imagery, don't commit it to a more permanent medium."

The phone showed a massive, 7 foot plus mountain of muscle, claws and fur and looked into the cellphone camera with a huge, toothy grin.
"He look like he could tear me limp from limb as easily as I can break a straw of spaghetti Mr Wainwright!"
Kyle commented.
"I have seen Gabrielle, my Mentor's Custos in her battle form Mr Wainwright but even so that is quite terrifying!"
Stephen declared.

He smiled wryly, "I shall admit that they've both slipped under my radar... and quite likely shall remain there."

"Not quite your style of movie Sir?"
Kyle asked with a wry smile.

[Ritual Room 3]

He nodded, "Very much so. I assume Anna's been told the truth about Gabriel's origins, but as I said, I cannot be certain. Even if Gabriel was sincere and protective of her, in his own way."

"It is likely the girl was told the truth about her former Mentor and she her magickal methods do indicate someone who have developed the Hermetic system further."
Crexia agree.
"Yes the man protecting his apprentice was his one saving grace."

He smiled wryly, "Yes, well, the boys were, as I said, quite insistent, and I decided to take those three extra minutes to show them that youth and enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery. Poor Stephen thought I'd be an easy win, when I've actually become quite good at that one game over the past two months, thanks to Freddy... I'm sure she'll love to hear that when she is a bit more clear-headed. And it was Tauge, the chap who tried to assassinate Anna. I think his soul was never quite on board with Jace's plans in the first place..."

Crexia just raised an eyebrow then she said.
"I see...well at least I can go and check on Tauge, see what I can find out, but I can not make any promises, like I said speaking with the Avatar of another Mage is not easy."

He smiled innocently, "Jareth certainly seems to think I am. And I've been attempted detained for worse. Hasn't tended to stick, though."

"Oh I believe we are going to make the accusations of bad punnery stick though my good man as you keep re offending."
Crexia said sounding a bit amused.
"But yes Jareth seam to think you are a hoot indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 12, 2020 1:42 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:The phone showed a massive, 7 foot plus mountain of muscle, claws and fur and looked into the cellphone camera with a huge, toothy grin.
"He look like he could tear me limp from limb as easily as I can break a straw of spaghetti Mr Wainwright!"
Kyle commented.
"I have seen Gabrielle, my Mentor's Custos in her battle form Mr Wainwright but even so that is quite terrifying!"
Stephen declared.
Colin grinned, "So he does - and that's my daughter's cardiologist. Makes you think about appearances, doesn't it?"

Anja wrote:"Not quite your style of movie Sir?"
Kyle asked with a wry smile.
He smiled wryly, "Not really, no, though I shall admit to a certain guilty pleasure in the Marvel movies."

[Ritual Room 3]
Anja wrote:Crexia just raised an eyebrow then she said.
"I see...well at least I can go and check on Tauge, see what I can find out, but I can not make any promises, like I said speaking with the Avatar of another Mage is not easy."
He nodded, "I think, perhaps, that his Avatar, like little Josie's in the not-too-distant future, has decided to take a stand against the bloody doctor, despite all else..."

Anja wrote:"Oh I believe we are going to make the accusations of bad punnery stick though my good man as you keep re offending."
Crexia said sounding a bit amused.
"But yes Jareth seam to think you are a hoot indeed."
He grinned and saluted Crexia, "The best defense, ma'am, is a good offense. Unless you're in a criminal court, of course."
He bowed politely, "If you'll pardon me, then, I'll be in the Node chamber for a few minutes."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 12, 2020 3:42 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Colin grinned, "So he does - and that's my daughter's cardiologist. Makes you think about appearances, doesn't it?"

"A werewolf doctor."
Stephen muttered.
"That certainly is something unexpected...is he a good doctor Mr Wainwright."
He asked and Kyle nodded.
"Yeah I hear he is really good."

He smiled wryly, "Not really, no, though I shall admit to a certain guilty pleasure in the Marvel movies."

"The Marvel Movies are great, I love super hero movies."
Kyle said with a grin.
"I wonder how the whole story is going to end."

[Ritual Room 3]

He nodded, "I think, perhaps, that his Avatar, like little Josie's in the not-too-distant future, has decided to take a stand against the bloody doctor, despite all else..."

"I doubt that this Mr Tauge's Avatar will get a not to distant future Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said darkly.
"Hum...Josie I assume that is Mina's reincarnation then, at least she escape the Ritual, and I will see what I can get out of the prisoner."

He grinned and saluted Crexia, "The best defense, ma'am, is a good offense. Unless you're in a criminal court, of course."

"Sometimes even then as well my good man."
Crexia said with a fox like smile.

He bowed politely, "If you'll pardon me, then, I'll be in the Node chamber for a few minutes."

"Very well then and me and your Cabalmate will take care of needed protections for your apprentice."
The archmaga agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 12, 2020 3:50 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:"A werewolf doctor."
Stephen muttered.
"That certainly is something unexpected...is he a good doctor Mr Wainwright."
He asked and Kyle nodded.
"Yeah I hear he is really good."
Colin nodded, "He's quite excellent, in fact."

Anja wrote:"The Marvel Movies are great, I love super hero movies."
Kyle said with a grin.
"I wonder how the whole story is going to end."
He grinned broadly, "Well, now, I could try to look at future releases in the series... but that would be cheating. Wouldn't want the big moments spoiled, after all..."

[Ritual Room 3]
Anja wrote:"I doubt that this Mr Tauge's Avatar will get a not to distant future Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said darkly.
"Hum...Josie I assume that is Mina's reincarnation then, at least she escape the Ritual, and I will see what I can get out of the prisoner."
He nodded, "She'll be blind... the traumatic echoes of what we did to her... but she'll be alive, and with a good Mentor to try to guide her."

Anja wrote:"Sometimes even then as well my good man."
Crexia said with a fox like smile.
He chuckled darkly, "Well, a criminal offense is probably not a good criminal defense, but turnabout is certainly fair play."

Anja wrote:"Very well then and me and your Cabalmate will take care of needed protections for your apprentice."
The archmaga agreed.
He nodded and headed to the Node Chamber, where he sat down and meditated, slowing his breathing and looking into himself to consult with Joseph Imir.

((OOC: I just realized something, I suspect Crexia will generally be giving Hollowers some really dirty looks over what they call the "Goth lifestyle" - I'm sure she has some long-festering issues with Goths. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 12, 2020 4:01 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Nicole quickly checked the room for hostiles, then announced the room was clear. Quickly checked the room for any altar, as well as anything else of value or interest...

[Not really applicable to my hypothetical situation; as even if the shopkeeper didn't accept your note you could always deposit in the bank and 'release value'. Also, normally the change-over is calibrated to be the level the vast majority of said notes circulate through a bank. Lastly, you're usually (at least in UK) warned for six month plus that they're about to be withdrawn which gets the final laggards to dig out the old-style notes and spend/change. So basically, if you try to spend expired notes it's usually your fault alone...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 12, 2020 4:16 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Colin nodded, "He's quite excellent, in fact."

Kyle nodded at that.

He grinned broadly, "Well, now, I could try to look at future releases in the series... but that would be cheating. Wouldn't want the big moments spoiled, after all..."

"No...no spoilers that would not be fun, but I do like speculating on how the series will end."
The young War mage replied.
"But I want to see the rest of the movies myself."

[Ritual Room 3]

He nodded, "She'll be blind... the traumatic echoes of what we did to her... but she'll be alive, and with a good Mentor to try to guide her."

"Poor girl, but yes then perhaps she have a chance at a better life."
Crexia replied with a nod.

He chuckled darkly, "Well, a criminal offense is probably not a good criminal defense, but turnabout is certainly fair play."

The lich said nothing but she gave a mysterious smile at that.

[Node Chamber]

He nodded and headed to the Node Chamber, where he sat down and meditated, slowing his breathing and looking into himself to consult with Joseph Imir.

On the way to the Node chamber you got a text from Richard which said.
"Mine did not make it. I did not try magickal healing but she was badly traumatized and she died of exhaustion she just fell deeper into sleep until she stopped breathing, there was little I could do to help her. I just thought you wanted to know."

In the Node chamber you saw the young Orphan girl that Tane had picked up, she sat trying to meditate and did not seam to notice you. You sat down and relaxed and eventually you heard Joseph Imir's voice in your head.
"Hello Mr Wainwright or should I say our host..."

[Abandoned Hospital]

Nicole quickly checked the room for hostiles, then announced the room was clear. Quickly checked the room for any altar, as well as anything else of value or interest...

There was nothing of interest in the room, no altar or anything of much really other than some clothes and other personal effects of the ones who had slept in this room last night, other than that there was nothing there.

(OOC: She is not to fond of the name Goth but as the Hollwoers did not sack Rome she is pretty okey with the Tradition.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 12, 2020 4:26 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

After looking to the others to see if they'd found anything - and assuming they hadn't - she'll head out of the room and use the half of grease-pencil to put a red X on the door-jam.

Then headed off towards the next door...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 12, 2020 5:19 pm

[Ritual Room 3]
Anja wrote:"Poor girl, but yes then perhaps she have a chance at a better life."
Crexia replied with a nod.
Colin nodded, "Much better, yes."

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:On the way to the Node chamber you got a text from Richard which said.
"Mine did not make it. I did not try magickal healing but she was badly traumatized and she died of exhaustion she just fell deeper into sleep until she stopped breathing, there was little I could do to help her. I just thought you wanted to know."
He frowned, then replied, 'Thank you. She'll be reborn to a better life in about two years' time. I just spoke with her in a little over nine years.'

Anja wrote:In the Node chamber you saw the young Orphan girl that Tane had picked up, she sat trying to meditate and did not seam to notice you. You sat down and relaxed and eventually you heard Joseph Imir's voice in your head.
"Hello Mr Wainwright or should I say our host..."
He sat down, only briefly nodding to the girl, and smiled at Imir's response, 'Hello again, Mr. Imir... and please, you may call me Colin. I understand from your Housemate that you made some regrettable life decisions, but I doubt those were the reason why you spoke up... or were they? Do you perhaps have some valuable insights for the coming battle that you would like to share?'

((OOC: True enough - though for the last several years, finding a cash desk in the banks has been proving more and more difficult. It's been getting a bit absurd, to do cash banking, you need to go to the post office desk. To find a post office desk, you've had to go to the supermarket. I'm almost expecting that at some not-too-distant point in the future, we have to go to the cinema to get groceries. Razz But your example would probably be more accurately compared to Germany in the 1920s...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 12, 2020 6:34 pm

[Ritual Room 3]

Colin nodded, "Much better, yes."

Crexia just nodded at that.
"Good for her then."

[Node Chamber]

He frowned, then replied, 'Thank you. She'll be reborn to a better life in about two years' time. I just spoke with her in a little over nine years.'

You got a reply back which said.
"Well off course you did...the casual way which you talk about you time traveling are disturbing my friend."

He sat down, only briefly nodding to the girl, and smiled at Imir's response, 'Hello again, Mr. Imir... and please, you may call me Colin. I understand from your Housemate that you made some regrettable life decisions, but I doubt those were the reason why you spoke up... or were they? Do you perhaps have some valuable insights for the coming battle that you would like to share?'

The girl did not seam to notice you as she was busy with her own meditation. Joseph spoke again.
"Colin then...yes I broke Hermetic Law I worked with what you would call a demon but I do not regret it for a moment but I do regret getting caught, no my relationship with my master is not why I spoke up...I...I am not sure why I did actually, I suspect that is for you to figure out, I just knew it was time to speak, remember my host I am not complete, I am only what little is left..."

[Abandoned Hospital]

After looking to the others to see if they'd found anything - and assuming they hadn't - she'll head out of the room and use the half of grease-pencil to put a red X on the door-jam.

Then headed off towards the next door...

You did not find anything of interest in the bed room, nor the other five rooms in the hallway which was similar, simple sleeping quarters, some of them where in use, others had not mattresses in the bed and the smell of dust and mold that so quickly came when a room was left alone for some time. You and Coawa's team managed to quickly cross of the six rooms in the corridor. then Coawa started to lead his team towards the door at the end of the corridor, moving slowly and carefully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 12, 2020 7:22 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Unless there was an alternative direction for Nicole's team to search, she'll follow Coawa; all the while keeping alert to ambushes, traps and suchlike...

[That's more the issue that many of our countries have been sleepwalking into cashless; therefore meaning the network of 'cash distribution' has been shrinking (though ironically, shoppie *could* take the old note and simply convert it at their bank when they cash up; when I worked at a bookshop we used to do this with Scottish/NI notes.) And my example is a generic one which can be applied to any time/place where hyperinflation and/or devaluation and/or widespread forgery has occurred.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 12, 2020 8:34 pm

[Ritual Room 3]

"Hum...that is a good idea Sodalis the Scribes would be wonderful recipients of tiles given as gifts to the Letter Bees."
The lich agreed with a smile.

He nodded. "With permission I think I know who might be a good candidate."

Unfortunately this is so so, there was a poet once who fell to the Nephandi who surrendered to the Traditions when she learned what their language did to the words and language she so loved." The archmage replied.

He winced.

He grinned, "I volunteer to play the part of the rock, if I am available."

"I knew I could count on you."

"Well what Anna herself have said is that her old Mentor was a Fallen Tytalus and you can see that in her library and the way she work her magick, it is not exactly the same as the Hermetic system, but it is close to it."
Crexia agreed.

"True enough."

He blinked. "Amicus, while it's good you found another way in, the cost of it is obviously too high. I'm not sure that sort of portal has a lock for us to pick...?"

He frowned. "You had to...ah." Again a wince passed over his face. "Very regrettable...I would not wish that on anyone. Yet I don't understand...why would anyone in a future reincarnation wish to assist you after doing such a thing to them in a past life?" he questioned.

"Well a bit of fun and games now and again are allowed at times."
She asked.
Crexia just raised an eyebrow then she said.

"Hm, yes I recall you asking me to translate something and it didn't quite make sense...now what was it..." He closed his eyes a moment. "Something about a second entrance, yes and also five obsidian hands...breaking through five obsidian hands..."

"You saw my brother...in the future?" he said, sounding nervous, slightly hopeful but worried at the same time. "No, don't tell me any details...but..."

"Until later." He nodded and waved. After closing the door, he turned to Crexia. "Very well, then shall we get started ma'am?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 12, 2020 8:49 pm

[Ritual Room 3]

He nodded. "With permission I think I know who might be a good candidate."

"Certainly Sodalis I trust your judgement on this."
Crexia replied.

He blinked. "Amicus, while it's good you found another way in, the cost of it is obviously too high. I'm not sure that sort of portal has a lock for us to pick...?"

"No indeed it is not a cost I would be eager to pay unless we have no other choice."
The archmaga replied with a frown.

He frowned. "You had to...ah." Again a wince passed over his face. "Very regrettable...I would not wish that on anyone. Yet I don't understand...why would anyone in a future reincarnation wish to assist you after doing such a thing to them in a past life?" he questioned.

"Perhaps the woman's Avatar do not want Wallace Jace to win Sodalis."
Crexia commented.

"Hm, yes I recall you asking me to translate something and it didn't quite make sense...now what was it..." He closed his eyes a moment. "Something about a second entrance, yes and also five obsidian hands...breaking through five obsidian hands..."

"A second entrance I guess we know what that was about but I am still wondering what the obsidian hands is...somehow it sounds rather ominous."
The lich lady said with another frown.

"Until later." He nodded and waved. After closing the door, he turned to Crexia. "Very well, then shall we get started ma'am?"

"Indeed so, let us do so, would you mind assisting me when I call the Letter Bees? Standard ritual to call lesser Umbroods."
Crexia requested.
"And let us see if they are willing to help us."

[Abandoned Hospital]

Unless there was an alternative direction for Nicole's team to search, she'll follow Coawa; all the while keeping alert to ambushes, traps and suchlike...

Behind the door was two new corridors, one to the left and one to the right. Coawa had taken the one to the left and you could see him and his team checking doors, there was a door on either side of the short corridor to the right and one more door at the end. So far it was quiet and there had been no more resistance.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 12, 2020 8:52 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Quite... Ah, speaking of mental images, I was supposed to show you something, Serge... This is Anna's cardiologist."
Anja wrote:The phone showed a massive, 7 foot plus mountain of muscle, claws and fur and looked into the cellphone camera with a huge, toothy grin.
Kyle commented.
Stephen declared.

"He looks sick! So is that his war form? It looks exactly how I thought it would look." Serge said wide-eyed upon seeing the image of the werewolf, as it was his first time seeing a werewolf's war form in full glory. "Goddammit why do you seem to know everyone from every group?" he added sarcastically.

Anja wrote:Kyle went to his game shelf and took out a game. Soul Calibur 5 went back into it's box and soon soft piano notes by Chopin came from the TV as the intro for Eternal Sonata played introducing you to a young girl who was the first member of your party, a child who was kind and sweet but everyone avoided her because she got magical powers and in the game world those who was close to death got magic since they where closer to the other world, so everyone thought the young girl was sick and would soon die or that some calamity would soon befall her and anyone else who got to close to her.

Serge watched the opening cut scene, taking in the setting and the characters. The beginning of JRPG's were always special to him. As it was the time when everything needed to be introduced. The protagonist, the game mechanics, the setting, and other characters. It provided a nostalgic feeling, that took him back to when he first opened a game console and Professor Oak asked him his gender.

He enjoyed it greatly, always feeling a connection to the characters of the game as he jumped into a turbulent part of their lives as the protagonist and joined in their journey.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 12, 2020 9:18 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:"He looks sick! So is that his war form? It looks exactly how I thought it would look." Serge said wide-eyed upon seeing the image of the werewolf, as it was his first time seeing a werewolf's war form in full glory. "Goddammit why do you seem to know everyone from every group?" he added sarcastically.
Colin paused, only for a moment, "He looks quite healthy, really, and yes, that's his war form. And I don't know everyone from every group, at least not yet. I do cultivate a few very useful acquaintances, though, a practice which does provide a few modest advantages. If a certain Deacon from another Chantry is asked for a character reference, for example, I've got good reason to expect it will be a favourable statement, and likewise if the Garou - werewolves - in Dr. Acevedo's pack are asked about me, they should be rightly able to respond that I am an honourable man."

[Ritual Room 3]
S7trif3 wrote:"I knew I could count on you."
He smiled, "As long as I'm around, Amicus. As long as I'm around... for however long I have."

S7trif3 wrote:He blinked. "Amicus, while it's good you found another way in, the cost of it is obviously too high. I'm not sure that sort of portal has a lock for us to pick...?"
Anja wrote:"No indeed it is not a cost I would be eager to pay unless we have no other choice."
The archmaga replied with a frown.
He nodded, "I agree, and so does your Pater - however, for his team, I think it was more urgent that they know in case the altar is there; it's supposedly in an old house full of screams. They will most certainly want to avoid accidentally opening that doorway through an ill-placed firefight. They were doing well when I called him about it, by the way. No indication they had suffered casualties yet."

S7trif3 wrote:He frowned. "You had to...ah." Again a wince passed over his face. "Very regrettable...I would not wish that on anyone. Yet I don't understand...why would anyone in a future reincarnation wish to assist you after doing such a thing to them in a past life?" he questioned.
Anja wrote:"Perhaps the woman's Avatar do not want Wallace Jace to win Sodalis."
Crexia commented.
He shrugged, "That's one explanation. Another is that we freed her... we broke the contract on her soul; that could well give her a sense of debt..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Hm, yes I recall you asking me to translate something and it didn't quite make sense...now what was it..." He closed his eyes a moment. "Something about a second entrance, yes and also five obsidian hands...breaking through five obsidian hands..."
Anja wrote:"A second entrance I guess we know what that was about but I am still wondering what the obsidian hands is...somehow it sounds rather ominous."
The lich lady said with another frown.
He shrugged, "If it even is five obsidian hands... I suspect a closer questioning might reveal a more accurate answer than what I likely mangled to some extent."

S7trif3 wrote:"You saw my brother...in the future?" he said, sounding nervous, slightly hopeful but worried at the same time. "No, don't tell me any details...but..."
He smiled, "He'll be fine, I'm sure of it. The last I saw, he was explaining to little Josie that the pain of Branding will pass."

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back which said.
"Well off course you did...the casual way which you talk about you time traveling are disturbing my friend."
He chuckled and typed back, 'I somehow doubt anyone would be helped if I acted all confused and perturbed by it all. Pretending there's a state of normalcy to it can at least help calm things down and allow approaching the information with a clearer head.'

Anja wrote:The girl did not seam to notice you as she was busy with her own meditation. Joseph spoke again.
"Colin then...yes I broke Hermetic Law I worked with what you would call a demon but I do not regret it for a moment but I do regret getting caught, no my relationship with my master is not why I spoke up...I...I am not sure why I did actually, I suspect that is for you to figure out, I just knew it was time to speak, remember my host I am not complete, I am only what little is left..."
He nodded, 'Very well, then I might have a hypothesis - we know Jace has recruited a number of specters from Horizon, gilgul victims who have been lingering for various amounts of time and have been swayed by the temptation of a new body and Avatar into which to reincarnate... I don't suppose you think you could be one of the ones we will have to face? And if so, are you prepared to help do what must be done to end that threat, one way or the other?'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 pm

[Ritual Room 3]

He smiled, "As long as I'm around, Amicus. As long as I'm around... for however long I have."

"I'm not feeling settled in these hints that something will happen to you. You know that I would feel the need to try to help if I could?"

He nodded, "I agree, and so does your Pater - however, for his team, I think it was more urgent that they know in case the altar is there; it's supposedly in an old house full of screams. They will most certainly want to avoid accidentally opening that doorway through an ill-placed firefight. They were doing well when I called him about it, by the way. No indication they had suffered casualties yet."

"Very tricky,I see...and that is good news, I confess I was getting worried."

"Perhaps the woman's Avatar do not want Wallace Jace to win Sodalis."
Crexia commented.
He shrugged, "That's one explanation. Another is that we freed her... we broke the contract on her soul; that could well give her a sense of debt..."

"I can't say I understand how this works, but I just hope it isn't something...going on that we don't understand and will harm us later."

He shrugged, "If it even is five obsidian hands... I suspect a closer questioning might reveal a more accurate answer than what I likely mangled to some extent."

"Quite. I could be mistranslating, or due to it being in enochian it may not easily translate even if you got the gist of it pretty well. Frustrating that some of these make sense only after other things are brought to brighter light."

He smiled, "He'll be fine, I'm sure of it. The last I saw, he was explaining to little Josie that the pain of Branding will pass."

"Well, I suppose it could not be avoided, the branding..." He frowned. "But...it is something to hope for, that he will be okay. Or at least that there is a path where he can be...these glimpses confuse me. Sometimes I'm angry about them and sometimes I'm grateful, and the rest of the time I'm worried what it's going to do to you someday."

"Indeed so, let us do so, would you mind assisting me when I call the Letter Bees? Standard ritual to call lesser Umbroods."
Crexia requested.
"And let us see if they are willing to help us."

"Of course, ma'am. Let us just go over the layout here and fill in anything missing, or that got smudged..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 12, 2020 10:45 pm

[Ritual Room 3]
S7trife wrote:"I'm not feeling settled in these hints that something will happen to you. You know that I would feel the need to try to help if I could?"
Colin smiled sadly, "I don't know where my path will lead, only that at some point in the future, maybe twenty years from now, maybe centuries, I will... no longer be here. The how and why of it, I can't tell, only that my loved ones will miss me. But i have every ounce of faith in that I will have lived a good, full life until then, and until the time comes, that's one thing I would prefer to leave a mystery. I suspect my path does not end in death. Perhaps it is only my mortality that comes to an end..."

S7trif3 wrote:"I can't say I understand how this works, but I just hope it isn't something...going on that we don't understand and will harm us later."
He nodded, "Owing to the nature of it... I don't think it will come back to bite us. Though I will start making the mint candies Master Steelhaven gave me the recipe for, sooner rather than later, and stock up on white peach blossom tea..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Quite. I could be mistranslating, or due to it being in enochian it may not easily translate even if you got the gist of it pretty well. Frustrating that some of these make sense only after other things are brought to brighter light."
He nodded, "It's a tricky language in its own right. And a game of telephone played by non-speakers does not make it any easier."

S7trif3 wrote:"Well, I suppose it could not be avoided, the branding..." He frowned. "But...it is something to hope for, that he will be okay. Or at least that there is a path where he can be...these glimpses confuse me. Sometimes I'm angry about them and sometimes I'm grateful, and the rest of the time I'm worried what it's going to do to you someday."
He frowned, then chuckled softly, "Heh, you know, I suppose it is possible I end up becoming a wrinkly old man... that would be a pretty symmetric consequence of all my meddling."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 12, 2020 11:07 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'This'll fucking take all night.' Nicole muttered to herself, now starting to feel the effect of her body trying to cash the various IOU's written earlier. Went up to one of the un-checked doors; readied the carbine and nodded to Fran to perform the opening ceremony again...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 13, 2020 7:27 am

[Kyle's Room]

"He looks sick! So is that his war form? It looks exactly how I thought it would look." Serge said wide-eyed upon seeing the image of the werewolf, as it was his first time seeing a werewolf's war form in full glory. "Goddammit why do you seem to know everyone from every group?" he added sarcastically.

"He looks cool but I would not want to end up on his bad side."
Stephen muttered.

Serge watched the opening cut scene, taking in the setting and the characters. The beginning of JRPG's were always special to him. As it was the time when everything needed to be introduced. The protagonist, the game mechanics, the setting, and other characters. It provided a nostalgic feeling, that took him back to when he first opened a game console and Professor Oak asked him his gender.

He enjoyed it greatly, always feeling a connection to the characters of the game as he jumped into a turbulent part of their lives as the protagonist and joined in their journey.

The first mission was about getting to know the main character, this young girl who might soon die as she went to a local village and you saw how people pitied and feared her and yet she was full of love for life.
"I love this game it is bad sad but at the same time it celebrate life."
Kyle commented.
"It have such a good story."

Colin paused, only for a moment, "He looks quite healthy, really, and yes, that's his war form. And I don't know everyone from every group, at least not yet. I do cultivate a few very useful acquaintances, though, a practice which does provide a few modest advantages. If a certain Deacon from another Chantry is asked for a character reference, for example, I've got good reason to expect it will be a favourable statement, and likewise if the Garou - werewolves - in Dr. Acevedo's pack are asked about me, they should be rightly able to respond that I am an honourable man."

"That sounds practical Sir, having some allies spread around is always a good idea."
Stephen said.
"Having contacts among the other Awakened can be useful."

[Ritual Room 3]

"That is good to hear that all of master Morgan's team are okey."
Crexia said with a nod.
"And you are correct it is good that he was told, he should have all important details and no we do not want to open the portal by accident no."

"That could have created a sense of gratitude yes even if the way it happened was horrible."
The lich agreed.
"Though it did not seam the woman much minded her contract."

"Indeed so, I will see what I can find out about it."
Crexia agreed.
"it could be something have been lost in translation."

"I can't say I understand how this works, but I just hope it isn't something...going on that we don't understand and will harm us later."

"It could be this widderslainte child will one day decide to go back to her old ways and she then want revenge, but we have dealt with Nephandi before, and it is something we can deal with if it happens Sodalis."
The Tytalus replied.

"Quite. I could be mistranslating, or due to it being in enochian it may not easily translate even if you got the gist of it pretty well. Frustrating that some of these make sense only after other things are brought to brighter light."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Enochian are indeed hard to translate."
She agreed.

"Well, I suppose it could not be avoided, the branding..." He frowned. "But...it is something to hope for, that he will be okay. Or at least that there is a path where he can be...these glimpses confuse me. Sometimes I'm angry about them and sometimes I'm grateful, and the rest of the time I'm worried what it's going to do to you someday."

"It will be hard to avoid Branding it have happened to most widderslainte who have been spared, it will be painful and traumatic but your brother will recover from that with help and care."
Crexia said softly.
"But it is allot better than the alternative so let us hope Mr Wainwright's vision ring true."

He nodded, "Owing to the nature of it... I don't think it will come back to bite us. Though I will start making the mint candies Master Steelhaven gave me the recipe for, sooner rather than later, and stock up on white peach blossom tea..."

Crexia raised an eyebrow at that.

He nodded, "It's a tricky language in its own right. And a game of telephone played by non-speakers does not make it any easier."

The archmaga nodded to this as well.

He frowned, then chuckled softly, "Heh, you know, I suppose it is possible I end up becoming a wrinkly old man... that would be a pretty symmetric consequence of all my meddling."

"Let us hope that is not the case at least Mr Wainwright though it have happened that mortals have become Paradox spirits it is not a path I would recommend."
Crexia said and she raised an eyebrow again.

"Of course, ma'am. Let us just go over the layout here and fill in anything missing, or that got smudged..."

Crexia examined the ritual area then she nodded.
"It seams all is in order Sodalis we can begin when you are ready."

[Node Chamber]

He chuckled and typed back, 'I somehow doubt anyone would be helped if I acted all confused and perturbed by it all. Pretending there's a state of normalcy to it can at least help calm things down and allow approaching the information with a clearer head.'

You got a reply back that said.
"Yeah sure I guess you are right my friend but you are still rather confusing. Well take care I need to get back to my patients I just wanted to let you know about Mina."

He nodded, 'Very well, then I might have a hypothesis - we know Jace has recruited a number of specters from Horizon, gilgul victims who have been lingering for various amounts of time and have been swayed by the temptation of a new body and Avatar into which to reincarnate... I don't suppose you think you could be one of the ones we will have to face? And if so, are you prepared to help do what must be done to end that threat, one way or the other?'

"It is possible, I was so angry and scared, the pain of the ritual was...horrible I remember the screams of my host...my own screams, his ghost would be very angry indeed. However we was never Nephandi, we made pacts with darker beings for power we did nto walk the Path of Screams."
Imir replied firmly.
"It is possible I am among these ghosts and yes I would be willing to help end the threat no matter the cost I was always loyal to the Traditions, I did not deserve what happened to me!"
The man's voice was full of bitterness.

[Abandoned Hospital]

'This'll fucking take all night.' Nicole muttered to herself, now starting to feel the effect of her body trying to cash the various IOU's written earlier. Went up to one of the un-checked doors; readied the carbine and nodded to Fran to perform the opening ceremony again...

"No one said it would be easy."
Fran said with a slight smile as she opened the door, you got into another office, it had a desk, shelves full of binders and a old rug on the floor that matched the curtains, a very old computer sat on the desk, there was no one in the room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next