Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 3 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:54 am

[Kyle's rooms]

"Who cares, as long as we're having fun." Serge said through gritted teeth. Nothing about his demeanor made his words seem truthful though, as even Serge was starting to get a little competitive himself. Serge himself was also disciplined, knowing that even with the timer going down he still had a chance to win. Voldo's quick and high damage attacks gave him a chance to kill or at the very least knock down Stephen's health low enough so that he would win when the timer ran out.

Thus Serge continued playing as best he could. Getting used to Stephen's movements and countering them as best he could. Blocking whatever chip damage Stephen attempted and focusing more and getting hits which he could hopefully combo into large amounts of damage. Enough to swing the time out victory in his facor.

This room Stephen won, his careful, guarded playstyle won out, he only attacked enough to keep you from getting your best combos out after he had enough damage, it was not a dramatic victory, he won by time out with his slow, careful play style, keeping out of reach and elegantly avoided your damage. The Hermetic allowed himself a ever so slight smile before the announcer went to round three.

As he heard Kyle greet his cabal made Serge commented casually, "Sounds like your Uncle's here."

"Yeah he is."
Kyle replied.
"And me Mr Yager."
Anna chimed in.

It was just a casual remark, wih no intended ulterior motive. Although Serge couldn't help but hope that respectful disciplined Stephen would feel compelled to greet or acknowledge his elder in some way. At the very least, Stephen might get momentarily distracted by his cabalmates sudden appearance, curious as to why he may have arrived, which may allow him time to quickly go for the win. Regardless, Serge played vigorously, hoping to eke out another victory.

Round tree started. Stephen allowed himself a bow to Adley.
"Hello Mr Roth Hicks."
He said which gave you an opening for massive damage in the opening of the third round.

"Hey. I know I promised to come back sooner, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. We had another unexpected visitor, thankfully they didn't stick around though." He gave him a once over noting how pale he looked. "Did you get some water, and a snack?" He walked in with Anna and then shut the door behind them, noting the others playing video games. "Everyone okay?"

"That is ok everyone is busy."
Kyle said with a nod.
"I am okey, I felt something...something dark out there for a moment but then it was gone."
The kid replied.
"I got some water but I did not manage to eat to much. I have made some hot cocoa though...if you and Anna would want some I can make some more, and yeah I am here with Stephen and Mr Yager and everyone are okey...how are you?"
Your brother said. Anna looked at you but she did not reply, she wanted hot cocoa but she did not know if there was time for it and she should probably ask her dad if she could first.

[Empty Apartment]

Colin paused for a moment, then replied softly, "This is essentially a bunch of kids who are just trying to get out of the line of fire. They are neutral to the war, because they don't want to be dragged into it. If we go after them, we have little if anything to gain, we risk our own lives, and we'll most likely deserve a reputation for cheerfully accepting Orphans as acceptably expendable casualties. Right now, we have the option to not do that instead - to leave this house of the lost and abandoned be in peace and try to guide them to us by example instead of by force, and in turn start mending bridges that your grandmentor cheerfully burned. Bringing the Crafts and the Orphans home, as it were, will only strengthen us, and help us mount a stronger, united force against the Union and the Fallen alike... but we can't do that through callousness and cruelty."

"Yes it is callous and cruel, but it is was at times we have to be."
The Tytalus said.
"These kids might be trying to get out of the war, but that do not matter if and when they die they will be right back in it, and even if my beloved Grandmentor have had a hand in suppressing knowledge that someone have cleansed themselves, that would be a pretty rare event, you can not expect these kids are able to do that."

He smiled thinly, "A bit of a long story... and not one to be told under these circumstances."

Flavian just sigh and nodded and that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 3 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:55 am

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Yes it is callous and cruel, but it is was at times we have to be."
The Tytalus said.
"These kids might be trying to get out of the war, but that do not matter if and when they die they will be right back in it, and even if my beloved Grandmentor have had a hand in suppressing knowledge that someone have cleansed themselves, that would be a pretty rare event, you can not expect these kids are able to do that."
Colin nodded, "At times, ruthlessness is necessary. Cruelty, not so much. And the problem is that there are a lot of Orphans there, who would get caught in the crossfire, and they are not interested in the war, either. If it were just the Fallen kids, I would not object like this, but... going after these kids is a PR nightmare. And yes, to date it's a rare event, but that is in part because knowledge of how it can be done has been suppressed. If we can make the methods broadly available, we can approach them and at least offer a chance at returning to the Light; being seen as making a good-faith offer like that can only serve to make us seem less like the monsters under the bed the Nephandi think we are. I doubt these kids could cleanse themselves like that without help, but if we could offer them that help... I think a few would want to take it; the kid who wants to make sure there's a world for his daughter to grow up safely in, for example..."

Anja wrote:Flavian just sigh and nodded and that.
He leaned back as Helena secured the handcuffs properly, "So, Lady Crexia wanted me to start questioning until she gets here... You might begin by telling me how and how much you knew of the substitutions in your ranks..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:46 am

[Empty Apartment]

Colin nodded, "At times, ruthlessness is necessary. Cruelty, not so much. And the problem is that there are a lot of Orphans there, who would get caught in the crossfire, and they are not interested in the war, either. If it were just the Fallen kids, I would not object like this, but... going after these kids is a PR nightmare.

"Either the Orphans could stand down or they would be part of the problem and then they would hardly be innocent."
Flavian said with a shrug.
"How is it a PR nightmare to take out the enemies of Ascension?"

And yes, to date it's a rare event, but that is in part because knowledge of how it can be done has been suppressed. If we can make the methods broadly available, we can approach them and at least offer a chance at returning to the Light; being seen as making a good-faith offer like that can only serve to make us seem less like the monsters under the bed the Nephandi think we are.

"So you are claiming that cleansing oneself is just a simple thing as soon as everyone know the method...no I do not buy that if someone have managed to do so it is due to a rare event, huge personal effort and it will be something only a few are able to accomplish."
The Tytalus said and he shook his head.
"It just is not that easy an Avatar is not a pair of socks to be washed when it gets dirty, and the Nephandi seeing us as monsters under the bed...ha that is rich considering what they are and do!"

I doubt these kids could cleanse themselves like that without help, but if we could offer them that help... I think a few would want to take it; the kid who wants to make sure there's a world for his daughter to grow up safely in, for example..."

"Yeah that is if this wonder cure you are peddling is even something that can be taught, if it was a easy way to do this someone would have figured it out before. I am just not buying that, perhaps someone can have done it, nothing is impossible but I doubt it will be something that can just be offered as a cure to Fallen who want out."
Flavian said and he shook his head.

He leaned back as Helena secured the handcuffs properly, "So, Lady Crexia wanted me to start questioning until she gets here... You might begin by telling me how and how much you knew of the substitutions in your ranks..."

Helena chained the hedge wizard to the bed and Flavian gave a displeased look then he nodded.
"I only know of the two found, I guess they did not think they would need more however the being I was...bound to was not really working with the one that Mina works with so there might be things I do not know, in fact my former Master would not be so pleased to see the goals of an Outsider Thing manifest."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:03 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Either the Orphans could stand down or they would be part of the problem and then they would hardly be innocent."
Flavian said with a shrug.
"How is it a PR nightmare to take out the enemies of Ascension?"
Colin frowned, "Imagine this: you're an Orphan, freshly Awakened, and you meet another Orphan who just came to town, and who is willing to show you the ropes. And what's the first thing he tells you? 'If you see a Technocrat, get away; they have kill-on-sight orders. And if you see a Traditionalist, get away; they don't care whether you live or die if you're not a member.' Not taking care to avoid getting them caught in the crossfire will, as Master Porthos warns, lose us the war..."

Anja wrote:"So you are claiming that cleansing oneself is just a simple thing as soon as everyone know the method...no I do not buy that if someone have managed to do so it is due to a rare event, huge personal effort and it will be something only a few are able to accomplish."
The Tytalus said and he shook his head.
"It just is not that easy an Avatar is not a pair of socks to be washed when it gets dirty, and the Nephandi seeing us as monsters under the bed...ha that is rich considering what they are and do!"
He shook his head, "It won't be easy, by any means - but if it were a known option, more might try to seize it; the Fallen recruit their members by forcibly convincing them to enter artificial Cauls, rather than just waiting for people to reach the point of Falling naturally and let them meet a natural Caul. Many of those will have a measure of 'buyer's remorse', because they let themselves Fall to protect someone else, or similar messed-up reasons."
He added in a bitter tone, "And of course we're the monsters under the bed. What else would you call a faceless group that will strip you naked and shred your soul as a mere matter of course?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah that is if this wonder cure you are peddling is even something that can be taught, if it was a easy way to do this someone would have figured it out before. I am just not buying that, perhaps someone can have done it, nothing is impossible but I doubt it will be something that can just be offered as a cure to Fallen who want out."
Flavian said and he shook his head.
He nodded, "No, it's not a 'wonder cure' - it's a very rough path back to the Light. We can show them where that path begins, perhaps even take the first few steps by their side, but we cannot carry them all the way. The best we can offer them is a chance to try... but for more than we might expect, that chance will be enough."

Anja wrote:Helena chained the hedge wizard to the bed and Flavian gave a displeased look then he nodded.
"I only know of the two found, I guess they did not think they would need more however the being I was...bound to was not really working with the one that Mina works with so there might be things I do not know, in fact my former Master would not be so pleased to see the goals of an Outsider Thing manifest."
He nodded, setting his phone to record the conversation, "So, how did you know Mina, then? She'd killed the woman she impersonated, so that's... probably not going to look good for you in any case, but please, do tell me what you know."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:59 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin frowned, "Imagine this: you're an Orphan, freshly Awakened, and you meet another Orphan who just came to town, and who is willing to show you the ropes. And what's the first thing he tells you? 'If you see a Technocrat, get away; they have kill-on-sight orders. And if you see a Traditionalist, get away; they don't care whether you live or die if you're not a member.' Not taking care to avoid getting them caught in the crossfire will, as Master Porthos warns, lose us the war..."

"There is a difference between attacking random Orphans and going after the ones who throw their lot in with the Fallen, once the Order of Hermes had a join or die policy, I am not talking about going back to that even if I am sort of in favor of it, I am talking about eliminating the Fallen!"
Flavian declared.

He shook his head, "It won't be easy, by any means - but if it were a known option, more might try to seize it; the Fallen recruit their members by forcibly convincing them to enter artificial Cauls, rather than just waiting for people to reach the point of Falling naturally and let them meet a natural Caul. Many of those will have a measure of 'buyer's remorse', because they let themselves Fall to protect someone else, or similar messed-up reasons."
He added in a bitter tone, "And of course we're the monsters under the bed. What else would you call a faceless group that will strip you naked and shred your soul as a mere matter of course?"

"We can not offer all Fallen to try to cleanse themselves, not unless this method you speak of have a high rate of success something I doubt that it will have, we just can not take the chance."
The Tytalus said with a frown.
"Well I guess they have reason to fear us, but that do not mean they don't deserve their punishment."

He nodded, "No, it's not a 'wonder cure' - it's a very rough path back to the Light. We can show them where that path begins, perhaps even take the first few steps by their side, but we cannot carry them all the way. The best we can offer them is a chance to try... but for more than we might expect, that chance will be enough."

"The question is more...how many who start on such a path, actually manage to undo what they ahve done to themselves, if the success rate is not high enough just Gilgulling them is far safer."
The Hermetic said callously.
"That will solve the problem efficiently."

He nodded, setting his phone to record the conversation, "So, how did you know Mina, then? She'd killed the woman she impersonated, so that's... probably not going to look good for you in any case, but please, do tell me what you know."

Mine sought me out after she had murdered a member of my Chantry."
Flavian replied bitterly.
"She somehow found out that I had Investments and about the same time my Master spoke to me ordering me to help, though I could tell it did not like it...there are some conflict going on, between the Outsider Things and other dark entities but fuck me if I know what it is."
The hedge wizards said.
"And no I don't think that knowing that will make me popular no but I still had nothing to do with my Chantrymate's death."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:04 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"There is a difference between attacking random Orphans and going after the ones who throw their lot in with the Fallen, once the Order of Hermes had a join or die policy, I am not talking about going back to that even if I am sort of in favor of it, I am talking about eliminating the Fallen!"
Flavian declared.
Colin spoke softly, "A small middle-eastern child won't understand why war is waged in his homeland, but he will understand that Americans made the bomb that killed his sister and the family goat... That's the problem here - we know the distinction, but the people caught in the crossfire won't. They might not even realize there is a distinction. All they see is that both the Union and the Traditions come hunting down their friends, and the word spreads fast."

Anja wrote:"We can not offer all Fallen to try to cleanse themselves, not unless this method you speak of have a high rate of success something I doubt that it will have, we just can not take the chance."
The Tytalus said with a frown.
"Well I guess they have reason to fear us, but that do not mean they don't deserve their punishment."
He frowned, "A success rate of one in a thousand would make it worth the try. You can't know what I do - the pain of gilgul. I know how it feels, the pain of it, and the confusion and isolation of the fleeting Avatar fragments afterwards... and every Avatar so broken detracts from all Creation, diminishing us all. In a very practical way, gilguling is the equivalent of cutting off your nose to spite your face..."

Anja wrote:"The question is more...how many who start on such a path, actually manage to undo what they ahve done to themselves, if the success rate is not high enough just Gilgulling them is far safer."
The Hermetic said callously.
"That will solve the problem efficiently."
He shook his head, "I've heard of none who started and gave up; I know of one individual who succeeded in the past, one who will succeed in the future as the timeline is coming along, and one who... has started, and will likely make it if she lives. We have a widderslainte here at the Chantry who cast a Dynamic spell today. Any non-zero answer to that question is a high enough success rate. Because every Avatar that survives keeps adding to the whole."

Anja wrote:Mine sought me out after she had murdered a member of my Chantry."
Flavian replied bitterly.
"She somehow found out that I had Investments and about the same time my Master spoke to me ordering me to help, though I could tell it did not like it...there are some conflict going on, between the Outsider Things and other dark entities but fuck me if I know what it is."
The hedge wizards said.
"And no I don't think that knowing that will make me popular no but I still had nothing to do with my Chantrymate's death."
He frowned, "There'd be a conflict of interest between the things that want to unmake, and the things that want to conquer, I suppose... but I will believe you had no part in the murder and abductions of the members of your group. It seems the Verbena who has gone missing may be alive; he might have a few choice words for you about that... When did you learn about that intruder, by the way?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:43 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin spoke softly, "A small middle-eastern child won't understand why war is waged in his homeland, but he will understand that Americans made the bomb that killed his sister and the family goat... That's the problem here - we know the distinction, but the people caught in the crossfire won't. They might not even realize there is a distinction. All they see is that both the Union and the Traditions come hunting down their friends, and the word spreads fast."

"Well I guess that is true, but but who cares really they are just Orphans even if they think the Traditions might harm them it is not like they can do anything about it."
The Tytalus said with a dismissive shrug.
"It is better to simply get rid of the Fallen."

He frowned, "A success rate of one in a thousand would make it worth the try. You can't know what I do - the pain of gilgul. I know how it feels, the pain of it, and the confusion and isolation of the fleeting Avatar fragments afterwards... and every Avatar so broken detracts from all Creation, diminishing us all. In a very practical way, gilguling is the equivalent of cutting off your nose to spite your face..."

"I see, and what about all those the nine hundred and ninety nine other Fallen will murder, torture and perhaps draw to the Fallen, if not in this life then when they are reborn. No one is saying that Gilgul is not terrible, it is horrible, but it is still necessary."
Flavian replied firmly.

He shook his head, "I've heard of none who started and gave up; I know of one individual who succeeded in the past, one who will succeed in the future as the timeline is coming along, and one who... has started, and will likely make it if she lives. We have a widderslainte here at the Chantry who cast a Dynamic spell today. Any non-zero answer to that question is a high enough success rate. Because every Avatar that survives keeps adding to the whole."

"Well the one who cast a Dynamic spell are interesting enough but for the others they are just trying to do something very, very hard without proof they have actually done what they set out to do what really is the point here and as I said if one in a thousand manage to cleanse themselves, then what about the rest? What about the damage they will do?"
The Tytalus asked he was clearly not buying it.

He frowned, "There'd be a conflict of interest between the things that want to unmake, and the things that want to conquer, I suppose... but I will believe you had no part in the murder and abductions of the members of your group. It seems the Verbena who has gone missing may be alive; he might have a few choice words for you about that... When did you learn about that intruder, by the way?"

"Yes I suspect so as well that there is a conflict between those who want power or other worldly goals and those who want reality to stop existing."
Flavian agreed.
"I was told about the Verbena before we left from Worchester earlier today, Mina told me. I hope he is alive though and that he can be rescued. I was ordered not to get in the way and nto to say anything so my hands where tied to do anything."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:26 pm

[Kyle's Rooms]

Stephen allowed himself a bow to Adley. "Hello Mr Roth Hicks."

He nodded back to him. "Don't let me interrupt."

"I am okey, I felt something...something dark out there for a moment but then it was gone." The kid replied. "I got some water but I did not manage to eat to much. I have made some hot cocoa though...if you and Anna would want some I can make some more, and yeah I am here with Stephen and Mr Yager and everyone are okey...how are you?"

"Yes, thankfully it's gone. We can't stay too long unfortunately. You want me to make you something, if there's something in your fridge?" he offered hopefully.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:00 pm

[Kyle's Rooms]

He nodded back to him. "Don't let me interrupt."

Stephen grinned and turned his focus back to the screen.
"Thanks uncle Adley I am just trying to win this round we have one round each."

Yes, thankfully it's gone. We can't stay too long unfortunately. You want me to make you something, if there's something in your fridge?" he offered hopefully.

"Stephen made me some scramebeled eggs earlier and I had a little of that."
Kyle said.
"Yeah like three spoonfuls that is not allot."
Stephen commented from the sofa.
"Yeah...I guess...well I could warm the eggs...I have not been very hungry but yes there is food in my fridge."
Kyle agreed reluctantly.
"What about you Adley have you gotten anything to eat?"
Your brother asked sounding concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:35 pm

[Kyle's rooms]

Anja wrote:This room Stephen won, his careful, guarded playstyle won out, he only attacked enough to keep you from getting your best combos out after he had enough damage, it was not a dramatic victory, he won by time out with his slow, careful play style, keeping out of reach and elegantly avoided your damage. The Hermetic allowed himself a ever so slight smile before the announcer went to round three.

"All according to plan." Serge said with a chuckle, feeling slightly stung at losing. "After all, no match in a show ever wins in a 2-0 landslide. There needs to be some drama involved. Some suspense."

Anja wrote:"Yeah he is."
Kyle replied.
"And me Mr Yager."
Anna chimed in.

"And the wonderful Anna as well." Serge said cheerfully, waving to the both of them.

Anja wrote:Round tree started. Stephen allowed himself a bow to Adley.
"Hello Mr Roth Hicks."
He said which gave you an opening for massive damage in the opening of the third round.

"Man I wish I was more of a dick." Serge thought to himself as he realized he couldn't bring himself to take advantage of the opportunity in front of him. At least not to the fullest extent.

He did do a small light attack, taking only the smallest portion off of Stephen's health before returning his character to his starting position. If only to teach Stephen a lesson about pausing the game.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:38 pm

[Kyle's rooms]

"And the wonderful Anna as well." Serge said cheerfully, waving to the both of them.
Stephen grinned and turned his focus back to the screen.
"Thanks uncle Adley I am just trying to win this round we have one round each."

It seemed so normal; despite what was going on. Here were some teenagers playing video games and having hot chocolate. Nevermind there were scary spirits, and the Nephandi and a trial, an angry fae ghost, and everything else. A tiny pocket of semi-normalcy. And it felt weird to him, even as he was glad they could have this, for a few moments.

"Stephen made me some scramebeled eggs earlier and I had a little of that."
Kyle said.
"Yeah like three spoonfuls that is not allot."
Stephen commented from the sofa.
"Yeah...I guess...well I could warm the eggs...I have not been very hungry but yes there is food in my fridge."
Kyle agreed reluctantly.
"What about you Adley have you gotten anything to eat?"

"You got to eat something, even if you're not too hungry. A little bit at a time. Okay? If his cooking is that bad then I can make you a sandwich," he teased. "I don't promise that mine is much better, though."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:30 pm

[Kyle's rooms]

"All according to plan." Serge said with a chuckle, feeling slightly stung at losing. "After all, no match in a show ever wins in a 2-0 landslide. There needs to be some drama involved. Some suspense."

"Oh and are you sure that it is you who are the protagonist of this make believe show of your Mr Yager, and that it is not me who are destined to win, with suspense and all?"
Stephen said with a grin.

"Hi Sir."
Anna said then she grinned.
"I am indeed wonderful...I made a spell."
She informed you proudly.
"Didn't I Mr Roth Hicks?"
She said as she glanced up at Adley.

"Man I wish I was more of a dick." Serge thought to himself as he realized he couldn't bring himself to take advantage of the opportunity in front of him. At least not to the fullest extent.

He did do a small light attack, taking only the smallest portion off of Stephen's health before returning his character to his starting position. If only to teach Stephen a lesson about pausing the game.

"Oh shit..."
Stephen said as Sophetia took damage.
"Ok time to get serious!"
And then eh was back at his methodical quick and careful play stile, taking little pot shots at Voldo as the faster character recovered from his massive special attacks that he thus far had avoided.

[quoteYou got to eat something, even if you're not too hungry. A little bit at a time. Okay? If his cooking is that bad then I can make you a sandwich," he teased. "I don't promise that mine is much better, though."][/quote]

"Actually the eggs was pretty good it is just that with the trial and what could...be the result of it...I..."
Kyle looked down.
"And even if all go well I will be Branded...I ehm...read in the library how they do that...I..."
He shivered a little.
"I will try to eat a bit more okey...I will try...I just wish it was all over you know, that I did not have thing thing hanging over my head any longer."
Kyle said and Anna patted him on the arm.
"You will be okey Kyle...I am sure of it."
The young Hermetic smiled a little.
"I hope you are right Anna I hope you are right."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:53 pm

[Kyle's rooms]

She said as she glanced up at Adley

"You did. And it's useful," he agreed. He looked pensive a moment.

Actually the eggs was pretty good it is just that with the trial and what could...be the result of it...I..."
Kyle looked down.
"And even if all go well I will be Branded...I ehm...read in the library how they do that...I..."
He shivered a little.
"I will try to eat a bit more okey...I will try...I just wish it was all over you know, that I did not have thing thing hanging over my head any longer."
Kyle said and Anna patted him on the arm.
"You will be okey Kyle...I am sure of it."
The young Hermetic smiled a little.
"I hope you are right Anna I hope you are right."

"I know. It's really hard, in a completely different way than facing an immediate danger." He reached out slowly and put his hand on his shoulder after Anna patted him. "Here, let me see if I can make a PB and J, and you can do some hand stretches?" he suggested.

// Adley would approve of choosing Sophitia if he understood video games

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:12 pm

[Kyle's rooms]

"You did. And it's useful," he agreed. He looked pensive a moment.

"Yeah it is useful."
Anna said proudly then she looked at you for a moment.
"Is something wrong Sir?"

"I know. It's really hard, in a completely different way than facing an immediate danger." He reached out slowly and put his hand on his shoulder after Anna patted him. "Here, let me see if I can make a PB and J, and you can do some hand stretches?" he suggested.

"Yeah I mean I feel...helpless, Master Tolle have to fight for me...in court, at least with an enemy in front of me I could do something other than wait for others to decide my fate."
Kyle said with a sigh.
"O..ok that sounds good."
The kid said and he offered a small, tired smile.
"And some hand stretches might be good."

(OOC: She is a pretty tactical character and she is Greek.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:55 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess that is true, but but who cares really they are just Orphans even if they think the Traditions might harm them it is not like they can do anything about it."
The Tytalus said with a dismissive shrug.
"It is better to simply get rid of the Fallen."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Funny thing, I believe Czar Nicholas II's advisors said similar things about the workers in 1917... And if someone charismatic rallies the Orphans behind their banner to assault the Traditions, we'll be dreadfully unprepared to face them."

Anja wrote:"I see, and what about all those the nine hundred and ninety nine other Fallen will murder, torture and perhaps draw to the Fallen, if not in this life then when they are reborn. No one is saying that Gilgul is not terrible, it is horrible, but it is still necessary."
Flavian replied firmly.
He frowned, "Who said the rest would be entirely free to go and do harm?"

Anja wrote:"Well the one who cast a Dynamic spell are interesting enough but for the others they are just trying to do something very, very hard without proof they have actually done what they set out to do what really is the point here and as I said if one in a thousand manage to cleanse themselves, then what about the rest? What about the damage they will do?"
The Tytalus asked he was clearly not buying it.
He shook his head, "Oh, we have proof... but here's another thing, even if we can only restore one Avatar in a thousand attempts, it would be an incredibly harsh blow to the Nephandi's morale - to see that we can undo the unholiest of their work and welcome their members home, rather than butcher them all on sight... retaining their members through fear of us would suddenly not be as effective anymore."

Anja wrote:"Yes I suspect so as well that there is a conflict between those who want power or other worldly goals and those who want reality to stop existing."
Flavian agreed.
"I was told about the Verbena before we left from Worchester earlier today, Mina told me. I hope he is alive though and that he can be rescued. I was ordered not to get in the way and nto to say anything so my hands where tied to do anything."
He nodded, "With a little luck, the team at the hospital find him there... alive and intact. Well... mostly intact; Jace will probably have performed some of his experiments on the man; the bastard is far too fond of spinal fluids..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:01 am

[Kyle's rooms]

"Yeah it is useful."
Anna said proudly then she looked at you for a moment.
"Is something wrong Sir?"

He shook his head. "Sorry, I was trying to make sure I remembered everything..."

"Yeah I mean I feel...helpless, Master Tolle have to fight for me...in court, at least with an enemy in front of me I could do something other than wait for others to decide my fate." Kyle said with a sigh.

"You have done things in your favor, and while you did you saved a lot of other people too. This is a different kind of fight, certainly."

"O..ok that sounds good."
The kid said and he offered a small, tired smile.
"And some hand stretches might be good."

He gave him a nod and let go, seeing if there was some stuff to make sandwiches or similar that would be fairly quick but nourishing. As he went, he tried to stay out of the way of the pair playing their game.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:08 am

[Kyle's rooms]

Anja wrote:"Oh and are you sure that it is you who are the protagonist of this make believe show of your Mr Yager, and that it is not me who are destined to win, with suspense and all?"
Stephen said with a grin.

"You got that right. Only thing is that I'm a protagonist of a very real show. As are you. Now let's see who's show is being featured shall we?" Serge said with a smirk.

Anja wrote:"Hi Sir."
Anna said then she grinned.
She said as she glanced up at Adley.
Adley wrote:"You did. And it's useful," he agreed. He looked pensive a moment.

"Oh that sounds awesome!" Serge said enthusiastically. "Did you remember to name the spell? That's the most important part."

Anja wrote:"Oh shit..."
Stephen said as Sophetia took damage.
"Ok time to get serious!"
And then eh was back at his methodical quick and careful play stile, taking little pot shots at Voldo as the faster character recovered from his massive special attacks that he thus far had avoided.

"Take it as a lesson to pause the game before doing anything else." Serge said with a chuckle.

And just as Stephen became serious, so did Serge. Using his superior video game experience to quickly go on the offensive. Pulling off moves that would be difficult for Stephen and his lack of video game experience to dodge or avoid, no matter how much the young hermetic planned. He had learned from the previous two rounds and knew how Stephen would move to avoid his attacks and planned his own counter strategies. Using that knowledge he could predict how Stephen would dodge and he could plan an attack accordingly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:16 am

[Empty Apartment]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Funny thing, I believe Czar Nicholas II's advisors said similar things about the workers in 1917... And if someone charismatic rallies the Orphans behind their banner to assault the Traditions, we'll be dreadfully unprepared to face them."

"Well I guess that is a point...of sorts, but even so those Fallen will have to be taken down."
Flavian said with a snort.

He frowned, "Who said the rest would be entirely free to go and do harm?"

"How do you intend to prevent it? Keep allot of mages captive indefinitely? And how will you stop their widderslaintes when they die? The Traditions do not have the resources to keep a bunch of Fallen in check until the end of time."
The Tytalus replied simply.

He shook his head, "Oh, we have proof... but here's another thing, even if we can only restore one Avatar in a thousand attempts, it would be an incredibly harsh blow to the Nephandi's morale - to see that we can undo the unholiest of their work and welcome their members home, rather than butcher them all on sight... retaining their members through fear of us would suddenly not be as effective anymore."

"No...it simply would not with a success rate like that. Now as I said the Traditions will not be able to keep Fallen under control indefinitely so with a one of a thousand chance they could cleanse themselves Gilgul would still be used, please be realistic here, if it was like 70 percent success rate that would be something else but that Mr Wainwright I will believe when I see it and not before."
The Hermetic scoffed.

He nodded, "With a little luck, the team at the hospital find him there... alive and intact. Well... mostly intact; Jace will probably have performed some of his experiments on the man; the bastard is far too fond of spinal fluids..."

"Yes so I hear."
The hedge wizard said with a frown.
"But yes I hope the man and his two hedge wizard aides can be found alive and reasonably well."

[Kyle's rooms]

He shook his head. "Sorry, I was trying to make sure I remembered everything..."

"Ah...that is understandable Sir."
Anna said with a nod.
"But yeah that is what note books are for, remembering things...I have several you can have one of mine if you want."
She offered.

"You have done things in your favor, and while you did you saved a lot of other people too. This is a different kind of fight, certainly."

"I did what I had to brother I do not want to serve the Nephandi. I can feel those darker impulses in me and I do not want to fell to those I just want to be me and if...if...the worst happens I guess it is better than being with the Fallen but I really, really, really want to keep my magick the thought of loosing it is terrifying."
Kyle muttered and he shivered and even the thought seamed to make him ill.

He gave him a nod and let go, seeing if there was some stuff to make sandwiches or similar that would be fairly quick but nourishing. As he went, he tried to stay out of the way of the pair playing their game.

It should be easy enough to just go around and not in front of the TV. Kyle did have bread and several types of spread in his kitchen, including peanut butter and jelly. Kyle went with you into the kitchen, who smelled of cocoa as Anna sat sown in a chair to watch the game being played between Stephen and Serge.

"You got that right. Only thing is that I'm a protagonist of a very real show. As are you. Now let's see who's show is being featured shall we?" Serge said with a smirk.

"Well if this is your episode you know, in more modern game anime where they have realized the protagonist have to loose at times for character development it might be your time to loose Mr Yager just so you can ridiculously over react and then be offered food and then make a huge deceleration of victory next time."
Stephen replied with a chuckle.

"Oh that sounds awesome!" Serge said enthusiastically. "Did you remember to name the spell? That's the most important part."

"Well what it do is create a wave of sort that do not directly counter magick but makes it just a bit harder, it slow someone down, so I was thinking of naming it the Wave of Annoyance."
Anna said with a proud smile.

"Take it as a lesson to pause the game before doing anything else." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Lesson learned Sir."
The Hermetic replied with a grunt.

And just as Stephen became serious, so did Serge. Using his superior video game experience to quickly go on the offensive. Pulling off moves that would be difficult for Stephen and his lack of video game experience to dodge or avoid, no matter how much the young hermetic planned. He had learned from the previous two rounds and knew how Stephen would move to avoid his attacks and planned his own counter strategies. Using that knowledge he could predict how Stephen would dodge and he could plan an attack accordingly.

Suddenly a special attack from Sophitia came your way, you managed to doge it, but just barely. Stephen played more aggressively now though donging and protection was still his main thing, he seamed to change up his style not to be predictable as he swung out of the way of one of your special moves and then sent one of his own in Voldo's direction.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:17 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess that is a point...of sorts, but even so those Fallen will have to be taken down."
Flavian said with a snort.
Colin nodded, "Eventually, yes, I suppose so... But this is where a bit of patience and planning will pay off greatly; we can't afford a full frontal assault."

Anja wrote:"How do you intend to prevent it? Keep allot of mages captive indefinitely? And how will you stop their widderslaintes when they die? The Traditions do not have the resources to keep a bunch of Fallen in check until the end of time."
The Tytalus replied simply.
He shook his head, "No, details will have to be determined when we have more data, but I don't believe the Fallen unwilling to try can be let go..."

Anja wrote:"No...it simply would not with a success rate like that. Now as I said the Traditions will not be able to keep Fallen under control indefinitely so with a one of a thousand chance they could cleanse themselves Gilgul would still be used, please be realistic here, if it was like 70 percent success rate that would be something else but that Mr Wainwright I will believe when I see it and not before."
The Hermetic scoffed.
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, three for three would be a far better rate to start off on than one in thousand... but getting any accurate statistics with just a handful of participants is going to prove pretty pointless. But to date, the success rate of known attempts is 100%."

Anja wrote:"Yes so I hear."
The hedge wizard said with a frown.
"But yes I hope the man and his two hedge wizard aides can be found alive and reasonably well."
He nodded, "At least you have that statement on record... Now, on to the broader picture: do you know of any Pawns for the Fallen throughout the Traditions, whether locally or globally?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:39 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin nodded, "Eventually, yes, I suppose so... But this is where a bit of patience and planning will pay off greatly; we can't afford a full frontal assault."

"And you believe we can more afford a new group full of Fallen and eventually a slew of widderslainte?"
Flavian asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"Measuring that up against the off chance that the Orphans can somehow manage to attack us, and that they would want to, taking out the Fallen is the lesser risk."

He shook his head, "No, details will have to be determined when we have more data, but I don't believe the Fallen unwilling to try can be let go..."

"Even the ones willing to try would have to be kept under control, after all talk is cheap, it is easy to say one is willing to do something and something else to actually do it, and unless this method have a very high success rate the chances they would make it would just be to low, so I am asking again if we are not Gilgulling them how are the Traditions going to keep all of these Fallen mages captive?"
The Tytalus demanded.

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, three for three would be a far better rate to start off on than one in thousand... but getting any accurate statistics with just a handful of participants is going to prove pretty pointless. But to date, the success rate of known attempts is 100%."

"Really have it now, thus far you have claimed one have cleansed herself but it can not be proven and another have cast one Dynamic spell, that do not sound like you have three cleansed former Fallen to show anyone Mr Wainwright."
Flavian replied and he raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "At least you have that statement on record... Now, on to the broader picture: do you know of any Pawns for the Fallen throughout the Traditions, whether locally or globally?"

"No I do not, I was as much as I want to admit it a lesser pawn of my Master it and it is not like we hold Infernalist conventions."
Flavian replied.
"I do not know anyone else, Infernalist or full on Nephandi."

(OOC: Welcome to Infernalist con Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:10 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"And you believe we can more afford a new group full of Fallen and eventually a slew of widderslainte?"
Flavian asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"Measuring that up against the off chance that the Orphans can somehow manage to attack us, and that they would want to, taking out the Fallen is the lesser risk."
Colin frowned, "But here's the rub - we need the Orphans. Like it or not, they'll be ever more crucial to the war as our side is losing its ability to find and guide apprentices to Awakening; more, like me, will Awaken spontaneously and find their own way, and if we don't welcome them with open arms, the Union will kill or recruit them by force, or the Fallen will be all too happy to bring them into their miserable fold. So risking a handful of eventual widderslainte in exchange for the goodwill that can help us recruit hundreds and thousands of new members over time, well... even at the most cynical level, we need those boots on the ground."

Anja wrote:"Even the ones willing to try would have to be kept under control, after all talk is cheap, it is easy to say one is willing to do something and something else to actually do it, and unless this method have a very high success rate the chances they would make it would just be to low, so I am asking again if we are not Gilgulling them how are the Traditions going to keep all of these Fallen mages captive?"
The Tytalus demanded.
He sighed, "Well, there's one Master working on a replacement for the bloody serum right now, or maybe she hasn't quite gotten the project underway yet. I believe that new option will be safer and easier to control - and from there, we can start, well, therapy. It'll be slow and expensive, but the results will, I believe, be worth it."

Anja wrote:"Really have it now, thus far you have claimed one have cleansed herself but it can not be proven and another have cast one Dynamic spell, that do not sound like you have three cleansed former Fallen to show anyone Mr Wainwright."
Flavian replied and he raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "I should say sworn testimony from the best Avatar Healer in the Traditions would be quite compelling proof. Add to that, we'll soon be able to ask the cleansee herself; complicated story... and I do have a piece of ephemera from my daughter from the not-so-distant future; a pure, uncorrupted piece of her Avatar after she's succeeded. But at this very precise moment, no, I don't have three former Fallen to show to."

Anja wrote:"No I do not, I was as much as I want to admit it a lesser pawn of my Master it and it is not like we hold Infernalist conventions."
Flavian replied.
"I do not know anyone else, Infernalist or full on Nephandi."
He nodded, "I expected as much. So, what other deeds have you been compelled to perform for your former Master, then? Might as well make a recorded confession now and save time later."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:42 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin frowned, "But here's the rub - we need the Orphans. Like it or not, they'll be ever more crucial to the war as our side is losing its ability to find and guide apprentices to Awakening; more, like me, will Awaken spontaneously and find their own way, and if we don't welcome them with open arms, the Union will kill or recruit them by force, or the Fallen will be all too happy to bring them into their miserable fold. So risking a handful of eventual widderslainte in exchange for the goodwill that can help us recruit hundreds and thousands of new members over time, well... even at the most cynical level, we need those boots on the ground."

"We might need to recruit Orphans Mr Wainwright but not all Orphans are a member of this House of the Lost as you call it and as they are not one group, even if a few Orphans gets killed as we take out the Fallen they work with, other Orphans are not likely to hear about that. I do not really see the problem here. I am not saying we should hunt down all Orphans just that it is acceptable that the ones who work with the Fallen gets hurt if they refuse to get out of the way when we come for their unholy friends."
Flavian muttered with a frown.

He sighed, "Well, there's one Master working on a replacement for the bloody serum right now, or maybe she hasn't quite gotten the project underway yet. I believe that new option will be safer and easier to control - and from there, we can start, well, therapy. It'll be slow and expensive, but the results will, I believe, be worth it."

"That very much depend on how slow and how expensive and again on success rates. The Serum cost allot to produce, it is fine to take a prisoner or keep someone captive for a while but the cost rise quickly if they are to be kept on it for a long time, so unless this new method is allot cheaper to produce there is a problem there we have limited resources, now if we can expect most Fallen to revert given time and therapy yes it might be worth it if we can find the resources somewhere but like I said I do not believe they would if it was that easy a method to revert a Fallen soul would have be found earlier and just for a few successes we can not afford to keep mages captive for a long period of time and they have to be dealt with more permanently."

He shrugged, "I should say sworn testimony from the best Avatar Healer in the Traditions would be quite compelling proof. Add to that, we'll soon be able to ask the cleansee herself; complicated story... and I do have a piece of ephemera from my daughter from the not-so-distant future; a pure, uncorrupted piece of her Avatar after she's succeeded. But at this very precise moment, no, I don't have three former Fallen to show to."

"Exactly so the success rates you claim just simply can not be proven and they seam highly improbable, which makes stopping the process of Gilgulling Fallen captives impossible, we need a way to reliable deal with them, Gilgul, horrible as it might be are reliable."
The Tytalus replied he was still not buying your optimism abut the subject.

He nodded, "I expected as much. So, what other deeds have you been compelled to perform for your former Master, then? Might as well make a recorded confession now and save time later."

Flavian sigh.
"To many things to properly remember...sabotage, information dealing, sacrifices, helping out his allies. I have a notebook where I have kept a record but I am afraid I do not remember it all right off the top of my head, it is not things I would like to go around and think about."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:56 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"We might need to recruit Orphans Mr Wainwright but not all Orphans are a member of this House of the Lost as you call it and as they are not one group, even if a few Orphans gets killed as we take out the Fallen they work with, other Orphans are not likely to hear about that. I do not really see the problem here. I am not saying we should hunt down all Orphans just that it is acceptable that the ones who work with the Fallen gets hurt if they refuse to get out of the way when we come for their unholy friends."
Flavian muttered with a frown.
Colin nodded, "Again, the issue is that the Orphans who would survive after seeing their fellows slaughtered would spread the word that the Traditions are killing or worse indiscriminately. That's the thing about the grapevine, the bloody thing is fast, and it's very hard for formal communications from any kind of authority to beat what dear old Maggie across the street confided in you yesterday... So we may have to take out the Fallen individuals at that place, but not by means of direct frontal assault."
He frowned, "Finding them and picking them off one at a time while they're out shopping will be a... safer, cleaner way to do it. Not a way I would morally approve of, but... it would at least help reduce the risk of innocents getting caught in the crossfire."

Anja wrote:"That very much depend on how slow and how expensive and again on success rates. The Serum cost allot to produce, it is fine to take a prisoner or keep someone captive for a while but the cost rise quickly if they are to be kept on it for a long time, so unless this new method is allot cheaper to produce there is a problem there we have limited resources, now if we can expect most Fallen to revert given time and therapy yes it might be worth it if we can find the resources somewhere but like I said I do not believe they would if it was that easy a method to revert a Fallen soul would have be found earlier and just for a few successes we can not afford to keep mages captive for a long period of time and they have to be dealt with more permanently."
He nodded, "The serum also causes a number of medical issues leading to strokes, and has a high risk of creating Specters, like the bloody undead army of Wallace Jace right now... so just the cost alone is not the only factor in consideration. But while restoring an Avatar is not easy, it is infinitely easier to get started if people know it's possible, rather than if the truth is suppressed..."

Anja wrote:"Exactly so the success rates you claim just simply can not be proven and they seam highly improbable, which makes stopping the process of Gilgulling Fallen captives impossible, we need a way to reliable deal with them, Gilgul, horrible as it might be are reliable."
The Tytalus replied he was still not buying your optimism abut the subject.
He frowned, "In a matter of weeks, we will have the first success back as an Awakened Mage, and in relatively short order able to testify. My daughter will pursue another method, and I suspect the one who's already using Dynamic magic may be on a third path altogether... I'll be glad to see you survive, so I can show you, though, when the time comes."

Anja wrote:Flavian sigh.
"To many things to properly remember...sabotage, information dealing, sacrifices, helping out his allies. I have a notebook where I have kept a record but I am afraid I do not remember it all right off the top of my head, it is not things I would like to go around and think about."
He frowned, "Well, that notebook will certainly come in handy... I expect Lady Crexia will be better able to retrieve it than I will, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:33 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin nodded, "Again, the issue is that the Orphans who would survive after seeing their fellows slaughtered would spread the word that the Traditions are killing or worse indiscriminately. That's the thing about the grapevine, the bloody thing is fast, and it's very hard for formal communications from any kind of authority to beat what dear old Maggie across the street confided in you yesterday... So we may have to take out the Fallen individuals at that place, but not by means of direct frontal assault."
He frowned, "Finding them and picking them off one at a time while they're out shopping will be a... safer, cleaner way to do it. Not a way I would morally approve of, but... it would at least help reduce the risk of innocents getting caught in the crossfire."

"Well picking the Falen of one by one might be a safer option. I will give you that Mr Wainwright and as long as the Fallen members of this rouge group do get taken down I do not much mind how it is done."
Flavian replied.

He nodded, "The serum also causes a number of medical issues leading to strokes, and has a high risk of creating Specters, like the bloody undead army of Wallace Jace right now... so just the cost alone is not the only factor in consideration. But while restoring an Avatar is not easy, it is infinitely easier to get started if people know it's possible, rather than if the truth is suppressed..."

"Well that is an added reason why using the Serum to keep Awakened prisoners long term is a bad idea then, though if some Fallen gets sick I do not much care to be honest, I guess we will have to see what this Master you spoke of comes up with."
The Tytalus replied.

He frowned, "In a matter of weeks, we will have the first success back as an Awakened Mage, and in relatively short order able to testify. My daughter will pursue another method, and I suspect the one who's already using Dynamic magic may be on a third path altogether... I'll be glad to see you survive, so I can show you, though, when the time comes."

"And again continuing this discussion is pointless, the thing is if these methods have a good success rate then yes the Traditions might decide to use it as an alternative to Gilgul for those willing to try, if it do not have a high success rate it will not be used and simpler options will."
Flavian replied with a shrug.
"So yes I guess we will see."

He frowned, "Well, that notebook will certainly come in handy... I expect Lady Crexia will be better able to retrieve it than I will, though."

"I can give her the exact coordinates."
Flavian said then he smiled a little.
"My former Master will really hate the Traditions getting their hands on that notebook, which suits me just fine, I prefer it if he is not happy."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:35 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I can give her the exact coordinates."
Flavian said then he smiled a little.
"My former Master will really hate the Traditions getting their hands on that notebook, which suits me just fine, I prefer it if he is not happy."
Colin grinned, "That's the spirit."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next