Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 16 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 13, 2020 9:12 am

[Kyle's Room]

Colin wrote:Colin paused, only for a moment, "He looks quite healthy, really, and yes, that's his war form. And I don't know everyone from every group, at least not yet. I do cultivate a few very useful acquaintances, though, a practice which does provide a few modest advantages. If a certain Deacon from another Chantry is asked for a character reference, for example, I've got good reason to expect it will be a favourable statement, and likewise if the Garou - werewolves - in Dr. Acevedo's pack are asked about me, they should be rightly able to respond that I am an honourable man."
Anja wrote:"That sounds practical Sir, having some allies spread around is always a good idea."
Stephen said.
"Having contacts among the other Awakened can be useful."

"Power of Friendship at work there." Serge said with a smirk, getting scarily close to Colin's phone screen and committing the werewolf image to memory.

Anja wrote:The first mission was about getting to know the main character, this young girl who might soon die as she went to a local village and you saw how people pitied and feared her and yet she was full of love for life.
"I love this game it is a bit sad but at the same time it celebrate life."
Kyle commented.
"It have such a good story."

"Looks good so far. Loving life is an important lesson and one I think a lot of people need to be reminded of." Serge said with a nod, "Make sure to talk to everyone in the village. There's always little hidden things people miss cause they rush past the starting zone."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 16 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 13, 2020 10:46 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Power of Friendship at work there." Serge said with a smirk, getting scarily close to Colin's phone screen and committing the werewolf image to memory.

"Now I get this mental image of a bunch of various types of Awakened forming a Marvel or DC style superhero squad."
Kyle said with a chuckle.
"Yeah...for that will end well."
Stephen commented dryly.
"The idea is amusing though."

"Looks good so far. Loving life is an important lesson and one I think a lot of people need to be reminded of." Serge said with a nod, "Make sure to talk to everyone in the village. There's always little hidden things people miss cause they rush past the starting zone."

"I will do so Sir you get some items and some information by talking with everyone in town."
Kyle confirmed.
"Also had it not been nice if it was like this in the real world that if someone only had a short time left to live they suddenly got magick, regardless of whatever or not they had any before, so they could make their dreams real before the end. I mean it would be sad, but also nice."
The widderslainte commented.
"It would but I suspect many would use it to take revenge for past grudges and such."
Stephen said practically.
"Sush...you are ruining things."
Kyle replied with mock sternness in his voice.
"They would use it to re connect to estranged family members, go flying and learn languages real fast so they could read their favorite novel in the original language, things like that."
"And blasting the cow that ruined their marriage with fireballs..."
"Ehm...well...yes...I guess but I hope they would use it for nice things..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 13, 2020 11:00 am

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:"That sounds practical Sir, having some allies spread around is always a good idea."
Stephen said.
"Having contacts among the other Awakened can be useful."
S7trif3 wrote:"Power of Friendship at work there." Serge said with a smirk, getting scarily close to Colin's phone screen and committing the werewolf image to memory.
Anja wrote:"Now I get this mental image of a bunch of various types of Awakened forming a Marvel or DC style superhero squad."
Stephen commented dryly.
Colin smirked, "Networking is always a good strategy. Friendship, though... Some might say it's about 20% cooler."

Anja wrote:"He looks cool but I would not want to end up on his bad side."
Stephen muttered.
He grinned, "Quite so. Now, try to imagine how incredibly safe all the kids under his care in the hospital are. Dr. Acevedo is the leader of his Pack; if one of 'his' children is threatened, or abducted, or badly hurt, I would bet a fair amount of silver that someone would be made to regret their actions."

[Ritual Room 3]
Anja wrote:"That could have created a sense of gratitude yes even if the way it happened was horrible."
The lich agreed.
"Though it did not seam the woman much minded her contract."
He nodded, "She might not have had the luxury of expressing regret... The child she'll become told me she remembered being owned... and that she never wants to be owned again, because it was... not pleasant. Well, more accurately, her Avatar remembered, and told her to ask for me, to give me this information."

Anja wrote:"It could be this widderslainte child will one day decide to go back to her old ways and she then want revenge, but we have dealt with Nephandi before, and it is something we can deal with if it happens Sodalis."
The Tytalus replied.
He nodded, "That is possible. Or we could manage to help her Mentor guide her back to the Light. I would much prefer that timeline."

Anja wrote:"Let us hope that is not the case at least Mr Wainwright though it have happened that mortals have become Paradox spirits it is not a path I would recommend."
Crexia said and she raised an eyebrow again.
He smiled thinly, "I'd rather not end up on that path, no; I just said there'd be a symmetry to it if that happened. But I would rather patch around the holes I make in the Weave in this life, than get stuck sorting them out throughout all eternity in another..."

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back that said.
"Yeah sure I guess you are right my friend but you are still rather confusing. Well take care I need to get back to my patients I just wanted to let you know about Mina."
He typed back, 'Thank you. And if Serge asks, don't let him know what her condition was. Don't let him see her. It'd break his heart.'

Anja wrote:"It is possible, I was so angry and scared, the pain of the ritual was...horrible I remember the screams of my host...my own screams, his ghost would be very angry indeed. However we was never Nephandi, we made pacts with darker beings for power we did nto walk the Path of Screams."
Imir replied firmly.
"It is possible I am among these ghosts and yes I would be willing to help end the threat no matter the cost I was always loyal to the Traditions, I did not deserve what happened to me!"
The man's voice was full of bitterness.
He smiled thinly, "I believe the specific definitions of Infernalism in the Order have been changed since, and the punishment has been lightened, too. I agree you needed some... correction for your choices, perhaps, depending on what you bargained with, but not... that. We were one of the few people who truly needed to face that ritual, and it's all we can do for now to ease the suffering it causes, save by being there for the victims in their last hour... Since we're sitting here, anyway, is there anyone still alive you might want to pass along a message to, that you can think of? A relative, or acquaintance who might appreciate a bit of advice from the other side?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 13, 2020 11:30 am

[Kyle's Room]

Colin smirked, "Networking is always a good strategy. Friendship, though... Some might say it's about 20% cooler."

"Well making friends can be a good thing yeah and knowing folks there and there is useful Sir."
Stephen agreed.

He grinned, "Quite so. Now, try to imagine how incredibly safe all the kids under his care in the hospital are. Dr. Acevedo is the leader of his Pack; if one of 'his' children is threatened, or abducted, or badly hurt, I would bet a fair amount of silver that someone would be made to regret their actions."

"Yeah I bet no one get to mess with his kids, I mean you would not want to make someone that can turn into a seven foot mass of teeth and claws angry at you."
Kyle agreed.
"Well in this case I guess a parent can not reassure their kids the doctor don't bite though, for he looks like he do indeed bite."
Stephen chimed in.

[Ritual Room 3]

He nodded, "She might not have had the luxury of expressing regret... The child she'll become told me she remembered being owned... and that she never wants to be owned again, because it was... not pleasant. Well, more accurately, her Avatar remembered, and told her to ask for me, to give me this information."

"Hum...well perhaps her Avatar was less accepting of the deal she had made than Mine herself was...in either case I hope the little girl she become in the future have no thoughts of revenge and that she can live a good life...and that she don't remember to much of her former incarnation's end..."

He nodded, "That is possible. Or we could manage to help her Mentor guide her back to the Light. I would much prefer that timeline."

"I hope the same Mr Wainwright but we must be prepared for less pleasant options."
The ancient Tytalus replied.

He smiled thinly, "I'd rather not end up on that path, no; I just said there'd be a symmetry to it if that happened. But I would rather patch around the holes I make in the Weave in this life, than get stuck sorting them out throughout all eternity in another..."

"I can also see...the symmetry of such a...fate Mr Wainwright, it is not impossible but let us hope that is not the case for it would not be a kind fate."
Crexia said with a deep frown.
"Well it is a problem for another day."

[Node Chamber]

He typed back, 'Thank you. And if Serge asks, don't let him know what her condition was. Don't let him see her. It'd break his heart.'

You got a reply back that said.
"I will not tell him, and I have asked Adeptus Mar to help me get rid of Mina's body, I am sorry I could not help her, but perhaps what happened was the kindest, I would hate for her to be sent to Horizon after all she have already been made to endure."

He smiled thinly, "I believe the specific definitions of Infernalism in the Order have been changed since, and the punishment has been lightened, too. I agree you needed some... correction for your choices, perhaps, depending on what you bargained with, but not... that. We were one of the few people who truly needed to face that ritual, and it's all we can do for now to ease the suffering it causes, save by being there for the victims in their last hour...

"The definition I believe have not changed much, I will not deal with demons the Code say they ahve just added more but over time perhaps the punishment for the kind of infernalism I did...have lessened, not hat it helps me much. I did favors and services for...darker things in exchange for power, I did not accept jobs that involved harming anyone..."
The shard said bitterly.
"But you do a kindness...offering a bit of comfort to those who face the same, there was no one there for me when my host was put through the ritual, we was a lone with the pain, the fear and the screams..."

Since we're sitting here, anyway, is there anyone still alive you might want to pass along a message to, that you can think of? A relative, or acquaintance who might appreciate a bit of advice from the other side?"

"Every one I knew turned against me when I was arrested for infernalism, I have no one...if only they had not found the altar I had constructed in my Sancum...perhaps such a fate could have been avoided."
The shard said sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 13, 2020 12:35 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:"Yeah I bet no one get to mess with his kids, I mean you would not want to make someone that can turn into a seven foot mass of teeth and claws angry at you."
Kyle agreed.
"Well in this case I guess a parent can not reassure their kids the doctor don't bite though, for he looks like he do indeed bite."
Stephen chimed in.
Colin grinned, "Yes, well, I'm quite certain he won't bite children."

[Ritual Room 3]
Anja wrote:"Hum...well perhaps her Avatar was less accepting of the deal she had made than Mine herself was...in either case I hope the little girl she become in the future have no thoughts of revenge and that she can live a good life...and that she don't remember to much of her former incarnation's end..."
He nodded, "I think, perhaps, she remembered freedom at the end, but nothing more... substantial than that."

Anja wrote:"I can also see...the symmetry of such a...fate Mr Wainwright, it is not impossible but let us hope that is not the case for it would not be a kind fate."
Crexia said with a deep frown.
"Well it is a problem for another day."
He sighed, "Preferably, that's not a problem for any day at all..."

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back that said.
"I will not tell him, and I have asked Adeptus Mar to help me get rid of Mina's body, I am sorry I could not help her, but perhaps what happened was the kindest, I would hate for her to be sent to Horizon after all she have already been made to endure."
He frowned, 'Please make sure a few respectful words are spoken at the arrangements. It won't hurt to make the passage a little easier...'

Anja wrote:"The definition I believe have not changed much, I will not deal with demons the Code say they ahve just added more but over time perhaps the punishment for the kind of infernalism I did...have lessened, not hat it helps me much. I did favors and services for...darker things in exchange for power, I did not accept jobs that involved harming anyone..."
The shard said bitterly.
"But you do a kindness...offering a bit of comfort to those who face the same, there was no one there for me when my host was put through the ritual, we was a lone with the pain, the fear and the screams..."
He frowned, 'We were all alone with the pain, in the end... and favours and services that don't involve harming anyone are the most dangerous kind. All sorts of malicious and fiendish beings use those, because the harm you don't see won't make you question your actions, regardless of whether that harm occurs an hour later, a week later, a year later, or even centuries... those things play a much longer game than mortal minds can usually fathom, and who knows what convoluted puzzles they put into place with a small, harmless favour here and there?'

Anja wrote:"Every one I knew turned against me when I was arrested for infernalism, I have no one...if only they had not found the altar I had constructed in my Sancum...perhaps such a fate could have been avoided."
The shard said sadly.
He nodded, 'So it is, then. Perhaps your fate could have been avoided... or perhaps it would have been merely delayed. Hard to say with such a slippery slope. Heh, our own charges of Infernalism were refuted back then, but there is an irony in that in this life, I have dealt with what would certainly pass as gods on either side, both unknowingly, accidentally, and deliberately. Never for personal gain, though... that always comes with a price too high, one way or the other...'
He sighed, 'You know, some pretty dark days are in store for your old House... there'll be a reckoning, from the top down, most likely. What are your thoughts on being part of that like this?'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 13, 2020 1:05 pm

[Kyle's Room]

olin grinned, "Yes, well, I'm quite certain he won't bite children."

"No but if someone harms children, I bet he can just eat them."
Kyle commented.

[Ritual Room 3]

He nodded, "I think, perhaps, she remembered freedom at the end, but nothing more... substantial than that."

"That is for the best...poor child."
Crexia said.
"It would be horrible if she remembered the pain at the end."

He sighed, "Preferably, that's not a problem for any day at all..."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright hopefully it will not be a problem to be dealt with at all."
The Tytalus agreed but she had given you a closer look, all the same, making a note in her little leather notebook.

[Node Chamber]

He frowned, 'Please make sure a few respectful words are spoken at the arrangements. It won't hurt to make the passage a little easier...'

"I am not ordained but I am well versed in several Buddhist funeral rites, unless you think she would object."
You got as a reply from Richard.

He frowned, 'We were all alone with the pain, in the end... and favours and services that don't involve harming anyone are the most dangerous kind. All sorts of malicious and fiendish beings use those, because the harm you don't see won't make you question your actions, regardless of whether that harm occurs an hour later, a week later, a year later, or even centuries... those things play a much longer game than mortal minds can usually fathom, and who knows what convoluted puzzles they put into place with a small, harmless favour here and there?'

"You sound like the man who prosecuted me. I have never asked anything major, my main contract for example was for the creation of a green, marble altar that could service as a portal to a Regio, how could that be an issue..."
The shard asked.
"I only did the forces I worked with little favors and what they gave me was impressive, allowing me far greater powers than I otherwise would have had."
He added proudly.
"Yes alone...all alone with the pain...all alone..."
The shard muttered sadly.
"I could not protect my host."

He nodded, 'So it is, then. Perhaps your fate could have been avoided... or perhaps it would have been merely delayed. Hard to say with such a slippery slope. Heh, our own charges of Infernalism were refuted back then, but there is an irony in that in this life, I have dealt with what would certainly pass as gods on either side, both unknowingly, accidentally, and deliberately. Never for personal gain, though... that always comes with a price too high, one way or the other...'

"Gods or demons it is all the same to me as long as they can bring me power...I tell Mia we should seek out more shards, become more powerful...but she says it will all come with time, she will not let me gain power as fast as I want to."
The shard complained.

He sighed, 'You know, some pretty dark days are in store for your old House... there'll be a reckoning, from the top down, most likely. What are your thoughts on being part of that like this?'

"It matters little my House thrive on adversity and conflict it will return stronger it always do, and besides I am part of you now so we walk the path you have decided."
Joseph replied with a shrug.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 13, 2020 2:05 pm

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:"I am not ordained but I am well versed in several Buddhist funeral rites, unless you think she would object."
You got as a reply from Richard.
Colin hesitated briefly before responding, 'I think the words are less important than the sentiment.'

Anja wrote:"You sound like the man who prosecuted me. I have never asked anything major, my main contract for example was for the creation of a green, marble altar that could service as a portal to a Regio, how could that be an issue..."
The shard asked.
"I only did the forces I worked with little favors and what they gave me was impressive, allowing me far greater powers than I otherwise would have had."
He added proudly.
"Yes alone...all alone with the pain...all alone..."
The shard muttered sadly.
"I could not protect my host."
Had Colin been using his normal voice at this point, he might have choked and sputtered, 'A green marble... the Labyrinth we're going to strike later has precisely such an altar as a secret back door, opened by killing someone on it, or immediately adjacent to it! I'd not be surprised if it were the same bloody altar... I don't suppose you have a, er, spare key to it, so a life would not be required?'

Anja wrote:"Gods or demons it is all the same to me as long as they can bring me power...I tell Mia we should seek out more shards, become more powerful...but she says it will all come with time, she will not let me gain power as fast as I want to."
The shard complained.
He smiled thinly, 'Mia has a little more wisdom than you in this matter, I think... I am the end of the road for so many Avatars as it is; rushing it at this point would likely be... dangerous. You wouldn't want to endanger your precious host's ability to use power, for the chance of a little more power, would you?'

Anja wrote:"It matters little my House thrive on adversity and conflict it will return stronger it always do, and besides I am part of you now so we walk the path you have decided."
Joseph replied with a shrug.
He nodded, 'The Order will endure, as it always has... and House Tytalus will likely fare better than, say, House Janissary... whatever dark secrets we expose.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 13, 2020 2:23 pm

[Node Chamber]

Colin hesitated briefly before responding, 'I think the words are less important than the sentiment.'

"Then I will do what I can to give her a short but worthy funeral before Adeptus Mar burn her body."
Was the reply from Richard.

Had Colin been using his normal voice at this point, he might have choked and sputtered, 'A green marble... the Labyrinth we're going to strike later has precisely such an altar as a secret back door, opened by killing someone on it, or immediately adjacent to it! I'd not be surprised if it were the same bloody altar... I don't suppose you have a, er, spare key to it, so a life would not be required?'

"I do not, a life have to be sacrificed, and with the intention of giving the life such ended to the being the altar was dedicated to. I never used it though, I just created it."
The shard replied.
"I wish I had not, it was finding it in my Sanctum that condemned me all those years ago."

He smiled thinly, 'Mia has a little more wisdom than you in this matter, I think... I am the end of the road for so many Avatars as it is; rushing it at this point would likely be... dangerous. You wouldn't want to endanger your precious host's ability to use power, for the chance of a little more power, would you?'

Joseph hesitated.
"Yes well attaining power is often dangerous and fortune favors the bold but no I would not want to risk my host's ability to use magick..."

He nodded, 'The Order will endure, as it always has... and House Tytalus will likely fare better than, say, House Janissary... whatever dark secrets we expose.

"I fear I have no knowledge of the Janissary, they was not yet a Hermetic House bu the time I met my end."
Joseph replied simply.
"But House Tytalus will rise again from any adversity and become stronger."
He sounded a bit defeated at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 13, 2020 2:39 pm

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:"I do not, a life have to be sacrificed, and with the intention of giving the life such ended to the being the altar was dedicated to. I never used it though, I just created it."
The shard replied.
"I wish I had not, it was finding it in my Sanctum that condemned me all those years ago."
Colin frowned, 'I'd assume it was confiscated back then, yet now it is in the hands of the Fallen... or so it seems. If there ever was proof of corruption back home, well...'

Anja wrote:Joseph hesitated.
"Yes well attaining power is often dangerous and fortune favors the bold but no I would not want to risk my host's ability to use magick..."
He nodded, 'Also, when there are no seeming upper limit, there is no need to rush it... remember, each fragment has seen all the pain that you have, too... there's no joy in it for me to find more pieces, not knowing why they are pieces...'

Anja wrote:"I fear I have no knowledge of the Janissary, they was not yet a Hermetic House bu the time I met my end."
Joseph replied simply.
"But House Tytalus will rise again from any adversity and become stronger."
He sounded a bit defeated at that.
He smiled thinly, 'Yes, stronger... and hopefully, a cleaner House, too. For a House focused on taking the hard road, there seems to be a lot of shortcuts taken...'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 13, 2020 3:02 pm

[Node Chamber]

Colin frowned, 'I'd assume it was confiscated back then, yet now it is in the hands of the Fallen... or so it seems. If there ever was proof of corruption back home, well...'

"Yes the altar and everything else in my Sanctum was confiscated though the non corrupted items was returned to my heirs, my three apprentices once they had properly shown that they had no loyalty left for me."
Joseph said bitterly.
"Well their way to survive I guess. Beyond that I don't know what happened to the altar only that my...ehm...employer was most adamant that it be built."

He nodded, 'Also, when there are no seeming upper limit, there is no need to rush it... remember, each fragment has seen all the pain that you have, too... there's no joy in it for me to find more pieces, not knowing why they are pieces...'

"No I guess there is time and yes each of the shards screams, all of them have suffered pain, loss and the loss of their Host, I feel all of their pain as they feel mine, there are little joy in a cluster of shards but at least in a focused cluster we are not doomed to wander aimlessly."
The shard said softly.

He smiled thinly, 'Yes, stronger... and hopefully, a cleaner House, too. For a House focused on taking the hard road, there seems to be a lot of shortcuts taken...'

"Touche...I...can not deny that. Perhaps it is due to our House always pushing forward, and the fear that we might fall behind unless we are always at our best, and for some of us that means...cheating."
Joseph agreed reluctantly.
"Then again cheating is also a way to get forwards. Of the Necrmancer's apprentices Tremere always sought power to an end, knowing conflict could and probably would be a part of the road to that goal, while Tytalus sought conflict and power for the sake of conflict as it was believed to be the only way to grow. Their little sister had the balance between them, but she is seldom remembered, and while she to founded a House she was never named among the twelve."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 13, 2020 3:09 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Oooh... is this one of them new "Pentium" computers I've been hearing all about?' Nicole quipped faux-excitedly, checking the desk to make sure it was a desk and not an altar. 'You think the Adepts will want it?'

'Oh, keep an eye out for anything so old it still uses tubes. Them things are getting to be like hen's teeth.'

[Shall we do 'fast searching' unless you'd like to see the various sarcastic quips Nick makes on each room?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 13, 2020 3:23 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

'Oooh... is this one of them new "Pentium" computers I've been hearing all about?' Nicole quipped faux-excitedly, checking the desk to make sure it was a desk and not an altar. 'You think the Adepts will want it?'

"I am not sure some of the Adepts know this old computers exist but yeah I suspect they will want to find out what is on the tiny little hard drive it have."
Fran replied with a chuckle.
"Just in case it contains the all you need to know about our evil plan.doc file."

'Oh, keep an eye out for anything so old it still uses tubes. Them things are getting to be like hen's teeth.'

"Yeah I know I have been trying to find some nice ones for a hat I am making."
The Euthanathos replied.
"Well...I think our people will want the data in here on the computer and in the shelves, but let us just mark this as a room with things we want and move on perhaps?"
She asked as she looked around.

(OOC: I am planning to but let us get her out of this room first.)
(OOC 2: Saturn is about to go into retrograde and all the Nephandi are all noooo this will mess up our destroying shit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 13, 2020 3:30 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Not sure if they used this room...' Nicole replied, shining her red light around the room.

Anja's Post:

'Well, I want them for my arm. So think I get first dibs, me.' the Etherite replied. 'Anyways, can't you use dead ones?'

Anja's Post:

'You know the drill. Clear location, then go shopping.'

[That's fine. Just wanted to let you know I wasn't expecting you to describe say 20 near empty rooms...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 13, 2020 4:24 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

'Not sure if they used this room...' Nicole replied, shining her red light around the room.

"Yeah...there is a good chance they don't, but just to be sure we should have our guys look into what is here."
Fran replied.

'Well, I want them for my arm. So think I get first dibs, me.' the Etherite replied. 'Anyways, can't you use dead ones?'

"Yes you do, need before greed, and I can use dead ones it is just the look I am going for but dead ones are harder to find on ebay. I have a big in on a old amplifier though, it is not working but the tubes might, or at least some of them, the seller don't want much mroe it either."
The Euthanathos said.
"I will let you know if I get it and you can get what you want if anything is working before I turn the rest into pretties."

'You know the drill. Clear location, then go shopping.'

The others nodded. What followed was tedious work, you checked several bed rooms, examination room, five classrooms and a few empty store rooms, none of which had much of interest, but then as you stopped before another door, at the end of another long, worn corridor you heard movement inside, this was the last door to check on the second floor, the stairs to the third was right next to it.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed May 13, 2020 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 13, 2020 5:38 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Now I get this mental image of a bunch of various types of Awakened forming a Marvel or DC style superhero squad."
Stephen commented dryly.

"We already have multi-tradition cabals. I feel like multi-awakened cabals could work." he said amusingly.

Colin wrote:Colin smirked, "Networking is always a good strategy. Friendship, though... Some might say it's about 20% cooler."

Serge mood immediately soured on the mention of the word 'Networking', "Yeah, definitely prefer friendship.

Anja wrote:"I will do so Sir you get some items and some information by talking with everyone in town."
Kyle confirmed.
"Also had it not been nice if it was like this in the real world that if someone only had a short time left to live they suddenly got magick, regardless of whatever or not they had any before, so they could make their dreams real before the end. I mean it would be sad, but also nice."
The widderslainte commented.
"It would but I suspect many would use it to take revenge for past grudges and such."
Stephen said practically.
"Sush...you are ruining things."
Kyle replied with mock sternness in his voice.
"They would use it to re connect to estranged family members, go flying and learn languages real fast so they could read their favorite novel in the original language, things like that."
"And blasting the cow that ruined their marriage with fireballs..."
"Ehm...well...yes...I guess but I hope they would use it for nice things..."

"I like to think there's more good in people then there is bad." Serge mused, "Why are we limiting it to only people with a short time left to live? I've always felt that the world would be a helluva lot cooler if everyone got some form of magick. Everyone's dreams should have a chance to come true. Also paradox wouldn't fuck us over all the time."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 13, 2020 5:56 pm

[Kyle's Room]

"We already have multi-tradition cabals. I feel like multi-awakened cabals could work." he said amusingly.

"I am not sure you get to call it a Cabal but I have heard of a group in Newcastle where two mages, a werewolf, two Massassa and a wercat works together and live together in some sort of strange little Chantry after they escaped from the Society of Leopold together."
Stephen said.
"So that is sort of like a mixed Cabal."

"I like to think there's more good in people then there is bad." Serge mused, "Why are we limiting it to only people with a short time left to live? I've always felt that the world would be a helluva lot cooler if everyone got some form of magick. Everyone's dreams should have a chance to come true. Also paradox wouldn't fuck us over all the time."

"While I have to point out that there would be chaos, and that society would need new laws and that many would use their newfound magick to do horrible things, if the sleepers suddenly Awakened there would be allot of deaths there would be a terrible price for such a development. I can not really fault your logic here though, the only way we can have the mythic age back and not end up as before with the mages oppressing the sleepers is if everyone had magick, this would also ensure we no longer have to worry about Paradox and many horrible things would be all but eliminated...aging, sickness, all of these things could be just gone...some groups do feel that what we need to aim for in order to ensure a good end to the Ascension War is to Awaken the sleepers. Like I said it would not all be cotton candy and kittens, it would be bloody chaos, but it might be a better solution in the end."
Stephen said after some consideration and Kyle nodded.
"Magick is a great thing, everyone should get to use it, it is to great a thing to reserve for just the few lucky ones who somehow find it."
The younger Falmbeau agreed with a nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 13, 2020 6:14 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"I am not sure you get to call it a Cabal but I have heard of a group in Newcastle where two mages, a werewolf, two Massassa and a wercat works together and live together in some sort of strange little Chantry after they escaped from the Society of Leopold together."
Stephen said.
"So that is sort of like a mixed Cabal."

"So it's already happen. Neat." he said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"While I have to point out that there would be chaos, and that society would need new laws and that many would use their newfound magick to do horrible things, if the sleepers suddenly Awakened there would be allot of deaths there would be a terrible price for such a development. I can not really fault your logic here though, the only way we can have the mythic age back and not end up as before with the mages oppressing the sleepers is if everyone had magick, this would also ensure we no longer have to worry about Paradox and many horrible things would be all but eliminated...aging, sickness, all of these things could be just gone...some groups do feel that what we need to aim for in order to ensure a good end to the Ascension War is to Awaken the sleepers. Like I said it would not all be cotton candy and kittens, it would be bloody chaos, but it might be a better solution in the end."
Stephen said after some consideration and Kyle nodded.
"Magick is a great thing, everyone should get to use it, it is to great a thing to reserve for just the few lucky ones who somehow find it."
The younger Falmbeau agreed with a nod.

"Chaos at the start would eventually lead to stability in the end. As its always historically done." Serge reasoned, "As much as I like the trope, magick is too great to limit it to only the 'chosen' few. And living in a world where cancer and broken bones could be healed in seconds without worry sounds pretty sweet as well."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 13, 2020 7:49 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:"Well making friends can be a good thing yeah and knowing folks there and there is useful Sir."
Stephen agreed.
Jeremy wrote:Serge mood immediately soured on the mention of the word 'Networking', "Yeah, definitely prefer friendship.
Colin sighed, "Great literary references are lost on you younglings..."

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:"Yes the altar and everything else in my Sanctum was confiscated though the non corrupted items was returned to my heirs, my three apprentices once they had properly shown that they had no loyalty left for me."
Joseph said bitterly.
"Well their way to survive I guess. Beyond that I don't know what happened to the altar only that my...ehm...employer was most adamant that it be built."
He frowned, 'I'm going to have to ask Master Tolle to inquire as to where that altar was placed after your trial. Also... if you only accepted to perform services that wouldn't harm anyone, how would you justify an altar that required a human sacrifice to activate? Seems a bit... disingenuous.'

Anja wrote:"No I guess there is time and yes each of the shards screams, all of them have suffered pain, loss and the loss of their Host, I feel all of their pain as they feel mine, there are little joy in a cluster of shards but at least in a focused cluster we are not doomed to wander aimlessly."
The shard said softly.
He nodded, 'There's a book... well, a series of books. There's an ethos, of sorts; Shared joy is increased, shared sorrow is diminished, thus we refute entropy. Perhaps a part of my role here is to serve as a place of healing for the lost, to help them become whole again, in a new and better form...'

Anja wrote:"Touche...I...can not deny that. Perhaps it is due to our House always pushing forward, and the fear that we might fall behind unless we are always at our best, and for some of us that means...cheating."
Joseph agreed reluctantly.
"Then again cheating is also a way to get forwards. Of the Necrmancer's apprentices Tremere always sought power to an end, knowing conflict could and probably would be a part of the road to that goal, while Tytalus sought conflict and power for the sake of conflict as it was believed to be the only way to grow. Their little sister had the balance between them, but she is seldom remembered, and while she to founded a House she was never named among the twelve."
He sighed, 'Cheating is a lousy way to get forward; you deprive yourself of the most important lesson of the work that way. Perfectly alright in life-and-death struggles on the battlefield, not so much when the one you're truly challenging is yourself... Well, that's really a long philosophical debate we might return to at a later date. Hum, a thirteenth Hermetic Founder? Who was she? I'm admittedly not so strong on Hermetic lore; one of the disadvantages of being an orphan, I suppose, though I'm always eager to learn.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed May 13, 2020 7:56 pm

[Ritual Room 3]

e nodded, "She might not have had the luxury of expressing regret... The child she'll become told me she remembered being owned... and that she never wants to be owned again, because it was... not pleasant. Well, more accurately, her Avatar remembered, and told her to ask for me, to give me this information."
"Hum...well perhaps her Avatar was less accepting of the deal she had made than Mine herself was...in either case I hope the little girl she become in the future have no thoughts of revenge and that she can live a good life...and that she don't remember to much of her former incarnation's end..."

"It is possible the avatar was not pleased with it's host being leashed to such a being."

olin smiled sadly, "I don't know where my path will lead, only that at some point in the future, maybe twenty years from now, maybe centuries, I will... no longer be here. The how and why of it, I can't tell, only that my loved ones will miss me. But i have every ounce of faith in that I will have lived a good, full life until then, and until the time comes, that's one thing I would prefer to leave a mystery. I suspect my path does not end in death. Perhaps it is only my mortality that comes to an end...

"Something seems accumulating over you, heavier toll than dying of old age, amicus."

He nodded, "Owing to the nature of it... I don't think it will come back to bite us. Though I will start making the mint candies Master Steelhaven gave me the recipe for, sooner rather than later, and stock up on white peach blossom tea..."

"You then...but you do realize how important you are to us."

He nodded, "It's a tricky language in its own right. And a game of telephone played by non-speakers does not make it any easier."

He nodded.

"It will be hard to avoid Branding it have happened to most widderslainte who have been spared, it will be painful and traumatic but your brother will recover from that with help and care."
Crexia said softly.
"But it is allot better than the alternative so let us hope Mr Wainwright's vision ring true."

"Yes."

He frowned, then chuckled softly, "Heh, you know, I suppose it is possible I end up becoming a wrinkly old man... that would be a pretty symmetric consequence of all my meddling."

He gaped at him. "If you're trying to ease my worry some you are doing the exact opposite. That your mind leapt to that in the first place is troubling."

Crexia examined the ritual area then she nodded.
"It seams all is in order Sodalis we can begin when you are ready."

He brushed down his hands to get rid of any stray chalk and then positioned himself in the correct area to begin the ritual. "At your direction, ma'am."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 13, 2020 9:09 pm

[Kyle's Room]

"So it's already happen. Neat." he said with a smile.

"Yeah it sort of did."
Stephen confirmed.
"But like I said I am not sure if they can officially call themselves a Cabal."

"Chaos at the start would eventually lead to stability in the end. As its always historically done." Serge reasoned, "As much as I like the trope, magick is too great to limit it to only the 'chosen' few. And living in a world where cancer and broken bones could be healed in seconds without worry sounds pretty sweet as well."

"Remember it would also be living in a world where anyone could kill with a thought, or blow up a block if they thought their husband's mistress was there. Look at guns, now I am not against firearms but their existence come with a cost. I tend to agree more might to be gained by everyone having magick than lost, but it will not be just a little chaos and then all will be fine, it would be turning every man, woman and child into a weapon, powerful weapons at that, millions will die but it might be a better life for the ones who survive."
Stephen said with a sigh.
"And it might be the only way to win this war."

Colin sighed, "Great literary references are lost on you younglings..."

Kyle looked a bit confused.
"What reference is that Sir?"
The young Flambeau asked.

[Node Chamber]

He frowned, 'I'm going to have to ask Master Tolle to inquire as to where that altar was placed after your trial. Also... if you only accepted to perform services that wouldn't harm anyone, how would you justify an altar that required a human sacrifice to activate? Seems a bit... disingenuous.'

"Master Tolle the bastard, he was only an apprentice when I was arrested though."
The shard scoffed.
"Even so he might now. As for the altar, I did not say no harm could come of my services to my employer. However I never said no harm could come of them. I never killed anyone on the altar I just made it."
He said with a shrug.

He nodded, 'There's a book... well, a series of books. There's an ethos, of sorts; Shared joy is increased, shared sorrow is diminished, thus we refute entropy. Perhaps a part of my role here is to serve as a place of healing for the lost, to help them become whole again, in a new and better form...'

"Maybe so, I hope that you can heal some of the shards Colin, finally end some of the screams, I am not sure I understand your book reference though, but yes perhaps some healing can be found, there is a small hope or that at least."
The Tytalus said sadly.
"Small a hope as it might be."

He sighed, 'Cheating is a lousy way to get forward; you deprive yourself of the most important lesson of the work that way. Perfectly alright in life-and-death struggles on the battlefield, not so much when the one you're truly challenging is yourself...

"The life of a member of House Tytalus are a constant battlefield, and one have to get ahead, even if that are by cheating, it never stops, there is always new lessons, new battles new power to attain to stay alive."
The shard replied.

Well, that's really a long philosophical debate we might return to at a later date. Hum, a thirteenth Hermetic Founder? Who was she? I'm admittedly not so strong on Hermetic lore; one of the disadvantages of being an orphan, I suppose, though I'm always eager to learn.'

"Her name was Pralix she was the third apprentice of Guorna the Fetid, originally she joined the Order of Hermes under House Tytalus, but she noticed that there was many magi, willing to join the Order who did nto fit into one of the twelve Houses, and who was either practicing their methods alone or in small groups, so she went to her brother and Tytalus supported her idea for a House of Hey, a House for all those who did not fit anywhere else, and thus House Ex Miscellanea was founded, or rather Pralix founded her own Order outside of the Order of Hermes for those who just did not fit in the rigid House structure, she specialized in understanding unusual and exotic magic systems, they say she had the ability to work any Paradigm she heard of, but when both the Order of Hermes and Pralix's Order was dragged into a battle against a mad but powerful Arab mage the lady was talked into making her Order a House within the Order of Hermes. Today she would have been an Orphan but instead she created one of the biggest Hermetic Houses."
The shard explained.
"She was a amazing woman."

[Ritual Room 3]

"It is possible the avatar was not pleased with it's host being leashed to such a being."

"Yes that is a distinct possibility."
Crexia said with a nod.

"Yes."

"Your Brother will be surrounded by those who love him dearly, he will suffer but he will be cared for until he recovers...I will have to do the same for my new apprentice before long, watch her be Branded and then try to help her get over it...there will be many long nights and many tears Sodalis but your brother will survive and be happy again, eventually."
The Tytalus said softly.

He brushed down his hands to get rid of any stray chalk and then positioned himself in the correct area to begin the ritual. "At your direction, ma'am."

Crexia begun calling Guardians and the Planetary Rulers, this was not her main focus though as such was a fairly new addition to the Hermetic system, then she called out to the Letter Bees, summoning one who could speak for the swarm.
"Oh honored guardians of words, please hear our plea, we wish to share words with you, and make an arrangement between us."
She called and in the distance you started hearing soft buzzing. The calls continued and then before you stood a small spirit of golden yellow and black, a huge bee, cute and fuzzy, when you looked closely her wings was made out of letters and the kinks in her fuzz made up letters as well.
"Your words called us...I speak for the swarm."
The spirit said.
"What words will you share with us?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 13, 2020 9:40 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:Kyle looked a bit confused.
"What reference is that Sir?"
The young Flambeau asked.
Colin chuckled, "The current iteration of My Little Pony is surprisingly cleverly written. A guilty pleasure of mine, perhaps. Though in all honesty, it's not all that guilty."

[Ritual Room 3]
S7trif3 wrote:"Something seems accumulating over you, heavier toll than dying of old age, amicus."
He sighed, "Future me is a busy, busy man, pulling me back and forth through time to get crucial intel to save the very existence of the future, and of existence itself... Some day, I will likely pay a high price for that, but what price would you consider too high for ensuring that all your loved ones have a reality in which to continue existing?"

S7trif3 wrote:"You then...but you do realize how important you are to us."
He smiled warmly, "I do... as you are all important to me. When the time comes, my son, focus on what we accomplished, and not on my absence..."

Anja wrote:"Your Brother will be surrounded by those who love him dearly, he will suffer but he will be cared for until he recovers...I will have to do the same for my new apprentice before long, watch her be Branded and then try to help her get over it...there will be many long nights and many tears Sodalis but your brother will survive and be happy again, eventually."
The Tytalus said softly.
He nodded, "And Kyle does have the advantage of knowing he has loved one waiting here for his return; that should be a greatly motivating factor for his recovery."

S7trif3 wrote:He gaped at him. "If you're trying to ease my worry some you are doing the exact opposite. That your mind leapt to that in the first place is troubling."
He shook his head, "Not so much a leap, as one of many possible, if unpleasant, outcomes. I do not think that will be my fate; buggering off through all of time and space as a Marauder in a blue box seems somewhat more likely... though that, too, is an outcome I'd prefer not to be the case. Most likely, though, I suspect that whatever is waiting at the end of the road will be something unprecedented; Mia's potential for growth is possibly infinite, and there's only so much power a person can contain before they're no longer mortal... or even entirely human. I might someday simply... break a limit that can never be unbroken."

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:"Master Tolle the bastard, he was only an apprentice when I was arrested though."
The shard scoffed.
"Even so he might now. As for the altar, I did not say no harm could come of my services to my employer. However I never said no harm could come of them. I never killed anyone on the altar I just made it."
He said with a shrug.
He smiled wryly, 'Master Tolle is... a very fixed man. The particular honorific, though, is usually used for the head of your House these days, the most honourable and beloved Seat of Forces. And there are some moral and philosophical debates as to whether the man who made a murder weapon carries some of the guilt for the murder.'

Anja wrote:"Maybe so, I hope that you can heal some of the shards Colin, finally end some of the screams, I am not sure I understand your book reference though, but yes perhaps some healing can be found, there is a small hope or that at least."
The Tytalus said sadly.
"Small a hope as it might be."
He smiled, 'The quote simply means that people who share their joy tend to experience greater joy through the sharing, as more people share in it, while those who share their sorrows with others find some catharsis in having a shoulder to cry on, and helping that happen makes the world a little better each day. You don't have to create a tsunami on the first day, just keep making tiny little ripples, and eventually the great wave will come...'

Anja wrote:"Her name was Pralix she was the third apprentice of Guorna the Fetid, originally she joined the Order of Hermes under House Tytalus, but she noticed that there was many magi, willing to join the Order who did nto fit into one of the twelve Houses, and who was either practicing their methods alone or in small groups, so she went to her brother and Tytalus supported her idea for a House of Hey, a House for all those who did not fit anywhere else, and thus House Ex Miscellanea was founded, or rather Pralix founded her own Order outside of the Order of Hermes for those who just did not fit in the rigid House structure, she specialized in understanding unusual and exotic magic systems, they say she had the ability to work any Paradigm she heard of, but when both the Order of Hermes and Pralix's Order was dragged into a battle against a mad but powerful Arab mage the lady was talked into making her Order a House within the Order of Hermes. Today she would have been an Orphan but instead she created one of the biggest Hermetic Houses."
The shard explained.
"She was a amazing woman."
He nodded, 'Ah, House ex Miscellanea, hum... I like her already. And as I'm sure you've picked up by now, I have some similar ideas for an independent House, though one that would be more akin to Tremere's role of diplomat and to an extent peacekeeper... a house of Arbitrators, not beholden to a single Tradition, to help resolve smaller disputes between the Traditions without needing to take things before Enforcers... Well, it's a pretty dream, at least.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 13, 2020 9:46 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Colin wrote:Colin chuckled, "The current iteration of My Little Pony is surprisingly cleverly written. A guilty pleasure of mine, perhaps. Though in all honesty, it's not all that guilty."

"I didn't catch that." Serge said with a chuckle, "But in my defence, I didn't exactly have obscure MLP memes on my mind when speaking to Scarred British veteran."

Anja wrote:"Remember it would also be living in a world where anyone could kill with a thought, or blow up a block if they thought their husband's mistress was there. Look at guns, now I am not against firearms but their existence come with a cost. I tend to agree more might to be gained by everyone having magick than lost, but it will not be just a little chaos and then all will be fine, it would be turning every man, woman and child into a weapon, powerful weapons at that, millions will die but it might be a better life for the ones who survive."
Stephen said with a sigh.
"And it might be the only way to win this war."

"I won't deny that. It's impossible to tell what kind of chaos there would be at the start or how long it would last." Serge said thoughtfully, "But that's depressing to think about, as realistic as it may be. I think it'd be much more interesting conversation to think about the fun aspects of such a modern mythic age world. For instance, I feel like theme parks would get a nice boosts from having magick built into them."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 14, 2020 12:16 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'But dead ones are much easier to find at, like Westchapel. Or my place, now I think of it. And it all depends on what size, function and all that they are too. Which might be hard, 'cos several of mine came from a doomsday siren.'

Anja's Post:

On hearing the movement, Nicole gestured for them to halt, looked to Alicia then scrawled "got anything on radar?" on the wall with her grease-pencil.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 14, 2020 1:17 am

[Ritual Room 3]

He sighed, "Future me is a busy, busy man, pulling me back and forth through time to get crucial intel to save the very existence of the future, and of existence itself... Some day, I will likely pay a high price for that, but what price would you consider too high for ensuring that all your loved ones have a reality in which to continue existing?"

"I hope I don't have to find out. I guess it's not doing any good worrying about it right now, though..."

He smiled warmly, "I do... as you are all important to me. When the time comes, my son, focus on what we accomplished, and not on my absence..."

"I'll try to keep that in mind...until then I expect you around a lot longer and continuing to give me enough grey hairs to give Santa a run for his money. I hope silver fox works for me...that your the vats of hair dye."

"Your Brother will be surrounded by those who love him dearly, he will suffer but he will be cared for until he recovers...I will have to do the same for my new apprentice before long, watch her be Branded and then try to help her get over it...there will be many long nights and many tears Sodalis but your brother will survive and be happy again, eventually."
The Tytalus said softly.
He nodded, "And Kyle does have the advantage of knowing he has loved one waiting here for his return; that should be a greatly motivating factor for his recovery."

"Yes, and I think it could be good to get help with someone familiar with treating spiritual wounds."

He shook his head, "Not so much a leap, as one of many possible, if unpleasant, outcomes. I do not think that will be my fate; buggering off through all of time and space as a Marauder in a blue box seems somewhat more likely... though that, too, is an outcome I'd prefer not to be the case. Most likely, though, I suspect that whatever is waiting at the end of the road will be something unprecedented; Mia's potential for growth is possibly infinite, and there's only so much power a person can contain before they're no longer mortal... or even entirely human. I might someday simply... break a limit that can never be unbroken."

"I really don't want to have to chase you around if you go Marauder, so let's hope for not that..."

"Oh honored guardians of words, please hear our plea, we wish to share words with you, and make an arrangement between us."
She called and in the distance you started hearing soft buzzing. The calls continued and then before you stood a small spirit of golden yellow and black, a huge bee, cute and fuzzy, when you looked closely her wings was made out of letters and the kinks in her fuzz made up letters as well.
"Your words called us...I speak for the swarm."
The spirit said.
"What words will you share with us?"

The biggest bumblebee that he'd ever seen was suddenly standing in front of them, and as he looked closer at her it was as if she had collected bits of letters instead of pollen, and then closer...she was made of them. Cute, but uncanny, and a denizen of somewhere he definitely wanted to visit. "Greetings, friend of letters and words, we thank you for hearing us," he said in Enochian. "We seek help in protecting certain words that belong to our friends from those that may try to use them against them. These name stealers are our enemies, and they destroy when-they-speak. They have taken information and we seek your assistance to protect them. It may be dangerous; we must go to where there are many of them, to rid ourselves of their place of uncreation. But we offer you and your hivemates something in exchange for this duty we ask of you."

// how huge a bee is she? Baseball size? Small cat size?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 14, 2020 5:40 am

[Kyle's Room]

Colin chuckled, "The current iteration of My Little Pony is surprisingly cleverly written. A guilty pleasure of mine, perhaps. Though in all honesty, it's not all that guilty."

"Ah yes off course Sir...I have seen quite a bit of the series but I did not immediately catch your reference anyway."
Kyle replied.

"I didn't catch that." Serge said with a chuckle, "But in my defence, I didn't exactly have obscure MLP memes on my mind when speaking to Scarred British veteran."

"Yeah I did not ever consider that could be what Mr Wainwright was referring to."
Kyle agreed.

"I won't deny that. It's impossible to tell what kind of chaos there would be at the start or how long it would last." Serge said thoughtfully, "But that's depressing to think about, as realistic as it may be. I think it'd be much more interesting conversation to think about the fun aspects of such a modern mythic age world. For instance, I feel like theme parks would get a nice boosts from having magick built into them."

"Ok look at it this way Sir, you have seen the number of mages who use their magick to hurt others, I assume you don't think we are all of a particularly bad lot, now we are about...oh how many Awakened magi are there? Not allot really, imagine how many evil mages there would be with seven billion of us."
Stephen said then he sigh.
"Ah yes let us ignore the cost and just discuss the nice things, because the cost is depressing, nothing bad have ever come from that mind set, let us just focus on the hugs and puppies and ignore the cost."
He said and he shook his head at you.
"Would parks be more interesting, probably, would making everyone Awakened be perhaps the only way to better human kind as a whole and win the War, yes, but to say the cost is to depressing to discuss so let us ignore that and discuss the positive only is dangerous Sir."

[Ritual Room 3]

Crexia sigh at that but she nodded her approval at this statement.

"So he do, and yes that might make him better faster and help keep his courage up when he need it."
The Tytalus agreed.

"I agree it is a possibility Mr Wainwright a most disturbing possibility but yes you one day becoming a Marauder from the Paradox the future you are building up or one day your Avatar developing beyond what a mortal host can contain are more likely fates...and better ones."
Crexia said with a frown.

"Yes, and I think it could be good to get help with someone familiar with treating spiritual wounds."

"Master Telar is the best at what she do Sodalis she will be able to aid the boy."
The ancient lich agreed.

"I really don't want to have to chase you around if you go Marauder, so let's hope for not that..."

"Generally the Traditions leave Marauders alone you know Sodalis, unless they came to this plane of existence and cause trouble, one running around in the Umbra will generally not be bothered...but yes let us hope that is not your Cabal leader's fate non the less."
Crexia replied.

The biggest bumblebee that he'd ever seen was suddenly standing in front of them, and as he looked closer at her it was as if she had collected bits of letters instead of pollen, and then closer...she was made of them. Cute, but uncanny, and a denizen of somewhere he definitely wanted to visit. "Greetings, friend of letters and words, we thank you for hearing us," he said in Enochian. "We seek help in protecting certain words that belong to our friends from those that may try to use them against them. These name stealers are our enemies, and they destroy when-they-speak. They have taken information and we seek your assistance to protect them. It may be dangerous; we must go to where there are many of them, to rid ourselves of their place of uncreation. But we offer you and your hivemates something in exchange for this duty we ask of you."

The bee turned to look at you and her buzzing voice was heard again in her perfect Enochian.
"We protect words, it is what we are, if some of our number perish we can even so not be other than what we are, we can protect words. I do not understand going places and getting rid of, but we are willing to protect."
The small spirit said.
"I do understand the word destroyers, we do not like them, they distrupt our river, the river must flow, words create, we protect this...we protect."
She declared proudly as she landed on your hand and set about cleaning her letter wings with her little letter feet. Her weight was odd, both nothing and that of a heavy conversation.

[Node Chamber]

He smiled wryly, 'Master Tolle is... a very fixed man. The particular honorific, though, is usually used for the head of your House these days, the most honourable and beloved Seat of Forces. And there are some moral and philosophical debates as to whether the man who made a murder weapon carries some of the guilt for the murder.'

"I do not know the man you speak of he must have come into power after my end."
Joseph replied.

He smiled, 'The quote simply means that people who share their joy tend to experience greater joy through the sharing, as more people share in it, while those who share their sorrows with others find some catharsis in having a shoulder to cry on, and helping that happen makes the world a little better each day. You don't have to create a tsunami on the first day, just keep making tiny little ripples, and eventually the great wave will come...'

"I see...well that makes sense I guess."
The shard relied clearly not fully able to grasp the concept.

He nodded, 'Ah, House ex Miscellanea, hum... I like her already. And as I'm sure you've picked up by now, I have some similar ideas for an independent House, though one that would be more akin to Tremere's role of diplomat and to an extent peacekeeper... a house of Arbitrators, not beholden to a single Tradition, to help resolve smaller disputes between the Traditions without needing to take things before Enforcers... Well, it's a pretty dream, at least.'

"I think Tremere and Tytalus sister might agree with the creation of such a house, and it is a pretty dream."
The shard said.
"But to be able to pull something like that off you will need power far more power."

[Abandoned Hospital]

'But dead ones are much easier to find at, like Westchapel. Or my place, now I think of it. And it all depends on what size, function and all that they are too. Which might be hard, 'cos several of mine came from a doomsday siren.'

"Huh...well I guess they might have some yes...I have no idea what a doomsday siren is though or what sizes you would use."
Fran said with a shrug.
"I just think they look cool."

On hearing the movement, Nicole gestured for them to halt, looked to Alicia then scrawled "got anything on radar?" on the wall with her grease-pencil.

Alicia nodded and she showed you the device it showed four sleepers with a little extra inside of the room though it's outlines was a bit fuzzy.

(OOC: I would say the bee is about baseball size.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next