Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 17 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 14, 2020 7:41 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Ok look at it this way Sir, you have seen the number of mages who use their magick to hurt others, I assume you don't think we are all of a particularly bad lot, now we are about...oh how many Awakened magi are there? Not allot really, imagine how many evil mages there would be with seven billion of us."
Stephen said then he sigh.

"Y-yeah? I get it. I...never disagreed with you? When I said its impossible to tell what kind chaos there would be, I was talking about the types of chaos." Serge said with a raised eyebrow, wondering if the young hermetic was just dead set on trying to argue against him.

Anja wrote:"Ah yes let us ignore the cost and just discuss the nice things, because the cost is depressing, nothing bad have ever come from that mind set, let us just focus on the hugs and puppies and ignore the cost."
He said and he shook his head at you.
"Would parks be more interesting, probably, would making everyone Awakened be perhaps the only way to better human kind as a whole and win the War, yes, but to say the cost is to depressing to discuss so let us ignore that and discuss the positive only is dangerous Sir."

"Well it's not like it's gonna happen anytime soon. And I don't know about you, but I don't typically spend time with friends discussing the varying negative socioeconomic ramifications of hypothetical world shattering events." Serge said with a shrug. "I'd rather joke around and think about why we're aiming for such a world in the first place. Wonder if public transportation would be replaced with portals. Imagine the types of video games there would be and how they would incorporate magick into them. What kinda new wacky magickal candy there would be. But if you really want to Stephen, we can discuss the horrifying costs that would happen in this new magickal purge world. Its not like I'm not thinking about those either. Could make for interesting conversation, especially if we just don't just focus on the depravity of man."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 17 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 14, 2020 8:51 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Y-yeah? I get it. I...never disagreed with you? When I said its impossible to tell what kind chaos there would be, I was talking about the types of chaos." Serge said with a raised eyebrow, wondering if the young hermetic was just dead set on trying to argue against him.

"Well there would also be allot more mages to stop those who want to do harm, and I assume the laws would change so we now would have magical police on the streets, and besides these new mages would not suddenly get to be Masters if the sleepers Awaken there would be a period of learning before they could do much."
Kyle said and Stephen said.
"Well yes, that is true, but there would still be chaos."
Kyle nodded at that.
"Yeah doubtlessly, but the change might happen slowly enough for society to be able to keep up."
The younger Hermetic said.
"Possibly...."

"Well it's not like it's gonna happen anytime soon. And I don't know about you, but I don't typically spend time with friends discussing the varying negative socioeconomic ramifications of hypothetical world shattering events." Serge said with a shrug.

"No I suspect you do not Sir, but both you and I are soldiers in armies trying to make such a future come to pass, or at least a future that bring back the mythic age in some way, and as soldiers it is our duty to consider the ramifications of what we are working for."
Stephen replied.

"I'd rather joke around and think about why we're aiming for such a world in the first place. Wonder if public transportation would be replaced with portals. Imagine the types of video games there would be and how they would incorporate magick into them. What kinda new wacky magickal candy there would be. But if you really want to Stephen, we can discuss the horrifying costs that would happen in this new magickal purge world. Its not like I'm not thinking about those either. Could make for interesting conversation, especially if we just don't just focus on the depravity of man."

"I focus on both Sir, it is not like I am declaring magick evil and join the Union. I want the mythic age back and yes I suspect that a earth full of magick would be closer to Horizon where it is a part of everyday life, perhaps even more so if everyone was mages which would be wonderful. I just think it is important to remember the cost. I mean if the guys who made, well any number of wonderful things happen to drive society forward had sat down and thought about the cost, perhaps then they could bring those thing into being with a little less bloodshed."
Stephen said softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 am

[Ritual Room 3]

"Generally the Traditions leave Marauders alone you know Sodalis, unless they came to this plane of existence and cause trouble, one running around in the Umbra will generally not be bothered...but yes let us hope that is not your Cabal leader's fate non the less."
Crexia replied.

"Generally..."

The bee turned to look at you and her buzzing voice was heard again in her perfect Enochian. "We protect words, it is what we are, if some of our number perish we can even so not be other than what we are, we can protect words. I do not understand going places and getting rid of, but we are willing to protect." The small spirit said.

"Good...that is what we  ask of you. To protect. We have the words that are the Names that we ask for you to protect."

"I do understand the word destroyers, we do not like them, they distrupt our river, the river must flow, words create, we protect this...we protect."
She declared proudly as she landed on your hand and set about cleaning her letter wings with her little letter feet. Her weight was odd, both nothing and that of a heavy conversation.

His brows went up at the sensation of the spirit-bee on him and he tilted his hand up a bit so he could look her in the face, approximately. "There is one that makes that unlanguage with us but they are an ally; they are...different from the ones we seek you to protect us from. In another now, because we are not always the same throughout our lives or made perfect as you are, this different one may grow the desire to learn to make words again instead of destroy them. In this now, they are young but choose to fight those other word destroyers with us."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 14, 2020 9:14 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"No I suspect you do not Sir, but both you and I are soldiers in armies trying to make such a future come to pass, or at least a future that bring back the mythic age in some way, and as soldiers it is our duty to consider the ramifications of what we are working for."
Stephen replied.

Serge really wanted to point out that he was the furthest thing to a soldier possible. But he was already on Stephen's last nerve and saying that would probably put the young hermetic over the edge. "That's true. If more soldiers did that a lot of tragedy probably could've been avoided."

Anja wrote:"I focus on both Sir, it is not like I am declaring magick evil and join the Union. I want the mythic age back and yes I suspect that a earth full of magick would be closer to Horizon where it is a part of everyday life, perhaps even more so if everyone was mages which would be wonderful. I just think it is important to remember the cost. I mean if the guys who made, well any number of wonderful things happen to drive society forward had sat down and thought about the cost, perhaps then they could bring those thing into being with a little less bloodshed."
Stephen said softly.

"Well alright then. Let's move away from depravity of man and think about this interesting ramification. Paradox. 7 billion people firing off new found magick would trigger quite a few backlashes. Would we need to change the consensus before this mythical age could occur?" Serge said, hoping the discussion question would be better in engaging Stephen into the conversation without antagonizing himself or the young hermetic.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 14, 2020 10:05 am

[Ritual Room 3]

"Generally..."

"Indeed generally so let us hope the situation never arises."
Crexia said darkly.

"Good...that is what we ask of you. To protect. We have the words that are the Names that we ask for you to protect."

"Speak the words and we will protect them it is our purpose."
The bee spirit buzzed.

His brows went up at the sensation of the spirit-bee on him and he tilted his hand up a bit so he could look her in the face, approximately. "There is one that makes that unlanguage with us but they are an ally; they are...different from the ones we seek you to protect us from. In another now, because we are not always the same throughout our lives or made perfect as you are, this different one may grow the desire to learn to make words again instead of destroy them. In this now, they are young but choose to fight those other word destroyers with us."

"We do not understand, we are words, and we protect words, we can protect the words of your ally but not the un words, those we can not protect as they are not us."
The little bee spirit said seaming a bit confused as she continued to groom herself on your hand.

[Kyle's Room]

Serge really wanted to point out that he was the furthest thing to a soldier possible. But he was already on Stephen's last nerve and saying that would probably put the young hermetic over the edge. "That's true. If more soldiers did that a lot of tragedy probably could've been avoided."

Stephen nodded his agreement to that.
"Yes indeed so."
He agreed approvingly.

"Well alright then. Let's move away from depravity of man and think about this interesting ramification. Paradox. 7 billion people firing off new found magick would trigger quite a few backlashes. Would we need to change the consensus before this mythical age could occur?" Serge said, hoping the discussion question would be better in engaging Stephen into the conversation without antagonizing himself or the young hermetic.

"If everyone was Awakened there would be no Consensus, only sleepers takes part in it so if everyone was mages there would be no Paradox, and reality would be rather malleable, it is likely it would form some consistent whole as human beings usually need that to function but the Consensus as we know it today would cease to exist."
Stephen said.
"But if we are bringing back the mythic age without Awakening everyone then we will need to change the Consensus."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 14, 2020 12:11 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Y'know, them old sirens that our parents were scared of 'cos it meant Washington had decided to nuke the planet? Hmm... wonder what the Chief had planned for that situation...'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded, then began to double-back on herself. Once out of hearing range, she'll halt and look to the team. 'Four targets within the room. Suggestions on how to lure them out of it?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 14, 2020 2:28 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:"Ah yes off course Sir...I have seen quite a bit of the series but I did not immediately catch your reference anyway."
Kyle replied.
Jeremy wrote:"I didn't catch that." Serge said with a chuckle, "But in my defence, I didn't exactly have obscure MLP memes on my mind when speaking to Scarred British veteran."
Anja wrote:"Yeah I did not ever consider that could be what Mr Wainwright was referring to."
Kyle agreed.
Colin chuckled, "And to think, the man who suggested the show to me is a veteran Army Ranger... Seems the show's gained something of a following in the armed forces, both active and retired."

[Ritual Room 3]
Anja wrote:Crexia sigh at that but she nodded her approval at this statement.
S7trif3 wrote:"I hope I don't have to find out. I guess it's not doing any good worrying about it right now, though..."
He nodded, "Very much so."

S7trif3 wrote:"I'll try to keep that in mind...until then I expect you around a lot longer and continuing to give me enough grey hairs to give Santa a run for his money. I hope silver fox works for me...that your the vats of hair dye."
He grinned, "You've certainly got the features for a dashing silver fox. Though you might want to try to cultivate more of a streak at the temples, rather than a full head of silver, just for starters. How is the tonic working out, by the way?"

Anja wrote:"So he do, and yes that might make him better faster and help keep his courage up when he need it."
The Tytalus agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, and I think it could be good to get help with someone familiar with treating spiritual wounds."
Anja wrote:"Master Telar is the best at what she do Sodalis she will be able to aid the boy."
The ancient lich agreed.
He nodded, "Oh, and we should check if the Verbena clinic have put the ephemeral analgesic incense into full production yet - I'd assume Master Nassa has provided them the formula, but who knows if they've had the time to stockpile enough yet..."

Anja wrote:"I agree it is a possibility Mr Wainwright a most disturbing possibility but yes you one day becoming a Marauder from the Paradox the future you are building up or one day your Avatar developing beyond what a mortal host can contain are more likely fates...and better ones."
Crexia said with a frown.
S7trif3 wrote:"I really don't want to have to chase you around if you go Marauder, so let's hope for not that..."
Anja wrote:"Generally the Traditions leave Marauders alone you know Sodalis, unless they came to this plane of existence and cause trouble, one running around in the Umbra will generally not be bothered...but yes let us hope that is not your Cabal leader's fate non the less."
Crexia replied.
S7trif3 wrote:"Generally..."
Anja wrote:"Indeed generally so let us hope the situation never arises."
Crexia said darkly.
He smiled wryly, "I don't know that literally becoming a mad man in a blue box is a much more desirable outcome, considering the way I would quite literally be dragged into all the worst crises in all of time and space, and a lot of dangerous adventures in-between, but if that truly is what inevitably awaits me at the end of the line, I guess I'll have to take it..."

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:"I think Tremere and Tytalus sister might agree with the creation of such a house, and it is a pretty dream."
The shard said.
"But to be able to pull something like that off you will need power far more power."
He grinned, 'There's power, and then there's power. I won't need all that much personal, direct power, if I have managed to attain the support of individuals who do possess that. There are a few people I can think of that I might be able to convince to sponsor my idea, across the Traditions.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 14, 2020 3:04 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Colin chuckled, "And to think, the man who suggested the show to me is a veteran Army Ranger... Seems the show's gained something of a following in the armed forces, both active and retired."

"I can not say it is my favorite show Sir, but I still enjoy it quite a bit."
Kyle said with a smile.
"It is pretty fun."

[Ritual Room 3]

He nodded, "Oh, and we should check if the Verbena clinic have put the ephemeral analgesic incense into full production yet - I'd assume Master Nassa has provided them the formula, but who knows if they've had the time to stockpile enough yet..."

"We might want to check if the incense are available at the clinic yes, I will have to do so as well before my own apprentice are Branded, I doubt they will let such means be used during the punishment but after it is done it can help with healing and make the newly Branded one far more comfortable."
The Tytalus agreed.

He smiled wryly, "I don't know that literally becoming a mad man in a blue box is a much more desirable outcome, considering the way I would quite literally be dragged into all the worst crises in all of time and space, and a lot of dangerous adventures in-between, but if that truly is what inevitably awaits me at the end of the line, I guess I'll have to take it..."

"Is becoming a Marauder desierable...no, but is it better than becoming a Paradox Spirit...the most fared Paradox spirit yes absolutely is is better than that. And the thing is you can not assume you will act like a character in some TV show even if you become a time traveling Marauder Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and she raised an eyebrow.

[Node Chamber]

He grinned, 'There's power, and then there's power. I won't need all that much personal, direct power, if I have managed to attain the support of individuals who do possess that. There are a few people I can think of that I might be able to convince to sponsor my idea, across the Traditions.'

"Social power is good, I approve of that but raw, personal power, the power to crush your enemies are better."
The shard declared.
"With enough power no one will dare oppose us!"

[Abandoned Hospital]

'Y'know, them old sirens that our parents were scared of 'cos it meant Washington had decided to nuke the planet? Hmm... wonder what the Chief had planned for that situation...'

"I don't know he would probably eat the blast or something, he can create a atomic blast so who knows."
Fran said with a shrug.
"I think I know what sirens you speak of I did not know there where radio tubes in them though."

Nicole nodded, then began to double-back on herself. Once out of hearing range, she'll halt and look to the team. 'Four targets within the room. Suggestions on how to lure them out of it?'

"What if we make some noise further down the corridor and see if they come out to check it out?"
Fran suggested in a whisper.
"We might get a few of them to come out at least."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 14, 2020 4:03 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"If everyone was Awakened there would be no Consensus, only sleepers takes part in it so if everyone was mages there would be no Paradox, and reality would be rather malleable, it is likely it would form some consistent whole as human beings usually need that to function but the Consensus as we know it today would cease to exist."
Stephen said.
"But if we are bringing back the mythic age without Awakening everyone then we will need to change the Consensus."

"Now that's certainly an optimistic way of viewing it. That's how I view it as well. Its incredibly narrow-minded to think the world can only follow one set of rules at a time. But I've met some who believe it may be held hostage in some tug of war match between the traditions, trying to assert their side's ideals." Serge replied, "I guess that's the other interesting ramification though. If we bring about the mythic age then the traditions have likely won. As each tradition tries to vacuum up all of the new potential students for their own group, there's likely gonna be a lot of tension between the them in the new world. Do you think we'll descend into a civil war? Or will the bonds of respect and friendship see us through?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 14, 2020 4:38 pm

[Kyle's Room]

"Now that's certainly an optimistic way of viewing it. That's how I view it as well. Its incredibly narrow-minded to think the world can only follow one set of rules at a time. But I've met some who believe it may be held hostage in some tug of war match between the traditions, trying to assert their side's ideals." Serge replied,

"Well that is exactly what the Asuncion War is about, the nature of reality or rather what the Consensus believe, all the factions know this and all of them try to affect the sleepers to try to make sure their side end up of top, currently the Technocracy are winning this tug a war. Reality are shaped by belief, what many sleepers in an area believe become a consensus, the ones who control the belief of said sleepers literary control reality."
Stephen explained.
"Or at least that is what my Mentor tells me."

"I guess that's the other interesting ramification though. If we bring about the mythic age then the traditions have likely won. As each tradition tries to vacuum up all of the new potential students for their own group, there's likely gonna be a lot of tension between the them in the new world. Do you think we'll descend into a civil war? Or will the bonds of respect and friendship see us through?"

"It is hard to say, I mean the Traditions begun as a war council, several of the Traditions was themselves in war with one another when they joined at the First Tribunal, they joined under the banner of the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and well safety in numbers I do not want to be killed by the Order of Reason, if we win, I suspect old conflicts will be harder to keep in check then again after nearly six hundred years living and fighting together...that have to account for something. It is hard to predict what would happen with the Traditions, it could be disaster or we could find a way to work together."
The Flambeau said.
"I know I would rather live in a civil war between the Traditions than enslaved to order and reason which the Union's victory would mean."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 14, 2020 6:56 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Well that is exactly what the Asuncion War is about, the nature of reality or rather what the Consensus believe, all the factions know this and all of them try to affect the sleepers to try to make sure their side end up of top, currently the Technocracy are winning this tug a war. Reality are shaped by belief, what many sleepers in an area believe become a consensus, the ones who control the belief of said sleepers literary control reality."
Stephen explained.
"Or at least that is what my Mentor tells me."
Anja wrote:"It is hard to say, I mean the Traditions begun as a war council, several of the Traditions was themselves in war with one another when they joined at the First Tribunal, they joined under the banner of the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and well safety in numbers I do not want to be killed by the Order of Reason, if we win, I suspect old conflicts will be harder to keep in check then again after nearly six hundred years living and fighting together...that have to account for something. It is hard to predict what would happen with the Traditions, it could be disaster or we could find a way to work together."
The Flambeau said.
"I know I would rather live in a civil war between the Traditions than enslaved to order and reason which the Union's victory would mean."

"I hope option C happens and we're all still buddy buddy. Cause otherwise that's actually a really shit set of options." Serge questioned, "Cause in such a civil war, we'd likely have to fight against people we once knew. I know I couldn't raise my hand to hurt my friends, so I'd be dead from the get go if civil war broke out between us. And enslaved to order and reason is just a different flavor of death so I'm dead either way. God I hope we have continued peace."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 14, 2020 7:52 pm

[Ritual Room 3]

e grinned, "You've certainly got the features for a dashing silver fox. Though you might want to try to cultivate more of a streak at the temples, rather than a full head of silver, just for starters. How is the tonic working out, by the way?"

He brushed a hand at the side of his hair. "Well, it's still on my head despite all so it seems to be working."

"Incense? Interesting idea...based on that steam that you had earlier I imagine."

"We do not understand, we are words, and we protect words, we can protect the words of your ally but not the un words, those we can not protect as they are not us."
The little bee spirit said seaming a bit confused as she continued to groom herself on your hand.

It was, he supposed, a good thing he was not unduly afraid of bug; a bee this lbig was an interesting thing to see even if it wasn't strictly like a material plane bee. Instead he wished he had more time to learn more about the swarm, through the one who had manifested to speak for all the hive collective. Maybe all the letters she was made of were actually all each another bee. But he reigned his curiosity in for the moment, to accomplish their deal. He nodded. "We have words for her that we would like for you to protect. We did not wish to offend you though, or confuse her with our enemy, or have you think we were tricking you in some manner to do what you are not, for this is not our intention. Therefore I am trying to explain the exception of her being with us to you."

// lol someone needs to show him a picture of Dr Strange

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 14, 2020 9:39 pm

[Ritual Room 3]
Anja wrote:"We might want to check if the incense are available at the clinic yes, I will have to do so as well before my own apprentice are Branded, I doubt they will let such means be used during the punishment but after it is done it can help with healing and make the newly Branded one far more comfortable."
The Tytalus agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"Incense? Interesting idea...based on that steam that you had earlier I imagine."
Colin smiled, "That ephemeral anesthetic is one of the things I am truly proud of having contributed to. I couldn't do much of the actual work, but giving the idea to the people who were able to make it, I'm pleased it was a success, and will be so for future patients... If the Verbena clinic has not yet put it into full-scale use, they will, but we might have to bring some to show its value."

Anja wrote:"Is becoming a Marauder desierable...no, but is it better than becoming a Paradox Spirit...the most fared Paradox spirit yes absolutely is is better than that. And the thing is you can not assume you will act like a character in some TV show even if you become a time traveling Marauder Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and she raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "Consider it an assessment of the best dreadful outcome... I know, I could as easily suffer the delusion that I'm back in the RAF, still fighting a mundane war... that would not be a good thing, even for a Marauder."

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:"Social power is good, I approve of that but raw, personal power, the power to crush your enemies are better."
The shard declared.
"With enough power no one will dare oppose us!"
He smiled slyly, 'Sun Tzu had a few things to say on crushing one's enemies... while that's certainly one approach, winning them over to your side and making them not want to fight you is far better than expending resources on a battle. Make your preparations right, and you can make fighting you look far more costly than simply retreating or conceding. This holds true in war, in business, in politics, everywhere.'

((OOC: Next year, when Dr. Strange comes out, Colin's probably going to sit in the theater with the world's biggest grin, thinking "Yes, I absolutely would." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 15, 2020 3:31 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Problem is; would he get what the threat actually was? Trying to like explain it's coming from a rocket fired from some hole in the Urals or something...'

Anja's Post:

'There isn't - the sirens were all hooked up using phones. Uses a autodialler to set off all of 'em at once. Before the 'seventies they were a big 'ol unit of tubes and switches.' Nicole replied lazily, looking at what turned out to be a dresser. 'When they upgraded they often simply left the old kit in-place to rust in whatever bunker they were in.'

Anja's Post:

'Possible... any other ideas?' looking around.

[Serge should so have that discussion with Nicole... *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 15, 2020 6:59 am

[Kyle's Room]

"I hope option C happens and we're all still buddy buddy. Cause otherwise that's actually a really shit set of options." Serge questioned, "Cause in such a civil war, we'd likely have to fight against people we once knew. I know I couldn't raise my hand to hurt my friends, so I'd be dead from the get go if civil war broke out between us.

"We have to hope that yes, that we manage to keep the peace with one another even with our enemies gone. I believe that since there are so many inter Tradition Cabals, and folks like Mr Dallas and Mr Smithson who are brothers but one is an Akashic Brother and the other is a Euthanathos that will help to keep us together despite old rivalries."
Kyle said and Stephen nodded.
"Yeah...that is possible that due to centuries of living together and forming bonds we might be able to stay friends."

And enslaved to order and reason is just a different flavor of death so I'm dead either way. God I hope we have continued peace."

"At least on that I agree with you Sir."
Stephen said with a nod.
"It would just be another form of death, a worse form of death."

[Abandoned Hospital]

'Problem is; would he get what the threat actually was? Trying to like explain it's coming from a rocket fired from some hole in the Urals or something...'

"Just tell him it is a big fireball and all will be fine."
Fran replied with a grin.

'There isn't - the sirens were all hooked up using phones. Uses a autodialler to set off all of 'em at once. Before the 'seventies they were a big 'ol unit of tubes and switches.' Nicole replied lazily, looking at what turned out to be a dresser. 'When they upgraded they often simply left the old kit in-place to rust in whatever bunker they were in.'

"Huh...I did not know that..."
The Euthanathos said as you looked at folded clothes and towels.

Possible... any other ideas?' looking around.

"Other than going in there and physically drag them out no."
Axel said.
"We should have a teleporter but we don't."
Fran agreed.
"We could try to make them accidentally come out but that is hard to do with several the chance four pepole decide they need a potty break at once is pretty low after all."
Marian said as he glanced at the door in question.

[Ritual Room 3]

"Incense? Interesting idea...based on that steam that you had earlier I imagine."

"Yes the steam Masters Nassa and Telar have created have been made into a practical incense that can be burned in the patient's room to help them recover from soul injuries."
Crexia confirmed.

Colin smiled, "That ephemeral anesthetic is one of the things I am truly proud of having contributed to. I couldn't do much of the actual work, but giving the idea to the people who were able to make it, I'm pleased it was a success, and will be so for future patients... If the Verbena clinic has not yet put it into full-scale use, they will, but we might have to bring some to show its value."

"I know Master Telar use it in her office which are at the Sons of Ether clinic so it is likely the Verbena also have it and yes it is most useful and your contribution to creating it are a good deed indeed Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said.
"It really do seam to help someone with wounds to their Avatar."

He nodded, "Consider it an assessment of the best dreadful outcome... I know, I could as easily suffer the delusion that I'm back in the RAF, still fighting a mundane war... that would not be a good thing, even for a Marauder."

"That is true, and I as well would not want to be back into the wars I have fought in and I will fight in more. I hope your future is a happy one my good man, however if you do become a Marauder I hope...your insanity will be a bearable one."
Crexia said softly.

It was, he supposed, a good thing he was not unduly afraid of bug; a bee this lbig was an interesting thing to see even if it wasn't strictly like a material plane bee. Instead he wished he had more time to learn more about the swarm, through the one who had manifested to speak for all the hive collective. Maybe all the letters she was made of were actually all each another bee. But he reigned his curiosity in for the moment, to accomplish their deal. He nodded. "We have words for her that we would like for you to protect. We did not wish to offend you though, or confuse her with our enemy, or have you think we were tricking you in some manner to do what you are not, for this is not our intention. Therefore I am trying to explain the exception of her being with us to you."

"If her words are words and not anti words we will protect her words, protecting words is what we do."
The large bee said as she stopped grooming and looked up and you.
"We appreciate your openness but we do not understand all your meaning, words are pure, for us is the task of protecting words, it is for others to give those words meaning and create with them, we are the keepers of the tools it is you who create with the tools."
She explained in her high pitched buzzing voice.

[Node Chamber]

He smiled slyly, 'Sun Tzu had a few things to say on crushing one's enemies... while that's certainly one approach, winning them over to your side and making them not want to fight you is far better than expending resources on a battle. Make your preparations right, and you can make fighting you look far more costly than simply retreating or conceding. This holds true in war, in business, in politics, everywhere.'

Joseph considered this for a moment before he said.
"Huh...interesting...yes you are right I guess and whatever works will be good enough for me as long as we win. Mia says I get to drive you forwards...but under her control and guidance."
The shard said.
"She never releases her grip on the leash it seams...."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I had two gaming things yesterday and in addition it is that time of the month and I feel like absolute crap and my head is killing me so I decided to jsut go to bed early yesterday.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 15, 2020 11:17 am

[Ritual Room 3]
Anja wrote:"I know Master Telar use it in her office which are at the Sons of Ether clinic so it is likely the Verbena also have it and yes it is most useful and your contribution to creating it are a good deed indeed Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said.
"It really do seam to help someone with wounds to their Avatar."
Colin smiled, "I'm glad it's been more thoroughly adopted... I wasn't sure; hadn't kept up with that, trusting Masters Telar and Nassa."

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:Joseph considered this for a moment before he said.
"Huh...interesting...yes you are right I guess and whatever works will be good enough for me as long as we win. Mia says I get to drive you forwards...but under her control and guidance."
The shard said.
"She never releases her grip on the leash it seams...."
He smiled, "I'll appreciate your enthusiasm to advance, then - though I will endeavour to temper it with a bit of reflection; power is good, but without a purpose for it, without clear, conscious direction, it tends to become wasteful and dangerous."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 15, 2020 11:41 am

[Ritual Room 3]

Colin smiled, "I'm glad it's been more thoroughly adopted... I wasn't sure; hadn't kept up with that, trusting Masters Telar and Nassa."

"The way I understand it, the incense almost completely eliminate the pain from lesser Avatar injuries such as when getting a large amount of Paradox at once, as this is not dangerous, but uncomfortable and far from uncommon a way to ease that discomfort have been most welcome, that it also help with more serious injuries I think many see as more of a by product."
Crexia replied.

[Node Chamber]

He smiled, "I'll appreciate your enthusiasm to advance, then - though I will endeavour to temper it with a bit of reflection; power is good, but without a purpose for it, without clear, conscious direction, it tends to become wasteful and dangerous."

"Direction is good, but power is better. You are my host now Colin, only to bad I must share you with so many others, well I guess the others are also me and I am them...it is confusing, we are, that is really the end of it, we are, and we all have different guidance to offer, though perhaps simpler than if we had been complete."
The shard replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 pm

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:"Direction is good, but power is better. You are my host now Colin, only to bad I must share you with so many others, well I guess the others are also me and I am them...it is confusing, we are, that is really the end of it, we are, and we all have different guidance to offer, though perhaps simpler than if we had been complete."
The shard replied.
Colin smiled wryly, 'If I detonate a fireball in front of me, I would most certainly want direction over power; with more sophisticated precision, less power needs to be expended for the same, or even greater, results. But all within me have their own ideas and guidance to offer, and I have some guidance for all within me... Doubly so for the inverted pieces; those need... righting. And even if each one of you is simple, the multitude of you makes your guidance vastly more complex than any other, I think - with Mia's focus, doubly so.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 pm

[Node Chamber]

Colin smiled wryly, 'If I detonate a fireball in front of me, I would most certainly want direction over power; with more sophisticated precision,

"When you put it that way..."
Joseph said with a wry sounding tone of voice.

less power needs to be expended for the same, or even greater, results.

"Perhaps so but raw power is important as well."
The shard protested.

But all within me have their own ideas and guidance to offer, and I have some guidance for all within me... Doubly so for the inverted pieces; those need... righting. And even if each one of you is simple, the multitude of you makes your guidance vastly more complex than any other, I think - with Mia's focus, doubly so.'

"Ah yes the inverted ones...I hear them crying inside of us in that foul language of theirs, they do need righting indeed and perhaps one day they will be, and yes we all have a lesson to teach, no matter how small and lessons to learn if we ever hope to grow to one day become complete."
Joseph agreed and you felt Mia smile at that from inside of your soul.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 15, 2020 1:56 pm

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:"When you put it that way..."
Joseph said with a wry sounding tone of voice.
Colin chuckled.

Anja wrote:"Perhaps so but raw power is important as well."
The shard protested.
He smiled thinly, 'True, but consider this, you know what my registered novel spell does - the Quintessence funnel - and how eminently useful and adaptable it is... How much power do you think I can glean from it being publicly available to all who need it, rather than keeping it a jealously guarded secret, only to be taught to those who pay me through the nose? Goodwill and gratitude is one hell of a currency, and a subtler power than a fireball. I'm not dismissing the value of raw power, just saying that there needs to be a pragmatic balance.'

Anja wrote:"Ah yes the inverted ones...I hear them crying inside of us in that foul language of theirs, they do need righting indeed and perhaps one day they will be, and yes we all have a lesson to teach, no matter how small and lessons to learn if we ever hope to grow to one day become complete."
Joseph agreed and you felt Mia smile at that from inside of your soul.
He smiled thinly, 'And I hope I can turn Cotta soon; she gave me Spirit Sight, and her beloved Warden will be born to me and Freddy in a matter of years... it's going to get dreadfully awkward if they are both Fallen then...'
He sighed, 'Well, then, you've given me something important to consider - I'm going to have to get an investigation into your old altar underway, and rather quickly, on top of all the other complications. Too bad there's not a more... gentle back door through it, though, I doubt we'll be using that, but it will probably be good to secure it, all the same... Well, then, good night to you, Joseph. And give my regards to the others.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 15, 2020 2:25 pm

[Node Chamber]

He smiled thinly, 'True, but consider this, you know what my registered novel spell does - the Quintessence funnel - and how eminently useful and adaptable it is... How much power do you think I can glean from it being publicly available to all who need it, rather than keeping it a jealously guarded secret, only to be taught to those who pay me through the nose? Goodwill and gratitude is one hell of a currency, and a subtler power than a fireball. I'm not dismissing the value of raw power, just saying that there needs to be a pragmatic balance.'

"I have never said that we should not make the rote public Colin, as you say making it so give you social and public power, I have said you should seek power in all of it's forms and that is very pragmatic."
The Shard replied.

He smiled thinly, 'And I hope I can turn Cotta soon; she gave me Spirit Sight, and her beloved Warden will be born to me and Freddy in a matter of years... it's going to get dreadfully awkward if they are both Fallen then...'

"Yes well I am not much interested in that I was dedicated to the Path of Screams in life and what little is left still are."
Came a woman's voice out of nowhere and then it was gone.
"Sounds like the lady have spoken."
Joseph said with a chuckle.
"She is not much interested.

He sighed, 'Well, then, you've given me something important to consider - I'm going to have to get an investigation into your old altar underway, and rather quickly, on top of all the other complications. Too bad there's not a more... gentle back door through it, though, I doubt we'll be using that, but it will probably be good to secure it, all the same... Well, then, good night to you, Joseph. And give my regards to the others.'

"Hum...as yes the altar that was a fine piece of work I did, even if I never wanted to use it myself."
Joseph said proudly.
"We are always here Colin we can always hear you even if it is not always right for us to speak, we are all Mia and Mia are us, and we are all part of you but yes I will speak your greeting though they already heard."
He explained softly.
"We are your Avatar now, all of us, a part of you until the day you leave this physical life, in some limited way we are incarnate though you so we hear you but guidance means we can not always speak. Mia mostly decide who gets to speak and when, and yet we are all a part of her so when she speaks we all speak."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 15, 2020 2:39 pm

[Node Chamber]
Anja wrote:"I have never said that we should not make the rote public Colin, as you say making it so give you social and public power, I have said you should seek power in all of it's forms and that is very pragmatic."
The Shard replied.
Colin smiled, 'We have an understanding. After a fashion. You may not always agree with the methods I choose... but power is coming my way, in the fullness of time, and I must prepare for that, so I can control it responsibly.'

Anja wrote:"Yes well I am not much interested in that I was dedicated to the Path of Screams in life and what little is left still are."
Came a woman's voice out of nowhere and then it was gone.
"Sounds like the lady have spoken."
Joseph said with a chuckle.
"She is not much interested.
He sighed, 'No, I suppose she is not all that interested. For now. She may come to see that it will be necessary to help protect my future daughter, though...'

Anja wrote:"Hum...as yes the altar that was a fine piece of work I did, even if I never wanted to use it myself."
Joseph said proudly.
"We are always here Colin we can always hear you even if it is not always right for us to speak, we are all Mia and Mia are us, and we are all part of you but yes I will speak your greeting though they already heard."
He explained softly.
"We are your Avatar now, all of us, a part of you until the day you leave this physical life, in some limited way we are incarnate though you so we hear you but guidance means we can not always speak. Mia mostly decide who gets to speak and when, and yet we are all a part of her so when she speaks we all speak."
He smiled, 'I know... I guess on some level I've always known, even if not to the level of conscious thought. Still, it feels... right, sometimes, to address you as a group rather than an individual, as you are so many ideologies, so many motivations, so many moral compasses, all blended into an oddly cohesive whole...'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 15, 2020 3:25 pm

[Node Camber]

Colin smiled, 'We have an understanding. After a fashion. You may not always agree with the methods I choose... but power is coming my way, in the fullness of time, and I must prepare for that, so I can control it responsibly.'

"That is going to have to be good enough, at least for now."
Joseph agreed.
"You are my host after all I can guide but the choice is yours."

He sighed, 'No, I suppose she is not all that interested. For now. She may come to see that it will be necessary to help protect my future daughter, though...'

"Perhaps so Colin, perhaps that will motivate her to change, or perhaps it will not, it is hard to say for sure."
Joseph replied. Cotta however was silent again.

He smiled, 'I know... I guess on some level I've always known, even if not to the level of conscious thought. Still, it feels... right, sometimes, to address you as a group rather than an individual, as you are so many ideologies, so many motivations, so many moral compasses, all blended into an oddly cohesive whole...'

"Just as we as Avatar and host are both individual beings and one being so are we, the shard cluster both individual shards and we are a collective, ever part of one another, and even if one of us speak, one perspective speak the others are there as well, we are a cut stone with many facets you might only see one side at the time but that side are part of a grater whole, and only as a whole are we able to be a complete soul, and only as a whole can we again grow and hope to one day reach Ascension."
Joseph replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 15, 2020 3:46 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'A lot didn't. Also meant if you had a machine which could wardial and were really patient, you'd soon enough find the line...' ending with a chuckle.

Anja's Post:

'No chance of some knock-out gas, then?' Nicole said with a little frown. 'Okay - breadcrumb and ambush. We set up an ambush point a bit further back, place with a good kill-zone... ideas for luring them out?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 15, 2020 4:34 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

A lot didn't. Also meant if you had a machine which could wardial and were really patient, you'd soon enough find the line...' ending with a chuckle.

"I am not sure what wardial is either Nicole."
Fran replied.

'No chance of some knock-out gas, then?' Nicole said with a little frown.

"Well I can probably make some, it would take a bit bit of time though."
Axel replied.

'Okay - breadcrumb and ambush. We set up an ambush point a bit further back, place with a good kill-zone... ideas for luring them out?'

"Ambush point ok sounds good, well either we could shout and scream, the other option is to try to imitate the voices of some of their friends that we have already taken care of."
Fran said.
"If we speak in the voices of the dead and shout for help that might the those four to come out here..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next