Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 28 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 28, 2020 6:15 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'No... leave them be.' Nicole replied dismissively, though the look on her tone made it clear she didn't trust the woman to do anything except the ones instructed.

'And never mistake caution for fear.' she continued, now searching the woman.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 28 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 28, 2020 6:48 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

'No... leave them be.' Nicole replied dismissively, though the look on her tone made it clear she didn't trust the woman to do anything except the ones instructed.

"As you wish."
The Nephanda said simply.

And never mistake caution for fear.' she continued, now searching the woman.

"I never said that I did, but sure..."
The prisoner replied and she raised an eyebrow at your comment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 28, 2020 7:11 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, now starting to search the woman.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 28, 2020 7:25 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

You found a wallet, a phone, a det of house keys, a lipstick and a hand mirror in the woman's pockets. She also had several odd tattoos on her arms.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 28, 2020 7:50 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

He smiled wryly, "Work in progress. Though I don't think 'making it worse' is a realistic outcome, in context."

"I suppose not..."

"You are not sleepers so looking up this information will not make it worse Mr Roth Hicks."
Wrinkle assured you.

"Well, I suppose that's where to start then...it should be in some archive of the newspaper or the public record, assuming the effect is spread." He frowned. "I'm...not sure I want to look up my own obituary, that's a bit like walking on my own grave isn't it." He sighed. "But I guess we can ask our adept cabalmate to see if he can pull up our records? That might give us more information."

He nodded, "And on the flip side of that, us looking it up won't hammer the bastard with more Paradox, either..."

"Hm, but enough sleepers might do it. Then again, it would have to be enough people that actually know that I shouldn't have died then. Even my mom seemed unable to really grasp the discrepancy, like, she knew that it wasn't right obviously but she really wanted there to be some explanation for it as a mistake."

"Well that would be the Euthanathos way to solve a problem."
Anna said as she nibble on her cookie.
"All I have heard is that this Chronomancer is part of the Labyrinth and that he really don't like cats, but that do not help us find him, to bad we don't know where he is if we did Mr Yager could just make him think he was in a Cat Cafe or something, I am sure that would trip his spellcasting up...phobias can be really annoying."

He looked a bit confused over 'cat cafe,' clearly this wasn't something he was aware existed.

He smiled wryly, "Well, he's not wrong about that, but until we get to raid the Labyrinth, he's going to be a bit outside our reach, meaning we have to work fast to hamper him before we can go in for the decisive blow."

"I hope that they get back soon," he said, his worry arises a new with all that was going on.

"Did you want me to try to cast my Wave of Annoyance now dad?"
Anna asked.
"What do I even aim for?"

"Good question..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 28, 2020 8:12 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Nicole took all the items from the woman, save the lipstick - but only after checking to make sure it was a lipstick and not a disguised blade. After handing the items over to anyone nearest to her, she'll then order the prisoner to face her and put her hands out so she could tape them up at the wrists.

[Cat Cafe: Nicole's vision of hell. My cat's too; he doesn't like people or being petted. I'm just about tolerated.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 28, 2020 9:02 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"Well, I suppose that's where to start then...it should be in some archive of the newspaper or the public record, assuming the effect is spread." He frowned. "I'm...not sure I want to look up my own obituary, that's a bit like walking on my own grave isn't it." He sighed. "But I guess we can ask our adept cabalmate to see if he can pull up our records? That might give us more information."

Wrinkle did not comment he seamed to think he should not offer more advice.

"Hm, but enough sleepers might do it. Then again, it would have to be enough people that actually know that I shouldn't have died then. Even my mom seemed unable to really grasp the discrepancy, like, she knew that it wasn't right obviously but she really wanted there to be some explanation for it as a mistake."

"If the change is allowed to happen, then yes this will cause the Chronomancer considerable Paradox, the problem is that even if I then try to set things right it might be hard to get things exactly as they where, even if I delete the man's existence and he would need massive amounts of Paradox for me to be able to do that."
The Paradox Spirit replied.

He looked a bit confused over 'cat cafe,' clearly this wasn't something he was aware existed.

"It is a cafe full of cats, you buy coffee and cake and cat treats and then you get to cuddle the cats all you want, they have them all over the world but they started in Japan Mr Roth Hicks."
Anna said with a grin.
"I soo want to go to one..."
She added excitedly then she remembered who she was having tea and cookies with and looked down.
"Ehm...when...when there is not a crisis going on off course Sir."

"Good question..."

"I need something to aim at for the spell Sir."
Anna commented.

[Abandoned Hospital]

Nicole took all the items from the woman, save the lipstick - but only after checking to make sure it was a lipstick and not a disguised blade. After handing the items over to anyone nearest to her, she'll then order the prisoner to face her and put her hands out so she could tape them up at the wrists.

The lipstick was just a pink lipstick. The Nephanda cooperated and she held her hands out for you to bind them, looking at you for a moment and then looking down.
"I guess I am preparing another dose of the serum Ma'am?"
Alicia asked.
"We only have one syringe, not very sanitary but it will have to do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 28, 2020 9:06 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"I can not dictate what you should or should not do Mr Wainwright if you try then you will discover soon enough if the Consensus will agree with your ploy."
Wrinkle replied.
"Let us just hope it do not end with us having to have a less...polite conversation."
He warned darkly.
Colin nodded, "Be Subtle in your Arts... If I were to make the attempt, I would have to carefully... groom that little bit of Reality for it, perhaps subtly nudge a few events to bring a botanist to the right place at the right time, make sure the discovery looks right... And even so, I might decide that even with so much planning, the risk would not be worth the modest change; things go extinct for a reason, and those gaps are quickly filled, or turned into permanent scars in nature. That makes reintroduction... complex. Very, very complex..."

Anja wrote:"Yes well unfortunately damage are done to the river of time by your actions non the less."
The Paradox Spirit replied darkly.
He sighed, "And for that, I apologize in advance, though I'm afraid I cannot apologize for trying to make the world a better place."

Anja wrote:"I agree my good man if this miscreant can be stopped in the present then that is preferable, but I have my doubts that it is be an effective strategy to rely on."
Wrinkle replied.
He frowned, "True, it'll be buying time, no more. But, that might be just the edge we need in the short term, to ensure we can put together a permanent solution."

S7trif3 wrote:"Well, I suppose that's where to start then...it should be in some archive of the newspaper or the public record, assuming the effect is spread." He frowned. "I'm...not sure I want to look up my own obituary, that's a bit like walking on my own grave isn't it." He sighed. "But I guess we can ask our adept cabalmate to see if he can pull up our records? That might give us more information."
He nodded, "Would you do the honours of asking him, then? I, hum... Do you have... Jon's number, isn't it?"

Anja wrote:"Unfortunately that is so Mr Wainwright."
The spirit agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"Hm, but enough sleepers might do it. Then again, it would have to be enough people that actually know that I shouldn't have died then. Even my mom seemed unable to really grasp the discrepancy, like, she knew that it wasn't right obviously but she really wanted there to be some explanation for it as a mistake."
Anja wrote:"If the change is allowed to happen, then yes this will cause the Chronomancer considerable Paradox, the problem is that even if I then try to set things right it might be hard to get things exactly as they where, even if I delete the man's existence and he would need massive amounts of Paradox for me to be able to do that."
He pondered, "Would colleagues do? Your fellow teachers?"

Anja wrote:"I hope so dad, I will do what I can at least."
Anna said as she ate a bit of the cookie.
"I am not sure, I am rather Static by nature."
Wrinkle replied.
"But once my warning are delivered I am not planning on staying for long."
He nodded, "Well, then, is there another part of the warning you're waiting with until the right moment, then?"

S7trif3 wrote:He looked a bit confused over 'cat cafe,' clearly this wasn't something he was aware existed.
Anja wrote:"It is a cafe full of cats, you buy coffee and cake and cat treats and then you get to cuddle the cats all you want, they have them all over the world but they started in Japan Mr Roth Hicks."
Anna said with a grin.
She added excitedly then she remembered who she was having tea and cookies with and looked down.
He arched an eyebrow, "I'll make sure to see if there's one in Paris, London, or Nottingham, then..."

S7trif3 wrote:"I hope that they get back soon," he said, his worry arises a new with all that was going on.
Anja wrote:"Did you want me to try to cast my Wave of Annoyance now dad?"
Anna asked.
"What do I even aim for?"
S7trif3 wrote:"Good question..."
Anja wrote:"I need something to aim at for the spell Sir."
Anna commented.
He smiled thinly, bringing up a sheet of paper and drawing a quick, perfect circle on it, with three smaller circles evenly positioned along the edge, forming a perfect equilateral triangle, then placed his left hand on one of the smaller circles, "Well, first, we must find the false timeline; fortunately, that's a simple apprentice-level task, to see temporal disturbances. Once we've found the false timeline, Sweetie, let him have it. If you would place your off-hand at a corner each?"

((OOC: Typical, three seconds before I hit "Send", there's another post which I must weave into mine, to make the replies make sense. Wink
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 28, 2020 9:34 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"If the change is allowed to happen, then yes this will cause the Chronomancer considerable Paradox, the problem is that even if I then try to set things right it might be hard to get things exactly as they where, even if I delete the man's existence and he would need massive amounts of Paradox for me to be able to do that."

"So...we might end up different still and who knows how that would work out eventually." He winced. "Alright, I guess then that's why you're here...a more subtle approach."

He pondered, "Would colleagues do? Your fellow teachers?"

"It risks dragging them closer to the Nephandi though, it's bad enough my family is affected. I suppose I should have been ready for them to try that eventually...besides there aren't a whole lot that would know me that well. A few former professors form my Department, and my TA maybe. I'm reluctant to have them involved though..."

He nodded, "Would you do the honours of asking him, then? I, hum... Do you have... Jon's number, isn't it?"

"Jon...yes," he said as if remembering his name. "Let me see..." he went through looking for the number and any message chains that he might have had before clearing them out.

"It is a cafe full of cats, you buy coffee and cake and cat treats and then you get to cuddle the cats all you want, they have them all over the world but they started in Japan Mr Roth Hicks."
Anna said with a grin.
e arched an eyebrow, "I'll make sure to see if there's one in Paris, London, or Nottingham, then..."
"Huh..." he said, then shrugged. "Well, that's an easy enough reward for helping to save my life and that of my cabalmate."

"I need something to aim at for the spell Sir."
Anna commented.
He smiled thinly, bringing up a sheet of paper and drawing a quick, perfect circle on it, with three smaller circles evenly positioned along the edge, forming a perfect equilateral triangle, then placed his left hand on one of the smaller circles, "Well, first, we must find the false timeline; fortunately, that's a simple apprentice-level task, to see temporal disturbances. Once we've found the false timeline, Sweetie, let him have it. If you would place your off-hand at a corner each?"

His brow furrowed. "Well, this happened before I awakened so I was called by something different," he said with an unhappy frown. "Maybe this chronomancer figured that out, though it wouldn't be that hard to do given a bit of investigating. Normally I would be protected but due to his abilities, he targeted that part of me that existed in the past and maybe that made the difference. I'm not sure, I'm guessing based on how I might try to do something like that. I'm not sure if aiming for me would be the right way to do this though to give you what you need. I'm not sure how to help Nicole though...unless she too went by something else." Then he said, "Of course, hopefully Jon will be able to pull up a bit more to give you the right time and place." He backed up from the table a bit to give them room, now remembering the cooling tea and taking a gulp.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Well I guess that we do not all the time Sir, humanizing animals I guess, it makes us feel less alone but when we talk to our cats and dogs and imagine they have human responses."
Stephen replied and Kyle nodded.
"Yeah that is possible...also some of the forms of were creatures are rather like the half human half animal creatures in cartoons, like the war form of the werewolf that Mr Wainwright showed us a picture of."
The young Hermetic replied as he played the game in the background.

"Haha, I think there's a bit of a difference between primal battle hardened animalistic warform and the soft cartoon squishiness of old school anthropomorphized cartoon animals. But I get what you mean. Half-human and half-animal creature legends have been around for ages. A lot of them likely inspired by the were-creatures and incorporated into media." Serge said jokingly, imagining bugs bunny as or Wile E. Coyote in a werewolf-esque warform.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 28, 2020 10:39 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
S7trif3 wrote:"So...we might end up different still and who knows how that would work out eventually." He winced. "Alright, I guess then that's why you're here...a more subtle approach."
Colin frowned, "An ounce of prevention, rather than a pound of cure..."

S7trif3 wrote:"It risks dragging them closer to the Nephandi though, it's bad enough my family is affected. I suppose I should have been ready for them to try that eventually...besides there aren't a whole lot that would know me that well. A few former professors form my Department, and my TA maybe. I'm reluctant to have them involved though..."
He arched an eyebrow, "Not the most social creature, are you? Well... I'm hardly one to talk... Besides, while I doubt your colleagues would be pulled closer to the Fallen by such an act, it would inevitably lead to some awkward questions at work."

S7trif3 wrote:"Huh..." he said, then shrugged. "Well, that's an easy enough reward for helping to save my life and that of my cabalmate."
He grinned, "In all honesty, I'm rather intrigued by the concept, myself."

S7trif3 wrote:His brow furrowed. "Well, this happened before I awakened so I was called by something different," he said with an unhappy frown. "Maybe this chronomancer figured that out, though it wouldn't be that hard to do given a bit of investigating. Normally I would be protected but due to his abilities, he targeted that part of me that existed in the past and maybe that made the difference. I'm not sure, I'm guessing based on how I might try to do something like that. I'm not sure if aiming for me would be the right way to do this though to give you what you need. I'm not sure how to help Nicole though...unless she too went by something else." Then he said, "Of course, hopefully Jon will be able to pull up a bit more to give you the right time and place." He backed up from the table a bit to give them room, now remembering the cooling tea and taking a gulp.
He arched an eyebrow at Adley, then looked down to the circle again, "Amicus, I rather need your hand, too, to help find the rogue timeline. I won't need you seated for all time, just long enough to find and isolate the Fallen thread, but I do need you to partake..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 28, 2020 10:44 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Silently, though still watching the prisoner, Nicole fished out a antiseptic wipe from her webbing and passed it over to Alicia; obviously to disinfect as best as possible before giving the shot.

[Like how the Fallen isn't batting an eyelid to a Ratkin in Crinos...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 28, 2020 10:53 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

He arched an eyebrow, "Not the most social creature, are you? Well... I'm hardly one to talk... Besides, while I doubt your colleagues would be pulled closer to the Fallen by such an act, it would inevitably lead to some awkward questions at work."

"I'm...particular. Plus now that I am a mage, it becomes a dangerous liability; I don't want people to be hurt. I can field awkward questions to a point, I have already had a few though and it starts to add up." He frowned. "I'm still worried about Hannah, she will still need help and with all this going on it's hard to help her, and then there's Lenoe. At any rate though better to try to deal with those questions, if it will help us stick around properly. I think I would ask my TA first, I trust them..."

He arched an eyebrow at Adley, then looked down to the circle again, "Amicus, I rather need your hand, too, to help find the rogue timeline. I won't need you seated for all time, just long enough to find and isolate the Fallen thread, but I do need you to partake..."

"Oh, sorry...I don't really know how this is supposed to work. Do you need my left or right hand?" he asked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 28, 2020 11:31 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
S7trif3 wrote:"I'm...particular. Plus now that I am a mage, it becomes a dangerous liability; I don't want people to be hurt. I can field awkward questions to a point, I have already had a few though and it starts to add up." He frowned. "I'm still worried about Hannah, she will still need help and with all this going on it's hard to help her, and then there's Lenoe. At any rate though better to try to deal with those questions, if it will help us stick around properly. I think I would ask my TA first, I trust them..."
Colin smiled, "Well, so long as you don't try to be a reclusive hermit... but I guess a certain Deacon will help prevent that. And you should be cautious with who you trust. Your Pater would have enough issues with Lenoe as it is."

Anja wrote:"Oh, sorry...I don't really know how this is supposed to work. Do you need my left or right hand?" he asked.
He shrugged slightly, "It's a simple linking, really, just so I - and of course Anna - can get a closer look at the wrong timeline trying to interfere with you. For that, I just need you to stay with us for a few moments; rather like for a medical examination. In case you need to use a hand for something, though, I would suggest not using your dominant hand."
He looked to Anna, "The same goes for you; think you can cast your Wave of Annoyance with one hand?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 28, 2020 11:39 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled, "Well, so long as you don't try to be a reclusive hermit... but I guess a certain Deacon will help prevent that. And you should be cautious with who you trust. Your Pater would have enough issues with Lenoe as it is.

"I'm not trying to be a hermit..." he said, a bit flustered.

"It's a simple linking, really, just so I - and of course Anna - can get a closer look at the wrong timeline trying to interfere with you. For that, I just need you to stay with us for a few moments; rather like for a medical examination. In case you need to use a hand for something, though, I would suggest not using your dominant hand."
He looked to Anna, "The same goes for you; think you can cast your Wave of Annoyance with one hand?"

"Whatever you need," he said, and proffered his left hand with a look of trust. "I didn't know you could do palm reading, you are one of many talents."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 29, 2020 5:38 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Silently, though still watching the prisoner, Nicole fished out a antiseptic wipe from her webbing and passed it over to Alicia; obviously to disinfect as best as possible before giving the shot.

Alicia nodded she disinfected the syringe as well as she could before filling it and then moving over to the Nephanda.
"This will hurt, I am sorry."
She told the woman before she pushed the sleeve of her tshirt out of the way, disinfected the woman's skin as well and gave her the shot. The prisoner groaned softly.
"The pain will pass but you might feel uncomfortable and nauseous for a while."
Alicia told her as she moved away and then told Nicole.
"It is done Ma'am."

[Kyle's Room]

Haha, I think there's a bit of a difference between primal battle hardened animalistic warform and the soft cartoon squishiness of old school anthropomorphized cartoon animals. But I get what you mean. Half-human and half-animal creature legends have been around for ages. A lot of them likely inspired by the were-creatures and incorporated into media." Serge said jokingly, imagining bugs bunny as or Wile E. Coyote in a werewolf-esque warform.

"Yes there is certainly a difference in how deadly these beings are, but yeah human animal hybrids are a common concept, and I agree many of them are probably inspired by the shapeshifters themselves though many probably also represent the animal part of our minds."
Kyle replied.
"I wonder what Ars a old Hermetic would use to affect a werewolf, Corpus or Animal."
Stephen commented.
"Probably both."
Kyle replied and his Nephew nodded.
"Yeah, probably both."

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "Be Subtle in your Arts... If I were to make the attempt, I would have to carefully... groom that little bit of Reality for it, perhaps subtly nudge a few events to bring a botanist to the right place at the right time, make sure the discovery looks right... And even so, I might decide that even with so much planning, the risk would not be worth the modest change; things go extinct for a reason, and those gaps are quickly filled, or turned into permanent scars in nature. That makes reintroduction... complex. Very, very complex..."

"I can not advice you in this Mr Wainwright."
Wrikle said simply.
"It is not my place."

He sighed, "And for that, I apologize in advance, though I'm afraid I cannot apologize for trying to make the world a better place."

The Paradox Spirit gave you a stern look.

He frowned, "True, it'll be buying time, no more. But, that might be just the edge we need in the short term, to ensure we can put together a permanent solution."

"It might indeed buy time, so it might be worthwhile to try."
Wrinkle agreed.

He nodded, "Well, then, is there another part of the warning you're waiting with until the right moment, then?"

"No I am mostly waiting to see if you or Mr Roth Hicks had any questions that I could answer, I have delivered my warning so I can leave before you need to start casting your magick Mr Wainwright, mostly I was just finishing up my tea."
Old Man Wrinkle said with a slight smile as he sipped his tea again.

He arched an eyebrow, "I'll make sure to see if there's one in Paris, London, or Nottingham, then..."

"That would be great dad."
Anna replied with a grin.

"I have no idea how to target a timeline dad, false or otherwise, I do not see time. And my off hand corner what do you mean by that?"
Your apprentice asked sounding confused.

"So...we might end up different still and who knows how that would work out eventually." He winced. "Alright, I guess then that's why you're here...a more subtle approach."

"Not necessarily subtle, but I am here to warn you so you can stop the change from happening, less chance for you that you get deleted from existence and less work for me, a win win situation Mr Roth Hicks."
The Paradox Spirit replied with a polite smile.

"Jon...yes," he said as if remembering his name. "Let me see..." he went through looking for the number and any message chains that he might have had before clearing them out.

Jon's number had been deleted from your phone but you eventually found a text from him containing his map app so you found his number again.

Huh..." he said, then shrugged. "Well, that's an easy enough reward for helping to save my life and that of my cabalmate."

Anna grinned at that.
"Well I would do all I can anyway Mr Roth Hicks, you are like my unofficial uncle after all and Cava loves Miss Bouchard."

Colin frowned, "An ounce of prevention, rather than a pound of cure..."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright."
Wrinkle agreed.

He shrugged slightly, "It's a simple linking, really, just so I - and of course Anna - can get a closer look at the wrong timeline trying to interfere with you. For that, I just need you to stay with us for a few moments; rather like for a medical examination. In case you need to use a hand for something, though, I would suggest not using your dominant hand."

"Well I can work Primal Magick without foci at all so yes I can do that it just makes it harder."
Anna said though she also looked confused.
"So I can play along dad but I am rather not sure as to what we are doing."
And the little girl held out her left hand.

(OOC: No the woman is used to the horrors found in the Labyrinth a Ratkin in war form will not disturb her much.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 29, 2020 6:52 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yes there is certainly a difference in how deadly these beings are, but yeah human animal hybrids are a common concept, and I agree many of them are probably inspired by the shapeshifters themselves though many probably also represent the animal part of our minds."
Kyle replied.
"I wonder what Ars a old Hermetic would use to affect a werewolf, Corpus or Animal."
Stephen commented.
"Probably both."
Kyle replied and his Nephew nodded.
"Yeah, probably both."

"Don't you need Ars Spiritus as well?" Serge said, guessing the Hermetic term for the Spirit Sphere. "Shapeshifters are pretty big on spirit stuff as well. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the source of their powers. Granted I don't know anything about the finer details of Ars Corpus or Ars Animal. I didn't even really know that last one was a thing."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 29, 2020 7:34 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Don't you need Ars Spiritus as well?" Serge said, guessing the Hermetic term for the Spirit Sphere.

"Perhaps, but back in the day there was no such thing, there was Vim which sort of encompass Spirit, Prime, Correspondence, Time and Entropy, but it is more raw magick than anything. Today yes I think you use Spirit as well to affect shapechangers, it all have to do with Paradigm really."
Stephen replied.

"Shapeshifters are pretty big on spirit stuff as well. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the source of their powers. Granted I don't know anything about the finer details of Ars Corpus or Ars Animal. I didn't even really know that last one was a thing."

"My teacher say shapeshifters like her Custos Gabby are one part human, one part spirit and one part animal."
Stephen said.
"Well the Sphere system was only developed back in the 1420's before that the Order of Hermes used another system that consisted of 15 Ars, many Hermetics still use this but translate it into Spheres when talking with Mages of another Tradition."
The young Flambeau explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Perhaps, but back in the day there was no such thing, there was Vim which sort of encompass Spirit, Prime, Correspondence, Time and Entropy, but it is more raw magick than anything. Today yes I think you use Spirit as well to affect shapechangers, it all have to do with Paradigm really."
Stephen replied.
Anja wrote:"My teacher say shapeshifters like her Custos Gabby are one part human, one part spirit and one part animal."
Stephen said.
"Well the Sphere system was only developed back in the 1420's before that the Order of Hermes used another system that consisted of 15 Ars, many Hermetics still use this but translate it into Spheres when talking with Mages of another Tradition."
The young Flambeau explained.

"I know a bit about the Ars system. Don't know the exact names of all of them though. I mostly just guess them and hope I get it right. Although I really like the Hermetic system. It sounds very video game-y." Serge said with a nod. "What were-creature is your mentor's custos anyways?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 am

[Kyle's Room]

"I know a bit about the Ars system. Don't know the exact names of all of them though. I mostly just guess them and hope I get it right. Although I really like the Hermetic system. It sounds very video game-y." Serge said with a nod

"I am not so sure old Hermetics would like to be told their magick system are video game like Mr Yager."
Stephen said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Many still use this system after all and the Order of Hermes still have an Ars based linear system for our second and third degrees."
He explained.
"Basically there are five Techniques, this is what you do with magick, how it is manipulated, these are Creo, I create, Intellego I Perceive, Muto, I transform, and Perdo, I destroy and Rego, I control. In addition there are ten forms, these are the targets of the magick, what are being manipulated. Animal, for anything to do with animals, Auram for air, Aquam for water, Corpus for anything to do with the human body, Herbam for anything to do with plants, Ignem for fire, Imaginem for images, colors anything that is seen and heard and felt, Mentem for anything to do with the mind, Terram for earth and finally Vim for magick itself. Now you combine a Technique and a form to perform magick so to make a fireball it would be Creo Ignem but to subdue a flame and stop a fire it would be Perdo Ignem instead."
Kyle explained and he let go of the game controller to show the hand gestures for each Ars as he spoke about them.

"What were-creature is your mentor's custos anyways?"

"Gabby is a wercat, a Bastet as they are called."
Stephen replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 29, 2020 9:50 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Okay, off to the room you go.' she'll say to the prisoner, leading her into different cleared room which contained a chair. 'Oh, and find a way to get rid of them roaches.' looking at the group in general.

[That reminds me; need to buy bicarb...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 29, 2020 10:15 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

[Abandoned Hospital)
The prisoner simply nodded as she went with you to another empty classroom, this one to smelled of not having been used for a while.
"What do you want us to do? Gather them up and toss them out the window?"
Fran asked.
"For that will take some time."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 29, 2020 10:23 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'No idea. Which is why I've like want to see if you lot can come up with something...' Nicole replied.

Anja's Post:

'Okay, sit.' she'll order, getting an unbroken chair and placing it in the centre of the room.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 29, 2020 10:47 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

No idea. Which is why I've like want to see if you lot can come up with something...' Nicole replied.

"We can try to kill them off course."
Marian said.
"But I fear that will take some time, I think perhaps it is better to just leave them be and continue.

'Okay, sit.' she'll order, getting an unbroken chair and placing it in the centre of the room.

The prisoner slowly sat down in the chair you had found and leaned back.
"Ok..."
She muttered.
"So what will happen to me now?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 29, 2020 12:12 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Just give me options...' Nicole will reply, already leading the prisoner away to their makeshift cell.

Anja's Post:

'You're secured to it.' Nicole replied, unfurling some tape and securing the Fallen to it at the ankles and torso.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next