Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 29 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Warpmind Fri May 29, 2020 1:02 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"No I am mostly waiting to see if you or Mr Roth Hicks had any questions that I could answer, I have delivered my warning so I can leave before you need to start casting your magick Mr Wainwright, mostly I was just finishing up my tea."
Old Man Wrinkle said with a slight smile as he sipped his tea again.
Colin smiled, "Well, I do hope the tea is quite to your liking, then."

Anja wrote:"Well I can work Primal Magick without foci at all so yes I can do that it just makes it harder."
Anna said though she also looked confused.
"So I can play along dad but I am rather not sure as to what we are doing."
And the little girl held out her left hand.
S7trif3 wrote:"Whatever you need," he said, and proffered his left hand with a look of trust. "I didn't know you could do palm reading, you are one of many talents."
Anja wrote:"I have no idea how to target a timeline dad, false or otherwise, I do not see time. And my off hand corner what do you mean by that?"
Your apprentice asked sounding confused.
He sighed softly, gesturing to the circle he'd drawn, and his hand on one corner of the triangle in it, "No... I meant, place one hand on a corner each of that. I know neither of you can see timelines on your own, that's what my spell will take care of; to locate and reveal the interference. That's where you get to work, Sweetie."
He looked to Adley, "Sorry if I were a bit vague, there, but I rather thought it was fairly obvious what I meant. Then again, we're all under a bit of stress right now, so a word or two might have been swallowed in the process..."

Once both Anna and Adley had their hands on the circle, he started working, a fairly simple gesture Anna would probably recognize as plucking at a sock until a thread came out, and pulling it into view.

((OOC: So, Time 1 lets me see temporal disturbances, Time 2 lets me let others see them, too, so Colin's fishing for the rogue timeline along Adley's history and trying to pull it into clear view, suspended over the circle for visual effect. Gonna need a couple extra successes for this, so... Arete rolls: 3,7,0 - 6,6,7 - 3,8,9. Should be plenty to keep the rogue timeline in view long enough for Anna to interfere with it.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 29 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 29, 2020 1:32 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

'Just give me options...' Nicole will reply, already leading the prisoner away to their makeshift cell.

"I have you some, picking the bugs up and tossing them out of here or ignoring them. Both me and Fran practice magick that are more about cursing, discovering the thread of fate and enhancing our weapon's effect, nothing of that is very effective in clearing up a large number of bugs...for that you would want either Forces to burn them, Life to just kill them or Mind to influence them to just go away."
Marian replied.

You're secured to it.' Nicole replied, unfurling some tape and securing the Fallen to it at the ankles and torso.

"I was thinking a bit more long term, but sure...what will happen to me after I am tied to the chair?"
The Nephanda asked.

[Casa Wainwright.]

Colin smiled, "Well, I do hope the tea is quite to your liking, then."

"It is indeed quite delicious."
Wrinkle said, he finished his tea then he stood.
"Well my cup is empty and my warning have been delivered, gentlemen and young Miss I think it is time I take my leave, so you can do with my warning as you please."

He sighed softly, gesturing to the circle he'd drawn, and his hand on one corner of the triangle in it, "No... I meant, place one hand on a corner each of that. I know neither of you can see timelines on your own, that's what my spell will take care of; to locate and reveal the interference. That's where you get to work, Sweetie."
He looked to Adley, "Sorry if I were a bit vague, there, but I rather thought it was fairly obvious what I meant. Then again, we're all under a bit of stress right now, so a word or two might have been swallowed in the process..."

Once both Anna and Adley had their hands on the circle, he started working, a fairly simple gesture Anna would probably recognize as plucking at a sock until a thread came out, and pulling it into view.

"Ahhh that makes sense."
Anna said and she put her hand on the triangle, you heard the plastic bads from her bracelet hitting the table.

You begun your working, you could not see all the details but you think Adley was in his late teens when this attack takes place. Anna suddely smile.
"Got it..."
She said and she started working, moving her free hand through a series of complicated gestures that looked Hermetic but was not quite the old or the new hand sigils, you could see the girl getting more and more concentrated as she worked and she just muttered softly focusing on nothing but her spell as she tried to slow down the Fallen Chronomancer.

(OOC: Yes that should do it.)
(OOC 2: I forgot to answer this Tane is 22 years old, Bee is 23, Jon is in his late 20's I think it was 26 I beliebe Bruce is about 30 to 35 years old. Richard is also around 30 somewhere I do not think it was ever specified. I seam to remember Serge also being 22 years old.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 29, 2020 2:05 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Need a way so she can't like command them to help free her.' Nicole replied, jerking her head towards the prisoner. 'Use your judgement.'

Anja's Post:

'No idea. Above my pay-grade.' Nicole replied gruffly, continuing to tape the woman to the chair.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 29, 2020 2:25 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

'Need a way so she can't like command them to help free her.' Nicole replied, jerking her head towards the prisoner. 'Use your judgement.'

"The woman is on the serum so she can not command the bugs at the moment, they are just bugs."
Fran said and Alicia nodded.
"From all we know Ma'am once injected with the serum someone with Investment marks can no longer use the powers they grant them."
The apprentice informed you.

'No idea. Above my pay-grade.' Nicole replied gruffly, continuing to tape the woman to the chair.

"Well I am alive for now at least."
The prisoner commented as you secured her. About this time your phone rang and you saw it was Arn, the young alchemist apprentice calling your number.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 29, 2020 2:52 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'You want to bet on that?' Nicole replied, tone and look more seeking confirmation than making an accusation - after all, if she was making a call, she wanted as much correct information to hopefully make the correct one.

Anja's Post:

Giving a little grunt from having taped the last leg to the chair-leg, Nicole looked at the number for a moment before accepting the call. 'Yeah?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 29, 2020 3:59 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

You want to bet on that?' Nicole replied, tone and look more seeking confirmation than making an accusation - after all, if she was making a call, she wanted as much correct information to hopefully make the correct one.

"All the data I know indicate that once on the serum, all extraordinary abilities including the ones gifted by foul beings to their servants are left inert, I can not say with certainty that these bugs do not posses loyalty and inteligence that will let them act on their own though, but a fair guess is that they are no threat with their Master restrained Ma'am."
Alicia replied.

Giving a little grunt from having taped the last leg to the chair-leg, Nicole looked at the number for a moment before accepting the call. 'Yeah?'

You heard the sound of crying and moans of pain in the background as you picked up the call.
"Yes Miss Bouchard, this is Arn Woodhouse, I was told to contact you we have found where Jace store his victims between his experiments, there is a woman here who is asking for you, says she knows you, she is badly hurt though. I just thought you wanted to be told Ma'am."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 29, 2020 5:37 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked to the other members of the team, seeing if they agreed with the Student's appraisal of the situation.

Anja's Post:

'Thanks' Nicole replied, feeling a bit guilty - could they have been quicker on the uptake? 'Is the Chief with you?' looking around the room with the second Fallen in it, making sure there wasn't anything which would aid an escape attempt in it.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 29, 2020 7:09 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"Not necessarily subtle, but I am here to warn you so you can stop the change from happening, less chance for you that you get deleted from existence and less work for me, a win win situation Mr Roth Hicks."
The Paradox Spirit replied with a polite smile.

"Deleted? Well...yeah I guess the me I am now..." He shook his head. "I don't want that either."

"No I am mostly waiting to see if you or Mr Roth Hicks had any questions that I could answer, I have delivered my warning so I can leave before you need to start casting your magick Mr Wainwright, mostly I was just finishing up my tea."
Old Man Wrinkle said with a slight smile as he sipped his tea again.

"Honestly, sir I am not sure what is out of bounds to ask, but I do realize you can't interfere too directly with what we're going to do. We appreciate the warning of course."

Jon's number had been deleted from your phone but you eventually found a text from him containing his map app so you found his number again.

He scratched at the side of his face where his beard was growing in, and itched. I should go outside to send the message though since the room is warded...or at the periphery of it..." Then he texted Jon: 'Hello. Hope you are okay can I ask for some help? I need my own records searched for discrepancies that should not be there.'

Anna grinned at that.
"Well I would do all I can anyway Mr Roth Hicks, you are like my unofficial uncle after all and Cava loves Miss Bouchard."

"She does? Hm..." he seemed a bit surprised then said to Anna, "You may call me theíos if you wish, anipsiá. Or if you prefer Latin, that would be avunculus, nepti."

He looked embarrassed at not following along properly and put his hand where it was directed to go with a muttered apology. The spirit at the table had unnerved him quite a bit, as did the whole situation and his uncertainty was showing.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 29, 2020 7:24 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"I am not so sure old Hermetics would like to be told their magick system are video game like Mr Yager."
Stephen said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Its one of the highest complements I can give it." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Anja wrote:"Many still use this system after all and the Order of Hermes still have an Ars based linear system for our second and third degrees."
He explained.
"Basically there are five Techniques, this is what you do with magick, how it is manipulated, these are Creo, I create, Intellego I Perceive, Muto, I transform, and Perdo, I destroy and Rego, I control. In addition there are ten forms, these are the targets of the magick, what are being manipulated. Animal, for anything to do with animals, Auram for air, Aquam for water, Corpus for anything to do with the human body, Herbam for anything to do with plants, Ignem for fire, Imaginem for images, colors anything that is seen and heard and felt, Mentem for anything to do with the mind, Terram for earth and finally Vim for magick itself. Now you combine a Technique and a form to perform magick so to make a fireball it would be Creo Ignem but to subdue a flame and stop a fire it would be Perdo Ignem instead."
Kyle explained and he let go of the game controller to show the hand gestures for each Ars as he spoke about them.

Serge half-listened to Kyle's explanation, no out of disinterest but rather that he wasn't particularly adept at listening to large lecture-like blocks of information and retaining it effectively. He did look at Kyle's hands and watched as he cycled through the hand gestures, always more of a visual learner. "That's really cool. The more I hear about the system the more I like it. Sounds like the perfect power system for a fantasy novel. Allows people incredible creativity to create spells within set boundaries."

Anja wrote:"Gabby is a wercat, a Bastet as they are called."
Stephen replied.

"Custos are servents to mages right? Why is a werecat the servent to a mage?" Serge inquired.

(OOC: Small Correction, Serge is 21. Still the youngest in the cabal)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 29, 2020 9:26 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"It is indeed quite delicious."
Wrinkle said, he finished his tea then he stood.
"Well my cup is empty and my warning have been delivered, gentlemen and young Miss I think it is time I take my leave, so you can do with my warning as you please."
Colin stood up, as well, and bowed politely, "Then safe travels, Sir, and thank you."

Anja wrote:"Ahhh that makes sense."
Anna said and she put her hand on the triangle, you heard the plastic bads from her bracelet hitting the table.
S7trif3 wrote:He looked embarrassed at not following along properly and put his hand where it was directed to go with a muttered apology. The spirit at the table had unnerved him quite a bit, as did the whole situation and his uncertainty was showing.
He smiled wryly, and nodded.

Anja wrote:You begun your working, you could not see all the details but you think Adley was in his late teens when this attack takes place. Anna suddely smile.
"Got it..."
She said and she started working, moving her free hand through a series of complicated gestures that looked Hermetic but was not quite the old or the new hand sigils, you could see the girl getting more and more concentrated as she worked and she just muttered softly focusing on nothing but her spell as she tried to slow down the Fallen Chronomancer.
He leaned back as the thread of time hovered and coiled over the circle, slowly pulling his hand back as the link solidified itself, "You can remove your hands now; the link holds."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 30, 2020 9:24 am

[Casa Wainwright]

He leaned back as the thread of time hovered and coiled over the circle, slowly pulling his hand back as the link solidified itself, "You can remove your hands now; the link holds."

He nodded and withdrew his hand, watching the proceedings with a bit of curiosity.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 30, 2020 9:24 am

[Abandoned Hospital]

Nicole looked to the other members of the team, seeing if they agreed with the Student's appraisal of the situation.

The others nodded at that.
"Hum I can try a spell to have the bugs movements accidentally take them out of here but that is harder to do with living beings who have a mind even if it is a simple one."
Marian replied.

'Thanks' Nicole replied, feeling a bit guilty - could they have been quicker on the uptake? 'Is the Chief with you?' looking around the room with the second Fallen in it, making sure there wasn't anything which would aid an escape attempt in it.

The woman could not escape the way you could see. Arn replied.
"Yes I have Chief Morgan here."
He confirmed.

[Casa Wainwright]

"Deleted? Well...yeah I guess the me I am now..." He shook his head. "I don't want that either."

"Deleted indeed, if you die while you are still a sleeper you will not exist now as a mage Mr Roth Hicks, so let us try to keep you existing shall we."
Wrinkle replied.

"Honestly, sir I am not sure what is out of bounds to ask, but I do realize you can't interfere too directly with what we're going to do. We appreciate the warning of course."

"I can not do much more than offer a warning, there are rules that even I must follow."
The spirit said.
"And you are welcome my good man after all it would be allot of work for me to clean things up if you and Miss Bouchard was vanished from the timeline."

He scratched at the side of his face where his beard was growing in, and itched. I should go outside to send the message though since the room is warded...or at the periphery of it..." Then he texted Jon: 'Hello. Hope you are okay can I ask for some help? I need my own records searched for discrepancies that should not be there.'

Wrinkle just nodded at that.
"You are excused Mr Roth Hicks."
He said politely. You went to sent a message to Jon and got a reply back from Jon.
"Ok...give me a moment I will get right on that now, and yes I am fine how are you?"

"She does? Hm..." he seemed a bit surprised then said to Anna, "You may call me theíos if you wish, anipsiá. Or if you prefer Latin, that would be avunculus, nepti."

"Yeah Miss Bouchard have been reaching her how to repair things."
Anna said then the girl smiled warmly.
"Theios then, I...remember that word...somehow..."

Colin stood up, as well, and bowed politely, "Then safe travels, Sir, and thank you."

Wrinkle nodded and he stood.
"Thank you and thank you for your hospitality Mr Wainwright...ah yes before I forget you will probably need these while fixing this problem."
The Paradox Spirit put a small paper bag with a handful of bright, hard candies on the table.
"These are allowances, to be used only when you or others have to employ your arts to stop what this Fallen mage is trying to do."
He said.
"They will appease the Consensus, but you do not have many of them and like I said they are just to be used for this situation, I have a feeling they will be needed."

Anna brought her left hand into the gestures she was doing but she did nto respond, her focus was just on the magick she was weaving, clearly this was not a easy thing to do.

[Kyle's Room]

"Its one of the highest complements I can give it." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"That might be so and I did not say you meant anything wrong with the comment Sir I just said most old Hermetics would not like the comparison."
Stephen replied.

Serge half-listened to Kyle's explanation, no out of disinterest but rather that he wasn't particularly adept at listening to large lecture-like blocks of information and retaining it effectively. He did look at Kyle's hands and watched as he cycled through the hand gestures, always more of a visual learner. "That's really cool. The more I hear about the system the more I like it. Sounds like the perfect power system for a fantasy novel. Allows people incredible creativity to create spells within set boundaries."

"Well there are more philosophy behind it. Most of the corpus for the Order of Hermes comes from the ancient order the Cult of Mercury, as the main idea of the corpus hermeticum had nto come to Europe at the time, this is further based on Greek mixed with Middle Eastern ideas and works such as the Greek Magical Papyri."
Kyle explained.
"As for boundaries there was far more of them before, for example before we joined the Traditions the Order of Hermes was not good at life extension rites and it was not believed that one could affect anything beyond the moon."
Kyle seamed to perk up and get quite eager as he explained about the Hermetic magick system.

Custos are servents to mages right? Why is a werecat the servent to a mage?" Serge inquired.

"Well custos stright up means servant, but I would not say Gabby is my Mentor's servant, they are friends and Gabby work for my Mentor and get to live at the Chantry. I think she is interested in magick so that is why she lives with us."
Stephen replied.

(OOC: Ah so Serge are 21, ok yes then he is the youngest. Also sorry for the late reply I was tired last night.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 30, 2020 11:05 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Well there are more philosophy behind it. Most of the corpus for the Order of Hermes comes from the ancient order the Cult of Mercury, as the main idea of the corpus hermeticum had nto come to Europe at the time, this is further based on Greek mixed with Middle Eastern ideas and works such as the Greek Magical Papyri."
Kyle explained.
"As for boundaries there was far more of them before, for example before we joined the Traditions the Order of Hermes was not good at life extension rites and it was not believed that one could affect anything beyond the moon."
Kyle seamed to perk up and get quite eager as he explained about the Hermetic magick system.

Serge noticed how eager Kyle was to speak about the topic and didn't hesitate in giving the young hermetic more questions to answer. "The system evolved over time right? How exactly did it change? Did they add any new ars?"

Anja wrote:"Well custos stright up means servant, but I would not say Gabby is my Mentor's servant, they are friends and Gabby work for my Mentor and get to live at the Chantry. I think she is interested in magick so that is why she lives with us."
Stephen replied.

"Everone seems to have a were-buddy." Serge said with a chuckle. "Are the bastet's really that chill with letting one of their own hang out with mages? I've heard werewolves aren't about that supernatural diversity. Although cats are solitary hunter....so the bastet might not have that big of a group mentality."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 30, 2020 12:03 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Serge noticed how eager Kyle was to speak about the topic and didn't hesitate in giving the young hermetic more questions to answer. "The system evolved over time right? How exactly did it change? Did they add any new ars?"

"Yes it is not a static system so it is further developed on all the time. For example in the Renaissance they started including Jewish mysticism and Kabbala though it might have been somewhat part of the system from the start as Mercere the founder was supposed to have been a Cabbalist before...his accident."
Kyle paled a little at that.
"Lately idea from for example Crowley have become common in Hermetic ideas, the foundation of the system are still Greek, Egyptian and Roman spirituality though which forms the basis for most of Western Occult ideas."

"Everone seems to have a were-buddy." Serge said with a chuckle. "Are the bastet's really that chill with letting one of their own hang out with mages? I've heard werewolves aren't about that supernatural diversity. Although cats are solitary hunter....so the bastet might not have that big of a group mentality."

"Is there anyone but my Mentor and Mr Wainwright?"
Stephen asked.
"And I do not know, at times Gabby speaks of others of her kind so I think they have some sort of society but I think the members of said society are pretty much left to do as they please, at least she have never spoken of any other wercats complaining that she is friends with mages."
The young mage said and Kyle nodded.
"There is a werfox over at Chantry Westchapel I hear, so she likes to hang with mages as well so it might not be that rare."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 30, 2020 12:52 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Yeah Miss Bouchard have been reaching her how to repair things."
Colin smiled sadly, "That would be 'uncle' in Greek, I take it? Yes, Anna remembers a touch of it... her mother tongue, after all..."

Anja wrote:Wrinkle nodded and he stood.
"Thank you and thank you for your hospitality Mr Wainwright...ah yes before I forget you will probably need these while fixing this problem."
The Paradox Spirit put a small paper bag with a handful of bright, hard candies on the table.
"These are allowances, to be used only when you or others have to employ your arts to stop what this Fallen mage is trying to do."
He said.
"They will appease the Consensus, but you do not have many of them and like I said they are just to be used for this situation, I have a feeling they will be needed."
His eyebrows rose, "They are... a grand and mighty gift, Sir. And just to be sure, the situation to which you refer is the whole battle against this Chronomancer and his Labyrinth, not merely combating this single spell of his? I would truly not want to overstep the restrictions of this magnificent boon... If there are any left afterwards, what should be done with them?"

S7trif3 wrote:He nodded and withdrew his hand, watching the proceedings with a bit of curiosity.
Anja wrote:Anna brought her left hand into the gestures she was doing but she did nto respond, her focus was just on the magick she was weaving, clearly this was not a easy thing to do.
He leaned back and smiled, slightly smugly proud of his apprentice's growth and readiness to fight the Nephandi.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 30, 2020 1:06 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled sadly, "That would be 'uncle' in Greek, I take it? Yes, Anna remembers a touch of it... her mother tongue, after all..."

"It is like when..I hear Greek spoken I do not always know what it means even if I try to learn, but I remember somehow, I do not not remember my mother well but I remember her talking Greek I remember hearing other women speaking the language I remember the words even if I don't know what they mean."
Anna said softly.

His eyebrows rose, "They are... a grand and mighty gift, Sir. And just to be sure, the situation to which you refer is the whole battle against this Chronomancer and his Labyrinth, not merely combating this single spell of his? I would truly not want to overstep the restrictions of this magnificent boon... If there are any left afterwards, what should be done with them?"

"They are for stopping this Chronomancer. I can not help with the fight against his Labyrinth in general, but it would not be fair if you and your allies suffer Paradox for aiding me in stopping this Fallen man ravaging my timeline."
Wrinkle replied.
"If you need to affect time or use your arts to take this man down these candies will give you protection...if there is any left after you can keep them, but there is not many so use them responsibly."
The Paradox Spirit replied.
"It should be enough to deal with the Chronomancer but not much more."

He leaned back and smiled, slightly smugly proud of his apprentice's growth and readiness to fight the Nephandi.

Anna simply continued focusing on her magick moving her hands quickly in complicated gestured her eyes focused as she muttered Latin words trying to well...annoy the Chronomancer as much as possible.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 30, 2020 7:01 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

You are excused Mr Roth Hicks."
He said politely. You went to sent a message to Jon and got a reply back from Jon.
"Ok...give me a moment I will get right on that now, and yes I am fine how are you?"

It wasn't entirely lost on him that his cabalmate seemed to not-exist in his own mind for long strentches of time. He wished he remembered him more often than he did, especially if it was just when he needed help with something. He'd forgotten all about his handy program, for instance and that could have been useful too. "Things are a little weird, if you find something you know what I mean. I assume you already know my original record?"

Yeah Miss Bouchard have been reaching her how to repair things."

"Hm, well, that's something then."

"It is like when..I hear Greek spoken I do not always know what it means even if I try to learn, but I remember somehow, I do not not remember my mother well but I remember her talking Greek I remember hearing other women speaking the language I remember the words even if I don't know what they mean."
Anna said softly.

"Yes, uncle in greek. The Order favors Latin terms but I use some Greek ones for us too..."

Wrinkle nodded and he stood.
He said.
They are for stopping this Chronomancer. I can not help with the fight against his Labyrinth in general, but it would not be fair if you and your allies suffer Paradox for aiding me in stopping this Fallen man ravaging my timeline."
Wrinkle replied.
"If you need to affect time or use your arts to take this man down these candies will give you protection...if there is any left after you can keep them, but there is not many so use them responsibly."

Adley bowed politely to the exiting spirit. "Thank you, sir." Then he looked at the candy, having never heard of such a thing before.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 30, 2020 7:50 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"It is like when..I hear Greek spoken I do not always know what it means even if I try to learn, but I remember somehow, I do not not remember my mother well but I remember her talking Greek I remember hearing other women speaking the language I remember the words even if I don't know what they mean."
Anna said softly.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, uncle in greek. The Order favors Latin terms but I use some Greek ones for us too..."
Colin nodded, "I'm sure some of the members of your mother's old craft will be all too happy to speak Greek with you, once you're a bit stronger."

Anja wrote:"They are for stopping this Chronomancer. I can not help with the fight against his Labyrinth in general, but it would not be fair if you and your allies suffer Paradox for aiding me in stopping this Fallen man ravaging my timeline."
Wrinkle replied.
Anja wrote:Adley bowed politely to the exiting spirit. "Thank you, sir." Then he looked at the candy, having never heard of such a thing before.
He looked wide-eyed into the bag, gingerly picking up a piece and looking carefully at it, "Candies that make the Consensus look away..."
He gave Adley a wry grin, "I'm sure your Pater would have an utter fit if we just told him about these out of the blue..."

Anja wrote:Anna simply continued focusing on her magick moving her hands quickly in complicated gestured her eyes focused as she muttered Latin words trying to well...annoy the Chronomancer as much as possible.
He leaned over to Adley and quietly whispered, "She should be able to slow things down, buy us time... With the candies, it might be safe-ish to send you and Nicole to the past to watch over yourselves, though you might want some manner of disguise... I should keep an eye on Anna's working; perhaps you could confer with Master Steelhaven about sending you two back, and have Serge mask you from yourselves?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 30, 2020 8:07 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

olin nodded, "I'm sure some of the members of your mother's old craft will be all too happy to speak Greek with you, once you're a bit stronger."

"If you wish to learn the language, I am after all a teacher."

He looked wide-eyed into the bag, gingerly picking up a piece and looking carefully at it, "Candies that make the Consensus look away..."
He gave Adley a wry grin, "I'm sure your Pater would have an utter fit if we just told him about these out of the blue..."

"I imagine he would; I wonder if he'd think you were able to make them, even like Willy Wonka." He shook his head wryly. "So we are able to use any leftovers, should there be any, with our discretion? Or only for time mismanagement from the opposition?"

He leaned over to Adley and quietly whispered, "She should be able to slow things down, buy us time... With the candies, it might be safe-ish to send you and Nicole to the past to watch over yourselves, though you might want some manner of disguise... I should keep an eye on Anna's working; perhaps you could confer with Master Steelhaven about sending you two back, and have Serge mask you from yourselves?"

He grimaced, then sighed. "I'll ask him, perhaps he'll have an idea of what to do," he said with a nod. "Maybe Serge should help us, indeed. Maybe even be the one to go, if he agreed to it, he is after all a Cultist...he could use his mental ars to ensure he's not recalled later, and his uncle and the master could ensure the passage is relatively safe with this additional boon. Plus, I daresay he gets along better with her than I do, though this may be one of the few things we can easily agree about. I doubt she dislikes me enough not to want me to exist." He stood up to collect his things, then cleared off his teacup and nodded to them before going to see Master Steelhaven.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 30, 2020 8:15 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

It wasn't entirely lost on him that his cabalmate seemed to not-exist in his own mind for long strentches of time. He wished he remembered him more often than he did, especially if it was just when he needed help with something. He'd forgotten all about his handy program, for instance and that could have been useful too. "Things are a little weird, if you find something you know what I mean. I assume you already know my original record?"

"I have not read your original record no, I mean I could but I did not think doing so would be welcome and while there are no laws against it for a Virtual Adept I do not have the habit of spying on my Cabalmates."
Jon replied.
"Is there anything in particular out of place you think I should look for?"

"Hm, well, that's something then."

"Yeah Cava repaired one my my game controllers a little while ago she is good at that Sir and she needs friends."
Anna replied with a nod.
"Miss Bouchard have become a friend to her."

"Yes, uncle in greek. The Order favors Latin terms but I use some Greek ones for us too..."

"I like that Theíos, Greek words are nice."
The young Orphan said with a warm smile.

Colin nodded, "I'm sure some of the members of your mother's old craft will be all too happy to speak Greek with you, once you're a bit stronger."

"Yeah that would be nice dad...to learn more about the Craft my mother belonged to, meet some of them and yes learning to speak better Greek would be nice to."
Your apprentice replied with a nod.
"I wonder what she was like, my mother I mean...I bet she was nice."
The girl added sadly.

The candy you picked up looked like a regular hard candy but it felt a bit odd to touch, it felt the way linear magick felt to be around, like something that had a back door to reality.
"That would be correct Mr Wainwright that is precisely what the candies do."
Wrinkle replied.
"And it is not something I am in the habit of handing out to mages often."

"If you wish to learn the language, I am after all a teacher."

"It would be a very nice language to learn."
Anna said with a smile.
"I would really like that."

"I imagine he would; I wonder if he'd think you were able to make them, even like Willy Wonka." He shook his head wryly. "So we are able to use any leftovers, should there be any, with our discretion? Or only for time mismanagement from the opposition?"

"If there is any leftovers after you have stopped the Chronomancer you may use them as you please however try to to abuse this as i will be watching and if my generosity is abused you can be sure I will never be able to offer aid in the future."
Wrinkle said sternly as he regarded Adley for a moment.
Adley bowed politely to the exiting spirit. "Thank you, sir." Then he looked at the candy, having never heard of such a thing before.

"Good evening to you Mr Roth Hicks...and you to young Miss Wainwright."
Wrinkle said before he left. Anna rose still a bit shaken and curtsy.
"Good evening Sir."
She muttered and the Paradox Spirit chuckle before he bowed, put his hat back on, grabbed his cane and then took one step to the side and he was gone, the oppressive, static feeling that came with him gone as well in an instant as the spirit left the apartment and the Chantry.

[Master Steelhaven's Room]

He stood up to collect his things, then cleared off his teacup and nodded to them before going to see Master Steelhaven.

You got to George's apartment and knocked on the door, after a few moments the old Hermetic opened his door and he gave you a confused look for a moment.
"Mr Roth Hicks...I did not expect you....I can not recall the last time I had...unexpected guests, then time itself do seam to be having a little hiccup at the moment...I will assume that is what you are here to talk with me about...please do come in..."
The Deacon Primus said and he moved so you could get into his apartment.
"Would you like a cup of tea or coffee Sodalis...you look quite pale if I am not to rude to say so...do you need to sit down?"
The kindly old man asked sounding a bit worried for your well being.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 30, 2020 8:34 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yes it is not a static system so it is further developed on all the time. For example in the Renaissance they started including Jewish mysticism and Kabbala though it might have been somewhat part of the system from the start as Mercere the founder was supposed to have been a Cabbalist before...his accident."
Kyle paled a little at that.
"Lately idea from for example Crowley have become common in Hermetic ideas, the foundation of the system are still Greek, Egyptian and Roman spirituality though which forms the basis for most of Western Occult ideas."

"I remember people mentioning things like Ars Fortunae. Was that Ars just created in response to the creation of the Sphere system or did they exist before then. I noticed that the initial list of Ars didn't have anything to represent fate or causality."

Anja wrote:"Is there anyone but my Mentor and Mr Wainwright?"
Stephen asked.
"And I do not know, at times Gabby speaks of others of her kind so I think they have some sort of society but I think the members of said society are pretty much left to do as they please, at least she have never spoken of any other wercats complaining that she is friends with mages."
The young mage said and Kyle nodded.
"There is a werfox over at Chantry Westchapel I hear, so she likes to hang with mages as well so it might not be that rare."

"Yeah, the last chantry I was at had a werefox. My other cabalmate also knows a lot of were-creatures. A were shark and a were-rat are the only two I know of but I think he knows more. Sometimes the were-shark wanders around here but I don't think he likes to hang around mages." Serge said, thinking of that particular Rokea.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 30, 2020 8:53 pm

[Kyle's Room]

"I remember people mentioning things like Ars Fortunae. Was that Ars just created in response to the creation of the Sphere system or did they exist before then. I noticed that the initial list of Ars didn't have anything to represent fate or causality."

"Fortunae is not an Ars it is a House Sir."
Kyle replied.
"You are correct however that in the early days of the Order one did not think one could affect anything beyond the Lunar sphere and as fate was the realm of the Gods it was not believed one could affect that directly, so no luck or fate magick. Later this have been added to Vim, but just like some say Ars Temporis for Time magick I guess some could address luck workings so as well, but there are no official Hermetic Ars for either."

"Yeah, the last chantry I was at had a werefox. My other cabalmate also knows a lot of were-creatures. A were shark and a were-rat are the only two I know of but I think he knows more. Sometimes the were-shark wanders around here but I don't think he likes to hang around mages." Serge said, thinking of that particular Rokea.

"I did not know there where wersharks Sir."
Stephen replied.
"I have heard of werrats though."
He added and Kyle nodded.
"You are originally from Westchapel are you not Mr Yager? Then it is probably that werfox we are thinking about."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 30, 2020 8:57 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"I have not read your original record no, I mean I could but I did not think doing so would be welcome and while there are no laws against it for a Virtual Adept I do not have the habit of spying on my Cabalmates."
Jon replied.
"Is there anything in particular out of place you think I should look for?"

He smiled a little. 'Your discretion is noted. I merely ask if you know what recorded Name to look up. I am reluctant to type it but it is a matter of public record all the same.

"Yeah Cava repaired one my my game controllers a little while ago she is good at that Sir and she needs friends."
Anna replied with a nod.
"Miss Bouchard have become a friend to her."

"I see."

It would be a very nice language to learn."
Anna said with a smile.

"I will ask your father when I have time to set up our student learners then."

"If there is any leftovers after you have stopped the Chronomancer you may use them as you please however try to to abuse this as i will be watching and if my generosity is abused you can be sure I will never be able to offer aid in the future."

He put up his hands a bit in earnestness. "I have no intention of using them unless there's a good reason sir, I can only hope we agree what that means. Though I believe my past history does speak for itself on that."

"Good evening to you Mr Roth Hicks...and you to young Miss Wainwright."
"Good evening Sir."
She muttered and the Paradox Spirit chuckle before he bowed, put his hat back on, grabbed his cane and then took one step to the side and he was gone, the oppressive, static feeling that came with him gone as well in an instant as the spirit left the apartment and the Chantry.

He blew out a breath and looked at the others. "Right, I guess we'd better figure this out then..."

[Master Steelhaven's Room]

Mr Roth Hicks...I did not expect you....I can not recall the last time I had...unexpected guests, then time itself do seam to be having a little hiccup at the moment...I will assume that is what you are here to talk with me about...please do come in..."
The Deacon Primus said and he moved so you could get into his apartment.
"Would you like a cup of tea or coffee Sodalis...you look quite pale if I am not to rude to say so...do you need to sit down?"
The kindly old man asked sounding a bit worried for your well being.

He couldn't remember the last time he saw surprise on the elder magus's face, perhaps never. He nodded to him as he came inside. "No, no tea i just had some with a very...ah particular spirit. If you get my meaning, sir..." He sighed. "It seems the Nephandi have taken a desperate route and are trying to get rid of me and my Etherite cabalmate, before we became mages. I guess we were together in an area at one point and that's when they're trying to kill us. There are already ripples happening, and we need to stop it. We got some help from the spirit aformentioned, but time magick is not my forte sir. It seems we have to straighten this out or we will be...gone."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 30, 2020 9:11 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Yeah that would be nice dad...to learn more about the Craft my mother belonged to, meet some of them and yes learning to speak better Greek would be nice to."
Your apprentice replied with a nod.
"I wonder what she was like, my mother I mean...I bet she was nice."
The girl added sadly.
Colin smiled thinly, "I've spoken with one of your mother's old Craft, you know... Yes, she was a kind, good woman, and she is still fondly remembered. Some day next year, we might be able to visit them, or have them over as guests."

S7trif3 wrote:"If you wish to learn the language, I am after all a teacher."
Anja wrote:"It would be a very nice language to learn."
Anna said with a smile.
S7trif3 wrote:"I will ask your father when I have time to set up our student learners then."
He nodded, "So, starting lessons next year, then?"

Anja wrote:The candy you picked up looked like a regular hard candy but it felt a bit odd to touch, it felt the way linear magick felt to be around, like something that had a back door to reality.
"That would be correct Mr Wainwright that is precisely what the candies do."
Wrinkle replied.
"And it is not something I am in the habit of handing out to mages often."
He nodded thoughtfully, even reverently, then arched an eyebrow, "So it's not a unique occasion, then? All the same... we will treat it as a once-in-severeal-lifetimes event. Hum, do they take effect after the fact, or should they be enjoyed immediately prior to doing, well, the impossible?"

S7trif3 wrote:"I imagine he would; I wonder if he'd think you were able to make them, even like Willy Wonka." He shook his head wryly. "So we are able to use any leftovers, should there be any, with our discretion? Or only for time mismanagement from the opposition?"
Anja wrote:"If there is any leftovers after you have stopped the Chronomancer you may use them as you please however try to to abuse this as i will be watching and if my generosity is abused you can be sure I will never be able to offer aid in the future."
S7trif3 wrote:He put up his hands a bit in earnestness. "I have no intention of using them unless there's a good reason sir, I can only hope we agree what that means. Though I believe my past history does speak for itself on that."
He smiled wryly, "I suspect you're not the one he suspects would be more likely to use... shortcuts he might not approve of. But you might be able to talk us out of them."
He nodded, "But, no, these are for an explicit purpose, to protect the timeline and prevent dark alterations to it; using them to try to change history, even for the better, would be improper, possibly unless a positive shift might be incidentally effected in the process of preventing a negative one. But certainly not for something such as, say, traveling back in time to deliver an item that creates a stable temporal loop, or anything of that sort... right?"

Anja wrote:"Good evening to you Mr Roth Hicks...and you to young Miss Wainwright."
"Good evening Sir."
S7trif3 wrote:He blew out a breath and looked at the others. "Right, I guess we'd better figure this out then..."
He stood and bowed politely to Wrinkle as he left, then sat down slowly once he was gone, "Well... that's the second most terrified I've been today. But as you can see, he's quite the pleasant fellow, so long as you don't cross him..."

S7trif3 wrote:He grimaced, then sighed. "I'll ask him, perhaps he'll have an idea of what to do," he said with a nod. "Maybe Serge should help us, indeed. Maybe even be the one to go, if he agreed to it, he is after all a Cultist...he could use his mental ars to ensure he's not recalled later, and his uncle and the master could ensure the passage is relatively safe with this additional boon. Plus, I daresay he gets along better with her than I do, though this may be one of the few things we can easily agree about. I doubt she dislikes me enough not to want me to exist." He stood up to collect his things, then cleared off his teacup and nodded to them before going to see Master Steelhaven.
He nodded, "I believe Master Steelhaven will be the one most able to advise us in this matter - and the fewer people go, the better. Even if using the candies. I'll let Lady Crexia know while you're upstairs."
He leaned back and tapped out a message to Crexia, 'Wrinkle just left, ARH going to consult Master Steelhaven about sending someone back to the point where time is attempted changed; Anna is trying to slow down the Fallen Chronomancer. Wrinkle has blessed us in this matter.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 30, 2020 9:30 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

He nodded, "So, starting lessons next year, then?"

"Optimistically."

He smiled wryly, "I suspect you're not the one he suspects would be more likely to use... shortcuts he might not approve of. But you might be able to talk us out of them."

"One can only hope, if need be."

"Well... that's the second most terrified I've been today. But as you can see, he's quite the pleasant fellow, so long as you don't cross him..."

"The second?"

He nodded, "I believe Master Steelhaven will be the one most able to advise us in this matter - and the fewer people go, the better. Even if using the candies. I'll let Lady Crexia know while you're upstairs."

"Thanks. My sora should probably be told also, as she's acting for the Chief, but be careful, we still don't have assurances about the security of our lines, yet." He shook his head. "My pater is going to have a few choice words when he finds out about this...I hope they're back soon."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next