Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 17 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:22 pm

Colin frowned. "Oh, God, I hadn't thought of... ehhhh... let's hope there will be little handling necessary. I truly despise having to deal with crowds."
Looking over at Tane and Coawa, he added, "I'll do what I can in that regard, though I'm afraid I'll be more efficient as a distraction than as crowd control. I do agree, though - as low profile as is feasible. In fact, um... Coawa, I don't suppose you are able to look slightly less... imposing?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 17 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:04 pm

"I am not in the House that normally would set themselves to such a task; though there is more than one way to fight a war. Depriving them of future soldiers and returning them to a state in which they have their own autonomy to choose...it would be something that I strive for." Maybe he wasn't the average, stereotypical Flambeau but as the Primus said, he was his pater's son.

"Ah yes the fire mages of House Flambeau, war mages and elementalists like their great Founder who single handedly stopped an invasion and gave his life in the process...perhaps the tasks ahead of you are not typical of your House, but they are powerful strategic elements in the war, and if you can succeed then well as you say, you can take the enemy's troops from them before they are even born. It is a difficult goal you have set for yourself, but I have faith that you can do it."
The old mage said and smiles.

Later:

He pressed his lips together, considering what she was offering him. "Beatrice, I do not know the art of correspondence...as above, so below...to achieve such a surveillance myself, though if it were done by a spirit, I might aid in the work so then it may be of use. I still must confer with my mentor as to how this will be done. And though blood is not my focus on the ars but I understand what you offer."

Beatrice looked down and smiles a little.
"I understand that you might not be able to do the working for a surveillance yourself, however I wanted to show you that I trust you and also for whoever will do the working I suspect that blood might help. I want to cooperate in any way I can. I guess that for you it would have been easier if I had a name to give, but while Verbena do use magickal names, some of us using them as our everyday...well names and others like me reserving them only for magick, I do not know how useful my name would be for you to know for it changes as I change, in fact among Verbena it is considered rude to not ask an acquaintance you have not seen in a while for their name for to assume they have the same name as last you spoke is to accuse them of not having developed at all."
Beatrice said den she looked down a bit shyly, you have noticed that members of the Verbena that you know are well known to one another still ask one another's name when meeting.
"If it would help you more in this endeavor to know the name I only use when I work magick, my shadow name, then I will give it, but for me my blood is the closest connection I can give to another mage."
The young Verbena mutters and looks up at Adley.

He thought of the way that she had cut her hands and then drawn the sigils in the air. "How do you suppose I might take this offer?" He wasn't sure if making some sort of talisman that could be found would be a good idea, considering it might be found and turned against her. But perhaps making a sigil with it and burning it might work. It seemed a natural way to join their styles.

"I..well the link I have to Hermetic magic is very old, my linage split with Hermetisism a thousand years ago or so and then merged back into the nature based traditions it came from, so my understanding of modern Hermetic magick is very limited, in fact the few times I have seen Master Steelhaven work his magick, I understand what he do better than when I see you work. However perhaps burning the blood and using the ash for a sigil could work for your Paradigm as well?"
Beatrice asked, she seamed to perk up a little then the discussion turned to magick.
"I wanted to one day study Paradigms, and develop a system to make it easier for mages to work together cross Traditions, that is how I hoped to contribute to the Traditions, well before all this happened that is."
Beatrice muttered and looked down sadly.

"I can't say for certain as there has not been time to investigate it yet but by the account that I received, it seemed to be so. As for if it is possible...while yesterday I would have said no, today a very wise person recently reminded me that we are magii and are supposed to do the impossible." He did not smile but he was trying to keep hope alive. "I will continue to find out all that I can about this, though as I said, I have not given up hope of saving you."

"It would be..wonderful if it could be done, if it was possible. I painted my Avatar once, it do not speak to me, but I have a decent idea of how he looks, I do not see him but he directs my hands when I paint...he appeared in the painting as man, a angle you could say for he had wings on his back, but the wings where black and thorn, and his skin was pallid and full of rot, his hands ended in long, sharp nails, his face the face of an old, dying man...but it was the eyes that where the most horrible, and the most beautiful, in his eyes there where nothing, I do not mean nothing as in there where no eyeballs or there was blackness, I mean in his eyes you could see nonexistence."
Beatrice said and she spoke softy, almost reverently about her Avatar.
"I have the painting in my bedroom, I thought it to be to private to display where someone might see it...however as I painted I found myself wondering, what that horror must have been before he was inverted, he looks to be in pain in a way, I am not sure he likes being the way he is, if I can, I would like to cleanse him, for both his and my sake."
Beatrice said and blushed a little as she described how her Avatar appeared to her.
"Perhaps he was beautiful once..."

"It is a bravery that many would not have, Beatrice." It was clear he thought this was admirable

Beatrice looked up at Adley, she did not know what to say, he did not feel brave, she felt terrified, but she did manage to offer a small, weak smile to the Hermetic before she looked down again.

"If it is at all possible, I will be there. I will be as close as I can be and stay with you until the end," he said earnestly. Still holding her hand he looked at it and took it with his free hand as well.

The young Verbena was silent for along moment, it was a comfort, having a friend close would perhaps not make the process less horrible, or the effect less devastating, but it was a comfort. Beatrice looked at her hand now held in both of Adley's.
"Thank you, I know seeing something like that...is not easy."
The blood witch said, she did not know what more to say, it would probably be a terrifying sight for any mage, but that Adley would be there for her helped...a little at least.

"And if afterward, I will stand by your decision then as well and assist you in completing your wishes with dignity."

Beatrice shivered she felt cold and she could no longer keep tears from rolling down her cheeks.
"I...suspect I will want to die, I have never been anything but a mage, I mean I Awakened so young, I have never gone to anything but grade school, not really had mundane friends, my life from the time I Awakened have been about magick, it is all I have, i do not know how to even imagine to live without it..."
The young mage's voice gave out and for a while she just sat there fighting to not break apart.
"Will I even be me afterwards? What will be left of me..."
Beatrice managed to ask after a while.
"And everyone I know save my mother are mages...if I survived I would no longer be one of them...I...I...would just be a painful reminder that their magick and their path could get lost, who would want to even look at me after..."
The young Verbena looked away.

"As much as I wish to look to the better path, the one in which you live free of lies, if you should want to prepare yourself somehow for that eventuality, my pater may have words for you. But if you do not wish to put your thoughts there, then that too I understand.

Beatrice whimpered as if the thought itself hurt her.
"I...well I guess the wise thing would be to prepare, I do not know if I can bare that though, I...no not yet, perhaps if the situation get more dire and I have no choice but to...face what is coming, but for now I just try to remind myself that I am still a mage...I am a mage..."
Beatrice whispered and looked down.
"Perhaps I am a coward."

I also ask that in the morning, an hour after dawn you and I will work on the Banishing ritual. I know that it seems inconsequential, but you have time left in life to do good things for yourself."

Beatrice looked up and nodded.
"I...would like that. I will be there. I have to fight my panic and remind myself that D'Angelo have not won yet...it just is so hard...I did read the marked section in the book you loaned me...I like the ritual, though I do not understand the point of all the Hebrew."
The little energist said and wiped tears from her eyes with her free hand.
"I painted a diagram of the energy flow in the ritual from the description."
Beatrice muttered and pointed to her kitchen counter where a new painting, apparently done with oil paints this time lay drying.
"Well the way I understood the energy flow at least."
The girl muttered and looked down, he voice was monotone though, she was to afraid to really take much joy in anything right now but she desperately wanted to think about something else than the danger she was in.

The painting on the counter, if you look at it when you rise, are actually pretty accurate and show the way Quintessence would flow during the ritual, the little energist had gotten the part that had to do with Quintessence flow, the spiritual meaning though seamed lost on her. Colors and lines made up a pretty detailed diagram of what someone looking at a ritualist doing the Banishing Ritual might see with watching the weaving.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:13 pm

Ryan glance at Colin in the rear view mirror.
"You have a problem with crowds, well then this might not be a good place for you to be, I mean I would like to have another mage on hand if we run into trouble, however it would also be useful to have someone to stay with the car and keep it going so we are ready to get the hell out of dodge if we need to."
The Cultist said in a concerned tone of voice.

Coawa glances at Colin.
"I can become closer to my natural form in shape, but I do not think that will be less intimidating to these humans."
He muttered in a growl.

Ryan looks at Tane.
"I fear that handling the Nephandi might not be so easy in the middle of a big, international airport, the Law of Shade, Paradox and all of that not to mention we do not know if this is a little apprentice Nephandus, or a Archmage...however when it comes to trust, Colin is a trusted member of my Chantry so I would trust him with Rosa any day, you and Jaws however here however, not so much, not before I get to know you both. Also remember there are two women we need to find, Rosa was sent to meet a Verbena Hedge Wizard, a friend of one of our Deacons the way I understood it, we need to find her as well."
The Cultist said and Coawa growled at the Jaws comment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:05 am

"I understand that you might not be able to do the working for a surveillance yourself, however I wanted to show you that I trust you and also for whoever will do the working I suspect that blood might help....If it would help you more in this endeavor to know the name I only use when I work magick, my shadow name, then I will give it, but for me my blood is the closest connection I can give to another mage."

He nodded. "If you would give me both, then I will take what works," he suggested.

"I..well the link I have to Hermetic magic is very old, my linage split with Hermetisism a thousand years ago or so and then merged back into the nature based traditions it came from, so my understanding of modern Hermetic magick is very limited, in fact the few times I have seen Master Steelhaven work his magick, I understand what he do better than when I see you work. However perhaps burning the blood and using the ash for a sigil could work for your Paradigm as well?"

"Yes, I had noticed that as well." He looked back at her and then added, "It could suffice for myself but as it is not just my working it will be dependent on how well it will gel. But I think that it will help." Then he asked, "You learned your style from your mentor, did you not? Has he told you much of it?"

I am not sure he likes being the way he is, if I can, I would like to cleanse him, for both his and my sake." Beatrice said and blushed a little as she described how her Avatar appeared to her."Perhaps he was beautiful once..."

"Perhaps. If it is true that somehow your avatar wishes that it were not tainted then that may be why you are not touched. But it is hard to know of course." He did not ask to see the work, for it was a personal thing and even talking about it was probably more than she had told many people.

"And everyone I know save my mother are mages...if I survived I would no longer be one of them...I...I...would just be a painful reminder that their magick and their path could get lost, who would want to even look at me after..."

He looked at her with a sad expression. "Even in my own Tradition there are places for those who have had problems, who have had things taken from them and their lives diminished in scope," he said, thinking of the Mercere. "There could still be good things for you to do, if nothing else, to fight for others with your similar affliction. But I can't make that choice for you and I know it will be painful either way."

for now I just try to remind myself that I am still a mage...I am a mage..."Beatrice whispered and looked down. "Perhaps I am a coward."

"You are not a coward. What you face is terrible. Forgive me for upsetting you further, that was not my intent." He didn't want her to panic again and sink herself into doing more magick to the point of exhaustion.

"I painted a diagram of the energy flow in the ritual from the description." Beatrice muttered and pointed to her kitchen counter where a new painting, apparently done with oil paints this time lay drying."Well the way I understood the energy flow at least."

He looked over at the painting, finally releasing her hand to go examine it. "This is accurate in many respects," he said after a moment. As for the Hebrew, there are Words of power that contain specific resonances and in turn, forces. These act as keys, they open or close the way, direct and redirect energy or powers based on the principles along with the other components." There were no large secrets in anything he had said that could not be found in a cursory examination of the internet or the book he'd already given her. He also knew the most of his sodalis found that the true power was in the sound not the meaning, wherein he found power could be found in both.

Discreetly he looked a the time; much as he did not want to leave her in sorrow, so too could he not afford to be late.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:33 am

Colin nodded. "I'll take the role of the wheelman, then, while you're inside. I've always had... difficulties handling crowds. It didn't get easier after the Service, I'm afraid. Oh, I can navigate them just fine, but the only way I can effectively manipulate them would be from the cockpit; hardly a suitable approach in most circumstances, I'm afraid."
Casting a glance over at Coawa, he added, "Also, Mr. Darehill, it is generally considered bad form, not to mention rather unwise, to offhandedly antagonize a gentleman who can dismantle you barehanded. Diplomacy is not merely an art, it's a necessity. Would you not agree, Tane?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:26 am

He nodded. "If you would give me both, then I will take what works," he suggested.

Beatrice nodded she looks at Adley and whispers.
"Kallikratea"
It was common for those Verbena who kept their shadow names hidden to have much meaning behind them while the ones who used them as their regular names generally, while they chose a name based on their path, they often chosen also for the beauty in the name, the ones who kept their names to themselves tended to only go by meaning though.
"It is Greek."
Beatrice said, though she suspected she did not need to tell the linguist that.
"It means beautiful power, since I am a energist, that is my base Paradigm, energy work."
The young Verbena blushed again it was not many beside her mentor who knew that name, she was not used to speaking it where others might hear.

"Yes, I had noticed that as well." He looked back at her and then added, "It could suffice for myself but as it is not just my working it will be dependent on how well it will gel. But I think that it will help." Then he asked, "You learned your style from your mentor, did you not? Has he told you much of it?"

Beatrice nodded.
"Yes Amadeus found me when I had just been Awakened for a few days, nearly all I know about magick I have learned from him, he have not told me allot about it,he have a dual Paradigm, which I understand is rare, he is initiated as a Blood Witch, you see the Verbena do not really have Houses like you do, but we do have faction, we have four main factions based on our Essence, I am a Twister of Fate because my Avatar is Primordial, however we also have groups that would be more similar to your Houses, but they are less formally organized, there are Blood Witches, Storm Wives, Spellweavers and so on, each with their own Paradigm. However Amadeus mentor was a druidess he say, and also."
The young Verbena hesitated.
"My mentor is a nearly complete reincarnation of someone who lived before, and most of his understanding of magick comes from that person. You see most magi have flashes of memories from earlier lives, but some do not have memories, they have the complete person an personality of an earlier incarnation, this is rare outside of the Akashic Brotherhood who have rituals to bring such complete memories forth...or something I do not really know. However it do happen. Amadeus was never a child, he was born Awakened and say that as soon as his brain was developed enough to house his personality it emerged. I do not know who he was though, he have never told me, but I think he might have been a Hermetic, for while he also use blood, he chants like you do during his workings, something I have never managed to get to work for me."
Beatrice explained.

"Perhaps. If it is true that somehow your avatar wishes that it were not tainted then that may be why you are not touched. But it is hard to know of course." He did not ask to see the work, for it was a personal thing and even talking about it was probably more than she had told many people.

"It is very Entropic, and I think it have always been that, it would not be uncommon for a Primodial, but I think it do not wish to be corrupted, I do not know it...do not talk to me, all I get are feelings and images."
Beatrice said and sounded frustrated, sometimes she wished the soul would just talk with her, he was glad Adley did not ask to see the painting of her Avatar, unlike her new Dreamspeaker friend she did not think the appearance of her innermost being was easy to share. Beatrice had only told her mentor about that painting and no one else, an none but her eyes had seen it, she kept it covered in her chambers under a silk veil, to look at when in private, there might come a time when she would share the painting with Adley, but not yet, as of yet it was just to personal.

He looked at her with a sad expression. "Even in my own Tradition there are places for those who have had problems, who have had things taken from them and their lives diminished in scope," he said, thinking of the Mercere. "There could still be good things for you to do, if nothing else, to fight for others with your similar affliction. But I can't make that choice for you and I know it will be painful either way."

"Verbena have...no such places."
Beatrice muttered sadly.
"We take care of our own, but if you are no longer a mage, then you are no longer Verbena."
The young blood witch shook lightly from fear.
"If there is something, I can do with my life if...the worst where to happen, I would like to help others like myself, and perhaps I could still study Paradigms, if I would be able to understand a shifting concept of reality and world views without my..."
The young Verbena did not finish that sentence.
"I guess I do not know, I mean I have never seen anyone who have been...I, the closest reference I have is a letter with final words I once heard read. When I was just a kid something horrible happened to a mage from the Chantry I lived at, I do not know what Amadeus would not tell me, they say a creature of some sort took him in the night, turned him into something that could not support a Awakened Avatar, I do not know what, us apprentices was never told, instead we where hid away in the most secure part of the Chantry while the Adepts and Masters went to to seek blood vengeance at the loss of our brother...and to put our former Chantrymate out of his misery, when they came back they gathered the Chantry members and read to us a final letter from the fallen mage, the words sounded like him, they sounded sorrowful and hollow, but they where his words, they seamed to come from someone with the same mind I would guess he was the same person...but I...well that is the closest thing I have been to knowing what a mage who have lost their...Avatar is like. I mean I do not know if I will be a vegetable in the corner or just...lost..."
The young Verbena sobbed softly, this was hard for her to talk about, and thinking about it did not exactly help her stay any calmer.

"You are not a coward. What you face is terrible. Forgive me for upsetting you further, that was not my intent." He didn't want her to panic again and sink herself into doing more magick to the point of exhaustion.

Beatrice was silent for a while.
"Do not apologize, you are not upsetting me, the situation is. I fear I do not face this with much dignity though."
The young Verbena sigh.
"I have wanted to read The Confessions of Heylel Teomim from the Fragile Path, he was a traitor and I do not support his actions but they say he went to his fate with his head held high and kept his dignity, Amadeus have forbidden me from reading the text though, he said there are drawings in it that would upset me, I was not allowed to read it as an apprentice due to the drawings not being appropriate for little willworkers as he said, and then after my trial he meant they would be to much for me. I asked Colin if he could get me a copy with just the text, but he advised me that reading the traitor's words might look bad for me right now, I do not know it is a common volume, most Chantries have at least one copy, but I guess he is right, Colin is often wise."
The young Verbena said, she was clearly tired and her fear, strong emotion and all that had happened made her body and mind scream for rest, but she seamed to force herself to stay awake, afraid of the dreams that haunted her since her Branding and afraid of waking to being arrested.

He looked over at the painting, finally releasing her hand to go examine it. "This is accurate in many respects," he said after a moment. As for the Hebrew, there are Words of power that contain specific resonances and in turn, forces. These act as keys, they open or close the way, direct and redirect energy or powers based on the principles along with the other components." There were no large secrets in anything he had said that could not be found in a cursory examination of the internet or the book he'd already given her. He also knew the most of his sodalis found that the true power was in the sound not the meaning, wherein he found power could be found in both.

Beatrice found that she missed the warmth of Adley's hands on hers, being that close to him had made her feel...no the young Verbena pushed that aside, that could never be, he was a Hermetic of a fine lineage, and she was a Verbena, of and equally fine linage perhaps but a Verbena non the less and far more relevant widderslainte, no, even thinking along those lines would only lead to heartache...The young Verbena looked towards her painting.
"I have never gotten words to work for me, I did it in the beginning, I imitated Amadeus, but I soon found I might as well recite nursery rhymes, sounds carry no power for me, it is my mind that direct energy and blood help me focus it."
Beatrice explained.
"But I will try it."
She added softly. Beatrice seamed rather weak where she more lay than sat in her chair, overwhelmed by emotion and well having gotten ten minutes of sleep since she worked all those Wards, she needed rest or she would collapse and make herself ill, student of Life or no.
"I...guess I should put on some coffee."
Beatrice muttered to herself in her fear of the nightmares that came with sleep and she begun to rise from her chair.
"I do not think I can stay awake much longer without it...it is now I wish I had studied the secrets of the mind."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:36 am

Ryan nodded.
"Very well, wheelman it is then. And do not worry about it, I do think having someone ready to get us the hell out of here is a boon."
The Cultist said as he got out of the car then he grinned.
"I mean no offense, I guess I am not very used to other Awakened beings, I know a vampire and a couple of spirits, that is about it."
He said then he smiles.
"I never was much of a diplomat, but speaking of that, if you should happen to see any Void Engineers around here, do not panic, this airport have a Resonance that are uniquely suited for an Umbra dock, you know, for ships, so we, as in the Traditionalists of Boston share one with them as in the Void Engineers, instead of fighting over it in a very public location. I remember when that truce was formed, I think it was agreed upon that the only winners of such a conflict would be the Paradox spirits, so yeah there might be Crats around, do not trust them but the Void Engineers do not hunt us like the other Top Hats do, so everyone just stay clear of them if you see any and they should do the same for us...hopefully. There have not been a conflict between Traditionalists and Crats on Logan's for quite some time so the airport have become a sort of unofficial neutral grounds, let us not be the ones to break the peace at least."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:00 am

Colin nodded, climbing out of the back seat and into the driver's seat.
"So, an armistice, not a truce... That's fair. I'll keep a finger on the ignition and be ready to spin out of here. Here, in case you need an extra body inside instead."
Colin handed over one of his business cards, with his phone number neatly printed in the corner.
"Do not worry too much should you lose the card itself - I've done enough business over the past decade that they're well distributed in the city in any case."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:42 am

'Kallikratea," he repeated, a feminized form of Kallikratēs; beautiful power, Καλλικράτέα. 'Yes. If you still wish to give the blood then I will accept that. As I said, I do know that names are likely to be useful and I agree making a sigil should be the easiest bridge."

My mentor is a nearly complete reincarnation of someone who lived before, and most of his understanding of magick comes from that person...

He did not hide his surprise. Oh...but this could be very bad, depending on exactly which incarnation it was. There was little doubt that he was Diedne now, just which Diedne and how much of a grudge did he carry along into this lifetime. As if they needed yet another threat. "I see."

"If there is something, I can do with my life if...the worst where to happen, I would like to help others like myself, and perhaps I could still study Paradigms, if I would be able to understand a shifting concept of reality and world views without my..."

"I believe that you could," he said quietly.

well that is the closest thing I have been to knowing what a mage who have lost their...Avatar is like. I mean I do not know if I will be a vegetable in the corner or just...lost..."

He frowned, listening to the tale and wondering if the mage had fallen to vampirism and how upset that Beatrice got when she thought of what could happen to her. Then he shook his head. "Or neither of those. Your fate may not be like theirs."

I asked Colin if he could get me a copy with just the text, but he advised me that reading the traitor's words might look bad for me right now, I do not know it is a common volume, most Chantries have at least one copy, but I guess he is right, Colin is often wise."

"I agree with Colin in this. Yes, he is often wise." He was quiet a moment, thinking of how Colin had rushed to go help him, had given him a plan. "I am very grateful to him, he came to assist me tonight."

"I have never gotten words to work for me, I did it in the beginning, I imitated Amadeus, but I soon found I might as well recite nursery rhymes, sounds carry no power for me, it is my mind that direct energy and blood help me focus it." Beatrice explained. "But I will try it."

He nodded slowly. He, too had tried to copy his pater and in many respects the Order's work was based on the ability to duplicate and replicate and so this had not been much of a hardship in the start. In most ways he and his mentor's styles were similar, as one would imagine. But he was more careful with his incantations and his vocal techniques when he applied his Will to them. Still, imitation was often where one started off. "Perhaps you will not find that component especially useful, or maybe you will come to a new understanding."

"I...guess I should put on some coffee."Beatrice muttered to herself in her fear of the nightmares that came with sleep and she begun to rise from her chair."I do not think I can stay awake much longer without it...it is now I wish I had studied the secrets of the mind."

"I think you should at least try to sleep, if you are tired. At least -one- of us should sleep," he said, with a slight wry look. Watch sleep was supposed to be sufficient but he would need at least a few hours of rest at some point tomorrow if possible. "I found myself thinking the same thing tonight. That I should have built my interior stronger as I worked on my exterior. I'm sorry but I really must go, I cannot be late," he said reluctantly.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:55 am

Oh, come on, the "Fish" one was worst. Tane said about the Wereshark's growl.
I'm no diplomat either, but politeness and diplomacy are two different things. It's simple, and you don't need to wait the other to be capable of ripping your lungs appart to start considering what words might be unsettling to the other. Said tane when asked.
About handling her... i'm a pretty good fighter, even without magic. SHe has the same limitations as us, i would think. But i meant dealing with her as keeping her busy. I'll keep her busy, Coawa will appear as a security guard and start driving people away and you'll take the girls, then. Nice and easy, right?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:46 am

Adley:

Kallikratea," he repeated, a feminized form of Kallikratēs; beautiful power, Καλλικράτέα. 'Yes. If you still wish to give the blood then I will accept that. As I said, I do know that names are likely to be useful and I agree making a sigil should be the easiest bridge."

Beatrice nodded she looked down.
"Yes take it, just in case, just be careful with it, for anyone who can work with blood possessing a sample of mine means they can pretty much cut right through my defenses."
The young mage who practiced blood bases sympathetic magick said.

He did not hide his surprise. Oh...but this could be very bad, depending on exactly which incarnation it was. There was little doubt that he was Diedne now, just which Diedne and how much of a grudge did he carry along into this lifetime. As if they needed yet another threat. "I see."

Beatrice nodded she expected surprise, complete reincarnations where rare, but then it was not like her mentor hid it either, so it was probably not a problem for her to talk about it.
"Well I do not know that much about it, I mean I do not have one single clear past life memory, just some shadowy fragments of buildings and a landscape I have never seen in this life, but it is so unclear it might as well be a painting or movie or something I have seen when to young to fully remember. If you want to know more you have to ask Amadeus himself, though he seldom say much about it, he say he is a full reincarnation but he have never shared many details about his former life, but from his workings I guess he was a Hermetic, and probably one from before the Sphere system was invented."
Beatrice said, she could never imagine that anyone would see Amadeus as a threat so she spoke freely on it.

"I believe that you could," he said quietly.

Beatrice nodded sadly she looked down at the floor.
"I...guess it would be better than just...wasting what was left of me."
The young Verbena said, she did not like to think about it.

He frowned, listening to the tale and wondering if the mage had fallen to vampirism and how upset that Beatrice got when she thought of what could happen to her. Then he shook his head. "Or neither of those. Your fate may not be like theirs."

"Well Mercere managed to write book and lead a House for years after his accident...that must mean there was something left of him..."
Beatrice said sadly, she did not want to think about how life would be without...
"I think I will have to ask someone who have seen...someone afterwards, but I do not know if I have the courage for such a conversation, but I should decide if I want to live or die afterwards...now when I am whole, as I suspect I will only long for death after...it is done and...might not be in a good place to make the decision then, but I will need to know what....how much...would be left of...me...of my mind..."
Beatrice said her words where full of anguish and terror, she wanted to work her magick to feel it was there, but she was tired and it almost felt like her Avatar was tired as well...could they feel that, exhaustion? Beatrice did not know, but she did not want to strain it and find out either.

"I agree with Colin in this. Yes, he is often wise." He was quiet a moment, thinking of how Colin had rushed to go help him, had given him a plan. "I am very grateful to him, he came to assist me tonight."

"He is a good man, he reminds me of my father, my mundane father."
Beatrice said with a slight smile.
"He will become a good mentor for a young mage one day, not that Orphans that often take apprentices, but he should."
The young Verbena comment.

He nodded slowly. He, too had tried to copy his pater and in many respects the Order's work was based on the ability to duplicate and replicate and so this had not been much of a hardship in the start. In most ways he and his mentor's styles were similar, as one would imagine. But he was more careful with his incantations and his vocal techniques when he applied his Will to them. Still, imitation was often where one started off. "Perhaps you will not find that component especially useful, or maybe you will come to a new understanding."

Beatrice smiles at this, the thought of learning more about magick and perhaps get a greater understanding cheered her up, if just a little.
"Perhaps...perhaps it will be a building block to understand Amadeus' magick better.
The young Verbena said.
"I will try my best at it."

"I think you should at least try to sleep, if you are tired. At least -one- of us should sleep," he said, with a slight wry look. Watch sleep was supposed to be sufficient but he would need at least a few hours of rest at some point tomorrow if possible. "I found myself thinking the same thing tonight. That I should have built my interior stronger as I worked on my exterior. I'm sorry but I really must go, I cannot be late," he said reluctantly.

Beatrice sigh, she saw worry in the Hermetic's eyes and she did not want him to be concerned about her, if he had to keep watch over someone teetering on the bring of Quiet all night, the last thing he needed where worry chasing away what little sleep he might actually get.
"I will try to sleep."
The young Verbena said as she looked at her Cabalmate.
"Go Adley do not worry about me, Amadeus have said he will check on me later, they are having a Council meeting tonight, he have said he will visit me after the meeting, I will be cared for."
Beatrice said and tried to ease her friend's worry about leaving her alone in her frightened state.
"Our Chantrymate with a paradox issue, you can help, my fear, you can not."
The Verbena said, she did not want him to leave, but she did not say that and she would hold back the worst of her tears until he was out of her apartment not to worry him further, it was not her he should focus on tonight and Beatrice did not want Adley to feel guilty about leaving to go and perform the tasks he had been given.

Colin and Tane:

Ryan nodded to Colin.
"Good, I have my phone and will call you if I need you, for now the most important thing is that you are ready to get my apprentice and the Hedge Wizard out of here, the static mage might be powerful for all I know, but Rosa is as defenseless as a sleeper, I do not want to leave her in danger."
Ryan took Colin's card and put it in his pocked.
"Very Well."

Coawa sigh then he nodded.
"It is not the comment, it is the spirit in which it was said."
The shifter commented.
"I am part fish, that is so, it is that this mage do not see an individual, he see a creature, he do not see Coawa, he see a...as he say other Awakened creature."
The wereshark said.
"It is as if I had not seen you, but only your magick, just Gifts on a stick, you would not like that."
He commented.

Ryan looked at Coawa and sigh.
"You are right, I saw you that way, and that was rude, I am sorry Coawa."
The Cultist said after the wereshark's surprisingly insightful comment.

The Cultist blinked at Tane.
"There are many thousand people in there, I doubt one security guard would do much, I mean the other guards would start of ask why he was evacuating people."
The Cultist comment then he added.
"Now as for if fighting will be useful, it depend on just how powerful she is, and how insane, in either case I think we should have as plan A to just go in there and find the woman and get out again, with little else fuss about it, and then you can distract the Nephandus if we see her...one thing to, you where a Dreamspeaker? Can you communicate with spirits? A big place like this are bound to have one, the spirit of the airport? If we do not find the women immediately, do you think you could convince that spirit to help give us an idea of what is going on?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 am

Beatrice nodded she looked down. "Yes take it, just in case, just be careful with it, for anyone who can work with blood possessing a sample of mine means they can pretty much cut right through my defenses."

He nodded, taking a small piece of paper that he would use later and gesturing for her to make a mark with her hand. Then he will take the paper and put it away carefully with his smaller tools, out of site and somewhere he won't lose it.

If you want to know more you have to ask Amadeus himself, though he seldom say much about it, he say he is a full reincarnation but he have never shared many details about his former life, but from his workings I guess he was a Hermetic, and probably one from before the Sphere system was invented."

Not likely to happen but he found that he could not continue to ask her about her mentor, especially not when she was in such a state. Perhaps nothing would come of it but he was a Flambeau. It might come to pass that he would not be as discriminate if things go poorly with Beatrice, no matter how hard he had tried on her behalf. He hoped not. He said, "I do sometimes wonder what my own avatar has been through but a full reincarnation seems a much more complex and rare event, to have the entire memory or much of it intact."

"Well Mercere managed to write book and lead a House for years after his accident...that must mean there was something left of him..." Beatrice said sadly, she did not want to think about how life would be without...I think I will have to ask someone who have seen...someone afterwards, but I do not know if I have the courage for such a conversation

He nodded to her. "Yes, it was House Mercere of which I was thinking. As for the other...we shall see." If Colin might make contact with the other mage, and her mentor allow it, perhaps this wish could be granted.

"He will become a good mentor for a young mage one day, not that Orphans that often take apprentices, but he should."
The young Verbena comment.

Adley smiled a little bit. "I agree. Anyone would be fortunate to have him as their teacher." Himself included, come to that.

The young Verbena said. "I will try my best at it."

"I know you will. I believe that we were the three of us going to try for tomorrow night but I would still like to do this in the morning together." He looked around at the messy room and then said, "There is enough room for two people to work in my apartment, just barely. I will see you in the morning. Do try to sleep if you can," he repeated. "Oh...and eat something when you awaken, something light but something." The last thing he needed was her to pass out. He put the empty tea cup down.

Beatrice said and tried to ease her friend's worry about leaving her alone in her frightened state. "Our Chantrymate with a paradox issue, you can help, my fear, you can not."

He moved towards the door and outside, checking himself again to make sure he had everything he needed, reviewing the instructions, took a moment to stop off at the bath, make sure Richard's number was up on the speed dial, the phone had a charge, that he had his alarm worked out to wake him at half hour intervals...no more screwing up. Then walked through the Chantry back towards Mr Sharaya's  apartments to knock on the door.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:36 am

He nodded, taking a small piece of paper that he would use later and gesturing for her to make a mark with her hand. Then he will take the paper and put it away carefully with his smaller tools, out of site and somewhere he won't lose it.

Beatrice nodded and when directed he made a small mark on the paper with her hand.

"I do sometimes wonder what my own avatar has been through but a full reincarnation seems a much more complex and rare event, to have the entire memory or much of it intact."

The young mage nodded.
"I have read somewhere that Egyptian magi used that method to gain immortality, they make sure they where reborn with their minds intact...it can not have been easy though, to be a child with an old mage's mind."

He nodded to her. "Yes, it was House Mercere of which I was thinking. As for the other...we shall see." If Colin might make contact with the other mage, and her mentor allow it, perhaps this wish could be granted.

Beatrice got a sinking feeling that the other mage Adley had spoken of, even if she had been cleansed, might not have had a happy ending...she did not ask though, right now she did not want to know the answer.

Adley smiled a little bit. "I agree. Anyone would be fortunate to have him as their teacher." Himself included, come to that.

Beatrice gave a true smile this time and nodded, it was a strange thing really, they where both magi of fine, powerful linages, and yet they deferred to an Orphan with no formal training, but it was true Colin was wise, and kind, he would be a good leader but he might not know that himself.

"I know you will. I believe that we were the three of us going to try for tomorrow night but I would still like to do this in the morning together." He looked around at the messy room and then said, "There is enough room for two people to work in my apartment, just barely. I will see you in the morning. Do try to sleep if you can," he repeated. "Oh...and eat something when you awaken, something light but something." The last thing he needed was her to pass out. He put the empty tea cup down.

"I asked and there is a ritual room available tomorrow evening, I have reserved it, I would like to do the working in the morning yes, I will meet you one hour after dawn."
Beatrice said and smiles, she was actually looking forward to learning this ritual and it was lifting her spirits to think about it, at least it made her feel a little bit better.
"I will try to eat something. I did have lunch, Colin came here and talked with me about a similar ritual to the Lesser Banishing that he use, I guess I got so engaged in it I forget about...my problems for a few moments, I ate then, but I will try to eat something when I wake up."
The young Verbena ensured her friend, but she could not imagine that she would be hungry.
"Good evening my friend."
Beatrice said as Adley left. Once the Hermetic was out of earshot though she sank down to the floor and cried, she wrapped her thin arms around herself and shook with each sob, the situation was so dire, more likely than not, she would be Gilgulled...how could she face that? The young Verbena cried desperately until sleep finally came, she did not have the strength to get to her bedroom, and she cried herself to sleep on the floor of her apartment.

He moved towards the door and outside, checking himself again to make sure he had everything he needed, reviewing the instructions, took a moment to stop off at the bath, make sure Richard's number was up on the speed dial, the phone had a charge, that he had his alarm worked out to wake him at half hour intervals...no more screwing up. Then walked through the Chantry back towards Mr Sharaya's apartments to knock on the door.

Narim opened the door, he was imply dressed for bed now in jogging pants and a white tshirt. As Adley arrived Darriel Haagen who had apparently taken over for Ryan to watch over the Virtual Adept' got up and gave the Deacon a slight bow.
"Good night Narim, I wish you good health."
Darriel also gave Adley a nod before he left the room. Narim gestured Adley into his room and said in a bit of an embarrassed tone of voice.
"I seam to be worrying everyone."
You see that he had made up the sofa in his room with fresh sheets, pillow and plenty of blankets.
"I am sorry I do not have a spare bed, will this do?"
Narim said he clearly did not like to inconvenience others like this.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:13 am

"I will try to eat something. I did have lunch, Colin came here and talked with me about a similar ritual to the Lesser Banishing that he use, I guess I got so engaged in it I forget about...my problems for a few moments, I ate then, but I will try to eat something when I wake up."
The young Verbena ensured her friend, but she could not imagine that she would be hungry.
"Good evening my friend."

"Good night." He was glad that Colin had spent some time with her and that they'd had something to talk about that wasn't something so troubling. At least for a little while.

Narim opened the door, he was imply dressed for bed now in jogging pants and a white tshirt. As Adley arrived Darriel Haagen who had apparently taken over for Ryan to watch over the Virtual Adept' got up and gave the Deacon a slight bow.

"Good evening," he said to the Deacon. Then as he spotted Mr Haagen nodding to him and asked him, "Good evening, Mr Haagen. Do you know if someone is coming in the morning?" If not, he would tell Beatrice to meet him slightly later since he did not know what the Deacon's sleep pattern. He moved inside as he was asked in and then blinked at the pile of bedding on the couch. "That is very kind of you but I will not need blankets. I do not plan on sleeping very deeply and if I lie down I will have a harder time waking up," he explained. "I will try not to wake you up but I will have to check on you every hour," he added.

He did not want to make him feel more embarrassed; he knew this was bound to be an uncomfortable evening at best. "People are concerned for your well-being and that is how it should be, sir." Adley waited until the other mage had left and then looked around the apartment, where he would have to set up the detection spell that his mentor had prescribed. Then he said in a softer tone, "I am also concerned. I told myself not to apologise, because it was not a sufficient thing to say to you. Instead I am here if you need me and I hope that you will not."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:56 am

"Good evening," he said to the Deacon. Then as he spotted Mr Haagen nodding to him and asked him, "Good evening, Mr Haagen. Do you know if someone is coming in the morning?"

Darrian nodded and stopped in the doorway when Adley asked him a question.
"Yes Mr Roth Hicks, I am, currently I am studying in preparation for an experiment so it do not matter to me where I sit and do that, and I enjoy Narim's company so I volunteered."
The Alchemist said, his voice was pleasant. Darrian Haagen where a handsome man with almond shaped, brown eyes, a fine featured face with a well kept short beard, he dressed nicely in a pressed shirt white shirt, dark green west and pressed dark green pants, the Solificati where tall and fairly slender, he gave another nod and quietly left.

Narim scratched his head.
"I understand, well let me know if you need anything."
The young Master of the Art said.
"Ehm...there are coffee and such in he kitchen, feel free to help yourself to anything you want."
Narim said he seamed a bit nervous, both about the Paradox and over having someone watch him sleep, he felt rather vulnerable, but it could not be helped.

The best places for the wards would probably be right outside the Virtual Adept's bedroom, there is had the greatest chance to detect if a Paradox Spirit manifested, none of the Chantry's wards could keep out a Paradox Spirit but wards could detect them. Narim sigh and nods.
"I am the one who should thank you, these restraints."
The Adept said and picked the handcuffs of a table.
"Will prevent me from doing harm if I enter a Quiet, however if I get sick then someone watching out for that might save me in time if it get serious, and do not apologize, it is not your fault."
The young Master of the Art opened the cuffs and placed the metal around his own wrists then a bit clumsily tossed the keys to Adley.
"It is odd you know, I feel nothing from these, you should thing something that stop you from working magick would itch or something but no, they are just cold, I do feel oddly boxed in though."
The Virtual Adept muttered.
"I am very glad I am not under arrest on Horizon and would have to wear them for any length of time, that it will only be while I sleep and are the most vulnerable for a Quiet."

Narim Sharaya yawned and hid the yawn behind his bound hands.
"Well I should be going to bed...I got up at four thirty this morning."
He said, speaking mostly because the situation was uncomfortable and silence would be awkward.
"I am taking an apprentice, and she live in another part of the world so chatting with her have to be done at, awkward times, but she is getting close to Awakening now, I notice that in her words and questions and when she do Awaken I will bring her here...I do not know if I am ready for a student though, and apprentice that would depend on me for how ever long it will take to train her...it is a little overwhelming."
The young Master of the Art who was better with computers than people gave an uncertain smile.
"I...ehm...well I guess I should say good night then Mr Roch Hicks."
Narim said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:23 pm

"Yes Mr Roth Hicks, I am, currently I am studying in preparation for an experiment so it do not matter to me where I sit and do that, and I enjoy Narim's company so I volunteered."

"What time should I expect you? I prefer early times, I arise at dawn normally but if that is not acceptable, then let me know. And here is my number, should something go awry." He quickly wrote down his number and passed it off to him, trying to recall the last time he talked to him. He had a nice voice. "Thank you Mr Haagan, I will see you in the morning and I wish you success in your work. " He watched the Solificati leave and then turned to Narim.

"I understand, well let me know if you need anything." The young Master of the Art said.

"Please, you don't need to treat me as a guest I am here on your behalf, as a guard. Your well being ans safety are my priority at this time." He was about to say sir, when he asked instead, "Would you prefer it if I used your first name...I understand this is uncomfortable, this is not the best situation for us." He was trying to put him at ease as best he could but he was not quite a stranger to him, not like the Solificati that had been here earlier who at least had spoken to him before. But he knew he was more informal and after having spoken with the Primus, he figured that standing on titles would probably make him feel even more awkward. "All I need is a few moments to set the detection ward at the entrance of your bedchamber. Then every hour I will wake up and check on you, as I said I will try not to wake you unless it is necessary. If something physical should happen to you, I will call my cabalmate to heal you and in the event of anything spiritual or signs of Quiet, my mentor." He hoped nothing would happen.

"I am the one who should thank you, these restraints." The Adept said and picked the handcuffs of a table."Will prevent me from doing harm if I enter a Quiet, however if I get sick then someone watching out for that might save me in time if it get serious, and do not apologize, it is not your fault."

Adley winced. "It is my fault. And I would rather you be free to work and sleep rather than kept under restraint."

"Well I should be going to bed...I got up at four thirty this morning." He said, speaking mostly because the situation was uncomfortable and silence would be awkward."I am taking an apprentice...

"Ah, forgive me," Adley said. "Your soon-to-be apprentice is most fortunate; I think you will be a very good mentor, Narim. I will not waste your sleep time further, just give me a few moments to set the detection ward. It will be hard to sleep while I'm casting it I'm afraid." He was trying to inject a little humour, since sleeping through his chanting would be difficult unless he was a sound sleeper, but he didn't dither either, getting ready to cast a short ritual.

He retrieved his wand and walked to the area so he could form the spell that his mentor had shown him, similar in outcome to the ones that he had helped every month for the Chantry. He started with calling the Four names, the quarters and protective Powers, inscribing the air with the sigils from the tablets and then specifying it with a dedication of protection for the specific area, making specific geometrical gestures with his wand. Then he added a specific component for the area, his voice filling the room with vibration.

"I call upon You, Lady Isis, whom Agathos Daimon permitted to rule in the entire Black Land. Your name is LOU LOULOU BATHARTHAR THARE'SIBATH ATHERNEKLE'SICH ATHERNEBOUNI E'ICHOMO' CHOMO'THI Isis Sothis, SOUE'RI, Boubastis, EURELIBAT CHAMARI NEBOUTOS OUE'RI AIE' E'OA O'AI, Protect this place in the name of your son, Horus...for I am the One Established in Pelusium, SERPHOUTH MOUISRO' STROMMO' MOLO'TH MOLONTHE'R PHON. I AM that I am. I am THOTH, the Seeker and and Establisher of the Eye, HE who brings things into being with the Sound of my thoughts. Protect this place, let the alarms ring when disturbed, mother of sound Eye of Horus, through the darkest of nights. By these Words and Signs, by my Will, so IT IS done."

When he was done, he stood a moment as the sounds settled back from their ringing to the normal hum of the room and looked over at the Adept. He smiled a small encouraging smile, hoping he hadn't made him feel too strange, and then stepped away from the chamber. "Good night, Narim. I wish you a peaceful evening," he said, his voice sounding normal again, as if he was used to that sort of thing happening.

// 10,4 Arete roll - Pr2Sp2, alarm spell that is worked into the current Chantry's weavings - (I don't know how many success I need but let me know if I need to roll again).

I assume his pater has a specific way he did things based on Quabbalistic & Latin-based warding so the first bit is just as he would have done it. Then he added something to specify a new area to be put under extra guard but if the 'flavour' is off I can adjust it; I made it up based on the magickal Papyri and Verbum of Hermes - the left eye of Horus is one of the most powerful protections under Egyptian based systems, so I figured it worked though it was less Quabbalistic.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:22 pm

"What time should I expect you? I prefer early times, I arise at dawn normally but if that is not acceptable, then let me know. And here is my number, should something go awry." He quickly wrote down his number and passed it off to him, trying to recall the last time he talked to him. He had a nice voice. "Thank you Mr Haagan, I will see you in the morning and I wish you success in your work. " He watched the Solificati leave and then turned to Narim.

"I usually rise early myself Mr Roth Hicks."
The Solificati said.
"I have to take my familiar out for her morning walk, let us say around dawn if that works for you."
The man was pleasant and polite but Solificati was used to being outsiders, and the Alchemist usually kept himself to himself with only his books and his familiar for company.

"Please, you don't need to treat me as a guest I am here on your behalf, as a guard. Your well being ans safety are my priority at this time." He was about to say sir, when he asked instead, "Would you prefer it if I used your first name...I understand this is uncomfortable, this is not the best situation for us."

"I generally always prefer if people use my first name unless we are at a Tribunal or I are representing the Chantry in an official capacity."
The Virtual Adept said then he smiles.
"Thank you. As for treating you as a guest, well I know you are here to do a job, but that do not mean I do not want to be polite."
The Adept said and smiles, he was clearly a kind man, though a bit awkward in how he related to others.

"All I need is a few moments to set the detection ward at the entrance of your bedchamber. Then every hour I will wake up and check on you, as I said I will try not to wake you unless it is necessary. If something physical should happen to you, I will call my cabalmate to heal you and in the event of anything spiritual or signs of Quiet, my mentor." He hoped nothing would happen.

Narim nodded.
"I have been in two Quiets before in my life, both minor, and both static."
He said as that was relevant information, as it gave an indication of what Twilight might be most likely to affect him if he entered one.
"Thank you again."
Narim gave a small smile.

Adley winced. "It is my fault. And I would rather you be free to work and sleep rather than kept under restraint."

"Well it is what it is, and part of having these...powers is to be responsible with them, I am a Master of Correspondence, Prime and Matter, I could end up doing allot of damage if I got into the wrong kind of Quiet, a bit of discomfort is a small price to pay to avoid that."
The young Master of the Art said.

"Ah, forgive me," Adley said. "Your soon-to-be apprentice is most fortunate; I think you will be a very good mentor, Narim. I will not waste your sleep time further, just give me a few moments to set the detection ward. It will be hard to sleep while I'm casting it I'm afraid." He was trying to inject a little humour, since sleeping through his chanting would be difficult unless he was a sound sleeper, but he didn't dither either, getting ready to cast a short ritual.

Narim seamed doubtful.
"Thank you, I am not so sure I am doing the right thing though, Kotoro would not Awaken on her own, I want to show her magick, show her the wonder of it, but at the same time I am dragging her into this war of ours, do I have any right to do that as I lead her towards Awakening? If something should happen to her...that would be my fault for putting her in danger. However we do not have much choice, there are not enough spontaneous Awakenings to fill our ranks, we have to lead others to Awakening."
The Virtual Adept sounded worried but then he give a slight, proud smile.
"I think she have the potential to be a great mage though."
Narim then gave a little laugh.
"I grew up in Bombay, right next to a Hindu temple, sleeping through the sound of rituals is not a issue, but, I will wait and let you work in peace."

When he was done, he stood a moment as the sounds settled back from their ringing to the normal hum of the room and looked over at the Adept. He smiled a small encouraging smile, hoping he hadn't made him feel too strange, and then stepped away from the chamber. "Good night, Narim. I wish you a peaceful evening," he said, his voice sounding normal again, as if he was used to that sort of thing happening.

"Most interesting, The Spirit and Energy model yes?"
Narim said as he walked toward his small, tidy bedroom, he was referring to a classification of Paradigms often found about practitioners of Chaos Magick, though trying to place Paradigms in the right model was a good way to gain a grater understanding of how Paradigms affected the mind so many spoke of them and had knowledge of them.
"I use the information model myself so your ritual makes little sense to me, but most interesting."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Yes good night Adley."
The Adept went into his room and closed the door but left a crack open son Adley would be able to hear anything out of the ordinary from inside the bedroom. Adley hears the Virtual Adept climb into bed and struggle a bit with getting comfortable with his hands bound, and then it seams like he rather quickly settle down.

(Yes Jeffry use Cabbalistic and Latin based ward. Normally I would say the ward needed a few more successes, but I like the flavor you put into it so I say that the rote go up and seam to be working properly. The flavor is wonderful, it is perfect for the occasion.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:58 pm

"I usually rise early myself Mr Roth Hicks." The Solificati said. "I have to take my familiar out for her morning walk, let us say around dawn if that works for you."

"Yes, that sound very good," he agreed. As far as Adley was concerned, he probably owed all these people involved favours of some kind as the stemming cause of the issue lay in his actions.

"I generally always prefer if people use my first name unless we are at a Tribunal or I are representing the Chantry in an official capacity."
The Virtual Adept said then he smiles. "Thank you. As for treating you as a guest, well I know you are here to do a job, but that do not mean I do not want to be polite."

"Then I shall call you by Narim. You can call me Adley, if you wish."

"I have been in two Quiets before in my life, both minor, and both static."He said as that was relevant information, as it gave an indication of what Twilight might be most likely to affect him if he entered one.

"Forgive me for prying, but do you happen to know of any signs I might look out for in particular that you were afflicted with? I know that the manifestation may be unique but it may give me something to watch for."

I am not so sure I am doing the right thing though, Kotoro would not Awaken on her own, I want to show her magick, show her the wonder of it, but at the same time I am dragging her into this war of ours, do I have any right to do that as I lead her towards Awakening? If something should happen to her...that would be my fault for putting her in danger...

He understood the dilemma, teaching someone about magick seemed to be a wonderful Gift and it was but it was one that had to be fought for and loss was painful, as his mentor knew too well. "She is still paying the price, whether she is aware of it or not. If she awakens, then she will also have the prospect of doing something about it, even if her new life is inherently more dangerous. And there is always the chance that -they- will find her, if you do not," he said, speaking of the Technocracy. He thought it was good to consider the impact that having an apprentice had, their rights and ability to choose, and the responsibility. He was young to have an apprentice by Order standards but the Adepts had their own way of doing things. Still, coupled with the fact he was a Master of three spheres already, had two quiets and was next in line for the Primus, he knew adding an apprentice would be another stressor.

Narim then gave a little laugh."I grew up in Bombay, right next to a Hindu temple, sleeping through the sound of rituals is not a issue, but, I will wait and let you work in peace."

"You still might find this a little different," he said with a nod, turning to work. Bombay was a busy city, moreso than Boston, perhaps he would be a deep sleeper and not bothered.

"Most interesting, The Spirit and Energy model yes?" Narim said as he walked toward his small, tidy bedroom..."I use the information model myself so your ritual makes little sense to me, but most interesting."

"I believe that is one way it might be classified." Then he looked at him. "I probably feel the same way as to how you managed to teleport three mages and two cars with a laptop," he ventured with a small smile. But he had and he was grateful, though he wished there wasn't this cost. "I should check the bracers."

As he retired, Adley sat down in front of the couch, back resting lightly against it, putting the phone in his lap as a backup to the way his mentor had taught him to sleep during battles, with one eye and one ear open. If he did not wake up at the one hour mark, it would vibrate and make some noise. Since Narim had closed over the door somewhat, he sat ready to cast a basic ars vitae rote on himself, a short invocation for the healing waters of Aussiel, to check if Narim was physically well if he thought it was necessary. He waited until the other man had settled to sleep before beginning his own timer. He took a deep breath and released it, closing his eyes and putting his body into an upright meditative position, drawing himself to rest through the naming of the Sephira of the Tree of Life. And so he began his night watch in the name of his Word.

//Let me know whatever rolls you require - and how many

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:30 pm

"Then I shall call you by Narim. You can call me Adley, if you wish."

"Adley then, yes I would like that."
Narin said with a friendly smile.

"Forgive me for prying, but do you happen to know of any signs I might look out for in particular that you were afflicted with? I know that the manifestation may be unique but it may give me something to watch for."

"They where very different, one where very minor, I had an extreme urge to repeat actions and in my world at the time, I was sure that something horrible would happen if I did not, it was basically OCD but it was, I do not know exactly how to explain it...it was as if my entire world had shifted in a way. Ah forgive me, I do not explain it very well."
Narin said and frowned.
"The other one where more, disconcerting, it was as if time went slowever for me, it was terrifying as all around me went by so fast, while I felt like I was stuck in sirup. Afterwards my mentor told me I moved very slowly. I guess in both things slowing down a repetition where common themes."
The young Master of the Art explained.
"But they where both minor Quiets, they did not last very long and I could still function, and undertand the world around me, just in a limited degree."

He understood the dilemma, teaching someone about magick seemed to be a wonderful Gift and it was but it was one that had to be fought for and loss was painful, as his mentor knew too well. "She is still paying the price, whether she is aware of it or not. If she awakens, then she will also have the prospect of doing something about it, even if her new life is inherently more dangerous. And there is always the chance that -they- will find her, if you do not," he said,

Yes that was true, the young Japanese girl had a strong Avatar and while the Technocrazy was not likely to outright kill her if they found her, they might try to recruit her, and there was always the chance that she would be caught in the crossfire.
"Yes you are right, I just...I want to do right by her, I think the right thing for her is to Awaken, but our gifts come with a price, and it is hard for me to sit here and choose for her to pay it when I can not yet fully tell her what she is getting herself involved in."

"I believe that is one way it might be classified." Then he looked at him. "I probably feel the same way as to how you managed to teleport three mages and two cars with a laptop," he ventured with a small smile. But he had and he was grateful, though he wished there wasn't this cost.

Narim grinned.
"I imagine that might be strange seen with your eyes, for me, I use my computer as a translator so I can reprogram the information flows of reality and make it do as I wish, perhaps you could say I see the world as a giant computer, or more right to say I see reality as just data, just a huge amount of data that can be programmed, just as one would on a computer."

Hours went by, for the first part of the night the Virtual Adept slept peacefully, he did not wake when Adley checked on him, and all seamed well then as the clock neared four you uddely wake from your meditation, feeling that something is amiss, and then the wards go off with it soft and yet insistent sound, there where a spirit presence in the Deacon's bechamber, it was impossible to see into the room with the door nearly closed, but there where a, uneasy feeling in the air, a sense of reality being more...static...more controlled...from inside the bedchamber where was a female voice that spoke...luaghed...and then you hear Narim cry out in distress.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:10 am

"But they where both minor Quiets, they did not last very long and I could still function, and undertand the world around me, just in a limited degree."

"I understand I believe."

"Yes you are right, I just...I want to do right by her, I think the right thing for her is to Awaken, but our gifts come with a price, and it is hard for me to sit here and choose for her to pay it when I can not yet fully tell her what she is getting herself involved in."

He nodded. "It is difficult." He did not think the Order thought in such a way though, they had always sought out new members, especially with those that had potential. And then the process was slow, arduous and many did not make it.

I see reality as just data, just a huge amount of data that can be programmed, just as one would on a computer...

It was a strange contrast to his own teaching. Though he used technology he did not see the world as a construct of data, like a computer. He looked curious and confused at the technomancer's worldview. It seemed simple in its own way but he found that it did not resonate much with him on the surface. "That is still a strange view for me to understand," he admitted.

...as the clock neared four you suddenly wake from your meditation, feeling that something is amiss, and then the wards go off with it soft and yet insistent sound...

Adley was on his feet as quickly as he could be, hearing the jangle of warning from his ward. Paradox spirit...there was something in the man's chamber. He knew little that could stop them once manifested, they were the curse of all magii. But Narim's cry of fear made him want to try to fight them...or it...off anyway. But that was foolishness, he knew. He was off like a shot to get his mentor as promised, towards the Chief's chambers, hand hammering heavily on the door, voice boring a hole through it in urgency. "Pater, hurry! There is a spirit!"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:55 am

Jeffry Morgan opened his door rather quickly, he was an old warrior and used to sleeping lightly, your mentor rush out to meet you, he do not bother to take the time to dress so all he wears is a long, oldfasioned night tunic that reach down to his ankels, his shoulder length, dark brown hair was lose and a bit disheveled. Jeffry Morgan cared about looking preentable, but there just was no time, in his hand was his sword, well one of them, this one was simple, and looked perfect as if it had never been used, and it never had, not on anything physical, down the blade where carefully placed inscriptions, this weapon where enchanted to damage spirits, and it was a rare thing for the old Hermetic to take it out of the locked cabinet he kept it and other dangerous items in, he did not like to harm spirits, he had to have had it ready now though, he was probably prepared, just in case a Paradox spirit showed up, but even so, even for a old powerful mage, a Paradox spirit where a formidable foe.

Jeffry nodded to his apprentice but he did not speak as he begun to run towards Narim's chamber, first when the two of them got to the Adept's room did the old mage speak, his voice serious.
"I will engage the Spirit Adley and you will stay out of the way, if I manage to keep it occupied and away from Narim, you must try to pull him away from it, do you understand?"
The old mage asked before he opened the door to the Virtual Adept's apartment. Narim could be heard screaming inside, and several of the Chantry's inhabitants had been woken from her sleep and where now nervously milling out into the hallway wondering what was wrong.
"Get back to your rooms, there are a Paradox Spirit, ward your doors if you are able!"
Jeffry barked to the gathered mages in a voice that brooked no argument, then he hurried inside and rushed to the Virtual Adept's bedchamber.

If you follow your mentor into your bedchamber this is what you see, on the bed lay Narim, a look of confusion and agony on his face, something that look like a small female child sit on his chest, and yet she is not there, the girl's fingers are long and end in transperant tendrils that are buried into the Virtual Adept's head and the two of them seam to be both there and not, as if space itself have stopped exisiting inside of the room, this is extremely disconcernting since you do not study Correspondence, you can not determine distance, can not tell how big anything is, inside of the room it is as if that entire aspect of reality are completely out of order.

Jeffry rush the spirit and slash at it with his sword, the little girl scream and the old Hermetic begin to chant the words of a banishing spesifically directed at this given spirit, gesticulating with his free hand and using the sword to try to weaken the spritit enough to allow him to complete the ritual.
"Juste judex ultionis relinquere spatium tempusque..."
And that is as far as the Flambeau got before the Paradox spirit slapped the sword aside and lunged at the old mage trying to bring him to the floor. Jeffry shouted.
"Adley get Narim out of here, there is a possibility she will be easier to banish if her target is further from her."

(Could I have a Willpower roll dificulte 8 to be able to do anything in Narim's room, basically everything you know about space have been tossed out the window, distance and direction are distorted in the vincinity of the spirit and that is not easy to wrap one's head around.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:13 am

"I will engage the Spirit Adley and you will stay out of the way, if I manage to keep it occupied and away from Narim, you must try to pull him away from it, do you understand?" The old mage asked before he opened the door to the Virtual Adept's apartment.

"Yes." He couldn't recall the last time that he'd ever seen that sword but he knew what it was for. He had the sudden urge to say 'be careful' and suddenly he understood what the words -really- meant: I am afraid for you. He could hear Narim yelling in pain and the sudden gathering of other magii behind him and focused himself on acting as soon as he could. Take the initiative, the opening. Get him out.

"Juste judex ultionis relinquere spatium tempusque..." And that is as far as the Flambeau got before the Paradox spirit slapped the sword aside and lunged at the old mage trying to bring him to the floor. Jeffry shouted. "Adley get Narim out of here, there is a possibility she will be easier to banish if her target is further from her."

The inside of Narim's room had turned from order into chaos, hierarchies of order melting; he could not focus on anything. There was no scope to anything he saw, things were both present and not...close but far...but the thing on his chest...and the Adept himself, phasing through existence in away that his brain was hard pressed to cope with. He could hear his pater chanting, trying to banish the spirit and the next thing he knew, the Chief was on the floor as the spirit moved to attack him. Adley swam through the strangeness of the inside-out space with sudden determination, grabbing for Narim under the armpits to haul him away...the problem lay in determining what -away- was in a maelstrom with no up or down but away from the spirit was as fixed a compass as he needed.

//6,8,8,7,6,0 (4 success)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:26 am

--- Afternoon ---
Colin watched the trio walk away from the car, talking, and leaned back to wait, carefully watching the area from the driver's seat.
((OOC: Per + Alert 4, 4, 5, 7, 9 to monitor the area.))

--- Night ---
Colin half-turned and raised an eyebrow at Richard. "Are you ready for this?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:59 am

Richard turns to Colin""' lets walk the walk Smile "

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:55 am

Adley:

Narim was still screaming when the young Hermetic drag him away, though the screams died ddown after a while, it was not easy to drag a man that while fit where still heavier than Adley was himself, but the greater dificulty was in actually finding the way. The Virtual Adept's bed room was the same design and size as Adley's own, and yet actually getting away seamed to take forever, as if the distance between the door and the bed was suddenly many miles...if there even was a door.

While Adley try to get Narim out of the way he see Jeffry trading blows with the Paradox Spirit, the little girl try to tdig those...fingers? into the Hermetic's head as well, but Jeffry manage to drive his sword into her midsection, this make the creature howl in...welll who knew what it felt, and withdraw, but then it was right back with it' attack, a normal Umbrood would have been cripeled by the attack, but this entinty seamed hardly phase her at all and again she attacked, getting one hand with those tranperant digets into the old mage's head, into his brain, or perhap into the metaphysical concept of his mind, it was hard to tell. Jeffry screaming in pain but then he looked at the Spirit and he chanted in a harsh tone, calling out for destruction, the improvised rworking was fast and crude, it had non of the Hermetic's usual flair, it was just raw power used in combat.
"Persequebar hanc creaturam spiritu!"
No words of power, no Qabbalistic widom, just a cold decleration of intent as his mind and will reached out to destroy Ephemera, to rip the very existence of the spirit apart, this is something Adley have never seen, his mentor using the very peak of his ability, his mento lashing out against a spirit to kill, but the Paradox entinity left him little choice.

As Jeffry Morgan's rote ripped though it the Sparadox Spirit screamed and it fell back from the mage, the willworker who's Paradox manifasted a spirit was powerless against it, but another mage could try to defeat it, and as the entity screamed the old mage stood, he was uneasy on his feet but he was strong, he was proud, simply he was. The Paradox Spirit was missing an arm, the Ephemera or spirit matter was gone, it was not banished or changed, it was ripped apart, that was a prure, destructive power of a Master of Spirit. As the Paradox Spirit tried to understand what was happening Jeffry Morgan begun a greater banishing ritual, his voice clear an intene filling the room, every action he took was filled with purpose...

Finally Adley manage to get Narim to the door of the bedroom, and as he step out of the Paradox Spirit's influense and back into a domain where space fuctioned as nomalwas quite a shock and the young war mage will find himself on the floor but he was out, and Narim was out. The Virtual Adept was no longer screaming and he was concious and alert though quite affected by the experience and he looked fearfully at the fight the two of them could see though the doorframe, his mouth moved by he did not utter any words as his dark eyes where on the spectacle before him.

Colin and Richard night:

Ingmar pulled away the looe sleeve of his tunic and brought his blade to bare on his own flesh. Both of you have seen Beatrice work, and that can get bloody, Ingmar's ritual however seamed more brutal as Norse runes where carved deep into his arm. The Verbena bit his teeth together to avoid crying out or making any noise but the live rune carving was cealy quite painful, blood dripped from the blood mage's arm and stained the items of the ground, all the time the Verbena looked intent and focused, using both the blood and the pain to focus his mind, there was something, primodial about this magick and there was a small in the air that reminds you of the heart of an untouched, dark forest with the damp ground and mighty trees. Then after only a few minutes Ingmar lowers his bloody blade and takes a long strip of cloth from his pocked and begin to wrap it around his arm so he can stop the bleeding.
"It is done, grab your items, as let's go."
The Verbena said, he bent down and retrived his blood stained pen and put that and his blade, that he took the time to wipe of, before he put it in his pocket, he left the blood on the pen though.

Freddy looked up from her phone's screen and she to bent down and got her now red tained ear stud.
"Damned and they say my magick is weird, but then, that working did look impressive."
The young Virtual Adept commented. Antonio nodded as he got his own item of the ground.
"Let us go."
The Hermetic simply said as he begun to lead the group towards the apartment building, the rest of the group got their items and followed him.

There was indeed a doorman, a well dressed man with dark hair who sat behind a counter reading a newspaper, he did not look up when the group of mages entered though, he simply focused on his reading and did not even appear to see them. Antonio quickly moved to the elevator, he did not want to overstay his welcome and find out how effective the Verbena's magick really where.

The elevator was very posh, it had polished mirrors, and even a nice bench with silk coushins to sit on, a plesant tune played as the mages where on their way up towards the eventh floor.
"Ok when we reach the apartment, I want everyone to have their eyes and ears open."
Antonio said.
"We do not know if anyone might have reached the place before us. Freddy can you keep a lookout with your ehm...phone to see what happens in the hallway?"
The Virtual Adept nodded and begun to let her fingers dance over her smartphone again.
"Ryan I want you to have a rote to slow time down for any attackers ready, can you do it as a hanging spell."
The Cultist nodded.
"Yeah I can."
Antonio nodded.
"Good, let us hope you do not have to use it, Hildegaard stay with Freddy and protect our flank, Ingmar and Richard stay in the middle, Colin you take point but be careful."
The Hermetic said his hands moved, he was preparing some rote, though he did not cast it yet. Ryan found his ipod in his pocket and put headphones in his ears and pressed play, Hildehaard raised an eyebrow and Ryan shrugged.
"Well what did you expect me to work with woman? pot? I use music for my magick, now one moment I have to consentrate for this one."

Colin afternoon:

As you sit there and watch the area you see embulance workers roll out a gurney with someone covered in a black body bag, two others where supporting out a young woman in a waitress uniform who appeared to have pretty nasty burns down one of her arms, other than that the place seams rather normal, for now, you see Ryan pull out his phone and dieal a number.

Bianca:

About seventeen minutes go by but then Rosa's phone rings, you see it is Ryan's number and when you pick up you hear his voice saying.
"Allrigh we are here, we are entering the airport right now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next