Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:39 am

Friday:
I planned on gaining some time for them to run away, then run away myself until they found the papers they have already found. I know i can't win, but they need someone to opose them. It's our right and our responsability to question the law and reform them if needed be. Any right not exercised gets lost. We can't lose our rights if we don't want to turn into the technocracy with their control always directing everything on their lives. He said as they went down the bus and toward steelhaven

Saturday:
The roar of the guns around him were not new, but not nice, either. At least in this neigbourhood this kind of noise was everyday shit. Happilly they were able people and the Nephandus were nothing for them, but the start had been a bit sloppy.

resistance 3 + 3 sword= 6
First shot: 4 9 3 7 6 7
Second Shot: 7 6 8 2 3 7
Third Shot: 4 3 1 1 8 1 If 1s don't supress succeses, i'm totally fine. If not, well, i got one.

2 Strikes: dexterity 3 + Melee 3= 6
Action: 9 10 8 6 3 7
Damage: Strenght 4 + sword 3 + extra successes 4= 11
10 (6) 4 4 2 7 4 9 + 6 9 1 9

Dexterity 3 + Melee 3 - second action 1= 5
Action: 7 7 7 5 4
Damage: Strenght 4 + Sword 3 + Extra Suceses 2= 9
3 1 7 2 3 7 1 + 5 10 (2)

All is aggravated damage. 10 total, if you play like i've always played XD

Enjoy Dying, Nephandi.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:41 am

Devon:

"Did you find what you where looking for Mr Miles?"
Ryan asked as he paid for his groceries and begun to put them in a plastic bag. A young woman with dyed pink hair and a nose ring rung up your shopping and then said.
"That will be 75,90 Sir."
She sounded bored but then, she was probably only doing this job to pay her way through collage.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "In that case, I would suggest gently trying to arrange a hospital visit in the morning, though how you'd be dealing with the prospect of the mother following the child to the infirmary is... a delicate issue. With a little luck, little Egypt might be able to help wish for him to recover. It... might be quite as effective as actual medical assistance at this point. At the very least, it might at least ease his discomfort a little."

"I am going to have to talk with Miss Brooke about it, unless you want to do that, though off course trying  to explain to the woman that her child is the reincarnation of a man who is trying to recover from being tortured by a gang of diabolical spellcasters and that seeing his new incarnation might lift his spirits might be a difficult thing to convince her of."
The hedge wizard said and sigh.
"She might find that her world have gotten a whole lot more complicated."
He nodded.
"Yes I hope seeing the girl might help Wolfgang, for I am not sure what else can do so...poor man."

He nodded, "Add to the utterly shitty clusterfuck the fact that he was extorted to do so. I'm... going to have to do what I can to try to spare him the worst consequences, for his daughter's sake. The same girl we rescued from the vampires earlier. It's been a really rotten week..."

"Yes indeed it has. Well hopefully your Chantrymate will get a fair trial and an appropriate punishment that will not be to harsh but that will still reflect the severity of what he have done."
The hedge wizard said calmly.
"And hopefully next week will be better...if there is a next week there is."

He smiled, "Master Telar is currently the best, but I know of one who might become even greater... A Dreamspeaker who recently came to Steelhaven; the man has a... unique rapport with Avatars, it seems, being able to coax them out of the host and manifest visibly so everyone can see. What the two of them together might accomplish... only time will tell."

"Now that is something I have never heard about before...that must be quite a sight to behold though I imagine most Awakened magi would find to prospect of their Avatars so revealed to be quite unnerving."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Indeed such a cooperation offers many opportunities, it seams there might be interesting times ahead."
He said and glanced over at Adley for a moment no doubt thinking about the speculation that the young Hermetic might have one piece of the Great Betrayer's Gromoire inscribed on his soul, though he said nothing.

Fishing up another muffin and taking a cheerful bite out of it, he suddenly frowned and swallowed hard, "Oh, bugger, the fellow's an Etherite who... shit, I hope it's not too late..."

The Security Chief raised an eyebrow to this.
"What do you mean Mr Wainwright?"

He quickly fished out Adjan's pistol and cast the connection-severing spell on it, hissing as his Avatar itched with the slight work, "I forgot to take care of this; I forgot to think of the chance the Fallen who got away might try to track the gun through the bullet I used..."

"Now that would be problematic though I suspect the Fallen knows where Morningstar is, I doubt if they have not figured that out, but it would be unwise to leave the safety of this Chantry with a weapon on your person that our enemies can track."

He grinned a bit sheepishly, "I suspect Adjan might be a bit upset if I gave him back a red hot gun, as it were - one specifically tracked by the Fallen."

"Adjan? That is the tall blond Euthanatos with the Czech accent right? Mr Terach? Yes I suspect that being a target for the Nephandi might not please him."
Joakim added with a thin smile.

(OOC: Well if you give me a roll to see how well it go to get the arcane connections off Adjan's gun and also, that sounds like an awesome game.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:45 am

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

"Did you find what you where looking for Mr Miles?"
Ryan asked as he paid for his groceries and begun to put them in a plastic bag. A young woman with dyed pink hair and a nose ring rung up your shopping and then said.
"That will be 75,90 Sir."
She sounded bored but then, she was probably only doing this job to pay her way through collage.

"yes thanks" with a shy smile re acknowledges her not making eye contact

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:16 am

Tane:

Friday:

I planned on gaining some time for them to run away, then run away myself until they found the papers they have already found. I know i can't win, but they need someone to opose them.

"The problem is if you could get them to run away, these are Masters of the Art we are talking about, they can kick some ass if they need to."
Henrietta said and sigh.
"Have you ever been up against a Master Tane?"

It's our right and our responsability to question the law and reform them if needed be. Any right not exercised gets lost. We can't lose our rights if we don't want to turn into the technocracy with their control always directing everything on their lives. He said as they went down the bus and toward steelhaven

"We do not really have any such rights within the Traditions, at least not in that form, we have the right to call for a topic to be raised at a Tribunal or if it is serious enough for a special Tribunal to be called to discuss it, but we do not have the right to interrupt a legal preceding or punishment just because we do not agree with it, the Traditions have rather strict laws."
The young Hollow One said as she walked through the dark streets towards the Chantry.
"If you had tried you would have been in allot of trouble, but providing you did not get yourself killed...perhaps it would have been worth it to prevent...well...you know."

Saturday:

You can feel the three bullets hit you, but the magick of your sword protects you and makes your skin like armor, you would be bruised you know, but what would have ripped you open and left you dying fly off your skin. You are not so lucky with hitting the Nephandus that shot at you though he seams to be extremely lucky and as you slash at him, he ever so slightly trips backwards avoiding the blows, swearing the Nephandus raise his gun and fire at you again at this close range there is no way for him to miss and he hit you in the chest.
"Fuck you bastard!"
The man shout, his unnatural luck had saved him this time but he needed time to come up with a plan and he was clearly not pleased with a close quarters fight.

You see that Coawa now fully have taken on his full Standing Jaws form as he rush the other Nephandus.
"Mother of god!"
The man exclaimed as the ten foot mountain of muscle and teeth came rushing him, he acted quickly though and a ball of energy left his hands hitting Coawa in the shoulder searing his flesh and you hear the joint popping out of place, the Rokea did not slow down though, in this war form he hardly felt pain though that injury would be a problem later and he opened his great jaws and chomped down on his opponent, the man screamed as blood gushed out of Coawa's mouth though the bite that not been well placed and the Nephandus was still alive though grievously wounded.

Henrietta shouted to you.
"Keep that guy busy and I will see if I can do something about how bloody lucky he seam to be."
And then she begun chanting in a language you did not know.

(OOC: One question where are these four extra successes for damage coming from, now the Nephandus avoided the blows due to, well having an Entropy rote set up are useful but I am wondering where those four are coming from for his sword give him aggravated damage and let him soak more but it do not add any automatic successes to a damage roll. I am also wondering how he takes two actions that turn without any penalties for it. Usually when you take more than one action unless there Time effect you have to split your dice pools between the two actions.

Also roll soak again for 2 successes for the first, three for the second and two for the third shot.)

Devon:

The girl at the counter give you two plastic bags for your groceries and Ryan waits while you fill them.
"Let us get back."
He said as he grabbed his own bag and left the store, once you where out of ear shot of any sleepers he asked.
"So are you straight out of your apprenticeship Mr Miles?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:17 am

"yes i am Mr Ryan" Devon replied " my head is still awash with the scope of it all"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:24 am

"We will have to ask your contact about the exact address of this house the Tremere elder is kept in and perhaps we can find the proper coordinates with that." Joakim suggested.

"I do believe the emphasis is on precise...one can know the address and that they are in the basement, but that's still covering a large area when you think about it."

The Security Chief muttered. "Perhaps we should call up your contact for that conversation, she might have some useful input."

"Then we shall," he agreed.

He gave Adley a slightly roguish grin, "Seems my little scrambler works on spirits, as well. At the very least, on spirits not manifested on the same plane. Mother and child are fine; the little darling doesn't quite seem to understand the entire situation, but her mother seems to be coming along nicely in accepting magic. Little Egypt is quite the talented little sprog, though - already able to work chance, identify Magi at a glance and see spirits."

He raised an eyebrow. "I'm glad that you were able to get away. She can see spirits already? Well, I suppose in this case it was fortunate."

"I ate a little while ago, but thank you for offering Mr Roth Hicks." He said and offered a small smile.
He listened thoughtfully to the discussion about coordinating with the vampire, and grinned slightly at Adley's offering of sandwich, "I expect Mirri knew precisely how hungry you were - or more precisely, how many sandwiches you needed. And besides, you're not the only one to make a timely visit to the cafeteria."

"Or she knew I would be willing to share," he said, brushing crumbs off his hands.

"She might find that her world have gotten a whole lot more complicated." He nodded. "Yes I hope seeing the girl might help Wolfgang, for I am not sure what else can do so...poor man."

"I hope that he recovers. And as for Miss Brooke...well, I am sure you are treating the situation as carefully as you can."

"Now that is something I have never heard about before...that must be quite a sight to behold though I imagine most Awakened magi would find to prospect of their Avatars so revealed to be quite unnerving." Joakim said and nodded. "Indeed such a cooperation offers many opportunities, it seams there might be interesting times ahead."

Adley finished the sandwich in a few quick bites, studiously avoiding the look that Joakim was giving him.

Fishing up another muffin and taking a cheerful bite out of it, he suddenly frowned and swallowed hard, "Oh, bugger, the fellow's an Etherite who... shit, I hope it's not too late..." He quickly fished out Adjan's pistol and cast the connection-severing spell on it, hissing as his Avatar itched with the slight work, "I forgot to take care of this; I forgot to think of the chance the Fallen who got away might try to track the gun through the bullet I used..." He grinned a bit sheepishly, "I suspect Adjan might be a bit upset if I gave him back a red hot gun, as it were - one specifically tracked by the Fallen."

"I can have a look if you'd like," he offered. "I should double-check the knife I used as well, just in case. I cleaned it at the post office but one never knows if I missed anything I was in something of a hurry," he admitted.

// I just find idioms interesting, haven't run into that one here, on either coast. Sounds like Pathfinder is becoming interesting! Two weddings and a....?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:39 am

Devon:

"Ah yes, I remember the time after I was first initiated and was left to make it in the Traditions on my own, even if I had my Mentor there for support if I needed it, to be my own man, and to fully emerge myself in this world of ours was quite the thrill."
Ryan said and nodded as he walks towards the Chantry, as the two of you get back you see several mages go into Chief Morgan's small office, all of them looking rather grim, Ryan frowned.
"Well something is going on...but at least nothing is on fire..."
He muttered.

Adley:

"I do believe the emphasis is on precise...one can know the address and that they are in the basement, but that's still covering a large area when you think about it."

"True that...hum...what about opening a portal right into the basement then? That might be easier, just running right in, grabbing this man and running out, instead of fighting our way down there."

"Then we shall," he agreed.

Joakim nodded at that.
"Yes let us hear what the good lady had to say about it."

"I hope that he recovers. And as for Miss Brooke...well, I am sure you are treating the situation as carefully as you can."

"I hope so as well, and yes I will make sure that Miss Brooke is treated well and with understanding for how confusing suddenly being dropped into this situation must be for her."

(OOC: The second to last thing you wrote here give me the funny mental image of mages giving Adley's Avatar hungry looks...hum...there is a book in there...now how do we shake this thing to get it out...well we said it was delicious. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:54 am

Colin smiled thinly, "Alas, I don't even know that I'll still be here in the morning... The crisis in Boston, you know. You may have to bargain with miss Brooke yourself. I would recommend bringing the coffee maker."
He grimaced, "A fair trial... He aided and abetted assassination attempts, and helped unleash an Avatar Eater - one of those island beasts from Horizon - inside our Chantry. There really is very little that can be done to save him, I fear. Most likely, the best we can hope for is a relatively painless execution..."
He nodded, "I'm personally rather reluctant to have the fellow lure out my Avatar; having someone inspect it is one thing, but pulling it out into public view for everyone to see is... an unpleasant notion, to say the least. In any case, I don't think he can force an unwilling Avatar to show itself like that. His own seems a tad on the exhibitionistic side, though."
He laid the pistol on the desk in front of Adley, casually popping out the magazine and checking that nothing was chambered, "I'd appreciate that, Adley... And yes, this gun belongs to mr. Terach. He lent it to me after my own had an... unfortunate mechanical mishap. I'm going to have to dismantle the whole thing once we get home, and see which part needs replacing, I fear."

((OOC: Arete roll to scatter those connections - 5,7,9. Should be enough to mess up the link a little, at least. And yeah, the Pathfinder game is taking interesting shape. Poor Warlock, getting unwittingly married off to an Erinyes who actually works for his infernal patron, Asmodeus, to whom he sold his soul in exchange for not dying... when he had the worst case of Man-Flu in over twenty years. Twisted Evil ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:26 am

Colin smiled thinly, "Alas, I don't even know that I'll still be here in the morning... The crisis in Boston, you know. You may have to bargain with miss Brooke yourself. I would recommend bringing the coffee maker."

"Well let us hope we are all still here and reasonably undamaged come morning Mr Wainwright, but yes I can bargain with our guest and a coffee maker as a gift is never a bad idea."
He said and grinned and took a sip of his cup.

He grimaced, "A fair trial... He aided and abetted assassination attempts, and helped unleash an Avatar Eater - one of those island beasts from Horizon - inside our Chantry. There really is very little that can be done to save him, I fear. Most likely, the best we can hope for is a relatively painless execution..."

"A fair trial will see this man executed, if he is guilty of the crimes you speak of Mr Wainwright then that is the least that he deserve."
Joakim said firmly.
"But such crimes might be punished with far worse than a simple execution and you might be able to fight for him to avoid that...possibly...but damned an Avatar eater set loose in the middle of a Chantry, perhaps you can try for an insanity plea I mean why would anyone do that?"

He nodded, "I'm personally rather reluctant to have the fellow lure out my Avatar; having someone inspect it is one thing, but pulling it out into public view for everyone to see is... an unpleasant notion, to say the least. In any case, I don't think he can force an unwilling Avatar to show itself like that. His own seems a tad on the exhibitionistic side, though."

"It is not easy to get an Avatar to do what it do not wish to do so no it is unlikely your Chantrymate can accomplish such a feat."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I have no...Avatar but I know many mages would feel it uncomfortable to have anyone else see their soul...hum...an exhibitionistic Avatar eh...well I have heard about those as well, often to the despair of their hosts."
The old hedge wizard said with a bit of a grin.

He laid the pistol on the desk in front of Adley, casually popping out the magazine and checking that nothing was chambered, "I'd appreciate that, Adley... And yes, this gun belongs to mr. Terach. He lent it to me after my own had an... unfortunate mechanical mishap. I'm going to have to dismantle the whole thing once we get home, and see which part needs replacing, I fear."

"It is always annoying when a weapon fails."
Joakim muttered.
"Well it is good your friend had a spare, if not then I can probably arrange for something, we do not exactly have weapons everywhere here but a spare gun or two I should be able to scrunch up."

(OOC: Yeah those arcane connections are gone, your rote works perfectly.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:08 pm

Colin grinned, "A coffee maker and perhaps a bit of a show of filling it..."
He frowned, "Insanity? A tough plea, I think... He acted highly rationally, seeing as the Fallen had kidnapped his daughter and threatened to give her to a vampire. He was, of course, completely wrong in assuming he'd get her back through compliance, but fear makes a man do stupid things..."
He nodded, "This is mr. Terach's spare; I think we should be able to make do like this. I'd rather not give up hope for my own gun just yet; you know how it is with well-loved weapons you've had for a long time, I expect."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Colin grinned, "A coffee maker and perhaps a bit of a show of filling it..."

"Ah yes filling it as well off course, which reminds me would any of you gentlemen care for a cup I am putting on a new pot anyway? My coffee might not be as good as Mirri's but it should still do the job."

He frowned, "Insanity? A tough plea, I think... He acted highly rationally, seeing as the Fallen had kidnapped his daughter and threatened to give her to a vampire. He was, of course, completely wrong in assuming he'd get her back through compliance, but fear makes a man do stupid things..."

"Hum...well then you have a problem, betraying one's Chantry, trying to kill other members of the Traditions and putting their very souls in danger, the Traditions do not look kindly on such crimes, even if it was done out of the fear that he would loose a loved one, it will not be an easy case to be the defense for, I can give you some names of good Enforcers that are skilled advocates and who might be able to help your Chantrymate."

He nodded, "This is mr. Terach's spare; I think we should be able to make do like this. I'd rather not give up hope for my own gun just yet; you know how it is with well-loved weapons you've had for a long time, I expect."

"Ah yes I know very well, I have had my sword for centuries and I would rather have it repaired when it get damaged then replacing it. You could talk to Catherine O'Connor she is an Etherite that live over at Umbra Gladii and she is a skilled weapon smith like her mentor."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:30 pm

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

"Ah yes, I remember the time after I was first initiated and was left to make it in the Traditions on my own, even if I had my Mentor there for support if I needed it, to be my own man, and to fully emerge myself in this world of ours was quite the thrill."
Ryan said and nodded as he walks towards the Chantry, as the two of you get back you see several mages go into Chief Morgan's small office, all of them looking rather grim, Ryan frowned.
"Well something is going on...but at least nothing is on fire..."
He muttered.

"what do you mean, by on fire?" Devon asks curiously "And also my mentor said he has other things to attend to

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:51 pm

"That was just a joke as such Mr Miles, but then by the week we have had it would not surprise me is the Chantry caught fire."
Ryan said and raised an eyebrow.
"Something is going on though it seams...as for your mentor sometimes it is a good thing when they are not hanging over your shoulder yes?"
He said and walked over to the small group that was gathering outside of Chief Morgan's office to hear what was going on.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:58 pm

Devon quietly goes with Ryan...keeping to himself as much as possible

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Ryan stops a young, black man in black jeans and a white tshirt and asks him.
"Do you know what is going on Ty?"
He asks and the other man shrugs.
"No I think the Chief needs someone to go and get someone out of a hospital, he have not given us to many details yet, you know how he is, but he wants us to go and yes get someone out of a asylum before our enemies can get to them but that is all that I know, it is Chief Morgan we are talking about only those who he knows best and trust the most will have all the details."
The one that Ryan had called Ty said and shrugged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:13 pm

"True that...hum...what about opening a portal right into the basement then? That might be easier, just running right in, grabbing this man and running out, instead of fighting our way down there."

"It might," he said, thinking about it. Grabbing Carmon like he was a log with a stake shoved through is heart...then what would they do with him? Carry him out of there, and then what...

Hum...well then you have a problem, betraying one's Chantry, trying to kill other members of the Traditions and putting their very souls in danger, the Traditions do not look kindly on such crimes, even if it was done out of the fear that he would loose a loved one, it will not be an easy case to be the defense for, I can give you some names of good Enforcers that are skilled advocates and who might be able to help your Chantrymate."

"That might be useful, if you don't mind sir."

"I understand, one of them turned my gun into a lump of slag," he said with a nod, commiserating. He removed Adjan's knife and placed it next to the pistol and looked over both of them, searching for any remaining connections to confirm for Colin as well as working on breaking off those on the knife. He checked them over again when Colin was done his own working. "Yours looks clean now."

// Arcane connections rote: 2, 8, 5 - he had prime scan on downstairs recently but let me know if you want another roll for it.
ooc 2- @Anja lol, great just what he needs to worry about. Soul-nomming magi!
00c 3 -@Warp - an Erinyes, eh? Hell hath no fury like a wife scorned xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:38 pm

"It might," he said, thinking about it. Grabbing Carmon like he was a log with a stake shoved through is heart...then what would they do with him? Carry him out of there, and then what...

"If Master Harris can open a portal, we could take the Massasa here relatively easily, or perhaps one of our secondary sites just to be sure...it could be a way to get in, get this man and get out with theshortest amount of time exposed to our enemies and the least amount of risk."
Joakim muttered mirroring what you had been thinking about.
"It might be a functional plan."

"That might be useful, if you don't mind sir."

The Security Chief nodded and wrote some names down on a piece of paper then checked in a thick, leather bound address book for their phone numbers.
"Christina Vellan is a member of House Guernicus she have been active in demonstrations to stop some of the injustices in our society, she is young but skilled. Mari Elliet is a Cultist Enforcer who is known to take impossible cases and sometimes win. Anton Ladirell is also a member of House Guernicus but he is a second degree like me, many underestimate him because he is a linear mage but he is a good advocate."
Joakim said and handed you the piece of paper with the names and numbers on it.

"I understand, one of them turned my gun into a lump of slag," he said with a nod, commiserating.

"Ah the joys of magic."
The hedge wizard said with a bit of a grin.

He removed Adjan's knife and placed it next to the pistol and looked over both of them, searching for any remaining connections to confirm for Colin as well as working on breaking off those on the knife. He checked them over again when Colin was done his own working. "Yours looks clean now."

You feel reality bend to your words and obey as what there once in connection with one another get separated, the knife getting cleaned of past deeds and acts as you burn away the arcane connections to it, the rote is not done elegantly and you can feel your mind drift and small mistakes done along the way, but it works.

(OOC: Well I hear Avatars taste great with dip made out of the tears of starving children. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Colin pondered for a moment, "Actually, yes, I think I'll accept a cup this time, thank you."
He nodded and grinned, "Any good advocates would be appreciated, I think. I guess mr. Ladirell would make for an entertaining client-solicitor relationship, though... might want to check with the two others first."
He considered the suggestion for a moment, "I don't think there'd be time to swing by Umbra Gladii for a repair job - it's not much more than an inconvenience, though; there is a gunsmith in Boston where I usually go by for maintenance. One of the advantages of having a standard military-issue sidearm; there's little risk of contractors asking strange questions about components."
He grimaced at Adley, "Molten to slag, was it? I hope your hand didn't take too much damage in the process?"

((OOC: I really don't think that's what they mean by seasoned battlemages. Wink And the Erinyes shouldn't be that sort of problem. She's specifically there to watch over and support the poor guy - and make sure he does the right things, preferably for the right reasons. The concept of "right things" and "right reasons" being somewhat subjective, of course. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:03 pm

"If Master Harris can open a portal, we could take the Massasa here relatively easily, or perhaps one of our secondary sites just to be sure...it could be a way to get in, get this man and get out with theshortest amount of time exposed to our enemies and the least amount of risk."

"The last time they held up in a basement, your spirit friends proved invaluable in assisting us, though I'm not sure the same trick would work twice. It's too bad that Mr Harris does not understand Hermetic ways of working...I had a thought that it might be possible to have assistance from a spirit to see an area that they can see...or perceive at any rate, depending on the spirit and if they agreed to such. Share perceptions, as I did when I kept communication with them. But as he does not, either we seem to need to get a targeting system in place that he can use based on coordinates or if one cannot take the mountain to Mohammad, open a portal and bring him through," he mused.

"Christina Vellan is a member of House Guernicus she have been active in demonstrations to stop some of the injustices in our society, she is young but skilled. Mari Elliet is a Cultist Enforcer who is known to take impossible cases and sometimes win. Anton Ladirell is also a member of House Guernicus but he is a second degree like me, many underestimate him because he is a linear mage but he is a good advocate." Joakim said and handed you the piece of paper with the names and numbers on it.

"Thank you," he said, reading them over and then handing it to Colin to look at for himself. "If you need to copy it, do so as I plan on destroying that note after...better to be paranoid about arcane connections right now than otherwise."

He grimaced at Adley, "Molten to slag, was it? I hope your hand didn't take too much damage in the process?"

"I ditched it before it burned or blew up on me but the interior was a mess. I think they were trying a variation of a Hermetic rote that I've seen used before, in fact, much to my irritation."

When the knife was clean as he could manage, he put it carefully back away. "Very well, let's call back and see what we can come up with, shall we?"

// lol, seasoned battlmage...I guess I appreciate a good pun as much as Adley xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Colin pondered for a moment, "Actually, yes, I think I'll accept a cup this time, thank you."

Joakim nodded he stood and muttered a few words over the coffee pot to fill it with water, his long fingers forming several sigils then he put the pot on.
"It should be ready shortly."

He nodded and grinned, "Any good advocates would be appreciated, I think. I guess mr. Ladirell would make for an entertaining client-solicitor relationship, though... might want to check with the two others first."

"Well if your Chantrymate have an issue with linear mages Mr Wainwright then he might end up pissing Mr Ladirell off though I think the man is to professional an advocate to let that influence his treatment of the case, but yes given the personal issues of this gentleman you are talking about perhaps one of the other two would be a wiser choice."

He considered the suggestion for a moment, "I don't think there'd be time to swing by Umbra Gladii for a repair job - it's not much more than an inconvenience, though; there is a gunsmith in Boston where I usually go by for maintenance. One of the advantages of having a standard military-issue sidearm; there's little risk of contractors asking strange questions about components."

"Yes that might be wiser, I just wanted to mention the possibility of the Etherite in Gary that might be of assistance."
Joakim said and nodded.

"The last time they held up in a basement, your spirit friends proved invaluable in assisting us, though I'm not sure the same trick would work twice. It's too bad that Mr Harris does not understand Hermetic ways of working...I had a thought that it might be possible to have assistance from a spirit to see an area that they can see. Share perceptions, as I did when I kept communication with them. But as he does not, either we seem to need to get a targeting system in place that he can use based on coordinates or if one cannot take the mountain to Mohammad, open a portal and bring him through," he mused.

"Master Harris do not understand Hermetic ways but he do understand and communicate with spirits, it is possible that if we could get a Umbrood to exactly place our target that entity might be able to communicate that information to Master Harris though his own methods of working."
Joakim said and tapped a long finger against the side of his nose as he thought.
"Off course wards and magickal defenses will be an issue but so will they if we are going for the idea of teleporting in or opening a portal to get the vampire...hum...and a earth elemental could go through the ground and find out what we need and quite possibly not be detected...not a bad idea..."

When the knife was clean as he could manage, he put it carefully back away. "Very well, let's call back and see what we can come up with, shall we?"

Joakim nodded at that as he stood and waited for the coffee maker to get done and when it was filled a cup he found in a nearby cabinet and handed it to Colin and then gave Adley a questioning look to ask if he wanted one as well.

(OOC: Well the question is how much Adley would enjoy puns about eating his Avatar or basically seeing his noble fiery angle as this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c9/1b/72/c91b72da646bfe4625e67302491b81ad.jpg )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:50 pm

Devon stands quietly listening

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Ryan nods then he sigh.
"Well ask the Chief if he needs any help, I know he do not want me anywhere near the thick of things since the bloody Fallen want to feed me to their Caul or some other such bullshit, apparently I am tasty, but if he needs any assistance here or with the prisoners he knows where to find me."
The Cultist said and Ty nodded. Ryan then came back over to where you where standing.
"I wonder what all that was about."
He muttered somewhat concerned sounding.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:07 pm

"is everything ok? Sir? " Devon Inquires

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:15 pm

"Yes I am just wondering what is going on that is all."
Ryan said and nodded as he stood talking with you though you see Jeffry Morgan come and usher the waiting magi into his office he then glanced at you and Ryan.
"Mr Darehill would you mind helping out with guard duty, most of our guards have been there for some time but especially Mr Riez could need a break and I trust you to keep my new apprentice safe."
The old Hermetic said and Ryan nodded.
"Just let me drop of some goods with Rosa and then I can go down into the basement and relieve Antonio."
He agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:46 pm

Colin nodded and swiftly copied the contact info down into his own notebook, and placed the note back on the table, "If you insist on destroying the note, I've got the details."
He grinned, "Yes, I think mr. Ladirell would be the last resort... Very, very last resort. Though I do like my justice poetic from time to time, that might be pushing it."
He smiled to Adley, "Good reflexes, then. Not everyone would realize what was going on quick enough to save their hand, I think..."
He nodded to Joakim, "The Etherites would likely be more practical to ask for help when I start converting my handgun to a partial Primium build - that's a bit down the road, and a substantial change in my financial situation away, though."
He pondered, "Your Elementals were helpful in getting the portal out of reach earlier... I don't suppose it would be possible for them to move an inert vampire through the earth in the same manner without doing inadvisible things to his anatomy?"
He pocketed his handgun - slapping the magazine back into place with an audible click - and accepted the coffee, taking a thoughtful sip and putting the little pack of muffins up on the desk, gesturing for the others to help themselves.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next