Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 18 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:"Yes I am just wondering what is going on that is all."
Ryan said and nodded as he stood talking with you though you see Jeffry Morgan come and usher the waiting magi into his office he then glanced at you and Ryan.
"Mr Darehill would you mind helping out with guard duty, most of our guards have been there for some time but especially Mr Riez could need a break and I trust you to keep my new apprentice safe."
The old Hermetic said and Ryan nodded.
"Just let me drop of some goods with Rosa and then I can go down into the basement and relieve Antonio."
He agreed.

Devon looks concerned.... " is there anything i can do to assist?"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 18 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:09 pm

Devon:

Chief Morgan looks at you or a moment as he considers.
"Hum...I would not want to put you into harms way less then half an hours after your arrival at Steelhaven Mr Miles but perhaps you would consider running an errand for me, I have a message that needs to be delivered to a nearby Chantry."

Colin:

He grinned, "Yes, I think mr. Ladirell would be the last resort... Very, very last resort. Though I do like my justice poetic from time to time, that might be pushing it."

"Well poetic justice can be a beautiful thing, but if the goal is to get this man a as light a sentence as possible then finding him a advocate that he despise might not be the best course of action."
Joakim said with a small grin.

He nodded to Joakim, "The Etherites would likely be more practical to ask for help when I start converting my handgun to a partial Primium build - that's a bit down the road, and a substantial change in my financial situation away, though."

"You might be right about that Mr Wainwright and I imagine that when you begin on that conversion you will end up with quite a spectacular weapon."

He pondered, "Your Elementals were helpful in getting the portal out of reach earlier... I don't suppose it would be possible for them to move an inert vampire through the earth in the same manner without doing inadvisible things to his anatomy?"

"Well a vampire might survive such a process but how pleasant it would be for the poor man I do not know, you see unless you decapitate them or destroy their heart what you do to their anatomy do not matter much an inadvisable simply means it will cause them discomfort, it is a possibility to consider at least, though I do not want to ask for favors from my friends to many times, I do not want to be that annoying friend you know who calls every time they need a sofa moved or a lift somewhere."

He pocketed his handgun - slapping the magazine back into place with an audible click - and accepted the coffee, taking a thoughtful sip and putting the little pack of muffins up on the desk, gesturing for the others to help themselves.

Joakim hesitated then he took another muffin and pulled off a piece and dunked it into his coffee mug before eating it, apparently that was how he preferred his sweets, dipped in coffee.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:36 pm

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

Chief Morgan looks at you or a moment as he considers.
"Hum...I would not want to put you into harms way less then half an hours after your arrival at Steelhaven Mr Miles but perhaps you would consider running an errand for me, I have a message that needs to be delivered to a nearby Chantry."
" i would be glad to be of assistance" Devon nods..." yes"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:38 pm

Colin nodded and swiftly copied the contact info down into his own notebook, and placed the note back on the table, "If you insist on destroying the note, I've got the details."

"It's best not to leave scraps around, so yes," he said. Then he raised his eyebrow. "Unless you are going to eat it again," he teased as he took it back. He was suspiciously quiet while they talked about Bergen. He did not like the man, putting it mildly, or what he'd done, which had put them all in danger and further endangered his cabal. They could have tried to save the girl but he had not trusted anyone in the chantry, had in fact u looked down on good people and his former lover was a Nephandus who would use her own child to boot...but, for all that his daughter and Bergen's avatar did deserve better than what outcome might lay in front of him without intervention.

He smiled to Adley, "Good reflexes, then. Not everyone would realize what was going on quick enough to save their hand, I think..."

He nodded. "Reflex and the fact it was not instantaneous, thankfully."

He pondered, "Your Elementals were helpful in getting the portal out of reach earlier... I don't suppose it would be possible for them to move an inert vampire through the earth in the same manner without doing inadvisible things to his anatomy?"
"Well a vampire might survive such a process but how pleasant it would be for the poor man I do not know, you see unless you decapitate them or destroy their heart what you do to their anatomy do not matter much an inadvisable simply means it will cause them discomfort, it is a possibility to consider at least, though I do not want to ask for favors from my friends to many times, I do not want to be that annoying friend you know who calls every time they need a sofa moved or a lift somewhere.

"It might be a be a shock to be staked, force-fed and then dragged through the earth suddenly by a spirit, even to someone that's been around the block a few times. It is preferable to the alternative of not getting out at all though...Chief, if you wish I could make the request though I admit to being low on resources to appropriately offer your friends, they did say that I might call upon them. I already owe them for providing my amicus with comfort when he was injured, though. I would prefer to give them what they deserve, of course, especially as it is hard to drive home the notion of paying one back 'later'. If we're going to discuss with my contact further, I can set up the candle your apprentice made, which can give us a warning about magick being used to scry on us, and with the protections in here we should be reasonably secure," he said, then turned to Joakim and Colin for comment.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Adley:

"It might be a be a shock to be staked, force-fed and then dragged through the earth suddenly by a spirit, even to someone that's been around the block a few times.

"Yes I imagine all three of those might constitute a shock so indeed I doubt the experience would be plesant Mr Roth Hicks."
Joakim agreed.

It is preferable to the alternative of not getting out at all though...Chief, if you wish I could make the request though I admit to being low on resources to appropriately offer your friends, they did say that I might call upon them. I already owe them for providing my amicus with comfort when he was injured, though. I would prefer to give them what they deserve, of course, especially as it is hard to drive home the notion of paying one back 'later'.

"I can arrange for the Umbrood's payment, they like marble, good quality marble to be buried in the earth. I get pieces for them from Mrs Knox's shapechanger contact and I have some laying around if you want to contact them I can provide you with the stones to give them in payment."
The hedge wizard said then he nodded.
"They have no concept of time really, it is hard to grasp how they see the world. In either case you have treated both of them kindly so perhaps you contacting them would be the best option to limit the amount of requests they get from the same person. As for them helping Mr Wainwright they are kind in their way though they do not have emotions quite like us, it do not surprise me that they would help."

If we're going to discuss with my contact further, I can set up the candle your apprentice made, which can give us a warning about magick being used to scry on us, and with the protections in here we should be reasonably secure," he said, then turned to Joakim and Colin for comment.

Joakim nodded at that.
"Very well, it is a quite reliable spell so yes we should be fairly secure."
He agreed.
"Better safe then sorry we do not want the conversation overheard."

Devon:

Jeffry nods and give you a gruff smile.
"Thank you Mr Miles, find someone to ask to go with you I would not want anyone to be out alone right now...do you have a car or will you be taking the bus?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Colin grinned at Adley, "Pass; I can only digest so much information in a day."
Noting his reserved silence on the subject of Ulv Bergen, he added with a sad smile, "Thing is, if it were just the man on trial, well... I have little more than contempt and a smidgeon of pity for him. His daughter, though... I fear it would weight too heavy on my soul to bludgeon and arrest her father, save her from a fate worse than death, and condemn her to seeing her father sentenced without lifting a finger in her defense. She'll have enough grief in her life, what with the troubles with the Janissaries, you know, without me adding to it."
He blinked and frowned, "Wait, of course you don't know what the troubles with the Janissaries are... Hm, come to think of it, I don't know what the troubles with the Janissaries are..."
He nodded and patted his pocket, "When the conversion begins, I expect it'll prove more resilient, and little more... Very little more in the face of adversarial mages who would try to interfere with my weapon..."
He smiled thinly, "Well, I'm aware a vampire can apparently bounce back from almost any injury - but I'd rather not recommend adding injury to injury in the process of extricating him. The fellow might take some offense at being treated like a suitcase in the hands of airline personnel... The concern about irritating your allies is also a very valid point."
He gave Adley a shrug, "I'm afraid I'm fresh out of spare tass now - well, the tass that I'd be willing to give away for consumption, at any rate. I still have some of the neatly packed guk, but I wouldn't want to use that to entice spirits."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Devon:

Jeffry nods and give you a gruff smile.
"Thank you Mr Miles, find someone to ask to go with you I would not want anyone to be out alone right now...do you have a car or will you be taking the bus?"[/quote]

I'll be taking the bus as i cannot drive, Sir" Devon says apologetically

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Colin:

She'll have enough grief in her life, what with the troubles with the Janissaries, you know, without me adding to it."

"Trouble with House Janissary Mr Wainwright? What trouble is that?"
Joakim asked and raised an eyebrow.

He blinked and frowned, "Wait, of course you don't know what the troubles with the Janissaries are... Hm, come to think of it, I don't know what the troubles with the Janissaries are...

Again the Security Chief gave you a bit of a odd look.
"Is this from your future visions Mr Wainwright, for if there is trouble with the Janissary we need to know about it, their House is rather important in the Order."

He nodded and patted his pocket, "When the conversion begins, I expect it'll prove more resilient, and little more... Very little more in the face of adversarial mages who would try to interfere with my weapon..."

"That is the job of Primium my good man, that and creating liches, but I do hope that if you ever decide to attempt that ritual you do not do it with a gun...for that promises to be awfully messy...well more messy than the Hermetic lichdom ritual already are."
Joakim said with a bit of a grin.

He smiled thinly, "Well, I'm aware a vampire can apparently bounce back from almost any injury - but I'd rather not recommend adding injury to injury in the process of extricating him. The fellow might take some offense at being treated like a suitcase in the hands of airline personnel... The concern about irritating your allies is also a very valid point."

"Well avoiding aggravating powerful elementals and grumpy old vampires is good advice for a long life, still I suspect this Tremere Elder would rather be bumped around a bit then become a sacrifice and then fuel for the Nephandic ritual."
The old hedge wizard commented.
"But yes we will try to treat the man kindly and gently if we can."

He gave Adley a shrug, "I'm afraid I'm fresh out of spare tass now - well, the tass that I'd be willing to give away for consumption, at any rate. I still have some of the neatly packed guk, but I wouldn't want to use that to entice spirits."

Joakim looked quite scandalized and said sternly.
"Mr Wainwright you are not feeding my Umbrood allies corrupted vis, they are respectable spirits. Now I have an ally that are the spirit of a junkyard, you would be suprised what information he can overhear he might be more interested but even there no...just no."

Devon:

Jeffry Morgan nodded.
"That is not a problem, just take the Nr 5 bus down to the docks, it go by about every fifteen minutes and then head east, Chantry Riverside are at Nr 5 Adell Wilkins' St...I want you to go there and tell them that we might need the services of their mechanic, I will not mention names just yet, just tell them that...and keep your eyes open out there Mr Miles, the streets are not safe tonight."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Colin frowned, "In twenty years, Liv Bergen will be frustrated by a mandatory check-in with the Security Offices in concordia, due to the troubles with House Janissary... At that time, I'll know what the troubles are, specifically. For now... Ulv Bergen mentioned that there's a rot in the House, but he was either ignorant of or unwilling to divulge any details... I'm not certain which."
He grimaced, "I've discussed the concept of lichdom at some length with Lady Crexia. I'm very much turned off of the idea - in part over the cessation of growth issue."
He smiled thinly, "I am indeed not feeding anyone corrupted tass. I will keep it for short-term weaponization, practical demonstrations in magical instruction, or otherwise dispose of it to avoid keeping the crap around on a long-term basis. The last tass I had that I would be willing to hand over to anyone or anything like that was a dram mrs. Knox left me in my reconvalescence, which I offered up to convince Shimmer to manifest in the garage. Anything heavily resonated like the rest I am lugging around will be tactically applied to the Fallen this weekend, or not at all... Hum, the Genius Loci of a junkyard... I expect that would be an immensely useful ally for getting urgent spare parts, as well as information..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:15 pm

Devon:

Jeffry Morgan nodded.
"That is not a problem, just take the Nr 5 bus down to the docks, it go by about every fifteen minutes and then head east, Chantry Riverside are at Nr 5 Adell Wilkins' St...I want you to go there and tell them that we might need the services of their mechanic, I will not mention names just yet, just tell them that...and keep your eyes open out there Mr Miles, the streets are not safe tonight."[/quote]

"Thank you Mr Morgan. and can you suggest whom i should take as a partner?" Devon wonders "I will make sure my eyes are open sir"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:26 am

Colin:

Colin frowned, "In twenty years, Liv Bergen will be frustrated by a mandatory check-in with the Security Offices in concordia, due to the troubles with House Janissary... At that time, I'll know what the troubles are, specifically. For now... Ulv Bergen mentioned that there's a rot in the House, but he was either ignorant of or unwilling to divulge any details... I'm not certain which."

"Hum...if the young woman is required to make regular check ins then the trouble must be serious. I hope you excuse me for saying so but if your Chantrymate knows anything about this he needs to be made to talk about it, the Janissary are the attack dogs of our judges, if they are corrupted that is about as serious as if the Quaesitoris themselves are."
Joakim said and frowned.

He grimaced, "I've discussed the concept of lichdom at some length with Lady Crexia. I'm very much turned off of the idea - in part over the cessation of growth issue."

"Yes liches are indeed quite stagnant that is part of the concept for how they reach immortality, the ritual is quite unneeded these days anyway as there are better ways to extend one's life which is why it is rare...well they where always rare but even rarer to see liches these days, but before the Order joined the Traditions there where a rather sharp cap on how long Hermetic longevity potions could keep you alive."

He smiled thinly, "I am indeed not feeding anyone corrupted tass. I will keep it for short-term weaponization, practical demonstrations in magical instruction, or otherwise dispose of it to avoid keeping the crap around on a long-term basis.

"Good."

The last tass I had that I would be willing to hand over to anyone or anything like that was a dram mrs. Knox left me in my reconvalescence, which I offered up to convince Shimmer to manifest in the garage. Anything heavily resonated like the rest I am lugging around will be tactically applied to the Fallen this weekend, or not at all...

"Very well Mr Wainwright then we are in agreement."
Joakim said, the man was clearly quite protective of his spirit allies.
"I have no objections to using the corrupted tass as a weapon against the Fallen as long as you do so safely and do not get to much Jhor, just remember my good man that while you do not get Resonance as quickly by associating your magick with what shall we call them, negative deeds as with using highly Resonated Tass, all actions generate Resonance, use that Tass to much, even if you do not let it enter your system and you will get Jhor."
The old hedge wizard warned.
"Be careful with it Mr Wainwright."

Hum, the Genius Loci of a junkyard... I expect that would be an immensely useful ally for getting urgent spare parts, as well as information..."

"Yes indeed."
The Security Chief said and smiled.

Devon:

Jeffry Morgan regards you for a moment.
"If I did I would have sent for that person, try the common room, it is right through there."
The old mage said and pointed.
"There is usually always someone there, ask around if anyone will go with you Mr Miles."
He ordered clearly just wanting the small task done and leaving the details of it to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:32 am

Bows slightly and leaves the room.....Devon goes to the common room...... opens the door and steps in" Umm hi.... i have been asked to go to Chantry Riverside, on an errand and i guess i need company to go there, is anyone free to go? "

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:35 am

Colin grinned at Adley, "Pass; I can only digest so much information in a day."

"I hope you left room for just desserts."

"I can arrange for the Umbrood's payment, they like marble, good quality marble to be buried in the earth. I get pieces for them from Mrs Knox's shapechanger contact and I have some laying around if you want to contact them I can provide you with the stones to give them in payment."

"I would very much appreciate that, sir. I would pay you back later, in an equitable manner when I can."

"Thing is, if it were just the man on trial, well... I have little more than contempt and a smidgeon of pity for him. His daughter, though... I fear it would weight too heavy on my soul to bludgeon and arrest her father, save her from a fate worse than death, and condemn her to seeing her father sentenced without lifting a finger in her defense. She'll have enough grief in her life, what with the troubles with the Janissaries, you know, without me adding to it." He blinked and frowned, "Wait, of course you don't know what the troubles with the Janissaries are... Hm, come to think of it, I don't know what the troubles with the Janissaries are..."

"Yes, you're correct of course. I don't wish that on his girl, or even on his avatar." Then he tilted his head. "No, we don't, do we? Unless you know something I don't."

"Not any spirits I would like to work with, at any rate." He made a slight face of disgust at the thought of the tass and nodded as he went on to say he wasn't going to use it for such and went on to explain about the tass Mrs Knox gave him. "Ah, that was courtesy of the Chief's friends, a gift."

"I did not hear about this part, just what we were told from Bergen...he did not seem to know anything else about it, but we can try asking again." He frowned deeper as the Chief discussed the ramifications of what that could mean. "If there's trouble in her House then we should later discuss her return to her mentor...but first thing's first. Prevent a vampire from being turned into tass." He took out the candle. "Well, I suppose you will have to hear the name of my contact to use this candle. Or at least the name she goes by. Do try to keep it as close as you can though, as hopefully she will do the same for me."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:02 am

Adley:

"I would very much appreciate that, sir. I would pay you back later, in an equitable manner when I can."

"If it was for your own personal projects you needed the marble Mr Roth Hicks you could pay me back, right now we are pooling our resources to stop the Fallen. I would like there to be a world come Monday morning, I do not want my apprentices to have to face the horror of what the Nephandi are planning, so you do not owe me anything."
Joakim said firmly.
"I contribute in any way I can to keep this Chantry safe."

"Yes, you're correct of course. I don't wish that on his girl, or even on his avatar." Then he tilted his head. "No, we don't, do we? Unless you know something I don't."

The Security Chief frowned and nodded at that part of the conversation between the two other mages.

"I did not hear about this part, just what we were told from Bergen...he did not seem to know anything else about it, but we can try asking again." He frowned deeper as the Chief discussed the ramifications of what that could mean. "If there's trouble in her House then we should later discuss her return to her mentor...but first thing's first. Prevent a vampire from being turned into tass."

"I agree however I am not sure Mr Wainwright's future visions are enough to give us any right to keep a Mentor from his apprentice unless we have any proof that the man is not suited to care for her."
Joakim said but he sounded concerned.
"I am worried what this could mean for our Order though but as you say Sodalis first things first, let us prevent the Nephandi from getting what they want first then discuss this situation with the Janissary."

He took out the candle. "Well, I suppose you will have to hear the name of my contact to use this candle. Or at least the name she goes by. Do try to keep it as close as you can though, as hopefully she will do the same for me."

"I will keep the name close and not share it unless there is extreme need to do so."
Joakim agreed.
"I know the good lady must be taking some risk in helping us, I might not be overly fond of her kind but I have no desire to see her harmed."

Devon:

In the common room you see a man in his 40's sitting and eating supper, a big, black labrador at his feet, there is also a pretty girl with dark skin and long braids there talking with an woman in her 60's.
"I would not mind a walk along the river I need to let my familiar stretch his legs anyway."
The man with the dog said and stood after he finished the last bite on his plate.
"I am afraid I do not know who you are though young man."
He said and eyed you, he was a plain looking man, with sharp, intelligent eyes, a slightly plump face and brown hair, he petted his dog as he regarded you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:32 am

Friday:
No, but i've been agains an ancestral Lava Dragon Spirit. Fuck masters. Her mentor was a master, he could have done that on his own, so i could have done something to get him an edge so he could run away. he said with a smile.
That's because we haven't exercised that right. That proceeding was against the magick comunity: what we could find about her turning her avatar right might have turned the tides against the fucking Nephandi. It's our right to protect that (even as an excuse to protect beatrice). We could have done a lot of things, but we did nothing. I should have stayed... and from now on, i'm staying here, at steelhaven to get her safe. As soon as i can, anyway.

Saturday:
((I usually take out one dice after every action. Maybe you do it in another way. I'm sorry.
And extra succeses i always used that, if you hit, and the other one can't dodge, the succeses over the ones of the dodge get added to the damage.

Soaking: 6 dices.
Roll1: 7 3 9 10 4 5
Roll2: 5 10 10 1 1 6
Roll3: 2 8 8 1 8 10

Attack: 6 dices
Roll: 1 8 9 9 2 9
Damage: 7 dices
Roll: 3 1 7 8 7 10 (4) 3))

Told you that was nothing to the power of my ancestors. Surrender and i will have mercy on you. We can return your avatar to what it was, to the pure soul it was. he said as he tried to slash him. He was almost sure he could attack without kill him outright, so they could try to help her.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:23 am

Friday:

No, but i've been agains an ancestral Lava Dragon Spirit. Fuck masters. Her mentor was a master, he could have done that on his own, so i could have done something to get him an edge so he could run away. he said with a smile.

"Perhaps but if Master Nassa had taken his apprentice and run, that might have looked badly on her and would just get the pair of them hunted down, and that is if they managed to flee in the first place."
Henrietta said and sigh.

That's because we haven't exercised that right. That proceeding was against the magick comunity: what we could find about her turning her avatar right might have turned the tides against the fucking Nephandi. It's our right to protect that (even as an excuse to protect beatrice). We could have done a lot of things, but we did nothing. I should have stayed... and from now on, i'm staying here, at steelhaven to get her safe. As soon as i can, anyway.

"Perhaps but then a society need laws to function, and if everyone rebelled every time a law did not suit them then there would be chaos pretty quickly."
Henrietta commented.
"But yes perhaps something should have been done...perhaps."
You get to the doors of Steelhaven and get inside, there is no one in the entrance hall. Henrietta smiles to you.
"Well thank you for dinner Tane, I should go now and let you say hi to Miss Alexander and I will see later."

Saturday:

The first bullet do nothing to you, the second one hurts though, you do think the sword protect you enough to take the edge of it but you feel a sharp pain as it enters your chest, the third bullet just bounce off you again rather harmlessly, whatever Henrietta is doing though seam to be working for this time you do hit the Nephandus, though you just glance him and open a cut in his thigh, the man cried out but was still standing.
"You have to be nuts man, there is nothing that can turn an Avatar back, and even if it was, what makes you think I would want that?"
The Nephandus said and moved closer to you, he apparently had found that shooting you where not that effective so it was time for a new tactic, your opponent moved quickly through he was somewhat slowed down by his wound and tried to grab your sword arm to lock it.

You hear Coawa cry out, it appear that the Nephandus he was trying to bite in half still had some fight left in him and he had begun chanting in a strange, horrid language and three spikes grew out of the ground and alarming speed, your friend managed to avoid one to the spikes but the two others hit him and they where made of silver, you hear the wereshark's flesh tear but luckily the hits where not good ones and the spikes hit nothing major, it did make him drop the badly wounded Nephandus though. Henrietta swore and pulled the trigger of her gun again, this time aiming at the man who was fighting with Coawa and hitting him once in the shoulder and once in the head and the Nephandus stopped moving and the spikes he had created stopped growing, you could feel Paradox swirl in the air now, reality did not like a Fallen doing something that vulgar.

(OOC: Generally you cut your dice pool in half when taking two actions, that is why Disciplines like Celerity is worth so much. Also if you hit you get to roll damage but not add four, each weapon have a a number that say how many dice you get to roll in addition to your strength for damage, and for a dagger I think it is 2 and for a sword two, but I do not have the book in front of me, do anyone else of you guys know how exactly it works in M20?)

(OOC 2: Roll dodge to try to avoid the Nephandus attempt to grab you and lock your sword arm against his own body. Oh and you take two lethal for the second bullet that hit you, the two others however bounce of harmlessly.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:29 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "A tiny throwaway comment from a memory of the future, and such potential consequences... Damn, but we will have to interrogate mr. Bergen... Wait, bloody hell, I just realized, why hadn't Liv's mentor reported her missing?"
He smiled, "Perhaps the longevity potions have become a little too effective by now? There's a fairly popular notion that it's the finite nature of a life that lets you enjoy it more, inspires more rapid growth... But then, I suppose most Mages realize that it can be cut short at any time anyway, from one outside threat or another..."
He nodded, "I know, it's a dangerous substance... The moment I detect my personal resonances shifting will be when I start to pinpoint precisely how much safer my method is compared to the... conventional means of disposal for the stuff."
He gave Adley a chuckle, "Just deserts? I have muffin to worry about in that regard, I think."
He nodded, "Ah, it were the elementals who provided that tass? Good lads. Very good lads. Let them know how much I appreciated that, please."
He shook his head, "In any case, yes, the conversation with your contact; we'll have to start digging into the Janissaries later, assuming we get a later."
He leaned back and nibbled thoughtfully on his muffin.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:12 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "A tiny throwaway comment from a memory of the future, and such potential consequences... Damn, but we will have to interrogate mr. Bergen... Wait, bloody hell, I just realized, why hadn't Liv's mentor reported her missing?"

"Interrogating this Mr Bergen might be a good idea, it will be essential to find out what he knows."
Joakim agreed.
"Hum...that is a good question, then again he might have within his own Tribunal or assumed that the girl was lost to the Union so that itself is not proof that he have done anything illegal but it is worth checking into...who is young Miss Bergen's Mentor if you do not mind me asking?"

He smiled, "Perhaps the longevity potions have become a little too effective by now? There's a fairly popular notion that it's the finite nature of a life that lets you enjoy it more, inspires more rapid growth... But then, I suppose most Mages realize that it can be cut short at any time anyway, from one outside threat or another..."

"I have a feeling that saying have come into being as a way for sleepers who do not believe life extension to be possible to comfort themselves. I would not say I enjoy life any less having lived this long, though then again my circumstances makes...well there are enjoyable things in my life I appreciate, my apprentices, this job, my friends, things that make this life worth living and while I might have another perspective on time,it do not mean I appreciate them less."
The old hedge wizard said and frowned.
"Then again most mages do not generally extend their lives this long as most do not want to either leave earth or become riddled with Paradox, I do not have that problem."

He nodded, "I know, it's a dangerous substance... The moment I detect my personal resonances shifting will be when I start to pinpoint precisely how much safer my method is compared to the... conventional means of disposal for the stuff."

Joakim nodded at that but he still frowned.

He nodded, "Ah, it were the elementals who provided that tass? Good lads. Very good lads. Let them know how much I appreciated that, please."

"Yes the brothers can pull Tass out of the earth itself with some effort, part of the reason why I am so careful with their name, there are plenty of mages that would not hesitate to enslave them for that ability."
The Security Chief said and frowned.
"I will let them know your gratitude though Mr Wainwright."
He said and gave a bit of a smile.

He shook his head, "In any case, yes, the conversation with your contact; we'll have to start digging into the Janissaries later, assuming we get a later."
He leaned back and nibbled thoughtfully on his muffin.

"Agreed, one crisis at the time, or at the most two..."
The linear mage said then he sigh.
"Though lately reality do not seam to completely agree with that policy."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Devon:

In the common room you see a man in his 40's sitting and eating supper, a big, black labrador at his feet, there is also a pretty girl with dark skin and long braids there talking with an woman in her 60's.
"I would not mind a walk along the river I need to let my familiar stretch his legs anyway."
The man with the dog said and stood after he finished the last bite on his plate.
"I am afraid I do not know who you are though young man."
He said and eyed you, he was a plain looking man, with sharp, intelligent eyes, a slightly plump face and brown hair, he petted his dog as he regarded you.[/quote]

Umm.. Hi.. i am Devon Miles.... and new inmate here... he twitches a nervous smile... "he says" And may i have your name?

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:09 pm

He gave Adley a chuckle, "Just deserts? I have muffin to worry about in that regard, I think."

He smiled a little. "One shouldn't worry about desert."

"If it was for your own personal projects you needed the marble Mr Roth Hicks you could pay me back, right now we are pooling our resources to stop the Fallen. I would like there to be a world come Monday morning, I do not want my apprentices to have to face the horror of what the Nephandi are planning, so you do not owe me anything." Joakim said firmly. "I contribute in any way I can to keep this Chantry safe

"Very well, sir. Then you have my gratitude."

"I agree however I am not sure Mr Wainwright's future visions are enough to give us any right to keep a Mentor from his apprentice unless we have any proof that the man is not suited to care for her."

"I didn't meant to imply that was the case but to proceed with that in mind, as best we could."

Adley frowned. "It's possible he did, we don't know the extent of everything going on, after all."

"I will keep the name close and not share it unless there is extreme need to do so." Joakim agreed. "I know the good lady must be taking some risk in helping us, I might not be overly fond of her kind but I have no desire to see her harmed.

"So it seems," he said with a nod.

"I shall do that."

"Very well. The way this works is that if the flame gutters, there is someone scrying or using magick to listen in. If it flickers, there is someone within earshot, so try to remain reasonably still, though it didn't seem to move much with speaking or slight shifting around." He looked  for something to place the candle on so it wouldn't melt onto the desk before concentrating on it as he lit it, speaking Tyler's name. Then he picked his phone out to call her back.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Devon:

"Ah yes...the Etherite right? I heard one where coming to stay with us."
The man with the dog said then he nodded and gave you a nod of his head in greeting.
"Off course, my name is Darrian Haagen Hermes bani Solificati I am pleased to meet you Mr Miles."
He said and scratched his short, well kept beard.
"Oh at this is Mundi."
He said and indicated his large black dog.

(OOC: I have gone through the threads trying to find if I have named Darrian's dog before but I could not find it so I hope I am not messing that up. Also I remembered it wrong he is a rottweiler not a lab.)

Adley:

"Very well, sir. Then you have my gratitude."

Joakim nodded at that.

"I didn't meant to imply that was the case but to proceed with that in mind, as best we could."

"I agree, we need to find out more about that situation though before we act in any way."
The Security Chief commented.

Adley frowned. "It's possible he did, we don't know the extent of everything going on, after all."

"Yes and it is important not to point any fingers before we have a clear picture of the situation."
Joakim cautioned.

He looked for something to place the candle on so it wouldn't melt onto the desk before concentrating on it as he lit it, speaking Tyler's name. Then he picked his phone out to call her back.

Joakim handed you a small plate that had once contained a sandwich to place the candle on. Tyler picks up the phone rather quickly and you see the flame flickering but it had not needed to for you hear the hustle and bustle of others around you.
"Ah Mr Roth Hicks...one moment...for fuck sake Damien you are what, seventy five, stop acting like a kid, take the rest and get out of here so I can take this call in peace...thank you..."
There was more hustle and bustle and then Tyler said.
"Ah much better."
The flame was still flickering a bit though there was still someone around her.
"So what news do you have?"
The vampiress asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:03 pm

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

"Ah yes...the Etherite right? I heard one where coming to stay with us."
The man with the dog said then he nodded and gave you a nod of his head in greeting.
"Off course, my name is Darrian Haagen Hermes bani Solificati I am pleased to meet you Mr Miles."
He said and scratched his short, well kept beard.
"Oh at this is Mundi."
He said and indicated his large black dog.

(OOC: I have gone through the threads trying to find if I have named Darrian's dog before but I could not find it so I hope I am not messing that up. Also I remembered it wrong he is a rottweiler not a lab.)

"yes that's right" Devon says hesitantly and bows slightly to Darrin and waves a little sheepishly at Mundi " may we go?, i am afriad i will have to let you direct us as i am not too familiar with the area "

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:57 pm

Colin thought for a moment, "Liv's Mentor is a Master Boz, in the city of Bursa, in Turkey. Going by Liv's descriptions, he's an intelligent man, and sporting quite a bit of wisdom in strategic and tactical matters, such as knowing not to dismiss an innovative Initiate merely due to rank... It would be safe to extrapolate that the man is likely to consider matters before taking action."
He smiled thinly, "The notion has actually been presented in numerous fictional works, often expressed by individuals of extreme longevity, who have seen generations of friends and family pass away before them... Sometimes I do wonder if perhaps those viewpoints have been drawn from individuals with actual extreme lifespans - Magi, vampires, and so on. It would seem lonely for immortals who surround themselves with Sleepers... Mind you, I'm not entirely sold on the idea that a limited lifespan is the best... nor am I sold on the idea of an indefinite one. But it would seem that so long as you keep moving forward and don't stop appreciating life, there's never enough time."
He grimaced, "I believe it was Henry Ford who was credited for saying that there could be no crisis in the immediate future; his schedule was full."
He gave Adley a smirk, "Having been there, I can assure you, deserts should be worried about. They are hot, dry and unpleasant, and the sand gets into places you didn't know you had places."
He leaned back as Adley lit the candle, and carefully controlled his breathing so as not to disrupt the candle by accident.

((OOC: Sorry I was away all day. First I was looking for Master Boz' name, and before I could locate it, I had to catch the bus. Movie night - Turtles 2 and Independence Day 2. Good entertainment both; Bebop and Rocksteady are even dumber than they were in the nineties, by far, and Independence Day 2 feels a lot more like the XCOM series than the first did. Hope we don't have to wait 20 years for Independence Day 3. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:11 am

Friday:
I don't know what's right, but i know this is not. he said.Enjoy your evening. he said as a greeting and went over to where they had Beatrice to see how she was doing.

Saturday:
We can! We are doing it! Right now! he said sure of it. Now there are two of them healing, so he knew it was possible. Why would you want to be this? Why wouldn't you find Ascention? he asked, not really interested in debating but in him beliving they could.
((I understand. Hey, could i try to pull my arm off and make him grab the sword instead, so that i can just cut his hands?))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:34 am

He grimaced, "I believe it was Henry Ford who was credited for saying that there could be no crisis in the immediate future; his schedule was full."

"Or even in the not so immediate," he said with a frown.

He gave Adley a smirk, "Having been there, I can assure you, deserts should be worried about. They are hot, dry and unpleasant, and the sand gets into places you didn't know you had places."

"Did I say desert?" He blinked and then shrugged.

He smiled faintly as she scolded someone, but then turned serious as he saw the candle flickering. He tilted his head and then glanced at the others before he said in a mild tone, "Are you alone now? I am with others, so we can plan."

// @Ashan. If you want to do a quote of someone's text, first copy and paste it and then type (without the spaces)
[quote ] paste the text HERE [/quote]
Or, you can copy it and use the little chat bubble icon on the top bar on the post write up screen, hover over them until you find the one that says 'Quote' When you click it, it gives you the option to put the author but you can just hit insert. You get the code and can paste the text in between them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next