Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 18 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 18 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:08 pm

"I know of one, a Malkavian...ehm that is one of our groups, but beyond him I do not know of any though there may be more of that profession in that particular Clan, but turning someone into a vampire to gain such skill, no, I would not recomend that I...do not hate what I am but I would hesitate to turn another."
Isabella said softly.
"Then again I am young, most do not take childers before they themselves are Elders I might feel differently then."
He nodded, "It's a very human thing to want children at some point... but no, simply, hm, adopting someone for their profession would be unethical."

"I am told that is what we do, that our powers and particularly the blood magic of my Clan are hedge magic, and the only difference is that our hedge magic is fueled by our blood instead o the refined mana human hedge wizards use."
The vampiress said.
"That seams to make sense to me."
He nodded, "And I do believe you might be able to learn the same mana-fueled hedge magic as mortals can use. I'm not a Linear Mage, though, and I've never been one, so don't take my word for gospel in that regard."

"I would be happy to teach you as well Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and she smiled a little.
"It is a simple rote really and it do make a dagger far more...potent, or any any weapon for that matter, a club, a sword, a bullet, or a non weapon can be made more long lasting and functioning better."
He smiled wryly, "I would love to, but perhaps not tonight... Still, it would be amusing to make my pen mightier than the sword."

"No I do think we are at the stange where he can start practicing."
Udella smiled then she said to Andrew.
"Go and see if you can pull the spell of child, and then come and show me and we will see if you have gotten it right."
The old Quesitor said and Andrew stood.
"Thank you for the instruction Master Adimari...what do you want in return for your instruction?"
He asked and Udella smiled.
"Tell you what child, what if you go and brew me and Mr Wainwright a cup of tea before you sit down to practice and we will call it even."
Andrew smiled.
"Thank you Master...you are very kind...ehm what tea would you like? And you Mr Wainwright?"
He asked.
"Green tea please with a bit of lemon."
Udella said and when you had also said what sort of tea you wanted and how you liked to take it Andrew hurried to the kitchen. Udella smiled a little.
"Ah forgive the delay Mr Wainwright, I do so enjoy teaching the young...now you where saying about my client, we can not sent him to Dr Mossley on Horizon?"
The Quesitor said as she indicated a chair beside her.
"Pease have a seat and we willdiscuss the matter."
He nodded to Andrew, "Earl Grey, one sugar and a splash of lemon, if you please."
He sat down and nodded, face turning a little darker, "Wrinkle had some... specific points to make. I nearly broke the timeline when I prevented Anna and Allison from suffering the long-term effects of the serum. There will be another, now, who collapses from the side effects, so I can bring her to the Etherite clinic and learn of the serum's problems in the future... But for now, we cannot refer anyone to Dr. Mossly, and we can in particular not share the treatment so that she might learn of it. She'll have to be the one who discovers it herself. We can probably get away with leaking that the serum is a Lichdom potion derivative - that might let her get the idea earlier - but we can't tell her about the way the potion reacts with the serum, or the Primium particles. However, bring him here, to let Dr. Lee treat him, presumably after seeing Dr. Bouchard for therapy, and your old client will get to enjoy several more years free of those terrible headaches."
He leaned back and frowned, "I'm... going to watch over the one who must suffer; we may not be able to treat her before her collapse, but... Wrinkle suggested she may make a full recovery afterwards. He's a more sympathetic spirit than the, hm, literature on him might imply."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 18 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Anja's Post:

Once she'd dumped the towels somewhere convenient [this being "a spot which is not in the direct way"], cleared enough of the couch to sit on and had settled down with her take-out did Nicole look at the note.

'Jon Sherman... is he here, or another base?' she mused, as she began to attack a lukewarm taco. The day's events had rather helped in making memories of people a little jumbled up...

[Forum was down for at least three hours today... grr...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:09 pm

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening)

He nodded, "It's a very human thing to want children at some point... but no, simply, hm, adopting someone for their profession would be unethical."

"It is usually how it is done, the Sire choose someone with skills or a postion that is useful to him or her, sometimes a mortal are chosen for other reasons, even for love or friendship but every often it is their profession, I do not know how I will choose my progeny, or if I wil ever choose to have any, but for now I guess I have a senile old mage, is pet cat and young apprentice to help care for."
Isabella said, fondly at the last part, she clearly cared for old Master Antonius.

He nodded, "And I do believe you might be able to learn the same mana-fueled hedge magic as mortals can use. I'm not a Linear Mage, though, and I've never been one, so don't take my word for gospel in that regard."

"That sounds really interesting Mr Wainwright, I would really love to learn such magic, I am going to have to ask Chief Joakim about it."
The vampiress said and she sounded happy for the first time in the coversation.

He smiled wryly, "I would love to, but perhaps not tonight... Still, it would be amusing to make my pen mightier than the sword."

"We will have many chances to talk and learn from one another in the future my friend, if you do not mind me calling you so, today when you are tired are not the time."
The old Quesitor commented with a warm smie.

He nodded to Andrew, "Earl Grey, one sugar and a splash of lemon, if you please."

"As you wish Sir."
Andrew said and he headed for the kitchen and soon returned with tho cups of coffee.
"Thank you child."
Udella said and smiled and Andrew excused himself and left for the kitchen to practice his new spell.

He sat down and nodded, face turning a little darker, "Wrinkle had some... specific points to make. I nearly broke the timeline when I prevented Anna and Allison from suffering the long-term effects of the serum. There will be another, now, who collapses from the side effects, so I can bring her to the Etherite clinic and learn of the serum's problems in the future... But for now, we cannot refer anyone to Dr. Mossly, and we can in particular not share the treatment so that she might learn of it. She'll have to be the one who discovers it herself. We can probably get away with leaking that the serum is a Lichdom potion derivative - that might let her get the idea earlier - but we can't tell her about the way the potion reacts with the serum, or the Primium particles.

The old Quesitor nodded, she looked rather concerned.
"I see, well it makes sense that an event must have happened before it can be learned from, what about Allison? I was planning on taking her with me to Horizon and having her take the cure regularly until I can let her of the serum, I take it I can not take her to Dr Mossly either then?"
She asked and frowned.

However, bring him here, to let Dr. Lee treat him, presumably after seeing Dr. Bouchard for therapy, and your old client will get to enjoy several more years free of those terrible headaches."

"I can at least ask him if he would conest to theraphy, I am not so sure he would allow Dr Lee to stick a needle in his spine, not after a year on that damned serum."
The Enforcer said and frowned.

He leaned back and frowned, "I'm... going to watch over the one who must suffer; we may not be able to treat her before her collapse, but... Wrinkle suggested she may make a full recovery afterwards. He's a more sympathetic spirit than the, hm, literature on him might imply."

"Poor woman, I wish more can be done for her."
Your advocate said.
"As for the Paradox Spirit his manners are soft but make no mistake if you refuse his polite requests then he will remove you from time or send you to a Paradox Realm, be careful with him Mr Wainwright very careful."
The Quesitor cautioned.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening)

'Jon Sherman... is he here, or another base?' she mused, as she began to attack a lukewarm taco. The day's events had rather helped in making memories of people a little jumbled up...

You do remember a young, thin man in a trenchcoat who had done his effects with a phone indicating that he was either an Adept or one of your own and this man had been referred to as Jon by several of the others, this could be the Jon Sherman who had left you the note.

(OOC: Yeah it do that from time to time. I am still having problems getting into the forum it is up one moment and gone the next I have been trying to post this for over an hour.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Nicole idly wondered what the package was and the identity of the sender as she munched through her tacos... could be Baynes, but her order for replacement parts wasn't in a hurry or anything...

[Just allowing the chance for anybody to call on Nicole while eating]

[Not you, forum provider. The 'spinning wheel' and the load of numbers is showing bandwidth is limited and you're not getting in. My own forum is the very same.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:30 pm

As you where finishing the last of your tacos your phone rang, you saw it was the Chief's number. The tacos where not bad though, yes they had gotten lukewarm but they where good for fastfood.

(OOC: Uesually the forum works pretty well and it is not like I pay for it so one day every now an again when it is laggy I have to accept I am sure it will behave better tomorrow, but guys when the forum is misbehaven rembember to copy what you have written before hitting send, the forum will not remember your post if it clocks out before it complete the task of posting.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:43 pm

"Master violinist, well not yet but perhaps one day."
Rosa said as she picked up her violin again and started palaying. Yu Die and Anna smiled and setteled down to listen to her playing. Rosa was really good and her beautiful music filled her room.

Serge stayed quiet and listened, enjoying the music, observing how she played, and imagining Rosa in professional musicians clothing playing within a spotlight playing to a roaring audience.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:02 pm

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

Rosa closed her eyes as she played, clearly she lost herself in her music the same way you lost yourself in your drawings, after a few melodies she stopped playing and smiled as little and allmost regretfully put her violin down.
"Well then Cousin what do you think?"
She said then she smiled a little as the young mage girls applauded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave the phone a confused look for a moment, cleared her mouth and answered. 'Yeah?'

[It's not as bad as it used to be in say '16 - got to the stage it was a weekly thing. And I always type out what I write somewhere else and paste it in as a reply - I've used this software far too long to trust it 100%]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Rosa closed her eyes as she played, clearly she lost herself in her music the same way you lost yourself in your drawings, after a few melodies she stopped playing and smiled as little and allmost regretfully put her violin down.
"Well then Cousin what do you think?"
She said then she smiled a little as the young mage girls applauded.

Serge clapped along with the girls. "Bravo! That was amazing! That was outstanding! Your really are a skilled musician. It was kinda freaky in a way. You just sorta moved the bow back and forth and music came out."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:45 pm

"Well I think that is the same as saying that someone just rub knitting pins together and sweathers come out, there is a bit more to it than that, here let me show you."
Rosa said and she walked over to you and showed you her violin.
"Which of the strings to draw the bow over and where and how I put my fingers on the neck makes me able to control what note I play, how long I hold the note and how the sound will come out...do you want to try?"
Your Cousin said and she offered you the violin.
"And thank you for your kind words Cousin."

Nicole gave the phone a confused look for a moment, cleared her mouth and answered. 'Yeah?'

"Miss Bouchard, I am sorry to trouble you again, but your assistence are needed downstairs, you, Mr Wainwright and Miss Mundi are the best marksmen I have, and having an extra guard in the basement right now would be a boon."
Jeffry said.
"Hopefully it will not be a problem, but there could be danger so I am not going to order you to help out."

(OOC: I have to be lucky then for this game was up and running in 2016 and other then maintenance it was not down very often.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:06 pm

"Well I think that is the same as saying that someone just rub knitting pins together and sweathers come out, there is a bit more to it than that, here let me show you."
Rosa said and she walked over to you and showed you her violin.
"Which of the strings to draw the bow over and where and how I put my fingers on the neck makes me able to control what note I play, how long I hold the note and how the sound will come out...do you want to try?"
Your Cousin said and she offered you the violin.
"And thank you for your kind words Cousin."

"Oh hell yes! I've always wanted to try playing an instrument that wasn't a clarinet." Serge said excitedly in a tone that sounded like a child getting a present for Christmas. He took the violin when Rosa offered it to him and held it carefully, as if afraid of breaking it.

"Are you sure though. Aren't these things like super-fragile? Like if you touch them wrong they explode?" he said as he tried holding the instrument in a similar manner to how Rosa held it, accepting any advice or direction from the musician.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Anja's Post:

A small pause, as Nicole swore inwardly, while lighting a smoke. 'Is this about the prisoner removal, sir? Including the vampires?' scratching herself for a moment, wishing this had come up before she'd eaten a twin taco pack and a portion of cheesy nachos...

[It wasn't down much, but more than it is now]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:55 am

"It is a pleasure to meet you Master Tolle, let me introduce Cecilia Sinclair, the one this is all about." Henrietta said and she indicated Cecilia who sat on the sofa, the young woman stood and gave Master Tolle a curtsy. The old Quesitor nodded.
"A pleasure Miss Day, Miss Sinclair." He said as Henrietta indicated a chair for him. "I will go and get the coffee then, please make yourselves welcome and no problem Mr Roth Hicks things comes up at times."
The hedge wizards said as she went to the kitchen. Cecilia gave Master Tolle a nervous look and waited for him to sit before she sat down herself then she gave you a slight smile. "I have written the document you requested Mr Roth Hicks it is on the table." Henrietta said from the kitchen and you saw a document written on very nice, thick paper laying on the table.

"Thank you. Oh, good," he said when she told him about the letter and pulled it over to him to read it. "Very well, in overview, Master Tolle we wish your guidance in order to make a proper, legally binding document for an arrangement that we wish to make. Miss Sinclair was at the labyrinth earlier and allowed herself to be peacefully captured as well as provided us with necessary intelligence in order for us to get through the ordeal. She also told the Chief of security answers to his questions earlier this evening. As she was a...slave before, under one of our more arcane laws, I was given to understand that I can rightfully claim her as an indentured servant, as a spoil of war." He didn't sound like he relished such a thing very much and hurried on to say, "However, I wish to turn her over to Miss Day to take as an apprentice. There may be some stipulations from the Chief of security that we will need to double check and we wished to ensure that Miss Sinclair would have a teacher should Miss Day become unavailable for some reason, so we have a backup person willing to take her as her student," he prefaced. "If there is a fee, for I know it is work, please let me know what would the charge be, sir?"

He typed a quick message to the Flambeau: "Hey. Just wanted to let you know that B's all right. She's resting peacefully and dreaming about making landscapes with playdough."

When he got a moment as they went to be seated he checked the message alert and saw the one from Serge. He nodded to himself, relieved and a little confused how he knew what she was dreaming about. He replied: ''thank you, much appreciated.'

// I think it was a maintenance outage, but it's up again at least : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 am

"That sounds really interesting Mr Wainwright, I would really love to learn such magic, I am going to have to ask Chief Joakim about it."
The vampiress said and she sounded happy for the first time in the coversation.
Colin hesitated for a moment, "You know, it might be wiser to ask Mrs. Knox to refer you to a Linear Mage of her own Tradition. The Order of Hermes has a number of issues with vampires, owing to the trouble with when Tremere went from being an honourable Hermetic House to a somewhat less honourable vampire clan..."

"We will have many chances to talk and learn from one another in the future my friend, if you do not mind me calling you so, today when you are tired are not the time."
The old Quesitor commented with a warm smie.
He smiled back, "Plenty of time to reminisce and make new memories, old friend."

"As you wish Sir."
Andrew said and he headed for the kitchen and soon returned with tho cups of coffee.
"Thank you child."
Udella said and smiled and Andrew excused himself and left for the kitchen to practice his new spell.
He looked down at the coffee and arched an eyebrow at the door Andrew had disappeared through, "Well... I'm sure he's enthusiastic and means well, and was perhaps a little tired right now... but coffee will do."

The old Quesitor nodded, she looked rather concerned.
"I see, well it makes sense that an event must have happened before it can be learned from, what about Allison? I was planning on taking her with me to Horizon and having her take the cure regularly until I can let her of the serum, I take it I can not take her to Dr Mossly either then?"
She asked and frowned.
He pondered, "The serum is safe for three days, but it takes years before the buildup becomes a threat... Receiving the cure regularly might be... more of a hazard, actually, since it tampers with the spine. I would personally recommend looking for some alternative means of controlling her until her trial, though - perhaps some manner of geas to restrict her use of magic instead of restraining her access to it? Of course, you would know the legality of that better than I do. But no, taking her to see Dr. Mossly about it with the information about the cure would not do."
He pondered, "Bringing her to see Dr. Mossly and expressing concern about the serum, though, might be permissible, so long as Dr. Mossly makes the connection herself."

"I can at least ask him if he would conest to theraphy, I am not so sure he would allow Dr Lee to stick a needle in his spine, not after a year on that damned serum."
The Enforcer said and frowned.
He nodded, "Wrinkle said he could live if brought to be treated by Dr. Lee, so I would think there's a good chance he'd accept treatment after getting help from Dr. Bouchard."

"Poor woman, I wish more can be done for her."
Your advocate said.
"As for the Paradox Spirit his manners are soft but make no mistake if you refuse his polite requests then he will remove you from time or send you to a Paradox Realm, be careful with him Mr Wainwright very careful."
The Quesitor cautioned.
He nodded, "I know... He did say we'll speak again, so I'm going to make sure I keep a supply of his favourite tea blend in stock. Green tea with peachflower, a rather subtle, sweet blend. And yes, an iron fist in a velvet glove."
He grinned wryly, "And he did express some... concerns over my desire to salvage some old TV series that were lost in the sixties or seventies... Might have to consider letting that plan slide. Pity, really, since that could have made the world a slightly happier place for a lot of people..."
He frowned, "On another note, if the prisoners are being moved tonight, I suppose I ought to get to introduce you to Mr. Bergen rather quickly... If you would like to accompany me downstairs to the temporary holding area?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:32 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening. Returning to Steelhaven.)

"That is sad, I did not meet them but it is sad our conflict lost them their lives. I know funerals will be held later."

I'll tell something to Master Narim, maybe we could do something for them. In any case, it was a victory nonetheless. What i fear is... a dozen mages and a dozen more werewolves for a single labyrinth that didn't attack. How many of those do we have here in Boston? we don't have that much people if there are more like this one here.

(Meeting with an old shaman.)
Let them, It's normal. Do you go around looking for them? Or do they just find you?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:26 am

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening)

Colin hesitated for a moment, "You know, it might be wiser to ask Mrs. Knox to refer you to a Linear Mage of her own Tradition. The Order of Hermes has a number of issues with vampires, owing to the trouble with when Tremere went from being an honourable Hermetic House to a somewhat less honourable vampire clan..."

"You do have a point Mr Wainwright and I understand the Order of Hermes, I love my Clan but when it became vampiric it went around and turned other mages into vampires which is generally not a good thing to do. Now when that is said I understand Hermetic ritual much better than witchcraft."
Isabella said and sigh.

He smiled back, "Plenty of time to reminisce and make new memories, old friend."

Udella smiled at that and nodded.
"Indeed my friend, there will be plenty of time."
The old Enforcer said kindly and she gave you a warm smile.

He looked down at the coffee and arched an eyebrow at the door Andrew had disappeared through, "Well... I'm sure he's enthusiastic and means well, and was perhaps a little tired right now... but coffee will do."

Udella chuckled at that and sipped her coffee.
"Perhaps the boy have been attending on Master Morgan a bit to much, I could not help but notice the man drink allot of the stuff. I prefer tea myself but as you said the child meant well, and coffee will do."

He pondered, "The serum is safe for three days, but it takes years before the buildup becomes a threat... Receiving the cure regularly might be... more of a hazard, actually, since it tampers with the spine. I would personally recommend looking for some alternative means of controlling her until her trial, though - perhaps some manner of geas to restrict her use of magic instead of restraining her access to it? Of course, you would know the legality of that better than I do. But no, taking her to see Dr. Mossly about it with the information about the cure would not do."

"I will have to ask a medical pracitioner about it, and probably that will be Dr Lee. Once Allison is my apprentice she will be mine to decide over and I can dispense with such unplesantness since I have quite a bit of leeway on Horizon however for as long as she is a prisoner the dicicion of how she is kept under control is not mine, I certinly will not keep her in such a painful way longer than I have to."
Udella said and frowned.

He pondered, "Bringing her to see Dr. Mossly and expressing concern about the serum, though, might be permissible, so long as Dr. Mossly makes the connection herself."

"Hum...I might do that then."
The old Enforcer said and nodded.

He nodded, "Wrinkle said he could live if brought to be treated by Dr. Lee, so I would think there's a good chance he'd accept treatment after getting help from Dr. Bouchard."

"The question I guess is if Wrinkle said that he may live as in I will allow it or as he may live as a prediction of the future."
Udella said and she raised an eyebrow.
"But I hope he will agree to get help."

He nodded, "I know... He did say we'll speak again, so I'm going to make sure I keep a supply of his favourite tea blend in stock. Green tea with peachflower, a rather subtle, sweet blend. And yes, an iron fist in a velvet glove."

"You are bribing Old Man Wrinkle with tea?"
Udella said and she raised her eyebrow again.
"And talking with him again? Well I guess it is to be expected considering your visions."

He grinned wryly, "And he did express some... concerns over my desire to salvage some old TV series that were lost in the sixties or seventies... Might have to consider letting that plan slide. Pity, really, since that could have made the world a slightly happier place for a lot of people..."

"Wrinkle is a Paradox spirit my friend, he is literary the personification of disbelief he do not want you to work any magick, now any changes of the past will cause allot o Paradox, your plan would always be cotly it is up to you to decide whatever or not to pay that price."
The old Enforcer commented.

He frowned, "On another note, if the prisoners are being moved tonight, I suppose I ought to get to introduce you to Mr. Bergen rather quickly... If you would like to accompany me downstairs to the temporary holding area?"

"I can see him on Horizon as well you know but yes lead the way Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and she finished her coffee and slowly stood, the old woman was getting rather tired now you could see.

"Oh hell yes! I've always wanted to try playing an instrument that wasn't a clarinet." Serge said excitedly in a tone that sounded like a child getting a present for Christmas. He took the violin when Rosa offered it to him and held it carefully, as if afraid of breaking it.

Rosa showed you how to hold the violin correctly.

"Are you sure though. Aren't these things like super-fragile? Like if you touch them wrong they explode?" he said as he tried holding the instrument in a similar manner to how Rosa held it, accepting any advice or direction from the musician.

"It is made of wood so it is fairly solid, I mean do not smash it on the furniture or throw it around and it should be fine, I might have to tune it afterwards if you are rough with it but that should be it. Now try to run the bow over it an be preparred that it will sound horrible until you learn to control the sound."
Your cousin said and smiled as she showed you how to hold the distrument and use the bow.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

A small pause, as Nicole swore inwardly, while lighting a smoke. 'Is this about the prisoner removal, sir? Including the vampires?' scratching herself for a moment, wishing this had come up before she'd eaten a twin taco pack and a portion of cheesy nachos...

"Not the vampires, they are in protective custody and are not prisoners, technically they can ask to leave and they will be allowed to do so, they need our protection and I will not have their kind at th Chantry without them being restrained so as long as they need our protection they will have to put up with the pain of the condition they are in right now. We are moving the Nephandi, and a member of our Chantry who betrayed us. Now there are also two Marauders but they will stay for now, I have not yet decided what to do with them."
Jeffry explained over the phone.
"I do not want to give more details than that over the telephone though."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

Thank you. Oh, good," he said when she told him about the letter and pulled it over to him to read it.

The document said:
"I Henrietta Day hedge wizard member of the Hollow Ones takes Cecilia Sinclair as my apprentice, Miss Sinclair where taken as bounty during an attack on the Nephandi and she have been gifted to me as a student. If I should die or Awaken before Miss Sinclair's apprenticeship is completed Miss Bianca Ruzzo hedge wizard member of the Verbena have agreed to take over her training."
The letter was signed by Henrietta and the letter of intent from Bianca was included.

"Very well, in overview, Master Tolle we wish your guidance in order to make a proper, legally binding document for an arrangement that we wish to make. Miss Sinclair was at the labyrinth earlier and allowed herself to be peacefully captured as well as provided us with necessary intelligence in order for us to get through the ordeal. She also told the Chief of security answers to his questions earlier this evening. As she was a...slave before, under one of our more arcane laws, I was given to understand that I can rightfully claim her as an indentured servant, as a spoil of war." He didn't sound like he relished such a thing very much and hurried on to say, "However, I wish to turn her over to Miss Day to take as an apprentice. There may be some stipulations from the Chief of security that we will need to double check and we wished to ensure that Miss Sinclair would have a teacher should Miss Day become unavailable for some reason, so we have a backup person willing to take her as her student," he prefaced. "If there is a fee, for I know it is work, please let me know what would the charge be, sir?"

"You are fully allowed to take anyone not a member of the Traditions and not a sleeper as an indentured servant and then sell or gift them to someone else as an apprentice, though the reverse is not always possible if the Tradition they are apprenticed to do not see students as property. A contract like you would create when selling a bog or an amount of Tass will do. What demands the leaders of your Chantry will put forth to keep this former Nephandi slave at the Chantry safely are up to the Deacon Council. Transferring her as an apprentice though is not complicated. There is no fee as such it is my duty as a Quesitor to help with legal concerns, however the norm is to give a gift to a judge assisting you on private matters and I am running out of socks, European size 42."
Master Tolle said his facial expression never changing.
"So did you have a draft for me to look at or did you want me to author a transferance of goods contract?"
He asked and regarded Cecilia for a moment.
"She is a little old but should make a fine apprentice."
He siad and Cecilia looked away and blushed.
"Thank you Master Tolle."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening. Returning to Steelhaven.)

(At Steelhaven.)

I'll tell something to Master Narim, maybe we could do something for them. In any case, it was a victory nonetheless. What i fear is... a dozen mages and a dozen more werewolves for a single labyrinth that didn't attack. How many of those do we have here in Boston? we don't have that much people if there are more like this one here.

"Do something for them? Like sending flowers or something? I guess we could do that."
Jon said then he raised an eyebrow.
"There are many ways to attack Mr Karyak, the Labyrinth where not just sitting there doing nothing until we attacked them, they where trying to do a ritual which would have more or less ended the world, a plan that had been years in the making, but no we can not afford major losses regularly, I do not want us to have any losses but sometimes risking ones life is neccesary."

(Meeting with an old shaman.)

Let them, It's normal. Do you go around looking for them? Or do they just find you?

"A little of both, I find them and they find me. I am old now and someday soon I will change for the last time and run free and then I will join my ancestors, hopefully they will be pleased with my life, for now though I can help spirits, and that is then what I will do, we should all strive to do what we can after all young man."
The shaman said as she sipped her tea.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:43 am

"It is made of wood so it is fairly solid, I mean do not smash it on the furniture or throw it around and it should be fine, I might have to tune it afterwards if you are rough with it but that should be it. Now try to run the bow over it an be preparred that it will sound horrible until you learn to control the sound."
Your cousin said and smiled as she showed you how to hold the distrument and use the bow.

"Aww so I can't go full rockstar mode on it." Serge joked as he lifted the bow and placed it on top of the violin.

"Well here we go. Time to unlock my secret musical potential." he said as he closed his eyes and braced himself for the horrible noise that was sure to follow as he gently ran the bow over the violin's strings in a vain attempt to play it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:09 am

When you tried to bring the bow across the strings either you got a tinny tiny sound, or it sounded like some strange animal dying. Anna and Yu Die covered their ears and giggeled. Rosa smiled a little.
"Hold here Serge, and try again, gently now, and remember I got my first violin when I was three years old and I have been practicing like that, it sounded this way when I first got mine as well."
Your Cousin said to encourage you.

(OOC: I might be a bit slow early in the day today as the psycriatric day center I go to have this activity thing where we are going in to Bergen so I will be busy until later in the day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:35 am

When you tried to bring the bow across the strings either you got a tinny tiny sound, or it sounded like some strange animal dying. Anna and Yu Die covered their ears and giggeled. Rosa smiled a little.
"Hold here Serge, and try again, gently now, and remember I got my first violin when I was three years old and I have been practicing like that, it sounded this way when I first got mine as well."
Your Cousin said to encourage you.

While Serge was happy the young girls got some enjoyment out of his failure he was still a little perturbed that his meager effort managed to produce such a horrifying sound. "This is harder than it looks and it looked pretty hard to begin with. This would be a lot easier if I could just take all of the knowledge out of your head." Serge said as he followed Rosa's instructions, adjusting his grip slightly.

"You've been playing since you were 3? Explains why your so good." he said with a smile as he attempted to play again, running the bow gently through the strings of the string instrument.

(OOC: No problem Anja.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:54 am

"You are fully allowed to take anyone not a member of the Traditions and not a sleeper as an indentured servant and then sell or gift them to someone else as an apprentice, though the reverse is not always possible if the Tradition they are apprenticed to do not see students as property. A contract like you would create when selling a bog or an amount of Tass will do. What demands the leaders of your Chantry will put forth to keep this former Nephandi slave at the Chantry safely are up to the Deacon Council. Transferring her as an apprentice though is not complicated. There is no fee as such it is my duty as a Quesitor to help with legal concerns, however the norm is to give a gift to a judge assisting you on private matters and I am running out of socks, European size 42."

"Hrm, well I am reasonably certain that such a tradition is not carried over amongst the Hollow Ones," he said, glancing at Mrs Day for confirmation. "Yet once the transference is made then she would be an apprentice and would have the protection of her new mentor, is that not so? Would you suggest some additional language around that to keep her safe while Miss is still...technically property? I can create stipulations beforehand..." He tried not to look too amused at the notion of paying him in socks but a bit of a smile appeared on his face. "I am sure that I can find some socks for you, that is more than a bargain. I will add it to the list of things I need to get. Battling has been rough on my wardrobe. Do you have any preference for types or color?"

"So did you have a draft for me to look at or did you want me to author a transferance of goods contract?"
He asked and regarded Cecilia for a moment.
"She is a little old but should make a fine apprentice."
He siad and Cecilia looked away and blushed.
"Thank you Master Tolle."

"It might be good to have you write up the base contract and then if there's something that needs to be augmented then we can do so...ah, here also is the note from Miss Day and she had one with regards to the backup mentor here as well. Can we use some paper?" he asked her.

// have a good day!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:20 am

"You do have a point Mr Wainwright and I understand the Order of Hermes, I love my Clan but when it became vampiric it went around and turned other mages into vampires which is generally not a good thing to do. Now when that is said I understand Hermetic ritual much better than witchcraft."
Isabella said and sigh.
Colin nodded, "What is now Verbena was once a Hermetic House, a thousand years ago, though. Some practices have been kept, and their blood magic might be somewhat... closer to home, as it were."

Udella chuckled at that and sipped her coffee.
"Perhaps the boy have been attending on Master Morgan a bit to much, I could not help but notice the man drink allot of the stuff. I prefer tea myself but as you said the child meant well, and coffee will do."
He nodded, "Well, Americans seem to generally prefer coffee, too... though I suppose they're not as bad as the Scandinavians."

"I will have to ask a medical pracitioner about it, and probably that will be Dr Lee. Once Allison is my apprentice she will be mine to decide over and I can dispense with such unplesantness since I have quite a bit of leeway on Horizon however for as long as she is a prisoner the dicicion of how she is kept under control is not mine, I certinly will not keep her in such a painful way longer than I have to."
Udella said and frowned.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Assuming you get that trial underway at the absolutely earliest possible time, what sort of time frame are we talking about, though? Days, weeks or months?"

"The question I guess is if Wrinkle said that he may live as in I will allow it or as he may live as a prediction of the future."
Udella said and she raised an eyebrow.
"But I hope he will agree to get help."
He nodded, "Well, he did phrase it as the former, and he cannot meddle with free will... but just that he sees it as a sufficiently viable outcome to mention it does give some cause for optimism, I think."

"You are bribing Old Man Wrinkle with tea?"
Udella said and she raised her eyebrow again.
"And talking with him again? Well I guess it is to be expected considering your visions."
He chuckled, "I'm not sure if bribing is the right word. After all, if someone like Wrinkle decides to take the time to come visit for a friendly chat, I would not want to be a poor host. Though I suppose there would be some consternation throughout the Chantry if he took me up on the offer to swing by from time to time for a cuppa."

"Wrinkle is a Paradox spirit my friend, he is literary the personification of disbelief he do not want you to work any magick, now any changes of the past will cause allot o Paradox, your plan would always be cotly it is up to you to decide whatever or not to pay that price."
The old Enforcer commented.
He nodded, "That particular rescue plan would not change the observed past, though - in fact, I could probably pull it off without anything more demanding than a very precise scrying on the past. Might need some television equipment for that, though..."

"I can see him on Horizon as well you know but yes lead the way Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and she finished her coffee and slowly stood, the old woman was getting rather tired now you could see.
He nodded and offered his arm, "True enough, but he can be a somewhat... difficult personality, and I would feel more comfortable if I at least could be there for the introduction. He might be disinclined to trust you right away if you simply showed up out of the blue."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:23 am

While Serge was happy the young girls got some enjoyment out of his failure he was still a little perturbed that his meager effort managed to produce such a horrifying sound. "This is harder than it looks and it looked pretty hard to begin with. This would be a lot easier if I could just take all of the knowledge out of your head." Serge said as he followed Rosa's instructions, adjusting his grip slightly.

"I am not so sure that woud work since allot of it are muscle memory but at least you could have gotten the basics, I am not sure ow easy it is to download skills into someone's head like on the Matrix though."
Rosa said and grinned.

"You've been playing since you were 3? Explains why your so good." he said with a smile as he attempted to play again, running the bow gently through the strings of the string instrument.

"I guess it is like with your drawings Serge, you have gotten so good at it since you have been at it for so long."
Rosa said and smiled. When you tried again the noise was a litte less horrible, but only a little.
"There you go, now try again."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"Hrm, well I am reasonably certain that such a tradition is not carried over amongst the Hollow Ones," he said, glancing at Mrs Day for confirmation. "Yet once the transference is made then she would be an apprentice and would have the protection of her new mentor, is that not so? Would you suggest some additional language around that to keep her safe while Miss is still...technically property? I can create stipulations beforehand..."

"Yeah no the Hollow Ones do not have slavery, well unless someone really, really want to be I guess."
Henrietta said. Tolle nodded.
"Yes once Miss Sincair becomes an apprentice, which only require you writing and signing a document to hand her over and Miss Day accepting her as one then she will be a linear member of the Traditions, subject to and protected by our laws, no one can simply claim her or interrogate her or in other ways harm her unless she commit a crime and are sentenced for wrongdoing, any additiona stippuations are not needed but are not prohibited either so that matter would be up to you Mr Roth Hicks."
The Quesitor said.
"The Verbena willing to take responsibiity for the young woman if her Mentor should become unnavailable though are a useful precaution, I wish more did so, she would still be protected by the Traditions but then someone can care for her until a new Mentor can be found for her."

He tried not to look too amused at the notion of paying him in socks but a bit of a smile appeared on his face. "I am sure that I can find some socks for you, that is more than a bargain. I will add it to the list of things I need to get. Battling has been rough on my wardrobe. Do you have any preference for types or color?"

"Such gifts given when a Enforcer helps out writing a contract or sorting out another non crimmenal matter should be small, it should be a show of appriciation of the work done rather than payment to avoid Enforcers favoring offering their services to rich clients. Color is not so important for socks as long as it is not to strong or eye popping, I prefer them to be not to tight around the ankles though, I am an old man my circulation is not what it used to be."
Master Tolle said, still with no emotion on his face.
"Is I can imagine that fighting against the Nephandi can be harsh on the wardrobe, I remember loosing some robes when I was young and engaged in such."

"It might be good to have you write up the base contract and then if there's something that needs to be augmented then we can do so...ah, here also is the note from Miss Day and she had one with regards to the backup mentor here as well. Can we use some paper?" he asked her.

"As you wish, I just need a few more details, are there a sales price for this apprentice, it is not neccesary but are common, and if not a direct sales price will a boon be owed later?"
Master Tolle asked.
"Has the quality of Miss Sinclair's Gift been established, the extent of her magickal talent?"
He added as Henrietta nodded and handed you the pack of nice Christmas gift from a relative paper, it was thick, cream yellow and looked handmade. Master Tolle looked like he approved of the paper.
"I do not have allot of resources but what if I pay with a deal, the Hollowers have allot of Orphans he get into contact with, what if I when the time comes and Mr Roth Hicks desire an apprentice of his own I will help him find one?"
The Hollow One offered.

(OOC: I have to run so I have to reply to Warp's post later. And thank you Strife.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:49 am

"I am not so sure that woud work since allot of it are muscle memory but at least you could have gotten the basics, I am not sure ow easy it is to download skills into someone's head like on the Matrix though."
Rosa said and grinned.

"You'd be surprised. Muscle memory is just another type of memory stored in your mind. Subconscious mind but your mind nonetheless. A lot of our skills depends on our knowledge of how to perform them and the experiences we had while learning them. How to stand, the optimal way to hold the violin, the best way to move the bow around, etcetera, etcetera. We might not be always aware of all the knowledge we're drawing upon but it's there nonetheless." Serge said with a grin.

"And I am certain there's a virtual adept out there that has the ability to matrix-download skills into someone's head. Hell, I could probably do it right now if I tried." he said with feeling perhaps a bit too magickal from being in the node room.

"I guess it is like with your drawings Serge, you have gotten so good at it since you have been at it for so long."
Rosa said and smiled. When you tried again the noise was a litte less horrible, but only a little.
"There you go, now try again."

"Yeah I guess your right about that. We're similar in that regard." Serge said wincing as the terrible noise assaulted his ears.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Anja's Post:

A short pause. 'Understood. ETA: three mins.' Nicole replied. After waiting a moment to see if the Chief had anything else to say, she'll get up and start to head downstairs.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next