Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 4 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:57 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Flavian grinned a little at that.
"I am quite dedicated to making sure my former Master is unhappy and stay unhappy, anything I can do in order to do that sounds good to me. The notebook is in the green drawer in the dresser near the far left wall of my room, third drawer from the floor, my sock drawer."
The Tytalus explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 4 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Adley Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:01 pm

[Kyle's rooms]

"Ah...that is understandable Sir."
Anna said with a nod.
"But yeah that is what note books are for, remembering things...I have several you can have one of mine if you want."
She offered

He gave her a small smile. "Thanks, but I don't want to bring something like that with us. I should probably figure a way to keep things in order aside from our everyday techniques."

"Oh that sounds awesome!" Serge said enthusiastically. "Did you remember to name the spell? That's the most important part."
"Well what it do is create a wave of sort that do not directly counter magick but makes it just a bit harder, it slow someone down, so I was thinking of naming it the Wave of Annoyance."
Anna said with a proud smile.

Adley looked a bit amused at that.

"I did what I had to brother I do not want to serve the Nephandi. I can feel those darker impulses in me and I do not want to fell to those I just want to be me and if...if...the worst happens I guess it is better than being with the Fallen but I really, really, really want to keep my magick the thought of loosing it is terrifying."
Kyle muttered and he shivered and even the thought seamed to make him ill.

"Keep fighting...and to do that, it's like...being in the trenches of your own mind. For now, while we wait it is terrifying but you're not alone."

Adley washed up and made a batch of sandwiches, stowing a few for Anna and himself or whomever might be hungry. He checked on his messages after to see if there was any update from his pater or Crexia, as well. Then he called up Richard, to see if his adelfi was alright, since he couldn't go to the infirmary with Anna.

// the good news is the KS for Technocracy got funded to fulfillment already, so eventually there will be the book available, when people have funds again.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 pm

[Kyle's rooms]

He gave her a small smile. "Thanks, but I don't want to bring something like that with us. I should probably figure a way to keep things in order aside from our everyday techniques."

"Yeah...hum...well there is always mind palaces, they can be great for remembering things Sir."
Anna replied after she had considered the problem for a moment.

Adley looked a bit amused at that.

The young Orphan just grinned at that.

"Keep fighting...and to do that, it's like...being in the trenches of your own mind. For now, while we wait it is terrifying but you're not alone."

"I...I know...but what if the trial ends badly and I am..."
Kyle sigh and looked away.
"That prospect is so terrifying I...I...don't even know how to deal with the thought of it happening."

Adley washed up and made a batch of sandwiches, stowing a few for Anna and himself or whomever might be hungry. He checked on his messages after to see if there was any update from his pater or Crexia, as well. Then he called up Richard, to see if his adelfi was alright, since he couldn't go to the infirmary with Anna.

There where no new messages. You got some sandwiches made with Kyle helping out. You called Richard and the Akashic ansered the call.
"Yes Adley...how can I help you?"
The doctor asked.

(OOC: Wow that was fast.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:06 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:Flavian grinned a little at that.
"I am quite dedicated to making sure my former Master is unhappy and stay unhappy, anything I can do in order to do that sounds good to me. The notebook is in the green drawer in the dresser near the far left wall of my room, third drawer from the floor, my sock drawer."
The Tytalus explained.
Colin nodded and tapped out a quick message to Crexia while the recording kept going, 'Flavian's room, green drawer in dresser near far left wall; third drawer from the floor, sock drawer. Notebook with everything.'
He smiled thinly as he sent the message and checked the recording app again, "Very good - I'm sure the good Lady will be quite interested in that. You know, it's heartening to know that as ancient and knowledgeable as she is, she still approaches learning with the enthusiasm of the young and living..."
He shook his head, "But enough of that. Let's see, the notebook, the two intruders..."
He peered over his glasses at Flavian, meeting his gaze, "Oh, yes, of course... the way you blew up at my daughter... you already knew quite well who and what she is, didn't you?"

((OOC: Holy shitballs, an hour or so to hit goal?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:16 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin nodded and tapped out a quick message to Crexia while the recording kept going, 'Flavian's room, green drawer in dresser near far left wall; third drawer from the floor, sock drawer. Notebook with everything.'

You got a reply back that said.
"I will contact Golden Rose Chantry about being allowed entry through their wards to fetch this notebook right away, how are the interrogation going are the former Adeptus cooperating?"

He smiled thinly as he sent the message and checked the recording app again, "Very good - I'm sure the good Lady will be quite interested in that. You know, it's heartening to know that as ancient and knowledgeable as she is, she still approaches learning with the enthusiasm of the young and living..."

"Hum...well I guess she do not want to become to static, most of her kind end up rather impaired after all, there is a reason why becoming a lich is not generally a popular choice."
Flavian replied.

He shook his head, "But enough of that. Let's see, the notebook, the two intruders..."
He peered over his glasses at Flavian, meeting his gaze, "Oh, yes, of course... the way you blew up at my daughter... you already knew quite well who and what she is, didn't you?"

"Yes...I knew."
The Tytalus said meeting your gaze.
"I had been informed about the girl."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:46 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back that said.
"I will contact Golden Rose Chantry about being allowed entry through their wards to fetch this notebook right away, how are the interrogation going are the former Adeptus cooperating?"
He replied quickly, 'Well enough. He's quite a lot more talkative without his former Master's leash. I will send you the recording when you come to relieve me here. No rush.'

Anja wrote:"Hum...well I guess she do not want to become to static, most of her kind end up rather impaired after all, there is a reason why becoming a lich is not generally a popular choice."
Flavian replied.
He nodded, "She has an unusual zeal for life, that's for certain. I would not make that choice, myself... but then, my path seems to be a very different one in any case."

Anja wrote:"Yes...I knew."
The Tytalus said meeting your gaze.
"I had been informed about the girl."
He nodded, "I suspected you would be trying to goad a perceived insult that would give you the right to demand some harsh concession from her... so who told you, your ex-Master, or someone on our side? And was your attitude an attack on her, or more like a sneaky cry for help, to rouse our suspicions?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:04 am

[Kyle's rooms]

Anja wrote:"Well if this is your episode you know, in more modern game anime where they have realized the protagonist have to loose at times for character development it might be your time to loose Mr Yager just so you can ridiculously over react and then be offered food and then make a huge deceleration of victory next time."
Stephen replied with a chuckle.

"Same goes for you too you know." he said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Well what it do is create a wave of sort that do not directly counter magick but makes it just a bit harder, it slow someone down, so I was thinking of naming it the Wave of Annoyance."
Anna said with a proud smile.

"Ohhhh that's a sweet name!" he praised, "And it definitely sounds like an annoying spell. You'll have to show it to us sometime. We have been testing random spells in here."

Anja wrote:Suddenly a special attack from Sophitia came your way, you managed to doge it, but just barely. Stephen played more aggressively now though donging and protection was still his main thing, he seamed to change up his style not to be predictable as he swung out of the way of one of your special moves and then sent one of his own in Voldo's direction.

Serge was a little startled by Stephen change in play style. Deviating from a strategy that had won him the previous round? Certainly not something Serge had expected. But he couldn't help but be a little happy that Stephen changed up his style ever so slightly. Not relying on one restricting plan and learning to be flexible. He knew it was incredibly unlikely, to the point of being impossible, but he liked to think Stephen learned it from him and watching how he fought.

Serge continued to play, dodging the incoming special attack if he could and continuing his own aggressive style. If Stephen played more aggressively that would leave him more open for Voldo's quick and dangerous attacks which he would exploit.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:35 am

[Kyle's rooms]

"Yeah...hum...well there is always mind palaces, they can be great for remembering things Sir."
Anna replied after she had considered the problem for a moment.

"Hm, I suppose I can always ask my cabalmate to trade me some of his techniques," he said with a nod to Serge. "If he's willing to teach me."

"I...I know...but what if the trial ends badly and I am..."
Kyle sigh and looked away.
"That prospect is so terrifying I...I...don't even know how to deal with the thought of it happening."

"I can't take your fear away, but...I believe that we have a good chance to get through this and that something even more wonderful might be able to come with time. My hope is, that when you get through this, all that you fear will be transformed. By you, by your experience with it, and the support of those that care about you. And someday, you can look back on it and it will look like a grain of sand, that you made into a pearl."

He deposited a plate in front of his nephew, Serge, and Kyle had his. Then he offered a packaged one, like his own, to Anna. "I'm not sure if you can have this or not, but I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring some food in case we need some. You never know." Then to Stephen, he asked, "Do you know how to clear up the arcane links on plates?"

"Yes Adley...how can I help you?"
The doctor asked.

"Hey..mmm, not to name anyone in particular, or get into specifics, but...is it okay up there?" he asked.

// Funded for the main book in 45 min. Now onto stretch goals at the 85k tier - not bad, considering it's harder this year for a lot of people, and it seems the $$ for the shipping is a big increase due to all that's going on (especially out of the US, it seems like the prices are high, sorry guys). Still, it means that there's new books on their way next year, which is good news as hopefully people that have restricted cashflows now can get the print on demands then and maybe the cost of shipping will be back to normal too : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:04 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Same goes for you too you know." he said with a smile.

"Yeah that is fair enough."
Stephen replied.

"Ohhhh that's a sweet name!" he praised, "And it definitely sounds like an annoying spell. You'll have to show it to us sometime. We have been testing random spells in here."

"Yeah I am going to annoy the Nephandi."
Anna said with a grin.
"That is cool I like to play with my magick Sir, right now I don't know when we have to leave for the mission and I would have to ask my dad to be allowed to but I would love that."
The young Orphan agreed.

Serge was a little startled by Stephen change in play style. Deviating from a strategy that had won him the previous round? Certainly not something Serge had expected. But he couldn't help but be a little happy that Stephen changed up his style ever so slightly. Not relying on one restricting plan and learning to be flexible. He knew it was incredibly unlikely, to the point of being impossible, but he liked to think Stephen learned it from him and watching how he fought.

Serge continued to play, dodging the incoming special attack if he could and continuing his own aggressive style. If Stephen played more aggressively that would leave him more open for Voldo's quick and dangerous attacks which he would exploit.

You got in a good hit on Sopethia, but then Stephen jumped away and got in a Twin Angel Kick which then turned into a Tornado strike that took a good chuck of Voldo's health, and then the young Hermetic moved his character away and focused on defense, moving quickly around the arena.

"Hm, I suppose I can always ask my cabalmate to trade me some of his techniques," he said with a nod to Serge. "If he's willing to teach me."

"I think Mr Yager would be delighted to be asked."
Anna said with a nod.
"And it is a really useful method."

"I can't take your fear away, but...I believe that we have a good chance to get through this and that something even more wonderful might be able to come with time. My hope is, that when you get through this, all that you fear will be transformed. By you, by your experience with it, and the support of those that care about you. And someday, you can look back on it and it will look like a grain of sand, that you made into a pearl."

"Learning from a horribly scary experience eh? Well yes I suppose that if all go well then I will."
Kyle muttered as he helped you make sandwiches.
"But yeah...the problem is if...it go well...but what if it do not? I know we have a good chance, Master Tolle have said we have about 70 percent chance, but that still leave 30...there is 30 percent chance that I will be..."
He looked down.
"Adley what...how will our Mentor react if I am...if things do not go well...will he be okey?"
The young mage asked sounding concerned.
"I know he have lost apprentices earlier."

He deposited a plate in front of his nephew, Serge, and Kyle had his. Then he offered a packaged one, like his own, to Anna. "I'm not sure if you can have this or not, but I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring some food in case we need some. You never know." Then to Stephen, he asked, "Do you know how to clear up the arcane links on plates?"

"Thanks uncle Adley."
Stephen said his eyes on the game. Anna smiled to you.
"I can eat any food really but I have to ask my Mentor about candy so thanks."
The girl said and she ate her sandwich. Kyle hesitated but he took a bite out of his sandwich, which had raspberry jam as he got rashes from strawberries.Stephen paused the game for a moment and looked back at his uncle.
"No..not really no sorry Sir...I can make heat or movement or such things into other stuff and feel like energies and the like and that is about it thus far."

"Hey..mmm, not to name anyone in particular, or get into specifics, but...is it okay up there?" he asked.

"Yes, most of the patients are sleeping and the new patient are stable for now...I am on my way back up to the infirmary after attending to the man our Cabalmate have ehm...helped."
The Akashic replied.

[Empty Apartment]

He replied quickly, 'Well enough. He's quite a lot more talkative without his former Master's leash. I will send you the recording when you come to relieve me here. No rush.'

You got a reply back which said.
"Very well then, I will get the notebook as soon as possible and you see what more you can get out of the former Adeptus."

He nodded, "She has an unusual zeal for life, that's for certain. I would not make that choice, myself... but then, my path seems to be a very different one in any case."

"Nice for her I guess."
Flavian replied with a shrug.

He nodded, "I suspected you would be trying to goad a perceived insult that would give you the right to demand some harsh concession from her... so who told you, your ex-Master, or someone on our side? And was your attitude an attack on her, or more like a sneaky cry for help, to rouse our suspicions?"

"Yes and no...I had been told about the girl by my former Master who did want her dead, I had also heard about her skill with counter magick. My thought was that if I got her to attack me either I could kill her and gain his favor, or she would be able to counter my attack and chances are she would find out that I had Investments and I would be discovered, so it would be a win in either case."
The Hedge Wizard said simply and with no emotion about discussing potentially killing a child.

(OOC: I did not know it was more expensive to ship, when I buy from ebay and other places the price seam to be about the same, and shipping have always been expensive.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:45 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Yes and no...I had been told about the girl by my former Master who did want her dead, I had also heard about her skill with counter magick. My thought was that if I got her to attack me either I could kill her and gain his favor, or she would be able to counter my attack and chances are she would find out that I had Investments and I would be discovered, so it would be a win in either case."
The Hedge Wizard said simply and with no emotion about discussing potentially killing a child.
Colin gave him an expressionless look, "Hum, good thing for you that you didn't goad her into attacking you, then. Master Nassa already retrieved one man's testicles from where they'd been hammered up into the abdomen by a single swift kick from her. She may be small, but she kicks like a full-grown Clydesdale. I can, at the very least, not fault your reasoning, but here's something you should be aware of - she is the reincarnation of Louis DuMonte; Lady Crexia recognized her, and Master Steelhaven confirmed it. The repercussions for her death would have been... well... let's just say I'm not sure how much of your soul your Master would have been able to reclaim after Lady Crexia was done with it. Oh, certainly, a 'mere Orphan' might not be able to swing much leverage on his own, but one of the first members of the Order, and a senior member of your own House? I don't think you'd find a lawyer worth their salt willing to protect you..."

((OOC: I do believe shipping prices are looking at a nasty spike, as the bloody trumpet is trying very hard to compel the USPS to hike up their rates in another attempt to do away with public postal service, so the for-profit companies can move in and deliver worse services at higher prices...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:00 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin gave him an expressionless look, "Hum, good thing for you that you didn't goad her into attacking you, then. Master Nassa already retrieved one man's testicles from where they'd been hammered up into the abdomen by a single swift kick from her. She may be small, but she kicks like a full-grown Clydesdale.

"That...sounds remarkably painful."
Flavian said with a bit of a wince.
"What is this little girl made of?"

I can, at the very least, not fault your reasoning, but here's something you should be aware of - she is the reincarnation of Louis DuMonte; Lady Crexia recognized her, and Master Steelhaven confirmed it. The repercussions for her death would have been... well... let's just say I'm not sure how much of your soul your Master would have been able to reclaim after Lady Crexia was done with it. Oh, certainly, a 'mere Orphan' might not be able to swing much leverage on his own, but one of the first members of the Order, and a senior member of your own House? I don't think you'd find a lawyer worth their salt willing to protect you..."

"Well fuck that...are you sure? But how can the reincarnation of Master Du Monte be Fallen?"
The Tytalus said and he sounded rather shocked.
"I guess then it is good I did not attack her, and I would explain her talent for countermagick at least."
He said with a frown.

(OOC: Well that sucks.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:54 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"That...sounds remarkably painful."
Flavian said with a bit of a wince.
"What is this little girl made of?"
Colin grinned, "Sugar, spice, everything nice, and a hell of a lot of determination."

Anja wrote:"Well fuck that...are you sure? But how can the reincarnation of Master Du Monte be Fallen?"
The Tytalus said and he sounded rather shocked.
"I guess then it is good I did not attack her, and I would explain her talent for countermagick at least."
He said with a frown.
He frowned, "I am quite sure; I trust Lady Crexia and Master Steelhaven's word on that, and how is not so hard to explain... The man who abducted her and her mother when she was but a toddler tricked her into the Caul. On the positive side, that man was also a magical powerhouse who protected his apprentice, much unlike how the other Nephandi in the Labyrinth would have, so while her Avatar is wrong, she was never abused and broken down like others would have been. She's not a widderslainte, and when she eventually passes, she won't be reborn as one, either."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:04 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin grinned, "Sugar, spice, everything nice, and a hell of a lot of determination."

"Well remind me not to piss that kid off then Mr Wainwright."
Flavian said and he sounded a bit impressed.
"Well piss off again, I kind of like my balls where they are."

He frowned, "I am quite sure; I trust Lady Crexia and Master Steelhaven's word on that, and how is not so hard to explain... The man who abducted her and her mother when she was but a toddler tricked her into the Caul. On the positive side, that man was also a magical powerhouse who protected his apprentice, much unlike how the other Nephandi in the Labyrinth would have, so while her Avatar is wrong, she was never abused and broken down like others would have been. She's not a widderslainte, and when she eventually passes, she won't be reborn as one, either."

The Tytalus listened to your explanation then he nodded.
"So she was tricked into the Caul as a kid...I can sympathize with that...I hope you are right then that she can somehow cleanse herself."
He said with a nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:13 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Well remind me not to piss that kid off then Mr Wainwright."
Flavian said and he sounded a bit impressed.
"Well piss off again, I kind of like my balls where they are."
Colin nodded sagely, "Most men do."

Anja wrote:The Tytalus listened to your explanation then he nodded.
"So she was tricked into the Caul as a kid...I can sympathize with that...I hope you are right then that she can somehow cleanse herself."
He said with a nod.
He grinned, "Well, to put it this way, I know she will. Guess where the sand that broke your contract came from?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:45 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin nodded sagely, "Most men do."

"Yeah strange thing that."
The Tytalus said with a slight grin.

He grinned, "Well, to put it this way, I know she will. Guess where the sand that broke your contract came from?"

"From her? But how? Well in that case it seams like I owe the young lady a thank you then, breaking that contract hurt like a bitch but it was worth it."
Flavian replied with a nod though he looked a little confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:30 pm

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"From her? But how? Well in that case it seams like I owe the young lady a thank you then, breaking that contract hurt like a bitch but it was worth it."
Flavian replied with a nod though he looked a little confused.
Colin grinned, "She takes after her adopted father, I guess - I meddle in time, so she does, too. She came from the future, delivering it to us a while back. We're still figuring out the full potential and limitations of the sand. The bullets made from it are highly detrimental to the Fallen, though - it appears getting shot with Primium causes less trauma. Significantly less trauma..."

He shook his head, "Well, enough about that right now. Do you know of any in the Labyrinth pacted to your former Master, who might be informed of your... defecting?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:56 pm

[Empty Apartment]

Colin grinned, "She takes after her adopted father, I guess - I meddle in time, so she does, too. She came from the future, delivering it to us a while back. We're still figuring out the full potential and limitations of the sand. The bullets made from it are highly detrimental to the Fallen, though - it appears getting shot with Primium causes less trauma. Significantly less trauma..."

"Hum...so that sand comes from her? But how? Is it a Paradox effect?"
The Tytalus asked he seamed more concerned about how Anna was producing the sand than her time shenanigans.
"Sounds like you can make some potent weapons from the stuff."

He shook his head, "Well, enough about that right now. Do you know of any in the Labyrinth pacted to your former Master, who might be informed of your... defecting?"

"That is likely yes, but like I said earlier it is not like I am informed about who serve my former Master, we do not have a community and meet ups you know."
Flavian replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:21 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Learning from a horribly scary experience eh? Well yes I suppose that if all go well then I will." Kyle muttered as he helped you make sandwiches. "But yeah...the problem is if...it go well...but what if it do not? I know we have a good chance, Master Tolle have said we have about 70 percent chance, but that still leave 30...there is 30 percent chance that I will be..."
He looked down. "Adley what...how will our Mentor react if I am...if things do not go well...will he be okey?"
The young mage asked sounding concerned.
"I know he have lost apprentices earlier."

"I think he is fond of you. I'm fond of you, too and I have lost a brother before; it would be hard. But these are thoughts that I try not to entertain, hard as that is to do in practice. I try to keep my thoughts focused on what I want to happen, like a pathway that I am putting my feet down with intention. I do not intend to lose you."

"Thanks uncle Adley."
Stephen said his eyes on the game. Anna smiled to you.
"I can eat any food really but I have to ask my Mentor about candy so thanks."

He told her and the others what kind of sandwich it was, just in case of allergies.

"No..not really no sorry Sir...I can make heat or movement or such things into other stuff and feel like energies and the like and that is about it thus far."

"There is no need to apologize. I can show you if there is time, I am sure your sora will also show you in due course."

"Yes, most of the patients are sleeping and the new patient are stable for now...I am on my way back up to the infirmary after attending to the man our Cabalmate have ehm...helped."
The Akashic replied.

"Ah...good, thank you. That is all for now then."

// the Technocracy KS blew through all the stretchgoals to 100k overnight. Impressive. I think the deal with the shipping is that there's a lot of logistical problems as well due to the virus. Stuff just isn't open, or functioning well.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:28 pm

[Kyle's Room]

"I think he is fond of you. I'm fond of you, too and I have lost a brother before; it would be hard. But these are thoughts that I try not to entertain, hard as that is to do in practice. I try to keep my thoughts focused on what I want to happen, like a pathway that I am putting my feet down with intention. I do not intend to lose you."

Kyle sigh and he nodded.
"I know my parents are scared out of their wits but they try not to say anything not to scare me more."
He said as he made another sandwich.
"I try to think positive, I try Adley but it is not easy."

He told her and the others what kind of sandwich it was, just in case of allergies.

Everyone nodded at that.

"There is no need to apologize. I can show you if there is time, I am sure your sora will also show you in due course."

"Yeah she probably will. I mean I have not been Awakened that long, I think there is quite a few things before she et me try for my Gauntlet."
Stephen replied.

"Ah...good, thank you. That is all for now then."

"Ok see you later then Adley."
Richard said and he waited to see if you had anything else to say before he hung up on the call.

(OOC: Yeah that is probably right, all shipping have been slowed down, some things I have been waiting for for over two months now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:25 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Adley wrote:"Hm, I suppose I can always ask my cabalmate to trade me some of his techniques," he said with a nod to Serge. "If he's willing to teach me."
Anja wrote:"I think Mr Yager would be delighted to be asked."
Anna said with a nod.
"And it is a really useful method."

Serge, surprisingly, didn't seem to realize that Adley was talking about him. In fact, he seemed very engrossed in the game he was playing and hadn't actually looked in Adley or Anna's direction once since they had arrived.

Once Anna said his name though he managed to catch on, "You guys talking about me?" he said absent-mindedly, eyes still glued to the screen.

Adley wrote:He deposited a plate in front of his nephew, Serge, and Kyle had his. Then he offered a packaged one, like his own, to Anna. "I'm not sure if you can have this or not, but I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring some food in case we need some. You never know." Then to Stephen, he asked, "Do you know how to clear up the arcane links on plates?"

A surprised look appeared on Serge's face as a plate of food materialized in front of him. A quick glance at Adley explained its appearance, "Oh.....thanks! I'm starving." he said with a smile, although he quickly returned to the game, not wanting to give Stephen any leeway.

Anja wrote:"Yeah I am going to annoy the Nephandi."
Anna said with a grin.
"That is cool I like to play with my magick Sir, right now I don't know when we have to leave for the mission and I would have to ask my dad to be allowed to but I would love that."
The young Orphan agreed.

"Maybe some other day then. Don't wanna bother Mr. Wainwright too much." he replied.

Anja wrote:You got in a good hit on Sopethia, but then Stephen jumped away and got in a Twin Angel Kick which then turned into a Tornado strike that took a good chuck of Voldo's health, and then the young Hermetic moved his character away and focused on defense, moving quickly around the arena.

Serge continued his assault, wanting to return the favor for the health he had lost. Voldo's tricky moves, that could strike either direction regardless of which direction Voldo himself faced, were good at piercing through Stephen's defense. Not to mention Voldo's mantis crawl (which always made Serge giggle when he used it) and many of his other moves often lunged Voldo forwards, which could help him easily reach Stephen whenever he tried to increase the distance between them. Anytime Serge got a good hit on Stephen, he would always make sure to try and combo that hit in order to lock Stephen's movement and deal as much damage as he could.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:00 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Serge, surprisingly, didn't seem to realize that Adley was talking about him. In fact, he seemed very engrossed in the game he was playing and hadn't actually looked in Adley or Anna's direction once since they had arrived.

Once Anna said his name though he managed to catch on, "You guys talking about me?" he said absent-mindedly, eyes still glued to the screen.

"Yes we where Sir, we where discussing mind palaces and Mr Roth Hicks said he might want to trade knowledge about that with you."
Anna replied.

A surprised look appeared on Serge's face as a plate of food materialized in front of him. A quick glance at Adley explained its appearance, "Oh.....thanks! I'm starving." he said with a smile, although he quickly returned to the game, not wanting to give Stephen any leeway.

Stephen continued playing trying to get another special move in on Voldo as Anna started eating her sandwich.

"Maybe some other day then. Don't wanna bother Mr. Wainwright too much." he replied.

"He probably won't mind if I send him a text."
Anna said and she tapped at her collar.
"But remember I can't work any magick without my Mentor letting me."

Serge continued his assault, wanting to return the favor for the health he had lost. Voldo's tricky moves, that could strike either direction regardless of which direction Voldo himself faced, were good at piercing through Stephen's defense. Not to mention Voldo's mantis crawl (which always made Serge giggle when he used it) and many of his other moves often lunged Voldo forwards, which could help him easily reach Stephen whenever he tried to increase the distance between them. Anytime Serge got a good hit on Stephen, he would always make sure to try and combo that hit in order to lock Stephen's movement and deal as much damage as he could.

You and Stephen traded blows with your characters back and forth, the young Hermetic played in a strategic way but a bit more aggressively now. Finally both characters was having dangerously low life, one more special attack would decide the match. Sophitia pulled back, perhaps to prepare some move giving you some breathing room from her quick, pot shot attacks.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:31 pm

[Kyle's rooms]

Serge, surprisingly, didn't seem to realize that Adley was talking about him. In fact, he seemed very engrossed in the game he was playing and hadn't actually looked in Adley or Anna's direction once since they had arrived. Once Anna said his name though he managed to catch on, "You guys talking about me?" he said absent-mindedly, eyes still glued to the screen.
"Yes we where Sir, we where discussing mind palaces and Mr Roth Hicks said he might want to trade knowledge about that with you."
Anna replied

"Perhaps later, when you are not busy..." he said. "After we deal with all of this."

Kyle sigh and he nodded.
"I know my parents are scared out of their wits but they try not to say anything not to scare me more."
He said as he made another sandwich.
"I try to think positive, I try Adley but it is not easy."

"No, it is not..." he said, sighing. He gave him a long look, then finished what he was doing. "I wish I could help you with what you are going through...I wish there was more that could be done just now, too."

"Yeah she probably will. I mean I have not been Awakened that long, I think there is quite a few things before she et me try for my Gauntlet."
Stephen replied.

"That is likely."

"You're welcome. Though I should be thanking you, you helped save our lives downstairs."

Ok see you later then Adley."
Richard said

He hung up as well. "Well, there is something I want to get done before I get called back...I wish I could stay longer, with you," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:11 am

[Empty Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Hum...so that sand comes from her? But how? Is it a Paradox effect?"
The Tytalus asked he seamed more concerned about how Anna was producing the sand than her time shenanigans.
"Sounds like you can make some potent weapons from the stuff."
Colin smiled wryly, "Not a Paradox effect... it's an ephemeral castoff, like when a crab, spider, snake, or bird molts. Except the Avatar in question won't be growing in size, but righting itself slowly and meticulously, like pieces of volcanic glass grinding against one another. And yes, potent weapons... but so horrible."

Anja wrote:"That is likely yes, but like I said earlier it is not like I am informed about who serve my former Master, we do not have a community and meet ups you know."
Flavian replied.
He nodded, "Of course, I was not expecting your Master to keep you visiting InfernalistCon or something of the sort - but it seemed plausible one might have crossed your path and let you know, like Mina did."
He frowned, "The pact with the thing that spied through her eyes was broken... poor woman, though, we had to remove her eyes and scour her eye sockets like I did your back. I'm not sure if her mind will be able to recover to stand trial..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:15 am

[Kyle's rooms]

"No, it is not..." he said, sighing. He gave him a long look, then finished what he was doing. "I wish I could help you with what you are going through...I wish there was more that could be done just now, too."

"You are doing all you can Adley, and I am grateful, I know I am surrounded by those who care about me and it do make it easier, this would be worse if I had to do it alone, so thank you."
Kyle muttered softly.
"I am just scared...I am sorry."

"That is likely."

"I will have to be able to kick more butt if I am to be able to pass my Gauntlet after all and do some damage to a Union Construct."
Stephen said with a grin.

He hung up as well. "Well, there is something I want to get done before I get called back...I wish I could stay longer, with you," he said.

Kyle smiled a little.
"There is allot to do, and I have company, please don't worry about me Adley I will be okey."
He said and Stephen nodded.
"I will take care of Kyle uncle Adley."
The young Flambeau promised.

[Empty Apartment]

Colin smiled wryly, "Not a Paradox effect... it's an ephemeral castoff, like when a crab, spider, snake, or bird molts. Except the Avatar in question won't be growing in size, but righting itself slowly and meticulously, like pieces of volcanic glass grinding against one another. And yes, potent weapons... but so horrible."

"Interesting so this sand manifest as the girl's soul recovers...most interesting and yes it is a horrible weapon but the Nephandi are the aggressors here they want to end reality we have to defend ourselves, defend everyone so we use what tools we have."
Flavian said without much compassion in his voice.

He nodded, "Of course, I was not expecting your Master to keep you visiting InfernalistCon or something of the sort - but it seemed plausible one might have crossed your path and let you know, like Mina did."
He frowned, "The pact with the thing that spied through her eyes was broken... poor woman, though, we had to remove her eyes and scour her eye sockets like I did your back. I'm not sure if her mind will be able to recover to stand trial..."

"No...I have not met anyone else."
The Tytalus replied then he winced.
"Damn that must have hurt...that must have really hurt it amaze me that she is even still alive."
He grunted as you told him what had happened to Mina.

(OOC: InfernalistCon or as Wheel of Time fans then to call it a Darkfriend Social as there are one in the books.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:21 am

[Kyle's rooms]

"You are doing all you can Adley, and I am grateful, I know I am surrounded by those who care about me and it do make it easier, this would be worse if I had to do it alone, so thank you."
Kyle muttered softly.
"I am just scared...I am sorry."

"There is nothing to be sorry over but I'm not sure I have wisdom to help you, or techniques I can easily teach right now. I've been afraid a lot of times, but each time...when it was really hard, was almost like it was new. All the training I've had gives me something to hold onto though. It takes a kind of practice and persistence, just like learning other skills in magick. But it's harder when you have to wait, when it takes time...when it's something important, lots of other factors. Focus and control over that takes a lot of energy and the scope of the problem asserts itself and fractures your intent," he agreed. "What you're feeling is understandable." Once he had some food made he began to put the materials away. "But even if you don't want to do it, you have to do the basics. And here is one." He offered him a plate of food. "Eat some food, have something to drink. You've been fighting all day." And now I sound like my mom, he thought.

"I will have to be able to kick more butt if I am to be able to pass my Gauntlet after all and do some damage to a Union Construct."
Stephen said with a grin.

"And defense. Make sure to at least wash up the dishes, though. It's a good habit to start now, I should have myself started earlier."

Kyle smiled a little.
"There is allot to do, and I have company, please don't worry about me Adley I will be okey."
He said and Stephen nodded.
"I will take care of Kyle uncle Adley."
The young Flambeau promised.

"Very well.." he said, waiting for Anna to join him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next